New York Appeals Court Catalogs Rudy Giuliani's Election Lies As It Suspends His License to Practice Law

After the 2020 presidential election, Rudy Giuliani's work as Donald Trump's personal lawyer followed a predictable pattern. Giuliani, a former U.S. attorney, New York mayor, and Republican presidential candidate, would make wildly implausible, completely unsubstantiated claims about election fraud, always promising that he was about the reveal heretofore unseen proof of the criminal conspiracy that supposedly denied Trump his rightful victory. But Giuliani never produced that evidence, which helps explain why the scores of post-election lawsuits filed by Trump and his supporters were almost uniformly unsuccessful.

Giuliani nevertheless hoodwinked many Republicans, most of whom say they believe the election was stolen, and he continued to tell his tall tale for months after Joe Biden took office, notwithstanding the defamation lawsuits and disciplinary proceedings it provoked. Even as a New York appeals court was considering whether to bar Giuliani from practicing law in that state, he kept spouting nonsense about dead, underage, and noncitizen voters.

Last Thursday that court deemed Giuliani's persistent prevarication a grave enough ethical breach to justify an immediate suspension of his law license. It added that Giuliani's "uncontroverted misconduct" will "likely result in substantial permanent sanctions at the conclusion of these disciplinary proceedings." The court's order includes a detailed (though incomplete) list of lies that may (but probably won't) interest Trump supporters who still think Giuliani was telling the truth. At the same time, the decision to discipline Giuliani mainly for out-of-court statements raises some serious questions about how far the government should go in regulating lawyers' speech.

Sorry as usual about the Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:49 AM, Bus Driver said:

205238049_10209343144212849_5769852610556461420_n.jpeg

Out of curiosity, the claim about felons voting noted above.  My understanding of the fifteenth amendment is that a previous term of servitude can not be reason y deny the right to vote. 

Is there some other amendment or law that overrides this or am I not understanding the text correctly? 

13 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Amazing!! Yet Juliani will never suffer any legal consequences

Not being able to practice law would be a legal consequence, no?

Beginning to understand that old Billy Joel line though- " she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree.."

On 6/27/2021 at 1:49 AM, Bus Driver said:

205238049_10209343144212849_5769852610556461420_n.jpeg

1 hour ago, bowman81 said:

Out of curiosity, the claim about felons voting noted above.  My understanding of the fifteenth amendment is that a previous term of servitude can not be reason y deny the right to vote. 

Is there some other amendment or law that overrides this or am I not understanding the text correctly? 

Never mind, a little googling showed the background as it relates to Richardson v. Ramirez, 418 U.S. 24 (1974).  

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

So much for the pardon....

There go those dreams of a dynasty

Bullshitters tend to have a very tough time in our legal system. Rudy did much better back in the day when he played it straight. Once he started hanging with Donnie from the Block and ramped up his bullshitting things went downhill in a hurry. 

22 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bullshitters tend to have a very tough time in our legal system. Rudy did much better back in the day when he played it straight. Once he started hanging with Donnie from the Block and ramped up his bullshitting things went downhill in a hurry. 

He looked a lot younger when I figured out he was an authoritarian asshole.

giuliani-handgun-control.jpg

21 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Well I didn't see that coming.

What? Trump stiffing a lawyer (Or any other professional type person) because he can?

I can't believe he'd do something like that.... The man (Trump) is so ethical Jesus looks to him for advice.

8 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Rudy's legal defense go-fund-me campaign ends up being about as successful as his courtroom attempts to overturn election results:

https://www.newsandguts.com/giuliani-legal-defense-fund-wants-to-raise-5m-its-raised-less-than-10k-so-far/?fbclid=IwAR03pZkJ252CZ6I6Fxu9A4YOP7_U9raK0-oxEKT3SU_aQK9fTOSIxK9FWMo

...and furthermore your honor...

Rudy Giuliani’s DC law license is suspended

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/rudy-giulianis-dc-law-license-is-suspended-.html

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I guess Rudy won't be representing Shitstain in his Zuckerberg+Dorsey lawsuits.

Rudy must be sweating buckets right now. Stiffed by TFG, law license cancelled, he spent a shitload of money on his post-election madness, and big alimony payments. I can't say I'm unhappy about that.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Rudy must be sweating buckets right now. Stiffed by TFG, law license cancelled, he spent a shitload of money on his post-election madness, and big alimony payments. I can't say I'm unhappy about that.

He’s busy. 
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/561956-giuliani-to-stump-for-greitens-in-missouri

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Death remains a viable option.  It would save that uncomfortable conversation with his kid, where the kid says, dad, I love you, and if you love me, please endorse my opponent.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The rules of public grooming: Rudy Giuliani shaves in a restaurant. Should you?

Name: Public grooming.

Appearance: Rudy Giuliani shaving himself in an airport restaurant.

Why on earth would you put an image like that into my mind? I didn’t. Rudy Giuliani did, by shaving himself in an airport restaurant.

Wait, this happened? Unfortunately, yes. A man called Nick Weiss filmed it happening on Sunday in the Delta One lounge at JFK airport.

The former New York City mayor was shaving himself at the table? Yes, shortly after eating a lobster bisque, followed by a plate of brownies.

Is this sort of thing allowed now? That depends. Do you really want your personal grooming icon to be Rudy Giuliani?

He’s a very successful man. Yes, a successful man who once made a speech with hair dye streaming down his head, and is reportedly a fairly prolific public farter.

Maybe he had a good excuse. Perhaps there weren’t any suitable facilities nearby? According to Weiss, the shaving happened a few steps away from a “really nice” bathroom.

OK, fine. But can we really say that an airport restaurant counts as a normal restaurant? For relaxed, leisurely dining? No. But for spraying thousands of bits of your own hair all over the table and floor? Yes, yes it absolutely does.

This feels sexist. Why are women allowed to do their makeup at a table, but men can’t shave? Well, strictly speaking, they aren’t. As etiquette bible the Emily Post Institute states: “It’s OK to quickly apply lipstick at the table if you’re with close friends or relatives in a non-business situation”, but it’s definitely not recommended outside this context.

Why can’t men shave, then? Oh, I don’t know, maybe it’s because applying lipstick doesn’t shoot microscopic hair clippings all over an area where people have to eat?

So that’s the public grooming rule: don’t leave a mess? Now you’re getting it. Applying moisturiser good, clipping your nails bad. That sort of thing.

Smoothing your eyebrows good, plucking your eyebrows bad. That’s it! Let’s try some more. Applying lip balm?

Good. Correct. Flossing your teeth?

Bad. Really bad! Unacceptably bad. Never floss your teeth in public.

This is actually really useful. Can we do gym changing room etiquette next? No, I’m sorry, we cannot.

Why? Is it too complicated? Listen, I’ve just spent all this time teaching you not to shave in a restaurant. Educating you on the subtleties of blow-drying your pubic hair in front of people may take years.

Do say: “Can I have the bill, please?”

Don’t say: “And a great big tub of hair removal cream while you’re at it?”

After this - at a news conference - a little stubble spread around a restaurant is actually in pretty good taste.

image.jpeg.4dd6d7f9835ecd57443a9a2d65858604.jpeg

Is that dark rum leaking out of his head?

1781839858_ScreenShot2021-08-27at5_40_33AM.thumb.jpg.99ed5d4c53776587385b3a8d1b3eb457.jpg

Rudy Giuliani Denies Drinking Problem In The Weirdest Possible Way

Rudy Giuliani, the former mayor of New York and current sideman to Donald Trump, denied having a drinking problem in a new interview with NBC New York. 

“I’m not an alcoholic. I’m a functioning...” Giuliani told the station, before tweaking direction mid-sentence and going with: “I probably function more effectively than 90 percent of the population.” 

He also denied allegations that some of his wilder TV moments were related to booze. 

“I don’t think I’ve ever done an interview drunk,” he said. “I have... sometimes... I mean, I drink normally. I like Scotch, I drink Scotch.” 

The interview was done outside in New York City ahead of the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Some passers-by wanted selfies with the former mayor.

Others jeered. 

“I loved your work in ‘Borat 2,’” someone yelled, referring to his infamous scene in the Sacha Baron Cohen film.  

The former mayor has been dogged by reports that alcohol has fueled his erratic behavior in recent years. 

Three unnamed Republican sources told CNBC in 2019 that Trump allies wanted Giuliani to end his media appearances defending the then-president due to concerns he was going on TV after drinking. 

In the book “I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year,” Washington Post reporters Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker write that “some people thought Giuliani may have been drinking too much” at a White House event on election night when he urged Trump to “just say we won.” 

Trump did not win.  

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough said in 2018 that Trump passed on Giuliani for a Cabinet post because he was “drinking too much,” among other reasons. 

“I’m insulted,” Giuliani told Politico at the time. “It’s extremely insulting. There’s no proof of any kind that I take too much alcohol. That’s ridiculous.” 

11 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Is that dark rum leaking out of his head?

1781839858_ScreenShot2021-08-27at5_40_33AM.thumb.jpg.99ed5d4c53776587385b3a8d1b3eb457.jpg

Rudy Giuliani Denies Drinking Problem In The Weirdest Possible Way

Rudy Giuliani, the former mayor of New York and current sideman to Donald Trump, denied having a drinking problem in a new interview with NBC New York. 

“I’m not an alcoholic. I’m a functioning...” Giuliani told the station, before tweaking direction mid-sentence and going with: “I probably function more effectively than 90 percent of the population.” 

He also denied allegations that some of his wilder TV moments were related to booze. 

“I don’t think I’ve ever done an interview drunk,” he said. “I have... sometimes... I mean, I drink normally. I like Scotch, I drink Scotch.” 

The interview was done outside in New York City ahead of the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Some passers-by wanted selfies with the former mayor.

Others jeered. 

“I loved your work in ‘Borat 2,’” someone yelled, referring to his infamous scene in the Sacha Baron Cohen film.  

The former mayor has been dogged by reports that alcohol has fueled his erratic behavior in recent years. 

Three unnamed Republican sources told CNBC in 2019 that Trump allies wanted Giuliani to end his media appearances defending the then-president due to concerns he was going on TV after drinking. 

In the book “I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year,” Washington Post reporters Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker write that “some people thought Giuliani may have been drinking too much” at a White House event on election night when he urged Trump to “just say we won.” 

Trump did not win.  

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough said in 2018 that Trump passed on Giuliani for a Cabinet post because he was “drinking too much,” among other reasons. 

“I’m insulted,” Giuliani told Politico at the time. “It’s extremely insulting. There’s no proof of any kind that I take too much alcohol. That’s ridiculous.” 

Admitting you have a problem is the 1st Step.  Literally.

And, Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

His sentences have evolved from “noun, verb, and 9/11” to “vodka, ice, spittle, rant.”

Who the hell is his audience?  He drew applause for that shit.  He should have been booed out of the room.

Yanno............................. Back in............. 1995 I gave a little speech at a friend's brother's wedding at Harvard... I probably should just have sat there and been quiet. But, no, I admit it, I was drunk, and had to talk. And after a few boos and comments that I should shut up... I did. And then I wandered around Cambridge the week after graduation, at midnight, trying to find a lazy fuck to share my very expensive hotel room.... And was unsuccessful. The drive home the next day was exceptionally painful. I don't think that was my last hangover, but it was one of my last really bad hangovers.

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yanno............................. Back in............. 1995 I gave a little speech at a friend's brother's wedding at Harvard... I probably should just have sat there and been quiet. But, no, I admit it, I was drunk, and had to talk. And after a few boos and comments that I should shut up... I did. And then I wandered around Cambridge the week after graduation, at midnight, trying to find a lazy fuck to share my very expensive hotel room.... And was unsuccessful. The drive home the next day was exceptionally painful. I don't think that was my last hangover, but it was one of my last really bad hangovers.

There are a couple of SA'ers who will recall me showing up at a J24 regatta with a sport bag full of apples and Irish whiskey.

The stuff normally doesn't give me a hangover, but I normally eat better and drink far far less. I will say that if you wake up Sunday morning with a hangover from drinking approximately 2 1/2 bottles yourself (I had a lot more and shared it around), then a couple of glugs from the next bottle will make you feel better.

But the punishment to come is dire.

That was one of those things, I knew better but I did it anyway.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

There are a couple of SA'ers who will recall me showing up at a J24 regatta with a sport bag full of apples and Irish whiskey.

The stuff normally doesn't give me a hangover, but I normally eat better and drink far far less. I will say that if you wake up Sunday morning with a hangover from drinking approximately 2 1/2 bottles yourself (I had a lot more and shared it around), then a couple of glugs from the next bottle will make you feel better.

But the punishment to come is dire.

That was one of those things, I knew better but I did it anyway.

- DSK

95 was one of those land mark years for me.... The special Olympics World games in New Haven gave me access to an enormous amount of out of state temporary volunteer lonely women (Not the competitors, the volunteers), but the back lash was the fact that I had to be a person that I really wasn't. It was good. But it also made me think about what I really wanted. What was 34 made for? Well... I did lots of that, but can't tell you but about 3 first names, and only 2 last names that may, or may not match.