Can anyone identify this rudder?

When cleaning out the old storage room in our junior sailing shed at our yacht club, we came across this rudder.   It doesn't belong to any of the club's boats (Flying Juniors or Optimists).    There used to be many JY15's at the club, could it be one of those?   I'd love to learn what it belongs with so I can find an owner that can use it.   I hate to throw it out, but don't want it to be cluttering the shed forever...

Rudder.jpg

I initially thought it looked pretty similar to my old Laser 2, but pulled up some pictures and it doesn't match. So I did a search on JY15 and came across these guys selling new ones. https://www.nickelsboatworks.com/collections/jy15-parts/products/complete-rudder-blade-head-tiller-tiller-extension-lock-pin Rudder head looks like a pretty close match but the blade doesn't. 

• Like 1

That is generic looking as it gets! Might be good for a Club trophy - the Lost Equipment Award. 

• Like 1

Looking on line at some older JY15 pics, I think it is indeed an old JY15 rudder.  If anyone wants one, its there's for the asking (pickup in Vermont).

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

A lot of 5O5s have long hi-aspect rudder blades like that. But yeah, that's kind of a 'could be anything' rudder

FB- Doug

Yes, Mine(non-original) from my 5O5 looks like that, sort of, judging from the foot for scale.