It's a shame that this has come so late as Mike Golding / Finot Conq are clearly credible partners. Drawing is funky though, looks like 5 degrees base rake? Something odd going on with the spreader sweep too.

8 minutes ago, Irrational 14 said:

Scow Bow is the New Black. How about a centerline sprit instead of offset and maybe a 2nd inner forestay?

I am guessing offset keeps it out of the bow stay fitting area and out of the middle of the forepeak down below.  It is probably angled for the tip to be on center when extended.  It is a small boat with a fractional rig to begin with so the inner forestay would result in a very small sail and probably require check stays, but yeah, it would be a neat feature in my offshore speed demon single handed "cruising" boat fantasy.  I would enjoy getting a sail on one of these scow bowed boats going upwind in big chop just to see how they do.   

• Like 2
On 5/13/2021 at 3:47 AM, Snowden said:

A couple of renders are out

925C21C5-404B-44A6-AB67-DFC7278DDA4D.jpeg

image.png

You had my interest, now you have my attention. Looks like the next evolution of the Pogo 30 (same NA right?) which means there's already a 4 year wait list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 1:21 PM, arturradukevic453 said:

hi, i also believe that Mike Golding / Finot Conq are 100% reliable partners. Drawing is cool, but it looks like a base rake of 5 degrees is it the same if you were working through employee tracking software? Something unusual is happening with the spreader, I don't think it's cool
Mike Golding / Finot Conq are 100% reliable partners. 
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I assume the fact that the Olympic event for which this class was conceived has been delayed 4 years / permanently cancelled may have something to do with it.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Snowden said:

I assume the fact that the Olympic event for which this class was conceived has been delayed 4 years / permanently cancelled may have something to do with it.

fuck...

On 5/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, Irrational 14 said:

Scow Bow is the New Black. How about a centerline sprit instead of offset and maybe a 2nd inner forestay?

How about 2 sprits, one on each side?

FB- Doug

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

How about 2 sprits, one on each side?

FB- Doug

And rig the tack line to gybe between them?  The articulated sprits on the mini's are pretty cool but I imagine as the boat gets bigger, that gets more difficult to successfully pull off?

This boat was meant to be a one design, not sure why an articulating sprit would be needed. The present sprit offset to clear the bow hatch and not completely monopolize the bow space when retracted but the tip is on center when extended. Plus if the boat is light enough there would not be too many times where anything articulating would be needed

Solosailor, can you post some pics of Class 40s and IMOCAs with below deck articulating sprits? 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 6:25 AM, bridhb said:

And rig the tack line to gybe between them?  The articulated sprits on the mini's are pretty cool but I imagine as the boat gets bigger, that gets more difficult to successfully pull off?

Antrim 27’s have ‘em- on deck though

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 1:36 PM, pironiero said:

why in the fuck there is no more news about this class? im foken pissed...

perhaps because it isn't a class...its a concept.   

• Like 1