• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

I thought I sensed a tremor in the force! 

Welcome back mate! 

Hope the recovery is going well!

• Like 2

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting as best I can.

• Like 36
6 minutes ago, hobot said:

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting as best I can.

one page at a time ;) but lets keep a serious eye on the post count now eh? :)

• Like 2

Is the picture sizing is too small I won't know anything until I get off my phone and start using a laptop or I can make changes.

1 minute ago, hobot said:

Is the picture sizing is too small I won't know anything until I get off my phone and start using a laptop or I can make changes.

it's perfect mate

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hobot said:

If I had to use a microscope I wouldn't complain.

Welcome Home

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ancientseawolf said:

If I had to use a microscope I wouldn't complain.

Welcome Home

:)

8 minutes ago, luminary said:

Welcome back Hobot. I understand there is an impact on one's memory but top of page typically goes something like this...

Sheer-Robe-Mesh-Lace-Lingerie-Sets-Nude-

My bad, I had forgotten about that and will correct it on the next page

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, luminary said:

Welcome back Hobot. I understand there is an impact on one's memory but top of page typically goes something like this...

Moire licke thisse..........                    :)

Sepia Test.jpg

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, hobot said:

Hobot, the news of your recovery was all we could have hoped for.

But the resurrection of the Random Pic thread, man that's the icing on the cake!

I didn't even realize how much I missed it until just now.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hobot said:

Now we can stop ignoring the ignore this thread. Glad to have you back!

10 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

.....don't get snagged up in any of Wolfsey's posts that contain more than two sentences

They alle do.........brevittey ist notte hisse strongue suite..........                            :)

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:
2 hours ago, hobot said:

1_ekfLMgj--H2YYMmb-7V6yg.jpeg

Expand  Expand  

2 hours ago, hobot said:

1_S95q8-l-k2-i5UX62oHR9w.jpeg

Expand  Expand  

Enpire State Buildeng, B25 into 78th & 80th floores, 1945.                             

Imagine one of these coming through your office at 200 MPH. :blink:

Radio Research Paper - Avenger

great to have you back up and running. Safe and quick recovery mate!

• Like 1

there was a really rather interesting documentary on the life and times of Betty Page on HBO I think it was. 

I good piece of it was dedicated to her S&M and wrasslin' type photosessions.  

She was interviewed quite extensively to comment on the content of the piece. 

Her descriptions of the photo shoots were interesting. 

Sadly there was really nothing salacious, but it was quite interesting. 

Quite a few pics in this genre were described.. it was like "we were doing this photo shoot 

and then the lunch wagon pulled up and we all ran up to get a sandwich in our bondage wear"

Ju1SEaelIjo.jpg

Good to see you back mate. Keep up the good work! I want video of Lucy going nuts when you get home. And sooner rather than later!

is the post count missing? bad things may result LOL

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

"Wowe, that plane sondes realley loude............ "          BLAMMO!

BLAMMO! might be my favorite word.

Holy arbitrary unpredictable chance!

The indiscriminate, the unplanned, the unrestricted, the fortuitous - the happening by chance, rather then design, has returned.

The return & effect of one good hearted person is incalculable.

Welcome back Hobot!

atb6c.jpg

atb6e.jpg

atb6d.jpg

atb8.jpg

atb6g.jpg

atb6f.jpg

atb6.jpg

052.jpg

040.jpg

025.jpg

018.jpg

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, boomer said:

Holy arbitrary unpredictable chance!

The indiscriminate, the unplanned, the unrestricted, the fortuitous - the happening by chance, rather then design, has returned.

The return & effect of one good hearted person is incalculable.

Welcome back Hobot!

040.jpg

025.jpg

018.jpg

See the source image We carpooled to mammoth mountain with a one legged skier and your pics reminded of the weekend.  Dave was not put out by being mono legged.  He saved 50% on boots and a pair of skis lasted him twice as long. He never crossed tips.  He always went to the front of the lift line. Dave had a most positive attitude that washed overall who knew him.  We caught him only once on that weekend as a group and all posed for a group club picture on a slope .  As we took pics (35 mm film days) an ankle biter plowed through our group on the slope ending up near Dave down hill in a settling cloud of powder.  Dave regained his footing as the ankle biter looked up and Dave exclaimed "Look what you did to my foot"....

• Like 1

Welcome back Hobot!

But please, do not skip on your Physical Therapy; even though we all cherish this thread, your PT is more important than this.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hobot said:

Spyder-Donington-Coupe-V8-Lotus-Eclat-19.jpg

Hobot - good to have a new thread started, most definitely the high light of SA.

Looking back in history it must be asked WTF they were thinking at the time... even if they were drug addled there is no excuse for a dashboard and fabric like that.... amazingly bad... the design team should be named and shamed for eternity!!!

1 hour ago, olaf hart said:

Aurora Borealis over the Huon River, southern Tasmania last night

DF9DF34C-69AE-4844-B5B0-B2EB656E2940.jpeg

One of my staff was in Hiroshima and took a pic of ground zero that looked like that.

Very disturbing.

13 hours ago, warbird said:

See the source image We carpooled to mammoth mountain with a one legged skier and your pics reminded of the weekend.  Dave was not put out by being mono legged.  He saved 50% on boots and a pair of skis lasted him twice as long. He never crossed tips.  He always went to the front of the lift line. Dave had a most positive attitude that washed overall who knew him.  We caught him only once on that weekend as a group and all posed for a group club picture on a slope .  As we took pics (35 mm film days) an ankle biter plowed through our group on the slope ending up near Dave down hill in a settling cloud of powder.  Dave regained his footing as the ankle biter looked up and Dave exclaimed "Look what you did to my foot"....

The one legged skier had great attitude and sense of humor - which is an asset for amps, who wish to maintain an active lifestyle or just got on with life as an amputee.

German prosthetic manufacturer Ottbock along with making waterproof micro-processor Genium X3 knees for sailing, windsurfing, kite-boarding and other watersports - came out with a mechanical hydraulic assisted knee ProCarve  for snowboarding , skiing, water-skiing & wakeboarding about eight years ago. The benefits of this besides snowboarding and skiing with both legs, one isn't stressing a singular hip socket.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

One of my staff was in Hiroshima and took a pic of ground zero that looked like that.

Very disturbing.

In 1974 my USN ship was in Kure Japan for a few days and liberty was generous (3 section) so a buddy of mine and I decided to visit Hiroshima. We had to take the train  to get there and since civies were not allowed in those days, we were in undress whites. The train made many stops along the way as it was sort of a commuter train.  So just the two of us in the train station looking confused (because we were) about how to get to Hiroshima when all the signs were in Japanese. Finally a conductor who spoke okay english asked if he could help. We explained our destination and he nodded, marched us onto the train and announced in Japanese to the assembled passengers where we were headed and they should advise us when it was time to get off. Each stop we'd look around and the group would shake their heads no and motion for us to stay seated. Finally we pulled into a stop and were advised with gestures and nodding that we had arrived. We get off the train after profusely thanking our guides and now stood at a taxi stand with a similar language barrier. Finally my buddy made an explosion sound and gestured with his hands an explosion. The driver smiled, nodded and took us directly to the Peace Park and Museum at Ground Zero. All I can say is it was stunning. The stark dome, the "shadows" of people vaporized by the blast, the museum. We finished the visit playing frisbee in the park and fountain with a bunch of kids much to their parents amusement. On the train ride back we were approached by a middle aged man who spoke pretty good English. Turned out he was a professor or teacher of some sort at a local university and wanted to try out his english. At the end of the ride back in Kure he got off as well and invited us to dinner in his home. We accepted and had a wonderful evening almost missing expiration of liberty hours back on board.

An experience I will never forget.

• Like 16

Hooray! Welcome back to the thread, and more importantly, to its inimitable author.

29 minutes ago, Point Break said:

In 1974 my USN ship was in Kure Japan for a few days and liberty was generous (3 section) so a buddy of mine and I decided to visit Hiroshima. We had to take the train  to get there and since cities were not allowed in those days, we were in undress whites. The train made many stops along the way as it was sort of a commuter train.  So just the two of us in the train station looking confused (because we were) about how to get to Hiroshima when all the signs were in Japanese. Finally a conductor who spoke okay english asked if he could help. We explained our destination and he nodded, marched us onto the train and announced in Japanese to the assembled passengers where we were headed and they should advise us when it was time to get off. Each stop we'd look around and the group would shake their heads no and motion for us to stay seated. Finally we pulled into a stop and were advised with gestures and nodding that we had arrived. We get off the train after profusely thanking our guides and now stood at a taxi stand with a similar manage barrier. Finally my buddy made an explosion sound and gestured with his hands an explosion. The driver smiled, nodded and took us directly to the Peace Park and Museum at Ground Zero. All I can say is it was stunning. The stark dome, the "shadows" of people vaporized by the blast, the museum. We finished the visit playing frisbee in the park and fountain with a bunch of kids much to their parents amusement. On the train ride back we were approached by a middle aged man who spoke pretty good English. Turned out he was a professor or teacher of some sort at a local university and waned to try out his english. At the end of the ride back in Jure he got off as well and invited us to dinner in his home. We accepted and had a wonderful evening almost missing expiration of liberty hours back on board.

An experience I will never forget.

Wow. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, olaf hart said:

Aurora Borealis over the Huon River, southern Tasmania last night

DF9DF34C-69AE-4844-B5B0-B2EB656E2940.jpeg

Things are seriously out of whack if you can see the northern lights in Tasmania.

41 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Things are seriously out of whack if you can see the northern lights in Tasmania.

Unlike Aurora Borealis, which is subject to extreme seasonal light changes, the Southern Lights or rather the Aurora Australis can be viewed all year round – although most commonly during winter, May to August, and during the spring equinox in September. By the same token the Aurora Borealis which requires getting as far north as possible to best see it - the Aurora Australis is visible from many places, but the best chance of seeing it, is to be as far south as possible – which means Tasmania.

Great pic Olaf - thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, boomer said:

the Aurora Australis is visible from many places, but the best chance of seeing it, is to be as far south as possible – which means Tasmania.

OK, so you may me look it up (dang this random pic thread and its endless rabbit holes!).  

Hobart, Tasmania is at about -42 deg latitude.   The northern California border and Boston are both at about +42 deg latitude.  

I have never seen northern lights (other than just a faint flow on the horizon) at less than about 50 deg latitude.  

14 hours ago, hobot said:

22-8-990x660.jpg

Sadly, we now know were looking at a vast toxic waste dump in this picture. 40+ years and thousands of tons of industrial waste, mostly DDT. Thousands of feet down.

3 hours ago, boomer said:

The one legged skier had great attitude and sense of humor - which is an asset for amps, who wish to maintain an active lifestyle or just got on with life as an amputee.

German prosthetic manufacturer Ottbock along with making waterproof micro-processor Genium X3 knees for sailing, windsurfing, kite-boarding and other watersports - came out with a mechanical hydraulic assisted knee ProCarve  for snowboarding , skiing, water-skiing & wakeboarding about eight years ago. The benefits of this besides snowboarding and skiing with both legs, one isn't stressing a singular hip socket.

Those things have come so far from wooden peg legs it's astounding.

Not long ago I saw a guy on Lonsdale who had two of them and if he hadn't been wearing shorts I'd never have known - his gait was completely normal.

I've seen old bikers with two "good" legs who didn't walk nearly as smoothly.