Hard to imagine I, once again, got flicked from FB for 30 days in the hole.  Minor comment about popping some turd in the mouth earned banation (is that a word?).  Thankfully we gots good ole SA/PA to come spew our vile so we don't explode from self-emulation. 

Here's to Scooter becoming a billionaire social media mogul!

download (1).jpg

17techhearing-facebookpreview-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

• Like 1

Did you know that FuckenBurger is now reading your Messages as well? I got a 3 day for saying something to a good friend of mine that apparently clicked on some fuking algorithm thingy. Seriously, F-B truly fuking sucks.....more than ever before....

• Like 1

Messsenger is useful but I can’t for the life of me come up with a good reason anyone is using facebook noncommercially. And to use it while constantly complaining about the very features that make it what it is (and are carefully spelled out in the EULA) speaks to the intelligence of the complainers. 

• Like 9

WhatsApp is a Facebook property and it's extremely useful and well done. I use it for both voice and text/photos. (I use Signal as well which is also very very good.) As a result, my per month cell minutes are in the tens these days.

Facebook itself? Meh. I do use it but only for Marketplace.

That said, Facebook tracks me (or tries) and sells ad targeting (monetizes) based on what it sees. However, most ads I would see are filtered out by uBlock Origin, Ad Block Plus, .... Even still, Facebook makes money off my social graph. If I ditched my account, Facebook would still monetize me by tracking someone they know exists. If I burned my computer and moved to Nome they would still monetize what they know of my graph with my then friends. It's all pretty insidious.

I know some of the people who work on this and they are insanely smart. If you exist, you will be monetized. If you cease to exist, you will be monetized. You will be monetized.

• Like 1

“If you exist, you will be monetized. If you cease to exist, you will be monetized. You will be monetized.“

oh man that is deliciously put. 

WhatsApp, Fb messenger, and signal are the primary voice  comms platforms used by my firm for all of our Myanmar (signal), Thai (fb messenger) and other Asian clients (WhatsApp). Marketplace is pretty good too.  Personally the minute my paycheck no longer depended on numbers of eyeballs, I stopped posting because could not justify the risk/reward. 

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

“If you exist, you will be monetized. If you cease to exist, you will be monetized. You will be monetized.“

oh man that is deliciously put. 

Quite Orwellian in fact.....

2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Careful rico someone gonna think you are some kind of over educated elite.  The reality is that credit agencies and banks and broker/dealers and cold callers of all stripes have been monetizing our personal information from the moment someone had a piece of paper with a name, address, and record of a purchase. Facebook just figured out a better way to sucker people into giving it away for nothing. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Messsenger is useful but I can’t for the life of me come up with a good reason anyone is using facebook noncommercially. And to use it while constantly complaining about the very features that make it what it is (and are carefully spelled out in the EULA) speaks to the intelligence of the complainers. 

We don't want your professional opinion.  We want you old SA wise cracking snappy fella wisdom.

19 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Careful rico someone gonna think you are some kind of over educated elite.  The reality is that credit agencies and banks and broker/dealers and cold callers of all stripes have been monetizing our personal information from the moment someone had a piece of paper with a name, address, and record of a purchase. Facebook just figured out a better way to sucker people into giving it away for nothing. 

Please, like SA forums, the users and abusers are the writers and source of IP, or whatever you call this drival.

1 hour ago, Timur said:

Hard to imagine I, once again, got flicked from FB for 30 days in the hole.  Minor comment about popping some turd in the mouth earned banation (is that a word?).  Thankfully we gots good ole SA/PA to come spew our vile so we don't explode from self-emulation. 

Here's to Scooter becoming a billionaire social media mogul!

download (1).jpg

17techhearing-facebookpreview-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

$115 Billion and can't get a decent haircut.

What's the point?

I left facebook because I didn't want the memories of my parents and relatives to be scarred by their

travels towards fox/Q

• Like 1

I gave up FB last year. At first I just started unfollowing folks who insisted on posting divisive political BS, then I realized the only posts left which I saw were adverts and my wife's posts. My wife and I talk at home, and I really don't feel the need to compulsively scroll through ads, so no more FB and slightly more privacy, only slightly more because Olsonist is spot on in his post above. 

1 minute ago, LenP said:

I gave up FB last year. At first I just started unfollowing folks who insisted on posting divisive political BS, then I realized the only posts left which I saw were adverts and my wife's posts. My wife and I talk at home, and I really don't feel the need to compulsively scroll through ads, so no more FB and slightly more privacy, only slightly more because Olsonist is spot on in his post above. 

Every time I saw a pic of your Mrs. Wonderful......I instantly got cravings for.......frickin' authentic Paella......:lol:

19 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I'm still laughing about the olden daze when Social Security cards had 'Not to be used for identification purposes' printed on them......:lol:

https://www.theverge.com/2012/9/26/3384416/social-security-numbers-national-ID-identity-theft-nstic

Screenshot_2021-05-11-09-09-11.png

A paper "card", bearing no likeness of me, seems like a shitty thing to use for ID.  And, yet.....

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Not really. In 1984, the Party wanted control and squashed anything which threatened that control. Mark Zuckerberg does not want control and, as odd as this may seem, he is fairly apolitical. He thinks he can ride this political wave and then that political wave. He just wants the money.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Every time I saw a pic of your Mrs. Wonderful......I instantly got cravings for.......frickin' authentic Paella......:lol:

Heh, I am very fortunate. With the young kids now, folks have jumped from assuming she was the nanny to assuming she is the "trophy wife". She has also weathered every imaginable storm together with me. I acknowledge and am grateful for my good fortune. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LenP said:

Heh, I am very fortunate. With the young kids now, folks have jumped from assuming she was the nanny to assuming she is the "trophy wife". She has also weathered every imaginable storm together with me. I acknowledge and am grateful for my good fortune. 

You got a good one there, Len. Wfd.....:D

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

the only value of facebook's commerciality is that people use it noncommercially.

The "reason" you're lookiing for would be "emotion-driven marketing" to get people to use facebook noncommercially. You ostensibly are employed in the same niche that facebook inhabits and you can't figure it out? That's like a stripper who is befuddled by the free spaghetti buffet.

55 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Social Security cards had 'Not to be used for identification purposes' printed on them

Doesn't matter what you do with the plastic, our phone number are the equivalent of tattooed numbers on our arms.

Unique global ID.  All your accounts are linked to it.

23 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Not really. In 1984, the Party wanted control and squashed anything which threatened that control. Mark Zuckerberg does not want control and, as odd as this may seem, he is fairly apolitical. He thinks he can ride this political wave and then that political wave. He just wants the money.

Did the Party actually want control? They let O'Brien do what he wanted once he was "cured", ultimately they even let Winston and Julia do what they wanted once they were cured.

The Party only used control to get what they really wanted ... love, devotion. Obedience was nothing compared to love.

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

OK, that's funny. You must be one of the five people on the planet (besides those that wrote it) that have actually read the FaceBook end user agreement.

:D

32 minutes ago, Remodel said:

OK, that's funny. You must be one of the five people on the planet (besides those that wrote it) that have actually read the FaceBook end user agreement.

Clean lives in the fast lane.....

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The main non-commercial reason I'm on it is I'm half a world away from most of the people I know, and they are on it already. It's a convenient way to stay in touch with the people you don't talk to on the phone regularly.

It's ubiquitous enough that I'm not going to be able move all my stateside friends and family, really all my friends and family who aren't sitting on the dock with me here in NZ, over to some other platform like MeWe. I'm on that, I have two friends and have never seen or had a friend request from anyone I know personally. Of course, I never go there because there's no one there so nothing interesting happens...the snake eats it's tail.

There just isn't the critical mass of people over there to get people to move to a new platform. Groups are handy, again because of the critical mass. We use a group for the local cruising community here in Whangarei, for everything from organizing social events and sharing relevant news to selling stuff and figuring out who left that red, flowered plate at happy hour this week.

There is much not to love about it, and I do lock down my profile as much as you can. e.g. I've had Platform Apps locked since about the 4th time someone sent me a Farmville request back in the day.

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The new golden rule of web site usage - if you aren't paying for it, you're the product, not the customer.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Olsonist said:

WhatsApp is a Facebook property and it's extremely useful and well done. I use it for both voice and text/photos. (I use Signal as well which is also very very good.) As a result, my per month cell minutes are in the tens these days.

The problem I have with Signal is I'm the only person I know who has it installed...so it's kind of quiet.

It's like when I figured out how to use PGP to encrypt my emails. The only person I know who knows how to read them is my best friend, and we really don't have much to say that's worth taking the bother to encrypt.

Have you folks tried PASS IT ON?

it is really simple and works wherever there are other people. M

just yell whatever you care to communicate followed by “Pass it on “

There is already an upgraded version in the works:’ 

PASS IT ON MUTHAFUKKA

Just now, Gouvernail said:

Have you folks tried PASS IT ON?

it is really simple and works wherever there are other people. M

just yell whatever you care to communicate followed by “Pass it on “

There is already an upgraded version in the works:’ 

PASS IT ON MUTHAFUKKA

The trial run of passing Covid on worked really well.

3 hours ago, Remodel said:

I have a software client who needed a privacy statement, EULA, and a couple other things. Turns out Facebook has one of the best EULAs to copy terms from, google’s privacy stuff is way better. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mikewof said:

Did the Party actually want control? They let O'Brien do what he wanted once he was "cured", ultimately they even let Winston and Julia do what they wanted once they were cured.

The Party only used control to get what they really wanted ... love, devotion. Obedience was nothing compared to love.

Love and devotion? Bullshit.

It was all about fear. Room 101 broke love and devotion.

Control is the reason for the boot on the face. Control is how power is maintained.

How people give up their control is important.

• Like 1

I was talking with the manager of a local dog shelter today,    The Facebook page was briefly suspended, apparently because she was racially insensitive and referred to one dog as brown and another as black. 

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

I was talking with the manager of a local dog shelter today,    The Facebook page was briefly suspended, apparently because she was racially insensitive and referred to one dog as brown and another as black. 

Did they have alternate genders, too? "Used to be male" "Used to be female"

34 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Did they have alternate genders, too? "Used to be male" "Used to be female"

I think my Jack Russell identifies as male.    She tries to hump legs and sometimes hikes to urinate,    This is confusing, since she had a litter before ending up in a shelter.    She’s also been in doggy jail a couple times for vagrancy, hunting without a license and public nuisance, so she could be devising ways to game the system.   I try not to judge her lifestyle.

the second was taken last October, her look shows her displeasure with a cold, wet, squirrel free boat.

5D0E6459-C315-4F59-AAC8-D44D4211E806.jpeg

0AAC5764-C5D8-4332-8363-100592864BBF.jpeg

Face ache has come and gone and Mid didn't even register the faintest of tremors .

16 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Did you know that FuckenBurger is now reading your Messages as well? I got a 3 day for saying something to a good friend of mine that apparently clicked on some fuking algorithm thingy. Seriously, F-B truly fuking sucks.....more than ever before....

No, they fucked you off because you are a racist white supremacist cunt.

Shame really, you had to come back here to spread your shit.

Just now, Randorm said:

No, they fucked you off because you are a racist white supremacist cunt.

He must be a pretty brave racist white supremacist cunt, because he lives in Mexico, surrounded by skinny brown people jabbering away in Spanish.

To console himself, he lives in a tent/van on the beach and posts pictures of women he claims to have banged.

Too much cheap tequila leads to delusions of adequacy.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Okay, how about Gab? Any of them places with frei spyche n farst aminmint. 

OnlyKlans

16 hours ago, Lark said:

And there's the Leftista Lib Candy-asses for ya.....right there. 

Jeezis-f'ng-key-rhyst, forget the g-damn Covid vaccine shot.....what one half of this country really needs is a frickin' testosterone shot. Or seven.....

On 5/11/2021 at 10:02 AM, El Mariachi said:

30 days for me calling a f@gg@ty lefty a silly c\/nt, imagine?

• Like 1
On 5/11/2021 at 8:11 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

It's free.  There is no obligation whatsoever to use it.   I can't see how anyone could feel justified complaining about any part of it. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Jeezis-f'ng-key-rhyst, forget the g-damn Covid vaccine shot.....what one half of this country really needs is a frickin' testosterone shot. Or seven.....

even if you are getting the whole story here, it beats the fucking piss a thousand fold out of selling the 'EPA' to the highest bidder, for example... did you 'forget' when you turned away? more rational people can't really give a fk what rubs your rhubarb, einstein. jus sayin'

2 hours ago, warbird said:

30 days for me calling a f@gg@ty lefty a silly c\/nt, imagine?

right-wing = crazy as a shithouse rat.

congratulations.

9 hours ago, benwynn said:

It's free.  There is no obligation whatsoever to use it.   I can't see how anyone could feel justified complaining about any part of it. 

But, along with using it for free, we want to be exempt from the terms and conditions we agreed to when we signed up.

At least, some people want that.

My first ever earning from Facebook came today.

They removed my post because “it was spam.”

They wrote “Due to Covid we cannot review every protest.”  I couldn’t  even offer an explanation .

One of our local junior sailor’s Mom posted about the fact he is  going to MIT in the  fall.

So I posted the following:

Time to start practicing so you can make the MIT sailing team this fall. I found a boat for you in New York 

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/d/baldwinsville-mit-the-tech-dinghy/7310964374.html

4485AEEF-853A-41FC-ADBA-F591AE4CDFA3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

My first ever earning from Facebook came today.

They removed my post because “it was spam.”

They wrote “Due to Covid we cannot review every protest.”  I couldn’t  even offer an explanation .

One of our local junior sailor’s Mom posted about the fact he is  going to MIT in the  fall.

So I posted the following:

Time to start practicing so you can make the MIT sailing team this fall. I found a boat for you in New York 

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/d/baldwinsville-mit-the-tech-dinghy/7310964374.html

4485AEEF-853A-41FC-ADBA-F591AE4CDFA3.jpeg

If you had mentioned "fucking commies" it might have passed.

6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

There are about five libelous slime here on PA/SA 

whom I would flick in a heartbeat. 

Scot would sell the site to you for an unreasonable amount, and then you could be the thread nazi. Make him an offer.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Scot would sell the site to you for an unreasonable amount, and then you could be the thread nazi. Make him an offer.

That is indeed a thought, but this site is too toxic and contaminated to be worth much. 

No offense. 

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

That is indeed a thought, but this site is too toxic and contaminated to be worth much. 

No offense. 

No offense to me. I'm just here for the free beer.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

There are about five libelous slime here on PA/SA 

whom I would flick in a heartbeat. 

And you've called everyone of them a nazi. You are an idiot. I hope VFP flicks you.

On 5/13/2021 at 6:18 AM, El Mariachi said:

You are the stupidest cunt here boothy.

200.gif

9 hours ago, 00seven said:

And you've called everyone of them a nazi.

Not "everyone" - just the Nazis 

i.e., Drumphistas 

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Not "everyone" - just the Nazis people who disagree with my exalted opinions

FTFY

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FTFY

Papered Faculty Loungers. Probably the stupidest fuking people in America. I wouldn't take coffee-making advice from these fuk-sticks wearing Corduroy jackets.....let alone political or life advice....you're better off conversing with a Mynah bird.....or a mushroom...

13 hours ago, Randorm said:

You are the stupidest cunt here boothy.

200.gif

El Moran is top ten for sure but no way is he the stupidest cunt here.

11 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Papered Faculty Loungers. Probably the stupidest fuking people in America. I wouldn't take coffee-making advice from these fuk-sticks wearing Corduroy jackets.....let alone political or life advice....you're better off conversing with a Mynah bird.....or a mushroom...

Old AJ has an ego bigger than Jupiter and a skin thickness in microns. It's not a great combination.

Paraphrasing Heinlein - a size 14 ego with a size 6 intellect.

FKT

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Not "everyone" - just the Nazis 

i.e., Drumphistas 

Vets for provoking is who you're really with

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Old AJ has an ego bigger than Jupiter and a skin thickness in microns. It's not a great combination.

Paraphrasing Heinlein - a size 14 ego with a size 6 intellect.

FKT

I've seen smarter people....stuffed inside of cannons......

I quit fukbook about 5 years ago. Never tweeted, snap'd or insta anything.

This is a close as I get to social media and so far, I don't seem to really give a sit what someone thinks about what I should be doing.

I scan the news headlines from ALL media sources and keep coming back to the same conclusion.

They wants us at each other's throats so we don't notice them stuffing their hands deeper in our pockets while bending us over further every year.

Just my .02

WL

• Like 1