• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

No photo description available.

Awesome prototype, but it'll get buried by the Big 3! No way is Detroit going to allow an engine with an easily accessible, self draining oil filter to go into production.

• Like 5

I dunno… Oil filter on my Subie is mounted like that on the top front driver’s side.  Belt changes take 5 minutes too, unlike the wife’s Mazda, where one has to take the front passenger side wheel off, then remove the fender liner, then acquire a double jointed small person to get at the tensioner… grumble, grunt.

Here’s a random pic:32A85B07-C841-4493-9D8E-FA2DEDE34220.thumb.jpeg.3f981456161866aac5355bbaaa8d9ae0.jpeg

This is the RPT

Random

Pic

Thread

Primarily the domain of one Monsieur Hobot

Occasionally others

Kindly keep your Syphilis riddin,venom drippin' PA BS outta here. As well as the random perverse attempts to desicrate this hallowed ground with anything other than the respect it deserves.

Less ye suffer the Karma of the RPT and spend the rest of your miserable days drifting about the race course in futility!

WL

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Willin' said:

Awesome prototype, but it'll get buried by the Big 3! No way is Detroit going to allow an engine with an easily accessible, self draining oil filter to go into production.

My Subaru has that exact configuration for it's oil filter. 

8 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1630477220483.jpg

the pair ... 

image.jpeg.79185c5c5a08d629d6b7a21b9035c7ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, LeKa said:

Summit 2019 artwork.JPG

I have never understood this Jackson Pollock like 'art'.  

I once met an artist who apparently was quite famous for this kind of art.  He was working on a painting and I politely asked him how to interpret this work, and what my emotional response should be to it.  He told me to stop being cerebral.  I decided he was just a pretentious scribbler.  

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Some hisse earley worke offeres cliewes, initialley usseng nowen objects and symbolles to ellicitte emotionalle responce.  The she wolfe tapps into mankindes primordialle feare of wolfes.

pj3454_20210621230956639.jpg

JP latere mooves to creatte niew 'objets d'admiration' by mnipulatteng colore, depthe, scalle, and moovement.  The paintteng seases to be a worke of fixte dimensiones butte a viewe into somthing that challanges perceptiones and definitione.  A viewe thet mite invoke fear, and awe, an emotionalle responce.  Muche licke a wolfe on edge  of campe may of done to earley man.   Butte I mabey rongue..........         :) 

9 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1630552247200.jpg

Speaking of Random Pics. I was involved in the office building project that was built on the site of Bob Peck Chevrolet. The old showroom sat for years before the site was redeveloped. The developer and Architect wanted to show some respect to the history of the site so they brought over a bit of the old design into the new building. Pretty cool if you ask me. 

800NGlebe.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Some hisse earley worke offeres cliewes, initialley usseng nowen objects and symbolles to ellicitte emotionalle responce.  The she wolfe tapps into mankindes primordialle feare of wolfes.

pj3454_20210621230956639.jpg

JP latere mooves to creatte niew 'objets d'admiration' by mnipulatteng colore, depthe, scalle, and moovement.  The paintteng seases to be a worke of fixte dimensiones butte a viewe into somthing that challanges perceptiones and definitione.  A viewe thet mite invoke fear, and awe, an emotionalle responce.  Muche licke a wolfe on edge  of campe may of done to earley man.   Butte I mabey rongue..........         :) 

That fine arts degree is paying off hu snags??  LOL

On 8/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, hobot said:

35 years ago today...

FB_IMG_1630450865968.jpg

FB_IMG_1630450875849.jpg

FB_IMG_1630450843827.jpg

I remember seeing the column of smoke from the crash... ~10 miles away.  

AeroMexico DC-9 and a Piper and a lot of people on the ground.   35 years ago, mein gott.   

Read the FAA accident report years later at Douglas. The Piper pilot and ATC both screwed the pooch. No one in the air or on the ground had the slightest chance.     

21 hours ago, Willin' said:

The Crawling Eye! Truly cringeworthy sci fi flick starring Forrest Tucker.

the-crawling-eye-the-trollenberg-terror.gif

F-Troop.. truly silly sitcom starring Forrest Tucker

image.jpeg.3261636aae12b8fedf0662c71e1962c0.jpeg

Posted simply because his name reminded me of this show 

4 hours ago, Bugsy said:

I once met an artist who apparently was quite famous for this kind of art.  He was working on a painting and I politely asked him how to interpret this work, and what my emotional response should be to it.  He told me to stop being cerebral.  I decided he was just a pretentious scribbler.  

You just don't get it.

Art is emotional, not intellectual.

Stop trying to "understand" it and just let it wash over you.

Then think about how it made you feel.

• Like 2

There is almost no point in looking at a Pollock on screen or even in a good print.  They look flat and arbitrary and dull.  The real paintings are amazing in their depth, rhythm and vibrancy.  Seek them out before you judge the art.

Don't look like much, do they?

one-number-31.jpg.f9fe47b70979a316a9e0a5b264af3818.jpgshimmering-substance-1946.jpg.15624c89374d72a7b79bb660fbf5febd.jpg

Are Mondrian's easier to grasp?

th-1.jpeg.20ac2f20640e7682af4feae29934b15f.jpeg

th.jpeg.798ff6fc016a92f532c72ceb25809b5e.jpeg

2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Are Mondrian's easier to grasp?

th-1.jpeg.20ac2f20640e7682af4feae29934b15f.jpeg

th.jpeg.798ff6fc016a92f532c72ceb25809b5e.jpeg

My Mom was a very good amateur artist - she studied under some quite famous people - Sam Black was one for the people who know. Also Jack Shadbolt. She was friends with Toni Onley since he was a young man.

She tried doing a Mondrian hard edge and was completely unsuccessful - she said it was the most impossible and frustrating thing she ever tried.

They look so simple and rigid that people think a child could do it with a ruler but in actuality they are incredibly subtle - the proportions and balance of space and colour are something that has to be tried to grasp how unique and skilled he was.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

My Mom was a very good amateur artist - she studied under some quite famous people - Sam Black was one for the people who know. Also Jack Shadbolt. She was friends with Toni Onley since he was a young man.

She tried doing a Mondrian hard edge and was completely unsuccessful - she said it was the most impossible and frustrating thing she ever tried.

They look so simple and rigid that people think a child could do it with a ruler but in actuality they are incredibly subtle - the proportions and balance of space and colour are something that has to be tried to grasp how unique and skilled he was.

Nothing "simple" is truly easy.  All the famous abstract expressionists actually had unique talents - except for Adolf Gottlieb.  His stuff sucks.  I once heard a guard in the Met in NY tell another guard that he was asking for a transfer because he couldn't stand to be in the same room as a Gottlieb painting.

th-4.jpeg

th-3.jpeg

th-2.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

th.jpeg

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Nothing "simple" is truly easy.  All the famous abstract expressionists actually had unique talents - except for Adolf Gottlieb.  His stuff sucks.  I once heard a guard in the Met in NY tell another guard that he was asking for a transfer because he couldn't stand to be in the same room as a Gottlieb painting.

th-4.jpeg

th-3.jpeg

th-2.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

th.jpeg

If that's Gottlieb's work, I agree with the guard....

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Hah!  I've been bamboozled once again by Google image search.  I should have known!!!  

I grant you the map is very nicely done, but you'll have to admit it's a bit obvious for his abstract style

Screenshot 2021-09-03 000644.jpg

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You just don't get it.

Art is emotional, not intellectual.

Stop trying to "understand" it and just let it wash over you.

Then think about how it made you feel.

Read the first couple paragraphs of this as Bill Gross scorches your "emotional" art yesterday.

Bill is no slouch though he no longer in his prime.

Started Fidelity, has serious coin and is well connected...

When his daughter got married, he had a USCG cutter (not some lowly 44 footer, but  a BIG ASS cutter) 100yards off his back yard in Marblehead for 4 DAYs before the event to run protection due to the A-List attending. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bill-gross-mocks-wokeness-lashes-out-bonds-investment-garbage

I can understand Andy Worhol, but this stuff looks like a painter's pickup truck hit a speed bump on 287 going into White Plains NY off the Cuomo bridge..

Pretty sad when one has to pay such a premium for anyone to care about their opinion..

I believe the term is Mental Masturbation, as they are their stroking themselves.

Same fuckwits who call themselves foodies and who I really give a shit less about their opinion on a ham sandwich with a $150 name...

YMMV

3 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

Read the first couple paragraphs of this as Bill Gross scorches your "emotional" art yesterday.

Bill is no slouch though he no longer in his prime.

Started Fidelity, has serious coin and is well connected...

When his daughter got married, he had a USCG cutter (not some lowly 44 footer, but  a BIG ASS cutter) 100yards off his back yard in Marblehead for 4 DAYs before the event to run protection due to the A-List attending. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bill-gross-mocks-wokeness-lashes-out-bonds-investment-garbage

I can understand Andy Worhol, but this stuff looks like a painter's pickup truck hit a speed bump on 287 going into White Plains NY off the Cuomo bridge..

Pretty sad when one has to pay such a premium for anyone to care about their opinion..

I believe the term is Mental Masturbation, as they are their stroking themselves.

Same fuckwits who call themselves foodies and who I really give a shit less about their opinion on a ham sandwich with a $150 name...

YMMV

I'm sure that invisible sculpture made the buyer feel like a fool and a sucker after he thought about it.