Aramid sail repair tape - maybe Hexayurt filament tape?

I have an older sail that needs some repair to keep it going for a season or two of mostly light air / flat water sailing.  The leech of this kevlar / aramid sail has UV damage as it looks to have been left on a roller furler with a Dacron leech sun cover that was not sufficient, but has not come apart and is supported by the Dacron to some degree.  The rest of the sail is good.  Wondering about using Hexayurt filament tape which can be bought in 6" or 12" wide rolls of 60 yds.  Creative solution or no go?  Other ideas?

You're gonna be chasing your tail.  I'd get some nice large dacron stick-on patches, patch the obvious holes, and go sailing.  You really have no idea where it's gonna fail next, and short of just installing a new leech you're just going to be wasting your money.

• Like 1

I've tried several aramid and carbon repair tapes. IMO, polyester tape sticks better, and in the end adhesion is the critical factor.

I've repaired lots of older high tech sails. You'll get a little use out of it, but it is going to explode sooner than you like. That's just the failure mode.

• Like 1