• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

In 1974 my USN ship was in Kure Japan for a few days and liberty was generous (3 section) so a buddy of mine and I decided to visit Hiroshima. We had to take the train  to get there and since civies w

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

We were upgraded  to a 5 Series twin turbo diesel in when in Germany a few years back....  it had what the guy at the rental car counter said 'vhat you amrikans call a schtik sift.." (channeling my inner Snaggs).

Car was a solid as a rock...  Few miles south of Munich I got a chance to open it up...  but backed off at 160 km/h... or should I say got my doors blown off by a very sleek Audi and decided to enjoy the scenery in the far right lane.

We drove that car all over Southern Germany from the French boarder to Salzburg and all points in between..  only had to fill that tank twice.

I think BMW keeps all the good ones for the domestic market and sends all the crap here... guess they figure we have dealt with GM, Ford, and Chrysler crap so long we won't even notice it.

Even BMW says, "the E39 BMW 5 Series is considered the best 5 Series ever made. It is the last mechanical-feeling 5 Series and, in our opinion, is the pinnacle of the model." Is the E39 5 Series the best car ever made? - BMW Blog

Compared to the top three luxury sedan manufacturers BMW does what it must to keep abreast of the other two. I drove BMW 5 Series, all model years from the E39 to the F10, all over most of Europe for a year after I retired about 10 years ago. The handling, build, quality and design of each generation was identical to there North American counterparts. Owned both: e39 and e60 driving comparison.

For any 5 Series E39 to the G30 - 160 km/h or 99.4 mph is hardly noticeable speed or handling. Returned to Germany four years ago and borrowed a 2002 E39 530i, from a friend who I met on bimmerforums, who has three E39s, whom beforehand took me for a ride on the autobahn, where he took it up over the speedos 240 km/h or 153 mph confirmed by my GPS. In the US one out of 19 BMW 5 Series E39s is a stick shift, I believe there are even less stick shifts in the later generations.

greg_shaping.jpg

Greg Noll still doing it old school, pre OSHA apparantly.

6 hours ago, Poodle56 said:

This weeks history is on the founding of Rome. It has some uncanny similarities with the founding of modern Australia

46FC505A-4133-44FC-AE4C-C21FF98C60F5.jpeg

CF298B9C-C943-4FC6-90A0-A95DB6436759.jpeg

Not to mention the attempted founding of Trumpia.

Republicans and Right-Wing Media Fueled Wednesday's Insurrection. Now  They're Fueling the Next One.

7 hours ago, Willin' said:

greg_shaping.jpg

With Rabbit Kekai watching over him.

Carrera01.jpg

Harlem-Hellfighters2-1200x640.jpg

Kobe-Earthquake.jpg

8 hours ago, boomer said:

Even BMW says, "the E39 BMW 5 Series is considered the best 5 Series ever made. It is the last mechanical-feeling 5 Series and, in our opinion, is the pinnacle of the model." Is the E39 5 Series the best car ever made? - BMW Blog

Compared to the top three luxury sedan manufacturers BMW does what it must to keep abreast of the other two. I drove BMW 5 Series, all model years from the E39 to the F10, all over most of Europe for a year after I retired about 10 years ago. The handling, build, quality and design of each generation was identical to there North American counterparts. Owned both: e39 and e60 driving comparison.

For any 5 Series E39 to the G30 - 160 km/h or 99.4 mph is hardly noticeable speed or handling. Returned to Germany four years ago and borrowed a 2002 E39 530i, from a friend who I met on bimmerforums, who has three E39s, whom beforehand took me for a ride on the autobahn, where he took it up over the speedos 240 km/h or 153 mph confirmed by my GPS. In the US one out of 19 BMW 5 Series E39s is a stick shift, I believe there are even less stick shifts in the later generations.

I would have gone toe to toe with Dieter in his Audi, but, I was doing 100 MPH and he flew right by me... and then there was the wife and the kid in the car.   I think they wanted to oooh an ahhhhh at the Alps.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Willin' said:

greg_shaping.jpg

2 hours ago, hobot said:

With Rabbit Kekai watching over him.

97CC3683-41D4-4D1C-A347-DFA289A0C981.jpeg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hobot said:

bbacd850385c47256b2bda89ed20b6cd.png

F O R D

Found On Roadside Dead....

Fix Or Repair Daily???

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

F O R D

Found On Roadside Dead....

Fix Or Repair Daily???

First On Race Day!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, hobot said:

07d0b53b0b9269bac2306361709cd6ff--station-wagon-citroen-ds.jpg

Citroën DS "station wagon"... or "break" as we say in French!!!

They used to be used as ambulances if painted white.... or hearses if painted black...

On 6/10/2021 at 5:09 AM, Willin' said:

greg_shaping.jpg

c'mon....I wear my OSHA approved safety sandals most of the summer, and safety squints are always an appropriate solution, right?!?

S. E. Asian version of the roach coach?

FB_IMG_1622489058217.jpg

PFA! Pretty fucking amazing!