• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Grizz said:

Umm- I believe she was born in 1933. I’m guessing you meant 89!

Right you are, I saw 1952 somewhere when I googled to find that pic;  88yo, and still with us, thank Ralph!

Missus BB refers to Mother Natures husband Ralph, as her version of God.....

On 10/14/2021 at 7:47 PM, bstrdsonofbtl said:

EdNamesTom.WSallyKBW0R95-copy.jpg

......a major story about Tom which proves he is a union buster. Tom Hanks was co-producer of the TV series “Band of Brothers” shot in the UK. Tom, in consultation with the then UK Prime Minister, Tony Blair, managed to get an agreement whereby principal actors on the series would not get any residuals – yes nothing at all. In return for Tony Blair’s help, as newspapers reported at the time, his nephew was given a role on the set of “Band of Brothers”. Denying principal actor residuals is union busting pure and simple.

Paul Edney SAG-AFTRA

4 hours ago, bstrdsonofbtl said:

I did enjoy watching that Series 'Band of Brothers'. Several times. It can be used as a modern lesson in teamwork. Am I still allowed to say teamwork?

16 hours ago, Poodle56 said:

So………. On a boat. We have mirror in the forpeak. And a shiny SS mast stump pole.

Best opening day ever in 125 yeasts!!!! 

2092942C-1268-475A-A97B-3E94B4B270AD.jpeg

Do you have a recurring yeast infection? There are medicines.

1 hour ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1634601275373.jpg

"I'm Just a Bill"

I loved Schoolhouse Rock (The original ones, from the '70's".

"Conjunction Junction" was probably my favorite, with "I'm just a Bill" and some others like "Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here", "Interjections", "Figure Eight", and "The Preamble"not too far behind.

Some of the others were just ok, but most were at least fun.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bacchus66 said:

"I'm Just a Bill"

I loved Schoolhouse Rock (The original ones, from the '70's".

"Conjunction Junction" was probably my favorite, with "I'm just a Bill" and some others like "Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here", "Interjections", "Figure Eight", and "The Preamble"not too far behind.

Some of the others were just ok, but most were at least fun.

It's  a tad different nowadays 

download.png

• Like 1

Hobot

Good to see you back.  Obviously the hip replacement surgery hasn't slowed you up.  Good for us.  As a fellow 'hippy' my one tip is to make sure you do all the rehab.  It will be better than ever.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1634554415714.jpg

awaiting transplant???? 

image.jpeg.c42ce243adecab47bf266b656b3e2a26.jpeg

17 hours ago, nimbus said:

Hobot

Good to see you back.  Obviously the hip replacement surgery hasn't slowed you up.  Good for us.  As a fellow 'hippy' my one tip is to make sure you do all the rehab.  It will be better than ever.

At the risk of repetition, I remember when a new hip joint was a nightclub.

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

At the risk of repetition, I remember when a new hip joint was a nightclub.

I got 2...  It aint no picnic...   

• Like 1

May be an image of text that says 'ROYAL AIRFORCE Teeny Weeny Machiney Itsy Bitsy Anti-Sub Sub Light-Grey Aou'

image.png.232600e6eea408b3df6be2453a5ed82e.png

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Lorre

In the coffin

With a candelabra . . .

What do I win ????

A called in Drone strike on the car/boat combo of your choice tooling around San Diego Bay?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1634745276230.jpg

Zoomed in on that to see it appears to be dated 1982. Maybe a higher capacity variant of the HP 7135 that had 404 MB for $27K, since it appears to be marked 4017 and either 604 or 804.

Regardless, it's amazing to think that we went from around $70K per gigabyte (and closer to $500k per gig not long before that), to about $0.015 cents per gigabyte these days.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Bacchus66 said:

Zoomed in on that to see it appears to be dated 1982. Maybe a higher capacity variant of the HP 7135 that had 404 MB for $27K, since it appears to be marked 4017 and either 604 or 804.

Regardless, it's amazing to think that we went from around $70K per gigabyte (and closer to $500k per gig not long before that), to about $0.015 cents per gigabyte these days.

1982 ish.   These were ~15" in diameter, had that type of hard disk and enough memory to type  a good "Dear John" letter... See the source image

9 hours ago, hobot said:

20190425-134701-Bfeature 5.jpg

“Wow ya know what they would say on SA?”

”Hey we can get her some implants, like that sub got”

9 hours ago, hobot said:

0.jpg

2 hours ago, NaptimeAgain said:

Recon plane shadow lower right?  Ooops, beat me to it.  If this is Cuba I don't think the F-111 was in service yet.

Top left, November 1962, F111 first flight Dec 1964

24 minutes ago, dolphinmaster said:

It would be one helluva low flight for a US plane over Cuba to leave a shadow, wouldn't it?

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, burndoc said:
53 minutes ago, dolphinmaster said:

It would be one helluva low flight for a US plane over Cuba to leave a shadow, wouldn't it?

Fightere Pilottes licke to be Hot Dogges..........                            :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NaptimeAgain said:

Recon plane shadow lower right?  Ooops, beat me to it.  If this is Cuba I don't think the F-111 was in service yet.

That's the McDonnell RF-101A Voodoo, World's first (worst?) supersonic photo recon bird.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_F-101_Voodoo

"USAF RF-101As from the 363d Tactical Reconnaissance Wing at Shaw AFB, SC flew reconnaissance sorties over Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962."  Wikipedia. 

• Like 1