On 5/11/2021 at 11:45 AM, Windward said:

Is the toilet paper pipeline operating regularly?  It is a constitutional issue.

No panic buying yet, but new legislation keeps rolling out.

I will keep making daily deposits.

Florida Governor declares state of emergency and this is what you get, Karma!

Hummer Filled With Gas Cans Bursts Into Flames in Florida

051421-citrus-county-fire-rescue.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&resize=320%2C180

8 hours ago, The Main Man said:

Wankers.

one should assume by now All wooda gone to FRYS for shit needed for a FULL-BACK-Up

but then again All are likely on a/the CLOUD that is compromised

it might be possible that after a certain point a system is Too Wide Spread to protect or back up

like a country with holdings Too far away to manage more than 1 spot at a time = eventual FAIL

Just got back from a 300 mile round trip to Annapolis to shake down a boat for a trip to Boston next week.

First 65 miles there were only 2 stations pumping gas.

Once near I-95, it was  much better, like 75% stations had gas.

A bit better tonight, but nothing to write mother about.

No panic going on.

Interesting article.

Natalya Kaspersky, the founder and former CEO of security software firm Kaspersky Lab, made an explosive suggestion in an interview with Russian state-owned domestic news agency RIA Novosti that CIA hackers were actually behind the Colonial Pipeline attack, reported RT News

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/darkside-hackers-reportedly-closing-down-after-retaliation-routs-their-infrastructure

Yes Kaspersky is Russian, but his company is one of the big boys in data security.

If we do not see preps walked, there may be something to this. Will be interesting to see how the investigation progresses.

I predickt for no other reason than it being the ultimate pandemic Rat-FUCK

soon ZOOM will get a DoS or some other Hack making it Useless even more

Forcing people to go the office in person

21 hours ago, basketcase said:

fuck..... seriously? took long enough. mate, give your head a shake.

or do the alphabet

2 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

Just got back from a 300 mile round trip to Annapolis to shake down a boat for a trip to Boston next week.

First 65 miles there were only 2 stations pumping gas.

Once near I-95, it was  much better, like 75% stations had gas.

A bit better tonight, but nothing to write mother about.

No panic going on.

Interesting article.

Natalya Kaspersky, the founder and former CEO of security software firm Kaspersky Lab, made an explosive suggestion in an interview with Russian state-owned domestic news agency RIA Novosti that CIA hackers were actually behind the Colonial Pipeline attack, reported RT News

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/darkside-hackers-reportedly-closing-down-after-retaliation-routs-their-infrastructure

Yes Kaspersky is Russian, but his company is one of the big boys in data security.

If we do not see preps walked, there may be something to this. Will be interesting to see how the investigation progresses.

RT News an ever reliable source of information.  Go there first for sure.  Heir Putin will put you on the good list.  And click on a lot of links and be sure to give them your company email address.

Another link:

https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ncas/alerts/aa21-131a

Company paid 5 million to get their oil pipe back online.  Probably would have cost a lot less to have some IT guys around to protect them??

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Company paid 5 million to get their oil pipe back online.  Probably would have cost a lot less to have some IT guys around to protect them??

IT guys can do a lot but they can't protect against stupid.  I worked for the regional electric/water/sewer utility.  We would have security training several times a year to remind us not to do stupid stuff on our computers.  "Attachments" still got opened and we would get infected fairly often.  Lucky that it never shut us down (we were shut down by an un-mowed easement once).  I always thought it was sort of amusing that it was usually someone from upper management that would open the rogue attachment.

I am surprised that there is not more of this happening.

52 minutes ago, bridhb said:

IT guys can do a lot but they can't protect against stupid.  I worked for the regional electric/water/sewer utility.  We would have security training several times a year to remind us not to do stupid stuff on our computers.  "Attachments" still got opened and we would get infected fairly often.  Lucky that it never shut us down (we were shut down by an un-mowed easement once).  I always thought it was sort of amusing that it was usually someone from upper management that would open the rogue attachment.

amen.

59 minutes ago, bridhb said:

A lot of stuff is blocked at the Jet Engine plant I am at, but it's still possible to open some bad attachment.  They send out phishing tests from time to time, and if you open one, instead of hitting the "phishing suspect" link, they make you retake the computer security training course again.....

8 hours ago, bridhb said:

My last company was serious as a heart attack about security.

Security team of IT department made sure you did remote automated security training every year which included the latest scams.

you had to pass the test at the end of it or else take it again.  And they reported everyone's scores to their managers.

and then they would try to nail you.

They would send bogus messages and if you replied or opened the attachment, you were nailed as it would alert them you got suckered.  You had to retake security training.

And if you got nailed, they would then start to fuck with you in a variety of ways for an additional 6 months.

Get nailed a second time, you had to take a set of security training and they notified your manager you would dumb as a box of rocks.  So it could show up in your next review.

If you sent the unopened message suspicious message to the special email account to report phishing or what not, you gotta an automated atta-boy.

If you sent them an unopened message corrupt email that was not in fact from them, you got extra atta-boys as they could scrub the email servers and then set up rules to trap any additional emails to others.

We had rules from the SEC IT team that filtered anything reported or they heard from their consultant on our servers. Those messages went into a JUNK Email-folder with no privileges where you could only view the text.  If you were expecting it, you could then move it back to your inbox and process it.

Just about eliminated all the hassles from phishing.

Not sure how many millions I could not collect from Nigerian princes.  Damn...

19 hours ago, ExOmo said:

RT News an ever reliable source of information.  Go there first for sure.  Heir Putin will put you on the good list.  And click on a lot of links and be sure to give them your company email address.

Another link:

https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ncas/alerts/aa21-131a

There are lots of channels of misinformation.

CNN, CNBC, MSNBC and the NYT are near the top 

If you hear the same buzzwords and phrases for a given story that is a red flag you are being played and they are regurgitating press releases from who knows where (which is what you really need to know..).

I remember when I mentioned a zerohedge article when Covid broke saying it looks like its source was Wuhan China. Someone came back just like you discrediting the source. Turns out Zerohedge was 3 WEEKS ahead of EVERYONE else.

When you are being played, if the puppetmasters cannot baffle you with bullshit, they will try to discredit the opposing source.  Just compare any of the Russiagate reporting against what came out of the actual investigations.

Who gives a shit who reports it?  The question is who said it, and what is their expertise in the subject.  Kaspersy has been a leader in data security for 2 decades.

You need to learn to do your own critical thinking and check multiple informational sources and not just go with the emails Rachel Maddow gets from her puppet masters.  Stop doing group think which is getting very dangerous.

As for your link.  If the CIA is behind it, were you thinking they would not send out such message?  As I said, lets see if anyone gets perp walked in the next month.  If this is on the up and up, there are at least 2 dozen US gov 3 letter Intel agencies looking to nail the SOB behind it as it means big budget increases for their organization.  If it dies a quiet death, it was a set up.

The fucken low life pieces shit scum have attacked a hospital system here in NZ.

I have more respect for dog shit on the bottom of my shoe than shit scum that take down a public hospital for financial gain.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/125163367/no-ransom-will-be-paid--waikato-hospitals-reeling-after-cyber-attack

2 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

The fucken low life pieces shit scum have attacked a hospital system here in NZ.

I have more respect for dog shit on the bottom of my shoe than shit scum that take down a public hospital for financial gain.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/125163367/no-ransom-will-be-paid--waikato-hospitals-reeling-after-cyber-attack

Bastards have attacked, successfully it appears, the entire Health Service here. That is leading to deaths. Murder, nothing less.

Cybergang behind Colonial Pipeline attack made $90M in bitcoin before shutting down — What that means for hospitals

Hannah Mitchell - an hour ago Print  | Email

DarkSide, the hacker group behind the Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack, racked up $90 million in bitcoin from ransom payments before shutting down, according to a May 18 CNBC article. Here's what that could mean for ransomware attacks in the healthcare industry.

Six details:

1. The FBI blamed DarkSide for the attacks that halted Colonial Pipeline's operations. The Eastern European group reportedly received $5 million in ransom payments from Colonial, according to CNBC.

2. DarkSide operates a "ransomware as a service" business model that sells ransomware tools to other criminals, who carry out attacks.

3. Blockchain analytics firm Elliptic said DarkSide collected $90 million in bitcoin from 47 victims over a nine-month period from ransom payments. On May 14, DarkSide closed down its operations after losing access to its servers and having $5.3 million in bitcoin drained from its virtual wallet.

4. This is both good and bad news for hospitals. On a positive note, it shows that increased federal involvement is working. DarkSide blamed pressures from the U.S. government in its operations being halted, according to a note cybersecurity research group Intel 471 obtained.

5. There is also speculation that the $5.3 million worth of cryptocurrency had been seized by the U.S. government, CNBC reported. However, it has not been confirmed. 

6. On the other hand, it means some victims of ransomware attacks are paying the ransoms demanded, something cybersecurity experts and federal officials have warned will only continue to incentivize attacks.

Day 9 and still no gas available at any stations in town.

We can get fuel 3 towns away (about 12-15 miles).

Reading a lot of SE Virginia and NE NC are still having issues getting fuel supplies.

This shit is getting old fast...

On 5/13/2021 at 10:25 AM, SailRacer said:

If the hackers can get to a pipeline, they can get to almost anything at anytime and may have already placed the bots (or whatever it is called).

I think the worst is yet to come and I am generally a optimistic person..

Sail Safe! 

they didn't get into the pipeline controls,  only the IT billing system, they shut the pipeline down because they couldn't make their money...  they claim that they shut the pipeline down to keep the malware from spreading, but that's pretty much bullshit...  the ceo being the idiot he is, thought no one would notice the pipeline down and the run on gas...   wonder who leaked that story to the press..

On 5/16/2021 at 5:33 PM, Foreverslow said:

My last company was serious as a heart attack about security.

Security team of IT department made sure you did remote automated security training every year which included the latest scams.

you had to pass the test at the end of it or else take it again.  And they reported everyone's scores to their managers.

and then they would try to nail you.

They would send bogus messages and if you replied or opened the attachment, you were nailed as it would alert them you got suckered.  You had to retake security training.

And if you got nailed, they would then start to fuck with you in a variety of ways for an additional 6 months.

Get nailed a second time, you had to take a set of security training and they notified your manager you would dumb as a box of rocks.  So it could show up in your next review.

If you sent the unopened message suspicious message to the special email account to report phishing or what not, you gotta an automated atta-boy.

If you sent them an unopened message corrupt email that was not in fact from them, you got extra atta-boys as they could scrub the email servers and then set up rules to trap any additional emails to others.

We had rules from the SEC IT team that filtered anything reported or they heard from their consultant on our servers. Those messages went into a JUNK Email-folder with no privileges where you could only view the text.  If you were expecting it, you could then move it back to your inbox and process it.

Just about eliminated all the hassles from phishing.

Not sure how many millions I could not collect from Nigerian princes.  Damn...

pretty much standard practice for companies dealing with NPPI...   as i said before , at the point, I'm surprised that links and attachments aren't scrubbed from all emails, with a corporate repository for such which are heavily scrutinized first, and then you're allowed to go get whatever you were sent..