FB_IMG_1640226351256.jpg

Loving the old radios... yeah the radios

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you for the greetings, things are still pretty wonky trying to do this so just bear with me and My energy level is low but I know this is good to bring my brain back online so I'll keep posting

Thanks Nimbus. The whole reset of the SA website where all the pages were wiped clean really had me at a low point. The last six months of it's life I had been just stomping on the gas pedal tryi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hobot said:

Good eye, That's what I was figuring too, looking north towards Main Beach.

9bb9fb8d97dfdc73f0ff6b42db88c6ed_mob.jpg

b5da67e7721fc03e975d8479ccd83c50_mob.jpg

a7063aef2785dd2088d21b70c315a139_mob.jpg

Well…..I did not downvote this……but it showed up while I was trying to upvote or whatever that’s called and won’t let me change or delete it. Odd…..anyway…..sorry, no downvote intended.

edit……so I went back and tried once more and fixed it. Odd…..anyway…yes, main beach right around the bend to the left. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Well…..I did not downvote this……but it showed up while I was trying to upvote or whatever that’s called and won’t let me change or delete it. Odd…..anyway…..sorry, no downvote intended.

edit……so I went back and tried once more and fixed it. Odd…..anyway…yes, main beach right around the bend to the left. 

You been talking to Billy Backstay? That shit's contagious....

• Like 2

Big Corona, prolly late 60s judging by the boards. Odd they were even surfing that slop. It was primarily a mat surfing spot until the big souths came up.

FB_IMG_1640207423064.jpg

My GF and I lived just out of sight to the left up Goldenrod, the street with the row of tall  palms, right by the people bridge.

It's out of control expensive and crowded now, which is how I felt about it when we lived there in the late 70s too. Except for Maine, I always arrive 40 years too late.

10 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1640652280193.jpg

obviously John Lennon, guitar (center)... Keith Richards, bass (Bass? Really?)... a young pre-heroin Eric Clapton on the left, and I can't tell the drummer... John Bonham? Keith Moon? the funny thing is, they don't really look much like each other but this pic looks like it could be either one.

Wonder what song they're playing

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

obviously John Lennon, guitar (center)... Keith Richards, bass (Bass? Really?)... a young pre-heroin Eric Clapton on the left, and I can't tell the drummer... John Bonham? Keith Moon? the funny thing is, they don't really look much like each other but this pic looks like it could be either one.

- DSK

The Dirty Mac, from the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.  The Dirty Mac, a "supergroup" before the term was coined comprised of Eric Clapton (lead Guitar), Keith Richards (bass), Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience (drums) and John Lennon on guitar and vocals.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1640746525035.jpg

Just look at the amount of good timber forms & falsework floating in the water. I would suppose that someone had a big job removing all of these as the reservoir filled. You would not want one of those bad boys lodging in your turbine inlet.... :o

11 hours ago, captnjoe said:

The Dirty Mac, from the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.  The Dirty Mac, a "supergroup" before the term was coined comprised of Eric Clapton (lead Guitar), Keith Richards (bass), Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience (drums) and John Lennon on guitar and vocals.

Thanks

Shouldn't have convinced myself I should recognize the drummer.

- DSK

6 minutes ago, Poodle56 said:

Just look at the amount of good timber forms & falsework floating in the water. I would suppose that someone had a big job removing all of these as the reservoir filled. You would not want one of those bad boys lodging in your turbine inlet.... :o

Sure looks like the downstream side of the dam to me.

57 minutes ago, The great unwashed said:

Dams are usually curved into the “push” from the water coming downhill.

And the water intakes are nearly always on the reservoir side.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

OK, I reconized three, DH, CH, VA (inspiratione foire 'shode I go or shoude I staye')

:)

Debbie Harry of Blondie, Viv Albertine of The Slits. Siouxsie Sioux of Siouxsie and the Banshees. Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders, Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex and Pauline Black of The Selecter.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1640745568103.jpg

I've seen so many similar photos posted of hot, almost naked girls, with a record player.  Was this the 60s version of "Netflix and Chill"?

7 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

I've seen so many similar photos posted of hot, almost naked girls, with a record player.  Was this the 60s version of "Netflix and Chill"?

Thissis depictione of the 'overtstimulatione' authoritiese feared rock-n-rolle wase.............                         :)

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

OK, I reconized three, DH, CH, VA (inspiratione foire 'shode I go or shoude I staye')

:)

Ladies Tea Party

Ladies Tea Party – Debbie Harry of Blondie, Viv Albertine of The Slits, Siouxsie Sioux, Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders, Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex and Pauline Black of The Selector (clockwise left to right) London, August 1980

On 12/29/2021 at 12:47 AM, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I can't tell the drummer..

Mitch Mitchell