• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, valis said:

Looks like Vasquez Rocks, in southern California.  Location for more than a few films and TV shows (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_productions_using_the_Vasquez_Rocks_as_a_filming_location).  When I was in the cub scouts (or boy scouts?) we would go camping there.

I was pretty sure that's Hidden Valley out in Joshua Tree, but I could very easily be wrong. My Gf back in the day had a 5 acre homestead in JT and a 62 Jeep Wagoneer. We spent a lot of lost weekends out there.

ETA... never mind, wrong location...

24be192e5ebba39407865084dab41333.jpg

5 hours ago, hobot said:
5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

They may of filmed some seenes in 'Cars' theire............                     :)

Captain Kirk battled the Gorn there!

I seem to recall Little Joe having a shootout there (or something) in Bonanza.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, 167149 said:

seem to recall hearing these were used in the colinsville coal mine in queensland, do remember (vaguely) tearing about in one on magnetic island too

Yes a lot of the old original Mini's and their variants went down under.  I imported one fairly rare 998 Mini Cooper back from Oz 20 years ago, and two from the UK at the same time.  

53 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Yes a lot of the old original Mini's and their variants went down under.  I imported one fairly rare 998 Mini Cooper back from Oz 20 years ago, and two from the UK at the same time.  

down under is pretty exact, they were about a mile below ground level I was told

On 9/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, SloopJonB said:

Talk about an "Oh Shit" moment. 

Been there, but mine had a banana seat and the dirt berm is a couple of cinder blocks and a 2x6...  Ended the same way I suppose...  LOL

9 hours ago, TANGO QUEBEC said:

New York? Looks like the Subway scene setting from Ghostbusters 2.FB_IMG_1629347201901.jpg

Guastavino tile vaults are absolutely gorgeous and structurally ingenious.  Built without formwork.

51 minutes ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1631117370322.jpg

this place? 

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/Dune_Mov...

23 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Correct. Great story, I hadn't heard that one. We just had a great weekend away in Adelaide, so plenty of SA jokes. Don was one of those great pollies from the 70's that helped transformed Australia from plain white bread to the vibrant modern country it is today.

Oh and that car - that photo is pretty much exactly my first car! :lol:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Herr Friedrichs?

1 hour ago, Ukuri said:

FB_IMG_1631153264653.jpg

Roger De Costa?

There are some legendary riders from the past.  Hobot has excelled in bringing them to life in pictures.  Thanks Hobot.

• Like 1