• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1623913268467.jpg

Holly sheet! Now that brings back some vague memories from my childhood, not too far from where I grew up! 

kellys bush.JPG

3 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1623913268467.jpg

Hobot, I dont reckon you could get any closer to home for me than this, The Kelly's Bush green ban, 1971 - one of the knock on effects was a new sailing club for us, to prevent developers building apartments on parkland.

Poodle - we prolly know each other !

1 hour ago, Merrill Levi said:

Hobot, I dont reckon you could get any closer to home for me than this, The Kelly's Bush

I swear, I'm not a stalker!

:ph34r:    :lol:

• Like 1
On 6/7/2021 at 11:47 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Didde you evare reade the booke abote that painteng?  Verrey sad, kinda depresseng..................

Hey Snags, yeh I've read a short version - its not a happy story  :(

On 6/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, billy backstay said:

When I picked up the 430i, there was a big poster of a 2002, which was my first BMW, but that was before most of the Dealership staff were even born!! :lol:

Classic & Sports Car – Pride of Bavaria: driving the BMW 7 Series

'79

12 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Issente tat the origginalle?

Google said it was the remake, not original, and frankly I don't remember that being on the original one.

20 hours ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Flashback!

As much as I'd like to, I'll never scrub the memory of staring into those red boxes while being berated by the DIs.

The first shower in the shower room, 50 or 60 overhead nozzles and the water never got warm:lol:

1 hour ago, warbird said:

The first shower in the shower room, 50 or 60 overhead nozzles and the water never got warm:lol:

IIRC, it was (or felt) more like 20 nozzles and 60 recruits with about two minutes to get showered in icewater.

22 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

IIRC, it was (or felt) more like 20 nozzles and 60 recruits with about two minutes to get showered in icewater.

If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger!! :lol:

• Like 1
On 6/19/2021 at 12:54 AM, billy backstay said:

Google said it was the remake, not original, and frankly I don't remember that being on the original one.

that pic was  the original movie ... BMC leyland mini's , look closely and wifts of lucas smoke are evident.... something the BMW minis just couldnt get right in the copy

16 minutes ago, 167149 said:

that pic was  the original movie ... BMC leyland mini's , look closely and wifts of lucas smoke are evident.... something the BMW minis just couldnt get right in the copy

Right you are!!  It's been so long, I didn't recall the remake was with new BMW Minis, known as "Bini's" by by Classic afficianados.....  Some of my old mates from past Mini Meets owned both, and had bumper stickers made with images of both cars, and the phrase, " I am Bi-minial!......

On 6/18/2021 at 4:09 AM, Black Sox said:

Oh come on! I’m sure those helicopters are powerful but there’s no way it’ll lift THAT.

No, no... other way around. This is a photo documenting the first stage of an experiment in underwater helicopters.

- DSK

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, no... other way around. This is a photo documenting the first stage of an experiment in underwater helicopters.

- DSK

Just a change of watch basket transfer, boarding on and off the Submarine......