• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, dyslexic dog said:

They might want to think about moving if the next hurricane takes aim as a class 5

Maybe they just want to collect on the insurance. 

1 hour ago, Ventucky Red said:

Shoreline Park?

46 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Dunno but it's a nice fleet of Harbor 20s, working the lift around that point.

- DSK

Bedwetters!  Damn dyslexia, Ledbetters!  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Frank White said:

image.thumb.png.92f760ec2bb3406558b2f1c9f5c867a2.png

Mind if park my Sub in front of your YC?

Pretty sure that is the club in New London, CT, across the river from general Dynamics, Electric Boat where they are built in Groton.

31 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Pretty sure that is the club in New London, CT, across the river from general Dynamics, Electric Boat where they are built in Groton.

Nope, Long Beach Yacht Club, California!  You can see the burgee placard on the upper left, and the Naples Sabots on the dock, and the Catalina Adventure Tours sign on the sub.  It was probably heading to the boatyard across the channel.

Just now, silent bob said:

Nope, Long Beach Yacht Club, California!  You can see the burgee placard on the upper left, and the Naples Sabots on the dock!   

Well, it's the spitting image of the Thames YC, next to the the Lighthouse at the mouth of the Thames River in New London.

9 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Nope, Long Beach Yacht Club, California!  You can see the burgee placard on the upper left, and the Naples Sabots on the dock, and the Catalina Adventure Tours sign on the sub.  It was probably heading to the boatyard across the channel.

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Well, it's the spitting image of the Thames YC, next to the the Lighthouse at the mouth of the Thames River in New London.

A30DFED6-A2F1-4735-BC45-967778E3088D.jpeg

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:
17 hours ago, Frank White said:

image.thumb.png.92f760ec2bb3406558b2f1c9f5c867a2.png

Mind if park my Sub in front of your YC?

Expand  

see the palme treese........

• Like 1
4 hours ago, billy backstay said:
4 hours ago, silent bob said:

Nope, Long Beach Yacht Club, California!  You can see the burgee placard on the upper left, and the Naples Sabots on the dock!   

Looks a lot like Eastport Md. to my bleary eye, but Mr Silent is correct. Besides, any east coast YC would have Optis in a stack, and those ain't Optis.

- DSK

On 9/25/2021 at 2:32 AM, Pertsa said:

Wrong guess, phone of my childhood was this one. And I am under 30

9932672_fullsize.jpg

These are great cameras, I have some with same lens mount. Two of them with motor drives because they are not heavy enough without.

film88_b.jpg

film100_b.jpg

Canon_new_f1_r.jpg

Have the equivalent, only Nikon.  Got a New DSLR about 10 yrs ago, big leans etc..  Good stuff.   

23 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Palm trees in CT....  LOL. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Have the equivalent, only Nikon.  Got a New DSLR about 10 yrs ago, big leans etc..  Good stuff.   

I just bought used Sony full frame mirrorless digital camera. I can fit all my Canon FD lenses to it and they work great. Of  course with modern high resolution sensor you can see softness of old lenses, but it is great for portraits. Who wants to see pores of their skin anyway.