News: Vets For Peace historic vessel departs Hawaii

9 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

Here's your take away quote:

Moving at the speed of Rimas, they are out to change the world !

Will they enter the Bay before they run out of provisions?

How many grant applications were completed enroute?

Will anyone who matters notice?

A couple or 3 decades ago an American nuke sub was docking in my home port gor RnR and some war games. Protests were organised, the media pushed it. 

Some guys took a tinnie out with a bed sheet sign held up with broomsticks welcoming them. They made front page of the paper. Not a word about the 20 protesters that turned up.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Errr...one small problem. There is not one post wishing ill on the crew.    Why is that oh erudite one ? In my world,. when you act like a dick your mates will give you a nudge. In case yo

I am sad to hear about your health issues ED, hope you are doing ok.  The above is exactly why I have no time for AJ. When the observation is more applicable to the defence, I think you've answer

As I think this over, it occurs that US politics are needlessly complex. In a nutshell, you either lap up AJ's drool and spittle, or ... you're a Nazi. Simple stuff really. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Listen, fuckwit, I did 11 voyages of up to 3 months duration from Hobart deep into the Southern Ocean and into the pack ice.

Don't tell *me* about weather.

FKT

Oh Yeah?  Well, AJ "Skip" Oliver is a past Commodore of the Sandusky, OH sailing club. Sailing Lake Erie in the summer is a lot more challenging than that pussified Southern Ocean. Lake Erie can get choppy AF. 

• Like 1

AJ has got to be a Jack sock puppet. They both seem so far out on the lunatic fringe scale it can’t be for real can it? 

Meanwhile in actual adventure news:

Early Monday morning, Cyril Derreumaux will climb into his kayak and push off the wooden fishing pier at Fort Baker, cross the Golden Gate before sunrise and embark on a two-month wrestling match with the mighty Pacific.

On 5/30/2021 at 4:12 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Almost certainly not. Same reason nobody (yet) has lobbed a nuke via missile onto a silo in another country.

Because the response wouldn't be good.

Of course you kumbaya types don't think about details like it only takes one side to start a war. Especially if you're the side with nukes.

How about if you raise your so-called "points" in person with Ms Helen Caldicott who lives in sorta nearby Melbourne, OZ; or maybe with the OZ members of Vets For Peace ?? 

They would give you a well-deserved reaming. 

But you won't do that because you are afraid to stand up for your beliefs (such as they are) in public. 

41V04-j7PWL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Report of May 31, 2021 

As of 7:15 am, Golden Rule was 96 miles from the Golden Gate bridge.  She made 117 miles yesterday.

Most likely they will arrive around dawn tomorrow or during the middle of the night.  I’ll send another update this afternoon. 

We may postpone the greeting we were planning for tomorrow at noon in Sausalito.

Their destination is a side-tie at Schoonmaker Point marina, just around the corner from the Golden Gate bridge. 

A short walk or row away is where they will rest, at Liberty Ship marina, on Captain Maggie Hallahan’s boat.

They’re in 24 kt wind, which is a lot for the crew on the Golden Rule.  They will exit the area of high wind this afternoon or evening. 

“Challenging” is how they describe sailing in such high wind.

Messages from supporters:

Regina Sneed: Based on this report, I think the best I can offer is to attempt to let a wider group of people know about Berkeley Marina location.   Mother Nature is weighing in and will have the final say about the arrival. 

I wish I could send you some extra energy to get you all though the next days.   

Koohan Paik-Mander: Hooray Golden Rule crew! You are all heroes! We await you with bated breath!

Cynthia Massa: Imua Golden Rule and Crew! May You All be safe the remaining 300 miles of your voyage and crossing. Sending Pule and Lots of ALOHA :)

Mahalo Helen for the daily updates and for getting the messages to the Crew too. I'm with You all in Spirit. 

Zoe Byrd:  Hi Helen,

Congratulations! All your, and the crew's, hard work paid off. 

I sure wish I could be in SF to welcome Goldie and the crew.

Wendy Rogan:

Dear brave Golden Rule Crew, you are so close now!

I imagine your beautiful sails glinting in the sun as you glide into San Francisco Bay.

Once a small dot in the Pacific, soon you will be visible to all,

just as the peace movement continues to grow and gain support.

Sending much love to you all!!

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Wendy Rogan:

I imagine your beautiful sails glinting in the sun as you glide into San Francisco Bay.

I'll just leave this here.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Listen, fuckwit, I did 11 voyages of up to 3 months duration from Hobart deep into the Southern Ocean and into the pack ice.

FKT

Yeah, but have you dealt with 25+ knots!  That’s some scary shit!  Lol!

21 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

As usual your bluff and bluster give you away. 

You don't know what you are talking about.  

That coast is dangerous. 

Sea states are impacted by factors other than "weather", such as ocean depth, currents, topography both above and below the surface, and . . .  (slight edit from Ocean Navigator

Cape Mendocino is well known and infamous, for its complex weather patterns and equally complex wave sets that finish their long ride across the fetch of the North Pacific, only to reflect back off its massive, projecting headland. This is an area of volatility. Its sphere of influence may extend for hundreds of miles offshore. 

_____

As vessels approach SF Bay, the area around Point Reyes is also dangerous - the GR is close to it now

Sounds like every other piece of coast around the world land meets sea and there are waves and you could crash into the land.  Really AJ, the California coast is some terribly special mine field.

Yes, they sailed an old shitter from Hawaii to San Fran. Great, well done, but enough already that this is some incredible voyage that only superhumans driven by a righteous cause could have achieved..  

• Like 2

Plus at least half of us here have sailed and raced up and down the west coast and all of us have our own stories. That you aren't impressed with sailing in the Southern Ocean marks you as the lubber, "Commodore."

The GR's voyage has been done solo by smaller boats hundreds of times by now. Glad the crew is safe, now save the world from nukes asap. Time is a ticking bomb. No really, time is a ticking bomb. 

If your experience on this forum is an indicator, Kim and Vlad will jump to fall in love like they did with TFG and disarm those ICBMs.

That still leaves the Indians and Pakis to deal with but your gentle persuasiveness  and thoughtful ways will surely carry the day. Not so sure about the Israelis and Persians but they will surely be as impressed as we are with your credentials and published work.

Still, I suspect they will blow each other up in spite of your fine work. Perhaps a few stories of your experiences behind the wire reading letters and dodging sniper fire will help, though the bullet dodging didn't help Hillary or Brian Williams IIRC. 

Whatever, there will still be the very real threat of all the tactical nukes sold or stolen from here and there in all the hot spots. Those folks may be reluctant to give them up, but hey, one day at a time, right?

I'm still unclear on why they didn't sail straight to the canal if they're heading for the Loop. Whadup buttercup?

Is AJ another WBF flicked refugee polluting the boards? What is it with WBF throw outs here?

They're nucking futs....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

As usual your bluff and bluster give you away. 

You don't know what you are talking about.  

That coast is dangerous. 

Sea states are impacted by factors other than "weather", such as ocean depth, currents, topography both above and below the surface, and . . .  (slight edit from Ocean Navigator

Cape Mendocino is well known and infamous, for its complex weather patterns and equally complex wave sets that finish their long ride across the fetch of the North Pacific, only to reflect back off its massive, projecting headland. This is an area of volatility. Its sphere of influence may extend for hundreds of miles offshore. 

_____

As vessels approach SF Bay, the area around Point Reyes is also dangerous - the GR is close to it now

Nice AJ. You have just confirmed what most of us already knew about you.

This one is for about you AJ.  Take your lithium like a good little boy and things will get better. 

4 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Nice AJ. You have just confirmed what most of us already knew about you.

You hombres of the Reich love to dish it out, but can't take it at all. 

What did I write that was not correct ?? 

WSJ: "Iran’s production of nuclear fuel plunged in recent weeks, the United Nations atomic agency reported on Monday, following alleged sabotage of its main nuclear facility in April that Tehran has blamed on Israel."

Israel my butt. This has VFP written all over it. Amirite?

In related bad news, there's a new study out predicting the death and destruction that would follow a low-yield detonation in the Middle East cities of Tehran, Tel Aviv, Riyadh, Cairo and Dubai. It's not good news for them. As a courtesy, I'm posting part of the conclusion:

"Even though 1 kt is considered low-yield by nuclear weapon standards, we should be concerned about the construction and detonation of these weapons. Simulations of 1-kt surface-level nuclear detonations in Middle Eastern cities show that the death and injury tolls on highly-dense modern-day populations can be equal to or greater than the casualties at Hiroshima (90,000-166,000 deaths) and Nagasaki (60,000- 80,000 deaths). Furthermore, depending on the weather, radiation dose to the population due to nuclear fallout may greatly increase the casualty count. This is due to nuclear fallout being more deadly following detonations at or near surface-level."  

http://npolicy.org/article_file/2103_Middle_East_Destruction.pdf

I just don't see the relevance of VFP given the current world situations. Moreover, it's likely that while 7 billion folks are against nuclear proliferation, we're not the ones with fingers on the detonators. But, as always, it is what it is. Right AJ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

we're not the ones with fingers on the detonators. But, as always, it is what it is. Right AJ?

Well, you are demonstrably wrong on that one. The US does NOT have a no first use policy, and has repeatedly threated the use nukes against other nations. 

One of the weakest arguments made by the pro-nuke deterrence crowd is that leaders with their "fingers on the detonators" will be rational enough not to bring on their own destruction; and that this logic will work FOREVER. 

But that argument is downright silly in the face of religious and ethnic extremists, not to mention the Drumph, with their fingers on the  . .  

Part of the decision making bodies vis a vis nukes are the military officials. 

The US Joint Chiefs have repeatedly agitated for nuclear attacks. 

Here is a one that has not been much reported . . (thanks for the leak by Vets For Peace advisor Dan Ellsberg) 

It was the eagerness of the Joint Chiefs for a nuclear war against China, rather than the policy of communist China, that presented the most serious threat to American security. 

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/05/27/eisenhower-military-chiefs-nuclear-war-china-classified-taiwan-strait/

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

WSJ: "Iran’s production of nuclear fuel

In general, your post makes no sense. 

In fact, you are making a case for nuclear weapons abolition. 

Way to go !!

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

there's a new study out predicting the death and destruction that would follow a low-yield detonation in the Middle East cities of Tehran, Tel Aviv, Riyadh, Cairo and Dubai. It's not good news for them.

The young author of that study has quite the impressive bio  !!  

Note that she has not given up - why have some of y'all ?? 

About the Author

Eva M. Lisowski is a member of the Nuclear Weapons Education Project at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, from where she graduated in 2020 with a B.S. in Nuclear Science & Engineering. Her prior research publications and papers include evaluations of the attractiveness of fissile materials in advanced nuclear reactors to WMD-construction, and analysis of fissile material production in India following the U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Agreement. Currently, her work focuses on simulating the consequences of nuclear weapon detonations and missile strikes targeting civilian nuclear reactors. As a young member of the American Nuclear Society and 2019 Summer Fellow at the United States Nuclear Industry Council, Ms. Lisowski has participated in nuclear energy advocacy at the Massachusetts State House and on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. Ms. Lisowski has previously studied and conducted research at the Tokyo Institute of Technology and hopes to contribute to nuclear security and non-proliferation by strengthening U.S.-Japan research collaboration. She will be attending graduate school overseas beginning September 2021 to pursue a Master’s degree in Nuclear Science & Engineering.

Most people are in favor of elimination of weapons of mass destruction.

the key word is "elimination" not "unilateral disarmament"

It's observable that the same ideologues who bray for defunding police are well correlated with those who want to dismantle deterrence and eschew the most effective and efficient forms of energy. All the while continuing their well protected high energy consumption lifestyles.

If only they had the courage of their convictions, and would abandon the trappings of consumerism that they decry.

In general, your post makes no sense. 

Way to go !!

Ollie, you seem a little low on reading comprehension.

2 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Most people are in favor of elimination of weapons of mass destruction.

Sure but it's very hard to un-invent the technology so even if AJ was gifted a one-time use magic wand, waved it and all nukes disappeared, countries would immediately start restocking the arsenal.

Mostly these days for assurance of retaliation but still. They'd do it. As we've seen, possession is sufficient to keep the bullying by bigger and richer countries down. North Korea stands as a classic example. Nobody wants to see LA or San Francisco disappear in a nuclear fireball as exchange for invading NK so no invasion will ever happen.

I predict nukes will vanish from arsenals at the time something 'better' comes into use. Not before.

Incidentally, I noticed AJ's slide from 30 knot winds to dangerous coasts. It was so pathetic an attempt that I let it go through to the keeper. As if no other stretch of coastline could possibly be as dangerous as the west coast of the USA, with the biggest & best equipped Coast Guard on the planet.

Honestly, the man is an embarrassment to you guys.

FKT

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Sure but it's very hard to un-invent the technology so even if AJ was gifted a one-time use magic wand, waved it and all nukes disappeared, countries would immediately start restocking the arsenal.

Mostly these days for assurance of retaliation but still. They'd do it. As we've seen, possession is sufficient to keep the bullying by bigger and richer countries down. North Korea stands as a classic example. Nobody wants to see LA or San Francisco disappear in a nuclear fireball as exchange for invading NK so no invasion will ever happen.

I predict nukes will vanish from arsenals at the time something 'better' comes into use. Not before.

Incidentally, I noticed AJ's slide from 30 knot winds to dangerous coasts. It was so pathetic an attempt that I let it go through to the keeper. As if no other stretch of coastline could possibly be as dangerous as the west coast of the USA, with the biggest & best equipped Coast Guard on the planet.

FKT

An embarrassment indeed. My take is AJ is so used to his word being the WORD, that he's VERY slow on reading anything that doesn't sound like something he might say. Everyone reading this is against proliferation, AJ. EVERY PERSON INCLUDING ME ya stupid fuck.

AJ, you ignorant slut, the billions I referred to were us, ALL 7 billion of us. Yellow, red, black and white, we are precious in his sight ... we as humans, ya dumb fuck, don't want to die. But there's a small number of assholes -- even dumber than you -- that do have their thumbs on the buttons. All the badasses with detonators together number in the low thousands in all the nuke states together. It's not the UNITED STATES vs them.  How fucking dense are you man?

That none of the stuff I posted earlier made sense to you is on you bud. I say, yet again, you and your cause are trivial and silly.

I especially liked your critique of the Mid East study I posted. Your claim to limited fame is publishing on basement blogs. The Mid East study I quoted was funded and proffered by the State Department. (OUR state dept.) And I posted to point out that the nuclear ship has sailed and you guys are less than barnacles. 

Wake the fuck up and put that energy to good use.

I know it takes a village but Commodore, you are one dumb fuck. 

AJ, you are not worthy of rational conversation among adults.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

An embarrassment indeed. My take is AJ is so used to his word being the WORD, that he's VERY slow on reading anything that doesn't sound like something he might say. Everyone reading this is against proliferation, AJ. EVERY PERSON INCLUDING ME ya stupid fuck.

AJ, you ignorant slut, the billions I referred to were us, ALL 7 billion of us. Yellow, red, black and white, we are precious in his sight ... we as humans, ya dumb fuck, don't want to die. But there's a small number of assholes -- even dumber than you -- that do have their thumbs on the buttons. All the badasses with detonators together number in the low thousands in all the nuke states together. It's not the UNITED STATES vs them.  How fucking dense are you man?

That none of the stuff I posted earlier made sense to you is on you bud. I say, yet again, you and your cause are trivial and silly.

I especially liked your critique of the Mid East study I posted. Your claim to limited fame is publishing on basement blogs. The Mid East study I quoted was funded and proffered by the State Department. (OUR state dept.) And I posted to point out that the nuclear ship has sailed and you guys are less than barnacles. 

Wake the fuck up and put that energy to good use.

I know it takes a village but Commodore, you are one dumb fuck. 

AJ, you are not worthy of rational conversation among adults.

The reason he hides over here with this rubbish is, he gets so badly beaten up in PA. This is his sheltered playground.

Except it's not working out too well for him.

Love his posts on dangerous winds, coast lines and sea states. As if he'd know, sailing on a small fucking lake. Somehow I doubt his reception over on CA would be pleasant, if he tried that line of bullshit. There are some real cruisers over there who've done the high latitudes stuff.

FKT

As if he'd know, sailing on a small fucking lake.

It's a big lake but it isn't the Southern Fucking Ocean. He doesn't even know what that is.

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Love his posts on dangerous winds, coast lines and sea states. As if he'd know, sailing on a small fucking lake. Somehow I doubt his reception over on CA would be pleasant, if he tried that line of bullshit. There are some real cruisers over there who've done the high latitudes stuff.

You have exceeded your stupid comment quota for the month, at least. 

You are expounding on the sailing conditions of a coast about which you know less than Diddley-Squat. 

I have sailed the Cali coast (and you have not) a number times including on the Golden Rule - @Blue Crab which makes you both consumate bull-shitters (talkin' the adjective here, not the verb) 

My reception "over on CA" was magnificent - we were welcomed as if we were family. 

And the sailors we met were helpful and friendly - not at all like you internet cyber trolls.  

I especially liked Santa Barbara, Half Moon Bay, SF, Humboldt Bay and San Diego. 

Not a mean arrogant jerk to be found, which means that you were not there. 

I am by no means a great sailor, having picked up the sport pretty late in life - I try to ask a lot of questions, listen and learn. 

21 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

When your system is based on personal freedoms, and there is no official censorship, the loons get a voice too.

I may totally disagree with him, but I feel no embarrassment, he's demonstrating the fundamental freedom of speech, and I'd defend that right for him as strongly as any citizen. If he chooses to squander it with trivial, adolescent sniping, that's his loss.

18 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

sailing on a small fucking lake

Well they are "great" lakes, and Erie is cursed with being shallow besides the historic pollution of the Ohio Shore and the Detroit River.

Some of the roughest waves I've experienced were on Ontario,  from Kingston ON to Sodus, NY in a 25 kt Westerly. Steep and seemingly square, I missed steering one in the parent's Nauticat and jarred it pretty hard dropping out the back of one, never had that happen in the open ocean, though the exit of the Cape Cod Canal has some fierce standing waves with the wind against the tide.

15 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

Some of the roughest waves I've experienced were on Ontario,  from Kingston ON to Sodus, NY in a 25 kt Westerly.

That guy @Fah Kiew Tu  ". . sailing on a small fucking lake." he wrote, 

knows even less about the Sweetwater Seas than he does about the California coast. 

Arrogant and ignorant disrespect for our sailing Olympic medals, AC sailors, recent world champs in Etchells and other boats, and our long sailing traditions. 

Really, what a downright mean punkista. 

This gent may be our all-time best, but there are many others . . 

Melges is an Olympic gold (Soling, 1972) and bronze (Flying Dutchman, 1964) medalist, a two-time Star world champion (1978 and 1979), a three-time 5.5 Meter world champion (1967, 1973 and 1983), a five-time E-Scow national champion (1965, 1969, 1978, 1979 and 1983), a seven-time skeeter ice boat world champion (1955  

And BTW, the gent for whom this boat is named, Matthew Turner, America's most prolific boat builder, grew up and learned the trade on the shores of Lake Erie in the early 1800's. His dad was the first sheriff of Ashtabula county. (photo from today's Latitude 38) 

Call of the Sea's Matthew Turner

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

That guy @Fah Kiew Tu  ". . sailing on a small fucking lake." he wrote, 

knows even less about the Sweetwater Seas than he does about the California coast. 

Arrogant and ignorant disrespect for our sailing Olympic medals, AC sailors, recent world champs in Etchells and other boats, and our long sailing traditions. 

Really, what a downright mean punkista. 

This gent may be our all-time best, but there are many others . . 

Melges is an Olympic gold (Soling, 1972) and bronze (Flying Dutchman, 1964) medalist, a two-time Star world champion (1978 and 1979), a three-time 5.5 Meter world champion (1967, 1973 and 1983), a five-time E-Scow national champion (1965, 1969, 1978, 1979 and 1983), a seven-time skeeter ice boat world champion (1955

You're an idiot. Melges may have a nice bio but it's still a freaking lake, stupid. A big puddle.

1 minute ago, 00seven said:

You're an idiot. Melges may have a nice bio but it's still a freaking lake, stupid. A big puddle.

And your ignorance and arrogance are just as stupid and toxic as FKT. 

Oh, I almost forgot to add that that both of ya are sniveling anonymous troll stalking cowards. 

Be sure to write that down so it does not slip your mind. 

9 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

:D Good one AJ!

The last time he learned something new was likely around the time of his 50th birthday, and it was that he didn't *have* to pay for sex.

FKT

Couple of minor little facts:

Area of the largest US lake (Michigan-Huron): 117,585 sq km.

Area of the Tasman Sea: 2,300,000 sq km.

Dunno what lake AJ professes to sail on, but at best it's ~ 1/20 of the size of my local puddle.

Draw your own conclusions.

FKT

Lake Erie. Surface Area - 25,667 sq km. 

Area of the Tasman Sea: 2,300,000 sq km.

I doubt "Skip" can fathom the implications. Lots of posters in these parts seem to have lost their reading skills. Kneejerk reactions have taken over.

A free press vs. the gummint and its enablers . . 

The early history of the atomic age. 

(This also explains in part why some people accept or minimize the nuclear threat: 

they do so because that is what the government tells them to do.)  

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/180389

27323. sy475

I must have missed AJ's arrival announcement. I've been monitoring nat'l tv, Google, NPR, Voice of America, Pravda, the Guardian, the People's Daily, TikTok, the Sausalito scuttlebutt, The Marin Independent Journal, Greenpeace.org, Marinscope, and got nutin. Even TFG's blog is down! The actual biggest story out west seems to be about the homeless encampment in a Sausalito city park.

I called the White House Press Office, and Jen Psaki referred me to a story in the SF Chronicle. That story reads like straight out of a press packet which is of course, exactly what it is. Pictures too. Anyway Jen said that Just Plain Joe and Doctor Biden were considering a trip out there to hand out Medals of Freedom and crying towels to the crew of the historic GR and its nat'l correspondent who posts here, unfortunately.

Why the GR is "historic" is unclear*. I think one of our posters here claimed the GR was the impetus for Greenpeace. Checking the GP site (I read so you don't have to) I found:

A group of thoughtful, committed citizens came together in 1971 to create Greenpeace. A handful of determined activists leased a small fishing vessel, called the Phyllis Cormack, and set sail from Vancouver for Amchitka Island in Alaska. Their mission was to protest U.S. nuclear testing off the coast of Alaska with a brave act of defiance: to place themselves in harm’s way.

Despite being intercepted by the U.S. Coast Guard, these daring activists sailed into history by bringing worldwide attention to the dangers of nuclear testing.

Checking with VFP, est 1985, I found this:

We aim to advance Veterans For Peace opposition to nuclear weapons and war, and to do so in a dramatic fashion. We have recovered and restored the original peace boat, the Golden Rule, that set sail in 1958 to stop nuclear testing in the atmosphere, and which inspired many peace makers and peace ships that followed. The restored Golden Rule is voyaging once more, to show that a nuclear peace is possible, and that bravery and tenacity can overcome militarism. [bold mine]

What they don't say is how this silliness shows (a) that nuclear peace is possible and (b) what they're being brave and tenacious about, and (c) how those two traits can overcome militarism. 

I conclude that much like claiming a behind-the-wire-desk jockey is equal to serving on a ballistic missile sub is bullshit bloviation plain and simple, the Vets for Peace org takes itself and the value of its work far too seriously. 

Jes saying.

* The original GR voyage was scrubbed. The second made it to the Marshall Islands nuclear testing site Honolulu where the crew was arrested, I dunno why. The actual claim to fame would better be made by the Phoenix of Hiroshima that did sail into the nuke test site. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

* The original GR voyage was scrubbed. The second made it to the Marshall Islands nuclear testing site Honolulu where the crew was arrested, I dunno why. The actual claim to fame would better be made by the Phoenix of Hiroshima that did sail into the nuke test site. 

Let's not contaminate bullshit & PR with facts, man.

FKT

• Like 1

So, did our little darlings on the timber shitter survive their 25 knot ordeal? They're tough dudes..... ships of timber, men of steel!

7 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Well AJ's 15 days of infamy are about over

And your relentless stupidity just keeps on going.  

The Golden Rule is now back in NorCal . . 

a tip of the hat to the crew, and the weather routers as well. 

Here is what is purported to be a good article (with photos!) on the return 

in the San Fran Chronicle 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/article/Here-s-the-story-behind-the-historic-16223739.php?fbclid=IwAR0MQOefF1dxKjufBXUAYhyd4fN6jYosndoLpY6mgHto842e-aHSZnwYnaw

Unfortunately, I cannot get past the pay wall to see it - sniff !! 

Little help ? 

11 hours ago, 00seven said:

So, did our little darlings on the timber shitter survive their 25 knot ordeal? They're tough dudes..... ships of timber, men of steel!

So many class acts among the men of the Reich . . 

If Karma exists, it has your boat lined up. 

Good shot of arriving home  . .  

(well close to home anyway, the actual home port of the rebuilt Golden Rule is Humboldt Bay, CA) 

May be an image of boat racing, sailboat and body of water

On 6/1/2021 at 4:04 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Report of May 31, 2021 

As of 7:15 am, Golden Rule was 96 miles from the Golden Gate bridge.  She made 117 miles yesterday.

Most likely they will arrive around dawn tomorrow or during the middle of the night.  I’ll send another update this afternoon. 

We may postpone the greeting we were planning for tomorrow at noon in Sausalito.

Their destination is a side-tie at Schoonmaker Point marina, just around the corner from the Golden Gate bridge. 

A short walk or row away is where they will rest, at Liberty Ship marina, on Captain Maggie Hallahan’s boat.

They’re in 24 kt wind, which is a lot for the crew on the Golden Rule.  They will exit the area of high wind this afternoon or evening. 

“Challenging” is how they describe sailing in such high wind.

Messages from supporters:

Regina Sneed: Based on this report, I think the best I can offer is to attempt to let a wider group of people know about Berkeley Marina location.   Mother Nature is weighing in and will have the final say about the arrival. 

I wish I could send you some extra energy to get you all though the next days.   

Koohan Paik-Mander: Hooray Golden Rule crew! You are all heroes! We await you with bated breath!

Cynthia Massa: Imua Golden Rule and Crew! May You All be safe the remaining 300 miles of your voyage and crossing. Sending Pule and Lots of ALOHA :)

Mahalo Helen for the daily updates and for getting the messages to the Crew too. I'm with You all in Spirit. 

Zoe Byrd:  Hi Helen,

Congratulations! All your, and the crew's, hard work paid off. 

I sure wish I could be in SF to welcome Goldie and the crew.

Wendy Rogan:

A fine cause AJ but this project's enablers supporters need to do more than just send thoughts and prayers to bring more eyes to this amazing achievement. So can you get Regina, Cynthia, Zoe and Wendy to post pictures of their tits? 'Aging, saggy, pendulous breasts for Peace' will gain more views than 'old beardy Homos for peace' ever will.

Well a couple more anyway.

29 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

So many class acts among the men of the Reich . . 

If Karma exists, it has your boat lined up. 

Karma exists alright AJ, you might note that your boyfriend Jack Sparrow is no longer on these boards?

Good essay by VETS For Peace advisor Larry Wittner 

and it shows, among other things, how uninformed the pro-nuke posters here are. 

https://globalsolutions.org/the-fateful-choice-nuclear-arms-race-or-nuclear-weapons-free-world/?fbclid=IwAR3Ff44BVkJFKZZeYoYzNSAeliSSD1HEmjQGKYABN5TcbqNV01HtN3-1rMc

On 6/5/2021 at 2:34 PM, LB 15 said:

A fine cause AJ but this project's

Your usual slime . . 

how could you ever have possibly been any sort of educator ?? 

12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Your usual slime . . 

WTF? I school you all the time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Good essay by VETS For Peace advisor Larry Wittner 

https://globalsolutions.org/the-fateful-choice-nuclear-arms-race-or-nuclear-weapons-free-world/?fbclid=IwAR3Ff44BVkJFKZZeYoYzNSAeliSSD1HEmjQGKYABN5TcbqNV01HtN3-1rMc

That is far from a good essay. It is a dreamers look at how we could move forward based on unicorns and fairy dust. It has a biased look at the present and offers no path forward apart from let's get rid of nukes.

That's it. Nothing sensible or worth exercising the gray matter. If this is the best you can come up with vets for peace is not going to go far.

19 minutes ago, Gissie said:

That is far from a good essay. It is a dreamers look at how we could move forward based on unicorns and fairy dust. It has a biased look at the present and offers no path forward apart from let's get rid of nukes.

That's it. Nothing sensible or worth exercising the gray matter. If this is the best you can come up with vets for peace is not going to go far.

Didn't bother reading the article but did it also address the elimination of delivery systems?

If people still keep ballistic missiles & subs et al there's nothing stopping them re-arming the missiles with something really ugly that isn't a nuclear weapon. Lot of dirty isotopes, biologicals and chemicals available that have a much lower tech barrier to development. Nobody currently bothers because a nuke trumps all of them.

Basically it's a quixotic & impossible dream. Requires a fundamental shift in human nature and if I've noticed anything in the last 60+ years, humanity id getting worse not better. Correlates nicely with increase in population density (which of course doesn't mean causation).

FKT

31 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

If people still keep ballistic missiles & subs et al there's nothing stopping them re-arming the missiles with something really ugly that isn't a nuclear weapon. Lot of dirty isotopes, biologicals and chemicals available that have a much lower tech barrier to development. Nobody currently bothers because a nuke trumps all of them.

That's an ugly thought.

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Ollie, I say this with no snark: There are no pro-nuke posters here. 

• Like 4

Didn't bother reading the article but did it also address the elimination of delivery systems?

Basically it's a quixotic & impossible dream. Requires a fundamental shift in human nature and if I've noticed anything in the last 60+ years, humanity id getting worse not better. Correlates nicely with increase in population density (which of course doesn't mean causation).

FKT

Why would it bother dealing with delivery systems when it doesn't deal with getting rid of nukes themselves. Apart from we all need to work together kumbaya chanting of course.

The delivery systems, like nukes, will stay in place until something better comes along.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:02 AM, Blue Crab said:

What they don't say is how this silliness shows (a) that nuclear peace is possible and (b) what they're being brave and tenacious about, and (c) how those two traits can overcome militarism. 

This.

In this age of social media, tokenism and attention seeking is mistaken for activism. Which means actually doing something about whatever the fuck it is you are attention whoring about. Changing something, Of course the claimed achievement is 'To raise awareness'. So now that AJ's buddies have safely returned from their sailing holiday grand endeavour they can take comfort that they have informed the people of the world that there are nuclear weapons.

Good for them. I hope they enjoyed themselves. Perhaps one of them might write a book about their odyssey?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

AJ, tell me you get this or forever hold yer big mouth shut.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

This.

In this age of social media, tokenism and attention seeking is mistaken for activism. Which means actually doing something about whatever the fuck it is you are attention whoring about. Changing something, Of course the claimed achievement is 'To raise awareness'. So now that AJ's buddies have safely returned from their sailing holiday grand endeavour they can take comfort that they have informed the people of the world that there are nuclear weapons.

Good for them. I hope they enjoyed themselves. Perhaps one of them might write a book about their odyssey?

Raising awareness alright, I was never aware of how dangerous 25knots was

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Hey, come on y'all stalkers !! 

You need to catch up over on PA !! 

is that above or below punkstas ? Do we need to work harder? Asking for a friend

1 hour ago, Dark Cloud said:

is that above or below punkstas ? Do we need to work harder? Asking for a friend

Poor AJ. When the going gets hard here, and people make observations he doesn't want to address - he runs away.

FKT

6 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Raising awareness alright, I was never aware of how dangerous 25knots was

Don't forget that dangerous Cali coast line. The ships graveyard.

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

This.

That ain't no holiday on a dirty old timber shitter doing 100miles/day.

They would have had time enough to write a book while they were out there!

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

That ain't no holiday on a dirty old timber shitter doing 100miles/day.

Hey, let's not mock the 100 miles/day, man. Some of us aspire to reach such dizzy heights.

FKT

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Don't forget that dangerous Cali coast line. The ships graveyard.

Probably a good thing old AJ doesn't stick his nose into CA. If he thinks we're mocking him about 25 knots and dangerous coasts, what do you reckon he'd get from people who've sailed the Patagonia coast and Drake Peninsula extensively?

FKT

It was just reported that last year's worldwide expenditure on nuhcuhlar weaponry went up with about 1.4 billion $$$$$$$,  50% of this expenditure is in the good ole' USofA, followed of course by contenders like China and Russia .... AJ and the prehistoric vessel guys have their work cut of for times to come so it seems, more drama, more exposure needed, suggestions welcome at AJ's campaign headquarters ... nuhcuhlar boobs, first suggestion

1 hour ago, Albatros said:

It was just reported that last year's worldwide expenditure on nuhcuhlar weaponry went up with about 1.4 billion $$$$$$$,  50% of this expenditure is in the good ole' USofA, followed of course by contenders like China and Russia .... AJ and the prehistoric vessel guys have their work cut of for times to come so it seems, more drama, more exposure needed, suggestions welcome at AJ's campaign headquarters ... nuhcuhlar boobs, first suggestion

AJ - this is how to do it when going for humor. That, and stay out of that box o whine.

20 hours ago, Gissie said:

That is far from a good essay.

You give no indication of having either read or understood Wittner's article. 

I expect more from Kiwis. 

Have you ever visited the masts of the Rainbow Warrior up on that hill above Dargaville ? Very solemn place. 

Have you seen the RW displays & exhibits at the Auckland Maritime Museum? 

Visited the bar in Whangarei where the French commandos stopped to drink and boast ?? 

I'll bet you lead cheers for those terrorists down at the pub. 

One of my favorite works of art . . 

the monument in Humboldt Bay to fishermen who lost their lives off the coast of NorCal. 

The disrespect shown by the trolls here to those lost souls is utterly shameful. 

I have naught but contempt for them  . . 

Fishermans Memorial High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

And then there is the great New Zealand anti-nuclear nautical protest tradition. 

I know the original owner of the Fri. He is still alive, kicking and causing "good trouble" as a supporter of the Golden Rule. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fri_(yacht)

But the Golden Rule was the first. 

49 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

And then there is the great New Zealand anti-nuclear nautical protest tradition. 

I know the original owner of the Fri. He is still alive, kicking and causing "good trouble" as a supporter of the Golden Rule. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fri_(yacht)

But the Golden Rule was the first. 

Actually that was the Phoenix of Hiroshima. 

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You give no indication of having either read or understood Wittner's article. 

I expect more from Kiwis. 

Have you ever visited the masts of the Rainbow Warrior up on that hill above Dargaville ? Very solemn place. 

Have you seen the RW displays & exhibits at the Auckland Maritime Museum? 

Visited the bar in Whangarei where the French commandos stopped to drink and boast ?? 

I'll bet you lead cheers for those terrorists down at the pub. 

And here you go making assumptions and attacks rather than debating those who disagree with you.

I find the article little more than fluff. Rabbits on about nukes then demands we do something about it. Doesn't even take the appearance of China on the scene very seriously, still stuck in the old school cold war mentality.

You response is I obviously didn't read it. Fuck me you must have been a cunt of a 'teacher'.

As or your Rainbow Warrior shit, again you make assumptions to throw shit, all the while changing the subject. The masts in Dargaville a solemn place, fuck I love this place.

Who would want to visit a bar where the assholes that blew it up had a beer, apart from you of course. Something to tell your ignorant students about how amazingly in touch you are.

Then your last little bit, accusing me of cheering on the French cunts involved.

If you are a typical example of the vets for Peace then the group needs to just fuck off and die. You have no redeeming features. You couldn't even get a kick in the nuts as you don't have a pair.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Gissie said:

If you are a typical example of the vets for Peace then the group needs to just fuck off and die. You have no redeeming features. You couldn't even get a kick in the nuts as you don't have a pair.

I think it's pretty safe to say A-J is A-typical. Still, its whole buncha of people believing in fantasy ... let's call it religious thinking, to be kind. VFP is on all fours with fringe groups under rocks. 

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

You response is I obviously didn't read it. Fuck me you must have been a cunt of a 'teacher'.

He never was a teacher. He was a prosetyliser and undoubtedly got rid of anyone who disagreed with him.

FKT

Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

He never was a teacher. He was a prosetyliser and undoubtedly got rid of anyone who disagreed with him.

FKT

And hasn't changed.