'By and large it was peaceful protests' on 1/6 Except for some 'Agitators'

Senator Ron Johnson is another idiot who thinks he can change what we saw with our own eyes.

Senator Ron Johnson once again insisted that the events of January 6th were not an insurrection and that at the Capitol, “by and large it was peaceful protests.”

35 Republicans joined Democrats in the House to vote to create the 1/6 commission. The House Homeland Security Committee reached a bipartisan agreement last week, but most Republicans voted against it Wednesday and, as for the Senate, Mitch McConnell has publicly made it clear he opposes it.

Laura Ingraham ran the names of all 35 Republicans on screen as she spoke with Johnson on Wednesday night, and said, “I should hope so, that Mitch McConnell is not going to stand with what we obviously already know. This thing has to be defeated in the Senate, because they have already signaled they can’t be fair here.”

Johnson declared he’s doing his own investigation “to really accurately recreate” the events of January 6th.

This was how he went on to describe the events of January 6th:

The fact of the matter is even calling it insurrection, it wasn’t. I condemned the breach, I condemn the violence, but to say there were thousands of armed insurrectionists breaching the Capitol intent on overthrowing the government is just simply a false narrative. I was vilified for entering into the record a 14-page eyewitness account of a very knowledgeable observer that really laid out exactly what happened… By and large it was peaceful protests except for there were a number of people, basically agitators that whipped the crowd and breached the Capitol, and that’s really the truth of what’s happening here. But they like to paint that narrative so they can paint a broad brush and basically impugn 75 million Americans, call them potentially domestic terrorists and potential armed insurrectionists as well.

“So this is all about a narrative that the left wants to continue to push,” Johnson added.

Some Republicans who voted for the commission spoke out earlier Wednesday, with Peter Meijer calling out colleagues “whitewashing” the events of that day and Fred Upton solemnly wondering if there would’ve been worse violence if not for the police response.

Back in March, Johnson said he didn’t feel threatened on January 6th, and added he might have been if it was Black Lives Matter or Antifa protesters.

You can watch above, via Fox News.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-johnson-rails-against-capitol-riot-commission-by-and-large-it-was-peaceful-protests-on-1-6-except-for-some-agitators/

• badlatitude changed the title to 'By and large it was peaceful protests' on 1/6 Except for some 'Agitators'

The worst politician to come out of Wisconsin since Joe McCarthy

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

The worst politician to come out of Wisconsin since Joe McCarthy

I am wondering why we don't come out and call Republicans 'Domestic Terrorists' It sure seems like they are, why play nice about it?

19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Senator Ron Johnson is another idiot who thinks he can change what we saw with our own eyes.

Senator Ron Johnson once again insisted that the events of January 6th were not an insurrection and that at the Capitol, “by and large it was peaceful protests.”

35 Republicans joined Democrats in the House to vote to create the 1/6 commission. The House Homeland Security Committee reached a bipartisan agreement last week, but most Republicans voted against it Wednesday and, as for the Senate, Mitch McConnell has publicly made it clear he opposes it.

Laura Ingraham ran the names of all 35 Republicans on screen as she spoke with Johnson on Wednesday night, and said, “I should hope so, that Mitch McConnell is not going to stand with what we obviously already know. This thing has to be defeated in the Senate, because they have already signaled they can’t be fair here.”

Johnson declared he’s doing his own investigation “to really accurately recreate” the events of January 6th.

This was how he went on to describe the events of January 6th:

The fact of the matter is even calling it insurrection, it wasn’t. I condemned the breach, I condemn the violence, but to say there were thousands of armed insurrectionists breaching the Capitol intent on overthrowing the government is just simply a false narrative. I was vilified for entering into the record a 14-page eyewitness account of a very knowledgeable observer that really laid out exactly what happened… By and large it was peaceful protests except for there were a number of people, basically agitators that whipped the crowd and breached the Capitol, and that’s really the truth of what’s happening here. But they like to paint that narrative so they can paint a broad brush and basically impugn 75 million Americans, call them potentially domestic terrorists and potential armed insurrectionists as well.

“So this is all about a narrative that the left wants to continue to push,” Johnson added.

Some Republicans who voted for the commission spoke out earlier Wednesday, with Peter Meijer calling out colleagues “whitewashing” the events of that day and Fred Upton solemnly wondering if there would’ve been worse violence if not for the police response.

Back in March, Johnson said he didn’t feel threatened on January 6th, and added he might have been if it was Black Lives Matter or Antifa protesters.

You can watch above, via Fox News.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-johnson-rails-against-capitol-riot-commission-by-and-large-it-was-peaceful-protests-on-1-6-except-for-some-agitators/

Nothing says "peaceful protest" like beating a police officer with a hockey stick.

WTF Do they grow some good hallucinogenics in Wisconsin?

Those tourist's sure looked like they were having some fun, peacefully breaking down locked doors and beating cops with fire extinguishers.

Where was Ron? prolly shitting himself in a safe room especially if Pence was in the same room.

The truth has become a casualty now. This has gotta end, some day.

4 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

The truth has become a casualty now. This has gotta end, some day.

The truth ended the day that Trump, and Melanoma rode that golden escalator down to announce his cand-ass-y.

I saw thousands and am surprised there our less than 500 charged so FAR

It’s pretty surprising there were not more handguns involved which would have caused a substantial loss of life 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The truth ended the day that Trump, and Melanoma rode that golden escalator down to announce his cand-ass-y.

Ironically, the truth started towards its end the day the Internet came online.

What was going to bring a new age of enlightenment has actually created the end of truth & fact.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, tommays said:

I saw thousands and am surprised there our less than 500 charged so FAR

It’s pretty surprising there were not more handguns involved which would have caused a substantial loss of life 

They had to have been advised that the use of handguns would destroy what they were trying to accomplish, who wants dead politicians or cops? I just wonder who sent that message?

20 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yeah. Well, you may be rushing to judgement.  I figure the truth had ended the day after the Trump inauguration, with a fictional weather report, and a fictional crowd size. 

I gotta admit, I never sensed any ghost landslide election coming.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

They had to have been advised that the use of handguns would destroy what they were trying to accomplish, who wants dead politicians or cops? I just wonder who sent that message?

Well, they did erect a gallows and were heard chanting for the VP's death.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I think it more likely that they simply were afraid of DC gun laws. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Nothing says "peaceful protest" like beating a police officer with a hockey stick.

Not many "peaceful" protesters on view there.......

13 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

By and large peaceful, except that lady who was shot in the neck and killed.  

I feel little sympathy for anyone who stormed the Capitol and suffered consequences.  She was breaching a barricade. Much like breaking and entering. 

Some decisions are costlier than others.

35 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

By and large peaceful, except that lady who was shot in the neck and killed.  

Fuck her.  She should have got it when she crossed the first barricade, not her last.  That is what she gets for following the bullshitters into an insurrection. Everyone with her should thank their lucky stars they are still alive.  They all should have gotten the same thing the moment they breached a barricade, window or door into the US Capitol when the House and Senate were in session. And for anyone who thinks that breaching was justified, fuck you too. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

His brother  loves him so much 

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

No, you see the gallows was just for decoration.  It wasn't actually a REAL one.  

4 minutes ago, dacapo said:

She’s such a CUNT whore 

I have no idea, but likely not.  Just someone deluded by bullshitters to the point where she deemed it necessary to attack her own country. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I have no idea, but likely not.  Just someone deluded by bullshitters to the point where she deemed it necessary to attack her own country. 

I meant Laura Ingrahm 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I meant Laura Ingrahm 

Isn't she really a man in Wof's clothing?

1 minute ago, dacapo said:

I meant Laura Ingrahm 

I seriously doubt that she believes any of the bullshit she spews.  She just figured out, like Madame Coulter, that a blonde who isn't too violent on the eyes can turn a good buck if she is willing to say anything for money. Now there are a whole train of little bubbleheaded hate-bimbos spewing nonsense.  It's a cottage industry. 

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You're thinking of Ann Coulter, all those Fox blonds look alike

Oh, yeah.... Wofsey has the bigger Adam's Apple....

sisu: Anti-Palin tempest in a teapot? "Fog of war describes Twitter in a  nutshell"

The dangling faux crucifix really enhances her image....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

You're thinking of Ann Coulter, all those Fox blonds look alike

Turn them upside down and you have a brunette with raunchy pestilence-breath?

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Fuck her.  She should have got it when she crossed the first barricade, not her last.  That is what she gets for following the bullshitters into an insurrection. Everyone with her should thank their lucky stars they are still alive.  They all should have gotten the same thing the moment they breached a barricade, window or door into the US Capitol when the House and Senate were in session. And for anyone who thinks that breaching was justified, fuck you too. 

For anyone that hides, justifies or explains this bullshit, fuck them and the horse rid in on. 

2 hours ago, hasher said:

For anyone that hides, justifies or explains this bullshit, fuck them and the horse rid in on. 

I read somewhere that most of the capitol insurrectionists will get light sentences and mostly receive misdemeanors. If roles had been reversed, and Democrats did the invasion, you wouldn't have to worry about it, most Democrats would have been lynched before any arrests could be made.

Yanno.... I think there was a typo there.... It wasn't "Agitators" It was "Alligators"! Those damned things are everywhere around here!

I hope they thoroughly wiped the place down after those 'tourists' came through.

8 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I read somewhere that most of the capitol insurrectionists will get light sentences and mostly receive misdemeanors. If roles had been reversed, and Democrats did the invasion, you wouldn't have to worry about it, most Democrats would have been lynched before any arrests could be made.

The police would have responded appropriately if it had been democRATS attacking them instead of Americans. We wouldn’t be hearing all of this whitewashing bullshit because they would all be six feet under. It wouldn’t have been a lynching, it would have been an entirely appropriate response to anyone who breached a barrier and/or assaulted a cop. 

As to sentencing, we have guidelines to follow. The rule of law applies even to those seeking to overturn it and end our nation as we know it. “We are a nation of laws, not men.” (Still)