Random PicThread

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

We have bald eagles nesting in our Douglas Fir trees on the beach.  Ospreys are better at fishing and often catch Sea-run Cutthroat Trout, but then the Bald Eagles will dive on them to force them to drop their catch and then retrieve it.  The Ospreys have learned to pick up beach debris and fly to the end of the bay, drawing the Bald Eagles with them. . . the remaining Ospreys can then fish without threat.  They get shit!

• Like 3
On 12/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, valis said:
On 12/16/2021 at 4:03 AM, hobot said:

Original Klein Bottle?  

That's the casing for either a centrifugal pump or a water turbine (such as generate electricity in a big dam). Doesn't quite look right for a pump volute but I have no personal experience with ones -that- big.

22 hours ago, Snore said:

^^^^. For us Neanderthals who have no idea what the hell that is

The Klein bottle (/ˈkln/) is an example of a non-orientable surface; it is a two-dimensionalmanifold against which a system for determining a normal vector cannot be consistently defined. Informally, it is a one-sided surface which, if traveled upon, could be followed back to the point of origin while flipping the traveler upside down. Other related non-orientable objects include the Möbius strip and the real projective plane. While a Möbius strip is a surface with boundary, a Klein bottle has no boundary. For comparison, a sphere is an orientable surface with no boundary.

The Klein bottle was first described in 1882 by the German mathematician Felix Klein.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Klein_bottle.svg

Like a Moebius strip only in the handy container size.

- DSK

23 hours ago, hobot said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Bruno Ganz, from the 1987 Wim Wenders film "Wings of Desire".  I really liked that film, but the  sequel was pretty bad.  I think there was a remake (yes, City of Angels, made in the USA.  Haven't seen that one.)

• Like 1

Hobot - I noticed a trend: I think you have a belt (-fed) fetish...

Hope your PT is going well as well.  This one is for you (if I were closer to our storage unit, I'd start scanning my own 35-mm into digital for ya)

auto.jpg

^^^ Hehe, you know a 16-inch naval gun is an area-effect weapon. 

My cache is west, over the new bridge and around the corner.

Under a couple of crossed palms, it is!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Willin' said:

I rode this ride on my 19th birthday in 1970.

LagoonMermaids1.jpg

Little did I suspect that exactly one year later I'd be crew on this...

1460026277553.jpg

So which one was better ride?

47 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

a loveley W....           :)

Think older movie with an incredible cast, funnier than shit

I niew within secants wiche moovie wase refferenste........... escappeng froe the hardware stoire wase histericalle.

Mrs.Crump wase the secrette hottie.............

tumblr_inline_pk2uu7V2Li1sf8c0x_400.gifv

:)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I niew within secants wiche moovie wase refferenste........... escappeng froe the hardware stoire wase histericalle.

Mrs.Crump wase the secrette hottie.............

tumblr_inline_pk2uu7V2Li1sf8c0x_400.gifv

:)

Dick Shawn stole the show as Sylvester.  Saw it by accident yesterday.  

2 hours ago, P_Wop said:

Damn, I left my specs in the car.

Should you find your astral projection from Fiddler's Green chasing the Queen's Deer on the hunt; 

Then yes!

8 hours ago, Orion Jim said:

Castle Lego?

B7513BDF-223F-4CFE-9F32-E94F16845484.jpeg.5eb600bf37f1811495ef475ea676cd0b.jpeg

wiki says that King Alfred's Tower was built soley as a monument and an observation tower in 1770!  there is nothing in there but a spiral stair case to the top observation area.  kinda in the middle of nowhere.  cost about 14 million pounds in todays money.