Random PicThread

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Go Left said:

A Bob Seger tune comes to mind.

I was a little too tall

Could've used a few pounds

Tight pants points hardly reknown

She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes

And points all her own sitting way up high Way up firm and high

• Like 1

Yay, successful left hip replacement today. I'm nice and gumbo right now waiting on some meds and dinner to land in front of me, haven't eaten since yesterday. I'm hoping they were able to get both legs to be the same length

• Like 14

Yay, successful left hip replacement today. I'm nice and gumbo right now waiting on some meds and dinner to land in front of me, haven't eaten since yesterday. I'm hoping they were able to get both legs to be the same length

Dilaudid is now my best friend.

• Like 13
5 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I was a little too tall

Best euphemism for teenage sex ever:    "Working on mysteries without any clues." Apologies for the digression.

41 minutes ago, hobot said:

Good job! Get off that dilaudid quickly though. Take that for a few days and you won’t shit for a week! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hobot said:

1 hour ago, hobot said:

Apparently. :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Good job! Get off that dilaudid quickly though. Take that for a few days and you won’t shit for a week! 

Yeah, second that. I had both knees replaced. Narcotics for 36-48 hours post op and then Ibuprofen/tylenol for pain. 

The quicker you can kick the pain meds, the faster you heal. IMHO

WL

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I was a little too tall

It's "Tight pants and points, hollerin' out"

The reference is to a teenage boy's occasionally inadvertent, inappropriate, and embarrassing boner, which Bob then contrasts with the way up firm and high points all her own of the black haired beauty with big dark eyes.  That part needs no explanation at all.

Brilliant lyrics in one of the greatest coming of age songs ever written. 

I used her, she used me, but neither one cared.  We were gettin' our share.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, hobot said:

Been there, done that...  Good on you.  The doc talking about lifetime shoe lifts and a permanent limp got me in there asap as soon as I healed up after the fall.  3rd surgery got things straight and I am basically 100% (Was 80-90) now.  Hang in there and enjoy the meds...  LOL. It gets better... 

17 hours ago, hobot said:

Hope revovery goes well and fast.

There is a scene in Drugstore Cowboy (one of my favourite movies of all time AND set in your neighbourhood!) when Bobby goes straight and offers up the remenants of his stash to his old, priest, junkie friend (william s burroughs).  The burroughs character sifts through vails of prescription dope on the bed, picks one up and says something like "mmm, dilaudid...this is the good stuff".

19 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Be careful with that shit.

Be careful that you shit with that.

(A friend of mine who was taking that stuff had to go to the hospital, because he couldn't "go".)

4 hours ago, valis said:

Be careful that you shit with that.

(A friend of mine who was taking that stuff had to go to the hospital, because he couldn't "go".)

up yer fibre and water in take.

someone told me once that crushing a tab of diluadid in a reefer will "blow your mind, man", not that i would know from personal experience or anything....

6 minutes ago, chester said:

up yer fibre and water in take.

someone told me once that crushing a tab of diluadid in a reefer will "blow your mind, man", not that i would know from personal experience or anything....

Under what exact circumstance would you want your mind blown?

On 12/7/2021 at 9:09 AM, Point Break said:

The history of slavery goes back to the earliest civilizations and was global in nature. Fir instance, this picture is Australian around 1900 and those in chains are native Aboriginal people. Many tribal cultures around the world, Native American included, had a practice of enslaving defeated tribes - mostly the woman and children because the men and boys were killed in battle or executed.

Thanks to Grizz for pointing out above the actual subject matter of the photo.  In no way does the photo depict slavery - chaining captured alleged criminals was pretty common as they would have to be transported (probably on foot) long distances to the nearest police station or courthouse.  Rounding up all the men of a tribe might have happened if the tribe was suspected of killing a white person - probably in retaliation for the white person poisoning waterholes, in retaliation for the aborigines killing the white person's stock - you get the idea.

PB's point about one tribe enslaving defeated tribes did - sort of - occur among Australian Aborigines.  Neighbouring tribes were often considered "Myalls" (bad buggers) and one tribe would raid the Myall tribe, usually stealing some of their women and forcing them to become part of the raiding tribe.  However, this AFAIK never reached the situation of one tribe conquering and enslaving another tribe entirely.  It was a useful way of preventing inbreeding though, and was regularly practised.  The captured females became part of the capturing tribe through "marriage" rather than force - although sometimes the Myalls would mount a raid and steal them back!  None of the tribes possessed the ability to conquer their neighbours.  Stewardship of land would migrate from one tribe to another through sickness wiping out one tribe, or gradually through intermarriage relationships, not through conquest.

This is a very simplified version, others are free to expand or correct.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:43 AM, Kitchen Remodel said:

It's "Tight pants and points, hollerin' out"

The reference is to a teenage boy's occasionally inadvertent, inappropriate, and embarrassing boner, which Bob then contrasts with the way up firm and high points all her own of the black haired beauty with big dark eyes.  That part needs no explanation at all.

Brilliant lyrics in one of the greatest coming of age songs ever written. 

I used her, she used me, but neither one cared.  We were gettin' our share.

Googles says you got the lyric wrong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=night+moves+lyrics+bob+seger&oq=night+moves+l&aqs=chrome.2.0i433i512j69i57j0i512l8.5844j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

As if Google search wasn't marginal enough, WTF is this Google Lens shit?

Won't it even fucking TRY to tell us what the pic is?

You're not going to like this, but.

open a new browser window on Google.com.   Then goto Image page.

Then come back here, and put your mouse over the image, and press your right mouse button.  DRAG and DROP the image onto the new browser window on the image search bar.  

Fucking blows.....

If there is a better way, someone please enlighten me.

OOoooooo...  I found a solution:

To go back to the "Search Google for this image" function:

In chrome browser, go to chrome://flags
Search for 'lens'
Change drop-down to 'Disabled'
Restart browser

image.png.25070061d8489f886e13bcf9c205e493.png

• Like 2