Space Force commander fired after comments made on conservative podcast

Space Force commander fired after comments made on conservative podcast

A Space Force lieutenant colonel has been removed from his command after appearing on a conservative podcast criticizing the United States military.

Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier joined The Steve Gruber show to discuss his new book, "Irresistible Revolution: Marxism's Goal of Conquest & the Unmaking of the American Military," which alleges that Marxist ideologies are becoming widespread within the armed forces. He expounded on those concerns in the podcast.

"Since taking command as a commander about 10 months ago, I saw what I consider fundamentally incompatible and competing narratives of what America was, is and should be," Lohmeier said. "That wasn't just prolific in social media, or throughout the country during this past year, but it was spreading throughout the United States military. And I had recognized those narratives as being Marxist in nature."

When pressed on what exactly he meant, Lohmeier decried the New York Times 1619 Project, a historical look at how slavery formed America's institutions, as "anti-American."

"It teaches intensive teaching that I heard at my base -- that at the time the country ratified the United States Constitution, it codified White supremacy as the law of the land," Lohmeier said. "If you want to disagree with that, then you start (being) labeled all manner of things including racist."

"Lt. Gen. Stephen Whiting, Space Operations Command commander, relieved Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier of command of the 11th Space Warning Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, May 14, due to loss of trust and confidence in his ability to lead," a Defense Department official told CNN. "This decision was based on public comments made by Lt. Col. Lohmeier in a recent podcast. Lt. Gen. Whiting has initiated a Command Directed Investigation (CDI) on whether these comments constituted prohibited partisan political activity."

Another defense official said the investigation would also look at all elements of rules and policy by which the book was published. It is not clear whether Lohmeier consulted his chain of command before publishing. A blurb about the book on Amazon described it as a "timely and bold contribution from an active-duty Space Force lieutenant colonel who sees the impact of a new-Marxist agenda at the ground level within our armed forces."

Lohmeier did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/15/politics/space-force-lohmeier-fired-after-comments/index.html 

He is welcome to join Space Force 7, where Resistance is Futile, but Membership is Free.

These old fashioned space forces are like Model T's at the drive-in automat. They still use rockets. Rockets! Space Force 7 achieves faster-than-light transport of goods and services using our proprietary blend of herbs and spices.

1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

Department of redundancy department.

This is a Trump choose pick  appointment.

What do you expect, anticipate, look forward too, presume, assume, predict?

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Why hasn't Joe eliminated that stupidity yet?

Or at least give it a better name?

Alas, the militarization of space is becoming more apparent.

37 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Alas, the militarization of space is becoming inevitable.

Fixed.

He who controls “space”, ultimately controls communications, internet, GPS, remote surveillance and all the other things that flow from it..... Why are so many countries putting up their own stuff..... even OZ.

Eventually we put will so much junk up there, space war or no space war, just like we have trashed everywhere else, it will ultimately destroy the facility/utility.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Fixed

No, weapons in space has been a thing for a bit longer than has been let on.

'Member that US recon satellite that fell to earth maybe 10-15 years ago, the one with the scary fuel aboard, hydrazine?

Bullshit. 

How do you become a colonel in a brand new agency?    So they appoint newbies loyal to the party, or transfer people that couldn’t hack the push ups in the army, since 0g push-ups are bound to be easier?

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Space Farce. Nuff said.

pretty much, right-wing style dumbfuckery mostly devoid of pragmatism.

6 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

No, weapons in space has been a thing for a bit longer than has been let on.

'Member that US recon satellite that fell to earth maybe 10-15 years ago, the one with the scary fuel aboard, hydrazine?

Bullshit. 

There is a U.N. treaty against weapons in space, the Outer Space Treaty. I used to sit in on those meetings back in the 1990s, real snoozefests.

Are you suggesting that we're violating the treaty? Hydrazine is a common, energy-dense fuel, and also used all over industry for making foam. also for pesticides and industrial chemicals. Are you suggesting that we used the hydrazine as a weapon?

While I'm not convinced that we have violated the treaty yet, I do agree with you that unless we change course, the militarization of space in inevitable. We need to change course.

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

Are you suggesting that we used the hydrazine as a weapon?

No.

Are you suggesting that we're violating the treaty?

Yes. 

the militarization of space in inevitable

And I'm saying it's already here. Just a bit more "out" with the US' new moniker of "space force".

8 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

No.

Yes. 

And I'm saying it's already here. Just a bit more "out" with the US' new moniker of "space force".

I think we're abiding by the Outer Space Treaty, but you might be right. The thing about that treaty is that it's fairly easy to verify, we can see what they put up into orbit, they can see what we put up into orbit. The Strategic Defense Initiative supposedly shit the bed by the time they morphed Star Wars into Brilliant Pebbles, so I just suspect that the treaty is intact and there are no WMDs up there.

4 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Is there anything you haven't done?

I haven't done most things. But I've been a scientist and a newspaper reporter. So I write about those things.

I've never scuba dived. Never raised twins. Never cleaned out a rabbit's hutch. Never worked in a McDonalds. Never been a Christian. Never tried cooked calamari. Never rebuilt the stuffing box on a Westsail. Never banged Clean's ex-girlfriend.

Oh wait, maybe I did that last thing there.

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Had sex in the last five years?

I thought prostitution was cheap and readily available in the USA. Surely Mikey can afford a massage with a happy ending.

FKT

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I thought prostitution was cheap and readily available in the USA. Surely Mikey can afford a massage with a happy ending.

FKT

Nah, you're thinking of Australia, mate. That's not the USA at all. Yeah, you're thinking of Australia ...

Funny story, when Skylab came down the US government put out a press release announcing how they had everything under control and it had fallen harmlessly into the Indian Ocean, whilst the WA boys started finding shit everywhere...

skylab1.png.0cc0e35b7f975e3cc879f58928e11523.png 

skylab3.png.20353dff499ed6cf0943d7eb9b20fe56.png

The local council cheekily ended up sending the US State department a clean up bill for $400. A US radio station just as cheekily paid it in 2009.   

skylab2.png.f211d3bfe7a8d6db1291a24725c69fe1.png

Supposedly the pub owners at Balladonia got a phone call from a apologetic Jimmy Carter over some near misses. That woulda been one helluva weird phone call. "Hang on a tic Jimmy me new mate, got some customers trying to pour their own beers..."