29er rigging tips/ upgrades!

Hi ! :)

Im sailing a 29er right now and wondering if anyone have any good upgrade, rigging tips, and etc (besides the defaults) like some extras..

for example: 

These are some useful extras, wondering if anyone has something even crazier idea to upgrade my 29er ! :)

Thanks ! :D

I'm just skipping through the video , but one think i noticed is they didn't taper the jib sheet. I also ran FSE robline, and it's a great line to taper. I would set it up so that the splice sits a few inches in front of the cleat at max max max trim. I don't think they talked about the bridle, but i recommend running the bridle to a single line adjust. Basically, port side runs through the port fairlead, starboard side doubles back to also run through the port fairlead, splice them together and run them to the same slide-splice adjuster. I think was how i ran it. something like that - been about six years lol. 

Beyond that, it's all pretty standard fair. There's not a wholllle lot that can be done to the 29er. I liked to splice or taper all-the-lines to make everything as smooth and pretty as possible. 

• Like 1

Kite sheet take ups might be helpful too. Shock cord from inboard end of pole - not done this on a 29er so you'll probably have to do some digging for how the class does it, but usually straight forward and makes for a much tidier boat upwind. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...