Jump to content

Who know more about the Aeolos P30?


Recommended Posts

I found a lot of stuff in Facebook about the new Aeolos P30, but nothing here? Is something wrong with this boat? It looks exciting, I thought it´s a real anarchy project. I want to buy a fast boat for the next season in Europe. Has someone seen the production? 

181517548_234274691823284_6867625734298123417_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jens Martin said:

I found a lot of stuff in Facebook about the new Aeolos P30, but nothing here? Is something wrong with this boat? It looks exciting, I thought it´s a real anarchy project. I want to buy a fast boat for the next season in Europe. Has someone seen the production? 

 

Here you go: what is it? - Sport Boat Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 12:55 AM, Jens Martin said:

I found a lot of stuff in Facebook about the new Aeolos P30, but nothing here? Is something wrong with this boat? It looks exciting, I thought it´s a real anarchy project. I want to buy a fast boat for the next season in Europe. Has someone seen the production?

Hello Jens, read this http://no-frills-sailing.com/aeolos-p30-hans-genthe-raceboat/ , I can offer a Zoom-video tour through the produciton.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

Twin rudders an option then?

Yep, allegedly you swap between both options in only a few minutes, although I don't know how that works with ratings certificates, we could ask the boss about that, @Hans Genthe

He said somewhere that the twin rudders are better for downwind flying, but the single foil is better for upwind and 'round the cans racing, which makes sense.

15 hours ago, pironiero said:

also, is it just me or belly shape is too displacement like?

I don't think so, it's optimum heel is like 30 degrees or something crazy, and the CFD shows that there's like no wetted surface area at all. Just a lot of rocker so adjusting fore and aft weight makes a lot of difference by the looks of it. 

Speed

 

My only issue with the design is that it only has an outboard in a well, and while I'd very happily do a Sydney Hobart in the boat, I'm not doing that without a diesel that I can trust to get me out of a gale. I've sailed on similar, albeit slightly less modern boats with outboards like that, and in anything more than 20 knots of wind you're not going forward. Not fun when the rocks are to leeward...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black Jack said:

Is this guy or his shills ever going to buy an ad for this unattractive boat.

*not a shill, just a fan... Its nice to see someone do something different, rather than just the same old same old racer cruiser

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2021 at 9:42 PM, Fintho said:

*not a shill, just a fan... Its nice to see someone do something different, rather than just the same old same old racer cruiser

So, what's different? It's a high wetted surface, canoe body boat. Oh, you mean the foredeck meant for a tightrope walker and a cabintop straight out of a sci-fi movie? (and likely no sitting headroom below, well, maybe for little people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2021 at 5:08 PM, Fintho said:

the twin rudders are better for downwind flying, but the single foil is better for upwind and 'round the cans racing, which makes sense.

idks, but I would have thought the opposite. upwind only a single (small) foil sticking in. Downwind the wetted surface of a single foil < two foils.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, FlorianS said:

Follow #Aeolos on FB, Insta etc. The 1st boat is nearly ready to sail, the production this weeks is around 4 - 6 boats

https://www.aeoloscomposites.com/yachts

Congratulations on your first post.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:03 PM, Black Jack said:

Is this guy or his shills ever going to buy an ad for this unattractive boat.

This boat has more pimps that Johns. I again ask they buy an ad rather than this free run around they have been attempting to do since the beginning of this design.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, floater said:

idks, but I would have thought the opposite. upwind only a single (small) foil sticking in. Downwind the wetted surface of a single foil < two foils.

I think it's more about stability with the twin rudders downwind, and they tend to be better at getting out of broaches etc right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Black Jack said:

This boat has more pimps that Johns.

Seems to have people who want to talk about boats and design. On a sailing forum. How awful, burn all the witches.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

reading marking people

9 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Seems to have people who want to talk about boats and design. On a sailing forum. How awful, burn all the witches.

It is more guerrilla marketing from the get go. They known it and perpetrate it a few times.  you can defend it as much as you want. I like SA and would like them to be profitable. It costs them money to host your opinions and thoughts. Do you really think all this paid for from love of sailing and great sailing mind contrubtions like yourself.

 

I am certain the sponsors of this section of the forum would love to have free ad space, glowing reviews of there vessels and write ups with links to facebook. They for the most part don't. 

Dude i love porn as much as the next sailor. Watching someone attempt to blow themselves once is cool if you are into it. Watching someone repeatedly in an effort create a business blowing themselves on some one else's site without some financial support is slight disingenuous. Like getting on the back door of a bus to skip paying for a ride. It is laughingly good times when you do it once. But when you have others with connected interest join in to avoid the ticket to ride,  it is some else.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Do you really think all this paid for from love of sailing and great sailing mind contrubtions like yourself.

Yes actually. No contributors, no SA. No content, no advertising revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Yes actually. No contributors, no SA. No content, no advertising revenue.

Classic self centered internet troll response. Everything on line should be free because it is easily available.  This thread is remarkably telling of the fine line that a forum role runs and the community it serves and the costs that takes to associated with a quality internet media hosting site. 

yeah, like i said it is like a bus route. we both understand that with no riders there is no route. I am little disappointed that someone with nearly 16,000 posts would think so little of the folks whose lively hood depends on the profits and loses of this site, pay the server bills, add and monitor it for content so they can keep the thing going and are very eager to make this site profitable enough to continue via sponsorship and advertising that they defend folks who themselves are in a commercial enterprise who seek to use this site without making an attempt give compensation while doing cheeky guerilla marketing posts and direct facebook links for a unattractive (to me) vessel that has yet to be tested.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2021 at 2:11 AM, Black Jack said:

Classic self centered internet troll response. Everything on line should be free because it is easily available.  This thread is remarkably telling of the fine line that a forum role runs and the community it serves and the costs that takes to associated with a quality internet media hosting site. 

yeah, like i said it is like a bus route. we both understand that with no riders there is no route. I am little disappointed that someone with nearly 16,000 posts would think so little of the folks whose lively hood depends on the profits and loses of this site, pay the server bills, add and monitor it for content so they can keep the thing going and are very eager to make this site profitable enough to continue via sponsorship and advertising that they defend folks who themselves are in a commercial enterprise who seek to use this site without making an attempt give compensation while doing cheeky guerilla marketing posts and direct facebook links for a unattractive (to me) vessel that has yet to be tested.  

 

I won some races and but the experience in the AEOLOS P30 design, discussed it on facebook. I started this project because clients want the boat, and were willing make a prepayment. I can´t spent anything for advertising out of this money. It´s for building the boats. I told the whole story in the first post at SA, which became deleted. After that I stopped reading SA. At the moment I have time, due to covid and quarantine, and read this comments.
I understand now, SA is no journalism, only paid content.

Finance has changed this year, AEOLOS became part of Nova Holding, and has an investor. I am happy to spend money in the magazines, which have supported me and stick to Journalism ethics and standards.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2021 at 2:11 PM, Black Jack said:

Classic self centered internet troll response. Everything on line should be free because it is easily available.  This thread is remarkably telling of the fine line that a forum role runs and the community it serves and the costs that takes to associated with a quality internet media hosting site. 

yeah, like i said it is like a bus route. we both understand that with no riders there is no route. I am little disappointed that someone with nearly 16,000 posts would think so little of the folks whose lively hood depends on the profits and loses of this site, pay the server bills, add and monitor it for content so they can keep the thing going and are very eager to make this site profitable enough to continue via sponsorship and advertising that they defend folks who themselves are in a commercial enterprise who seek to use this site without making an attempt give compensation while doing cheeky guerilla marketing posts and direct facebook links for a unattractive (to me) vessel that has yet to be tested.  

 

You've lost me.  How is this thread any different than the threads on this forum about the Dehler 30, or the Beneteau 31.7, or the GS 44 vs. Pogo 44 thread, which you started.  Or the Beneteau First 36 thread on the SA main forum?  

I'm just not seeing the issue.  The editor doesn't seem to be concerned, nor does anyone else besides you.  Why the fuss?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"a fellow from Texas can tell the difference between grass roots and AstroTurf"

I'm not from Texas, so it's pretty hard for me to distinguish between a disguised ad (that should be paid for) and someone connected with a project contributing to a forum users' discussion (which is really interesting and should be encouraged).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roleur said:

You've lost me.  How is this thread any different than the threads on this forum about the Dehler 30, or the Beneteau 31.7, or the GS 44 vs. Pogo 44 thread, which you started.  Or the Beneteau First 36 thread on the SA main forum?  

I'm just not seeing the issue.  The editor doesn't seem to be concerned, nor does anyone else besides you.  Why the fuss?  

We ask sellers of boats to buy classified ads if they hype and add links about their shitboxes on these boards. In keeping with that - the whole thread was started by the dude who was selling concepts even before he made the boat and did continued promoting it until the dude was outed. There are numerous other boat builders who pay for the privilege here to do that very thing.

If you read my comments above you will understand my thoughts as well as others who think like I do. I like this site and know real advertising pays for it.  I mentioned it because it is a little shady in the way they have hyped and guerrilla marketed the boat. The Dude could have easily worked in a small marketing budget instead of backdooring the marketing campaign and creating a false social media buzz with connected shills. When busted he backed off. Ask him why he did stopped trying to pimp his commercial enterprise on this site after we/he recognized he was monetarily fucking over this for profit sailing media enterprise we all enjoy. He could tell you what the fuss was about but instead did not offer an apology and crept away.  His shills maybe not so much. 

for the record I still think the boat is unattractive, looks uncomfortable, lacks a great deal of dock appeal and comes from a place I would never buy from let alone would likely get support in case there was a problem.

  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread was started by someone who asked what is wrong with it and for more information.  So...  That was the builder?

Again, how is it different from the Bene First 36 thread or the UFO thread in DA?  

If you don’t like the boat, then just move along to the other million threads on this site. 

I just don’t get all the negative energy. Why go through life like that?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Roleur said:

This thread was started by someone who asked what is wrong with it and for more information.  So...  That was the builder?

Again, how is it different from the Bene First 36 thread or the UFO thread in DA?  

If you don’t like the boat, then just move along to the other million threads on this site. 

I just don’t get all the negative energy. Why go through life like that?

Obviously you don’t know me.  i know exactly what I saw - shills and a dude pimping on a corner that he does not own. I don’t like the traffic nor do I think it is healthy for the site. If you want to buy a trick from him, feel free. 

this is SA - we all come with opinions.  Also feel free to express your opinions on the boat and builder.  You need not worry about what I expressed as a personal opinion of the vessel as it is mine and how it would not work for me.  As the dude  points out this is not a site for professional journalists peddling for a paper rag or portal. He would never entertain giving any money to a site that won’t give him something he feels he should get for free or less worthy to his genius and work.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, floater said:

so, this means she floats?

No. Check the website. Boat is finished, but I am sitting on my bed, recovered from Covid 19, waiting for quarantine end. Used the time to read all the comments in the world and found this stream yesterday. Sounds a bit strange to me...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hans Genthe said:

waiting for quarantine end

this thing wont go away, so you better get well, get a shot and keep going with your life

 

im really interested how p30 performs

 

also, do anybody have her polars by any chance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black Jack said:

We ask sellers of boats to buy classified ads if they hype and add links about their shitboxes on these boards. In keeping with that - the whole thread was started by the dude who was selling concepts even before he made the boat and did continued promoting it until the dude was outed. There are numerous other boat builders who pay for the privilege here to do that very thing.

If you read my comments above you will understand my thoughts as well as others who think like I do. I like this site and know real advertising pays for it.  I mentioned it because it is a little shady in the way they have hyped and guerrilla marketed the boat. The Dude could have easily worked in a small marketing budget instead of backdooring the marketing campaign and creating a false social media buzz with connected shills. When busted he backed off. Ask him why he did stopped trying to pimp his commercial enterprise on this site after we/he recognized he was monetarily fucking over this for profit sailing media enterprise we all enjoy. He could tell you what the fuss was about but instead did not offer an apology and crept away.  His shills maybe not so much. 

for the record I still think the boat is unattractive, looks uncomfortable, lacks a great deal of dock appeal and comes from a place I would never buy from let alone would likely get support in case there was a problem.

So you're accusing people here who are interested in a new design of being shills? You're either paranoid or don't know the meaning of shill. Why don't you pop on over to the Beneteau First 36 thread and start calling people dude and shill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Odd Sock said:

So you're accusing people here who are interested in a new design of being shills? You're either paranoid or don't know the meaning of shill. Why don't you pop on over to the Beneteau First 36 thread and start calling people dude and shill. 

I don´t understand all this comments. I´ve paid already for content at Sailing Anarchy, it became published and was marked as my content, so pure and honest advertising. I understand, my comments as designer and builder in this forum are not welcome. You are free to contact me directly. I don´t hide hinter any pseudonym, Hans Genthe is my real name.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

not welcome? I think the problem is Anarchy is chaotic. by design perhaps. as a sailor, I think commentary from the designer, builder, and sailor can be pretty much as good as it gets. but you've got to have a thick skin. Look how Kristian won over the crowd on the First 36 thread. Can't wait until he sails that thing and reports back.

same here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, Odd Sock said:

So you're accusing people here who are interested in a new design of being shills? You're either paranoid or don't know the meaning of shill. Why don't you pop on over to the Beneteau First 36 thread and start calling people dude and shill. 

Why doesn’t someone with three (3) posts total tell me how things go here. 2 in the same thread… 

Everyone has an interest. Hans now is understanding how the new game of promotion is. Nothing is free on the internet. 

For the record - I got no problems with Hans desire for success. I am interested on how this 30 goes. I do have greater concerns personally when promoters write their own news and so many others take it as factual slices of news bread. Get pissy when they are asked to pay a advertising toll. Nearly all of us know currently there are few independent sailing journalists and even fewer magazines willing to write truly editorial pieces with the fortitude to criticize what are a boats failings are. I was one of the first in following the boat on Facebook and twitter in conjunction with the contemporary rise of this thread. These are not new sources and are not prone to truth telling. They are selfie sounding boards that others find easy to vibrate into new news since new is exciting. Having worked for Facebook, Twitter and other social media models - That’s how it suppose to work. They are also seemingly free for producer and subscriber. I admire Hans for a few things, he is doing what he wants, building a boat of his own design and fearless enough to measure it soon against others.  I wish him luck in his development and speed in his boat. I am also glad he finds SA a worthy place to pay for advertising going forward since this stir up. We should all be grateful the independence of SA which rests in the content of the various anarchistic producers and not in the ownership of advertisers and portal management. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Black Jack said:

Why doesn’t someone with three (3) posts total tell me how things go here. 2 in the same thread… 

Everyone has an interest. Hans now is understanding how the new game of promotion is. Nothing is free on the internet. 

For the record - I got no problems with Hans desire for success. I am interested on how this 30 goes. I do have greater concerns personally when promoters write their own news and so many others take it as factual slices of news bread. Get pissy when they are asked to pay a advertising toll. Nearly all of us know currently there are few independent sailing journalists and even fewer magazines willing to write truly editorial pieces with the fortitude to criticize what are a boats failings are. I was one of the first in following the boat on Facebook and twitter in conjunction with the contemporary rise of this thread. These are not new sources and are not prone to truth telling. They are selfie sounding boards that others find easy to vibrate into new news since new is exciting. Having worked for Facebook, Twitter and other social media models - That’s how it suppose to work. They are also seemingly free for producer and subscriber. I admire Hans for a few things, he is doing what he wants, building a boat of his own design and fearless enough to measure it soon against others.  I wish him luck in his development and speed in his boat. I am also glad he finds SA a worthy place to pay for advertising going forward since this stir up. We should all be grateful the independence of SA which rests in the content of the various anarchistic producers and not in the ownership of advertisers and portal management. 

 

Someone with northward of 1800 posts should recognise a sock... I have a few more than 3 posts worth of experience, but I don't claim to dictate "how things go here".

After reading your first sentence I was ready to formulate a blunt response... however the rest of your post was surprisingly coherent and courteous. I'm not, and I strongly doubt anyone here, is a shill for Hans, and he didn't start this thread, and I'd guess that most here know roughly how internet revenue works, even in this anarchic corner - "if you're not paying for the product, you are the product". 

From everything I've seen, and any contact I've had with Hans, he is a talented sailor and enthusiastic designer. My guess is that English is at best a second language for him, so some  points may be lost in translation, but I doubt he is deliberately or otherwise depriving our precious SA of funds.

I agree with you that the independence of SA is priceless,  and appreciate your advocacy. Your support for Hans was well disguised, and I guess time will tell if his enthusiasm translates into results. In any case, more diversity in this niche must be a good thing, and I look forward to seeing how she goes against established designs.

Toodle-oo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 11:01 AM, pironiero said:

 

Here are data based on the recommended ORC setup.
I am the creative part (designer), but the boat is done by a team, Hannes Rentsch (one of the best CFD guys), Max Gurgel (perhaps the best ORC rating optimizer in NE) and SOLICO (stuctural engineering). The lines plan is not radical, more conservative. The boat is very light (1,6t) due to the Carbon Prepreg and and the engineering. Everthing is produced to worldwide standards and with ISO-certified Quality Management. Unusal is the design above the waterline, radical aerodynamic optimized (which don´t affect the rating) and a lot pf handling optimization.

 

 

AP30_POLARS.thumb.jpg.9a133f2cc35d5241121789af16d90fa4.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hans Genthe now we are back on track and talking about the P30, can you comment on what STIX, RCD/ISO category etc you expect the boat to get and whether it’ll be eligible for races like the Fastnet? I remember reading somewhere that 3 tonne displacement was a magic threshold for all this stuff, so interested to hear what’s possible at 1.6 tonnes. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 10:05 PM, Hans Genthe said:

No. Check the website. Boat is finished, but I am sitting on my bed, recovered from Covid 19, waiting for quarantine end. Used the time to read all the comments in the world and found this stream yesterday. Sounds a bit strange to me...

Hope you recover well.  One question I have from the Seahorse article is the cockpit- 20-30 degree heeling can be difficult in waves, but the cockpit floor looks pretty flat. The cockpit is also looks wide, so if you slip, there’s a ways to go before you stop. Kind of a climb to the high side too.  In addition, the foot rails look hard to walk on @ 30 degrees, plus what happens if a foot/toe slips under the bar?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...