Mount Gay 30 vs Open 30

I have heard that Mount Gay 30 is originally called Whitbread 30, I think it came before Open 30 as a class.

Then came Open 30 and one of the earliest designs are by Owen Clarke, Class 950 is supposed a cruiser/racer version of Open 30.

Now, all 3 classes are dead, and their respective sites are down, I wondered what are their fundamental difference?

Is Open 30 a more extreme downwind optimized version of Mount Gay 30?

MG 30 was designed as a crewed offshore raceboat - the open 30 was along the lines of the 950.   Very different boats.  
The MG 30 was more of a higher sided, wider Mumm 30 with a, bigger cabin, alumimum rig and cast iron keel.

1 hour ago, stealingisacrime said:

MG 30 was designed as a crewed offshore raceboat - the open 30 was along the lines of the 950.   Very different boats.  
The MG 30 was more of a higher sided, wider Mumm 30 with a, bigger cabin, alumimum rig and cast iron keel.

I see, Open 30 is designed for shorthanded vs crewed on MG30 on the outset.

Didn’t Ronnie Simpson nurse one back from Hawaii after losing the keel bulb?

• Like 1

A guy in New England had one professionally designed and I think built at Lindsey's. 
It was a lot faster than all the other ones and pretty much killed the class - the huge speed difference and also J boats marketing the J/105 like crazy at the time.
I remember a little kid drove it to all bullets at BBRW when it was new.

9 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Didn’t Ronnie Simpson nurse one back from Hawaii after losing the keel bulb?

mg 30, LOST THE KEEL

Dudley Dix still sells MG30 plans if anyone really wants one. Do it yourself and you can make be whatever you want. 

5 hours ago, stealingisacrime said:

A guy in New England had one professionally designed and I think built at Lindsey's. 
It was a lot faster than all the other ones and pretty much killed the class - the huge speed difference and also J boats marketing the J/105 like crazy at the time.

This one?

https://www.vgyd.com/project/the-vg-mount-gay-30/

the mount gay 30 has fixed keel and water ballast and the open 30 has canting keel and one had waterballast as well..

1 hour ago, huey 2 said:

the mount gay 30 has fixed keel and water ballast and the open 30 has canting keel and one had waterballast as well..

That explains why there aren't that many of them Open 30 around.

I mean who would spend that much money for marginal difference on a 30 footer?

6 minutes ago, Wckoek said:

That explains why there aren't that many of them Open 30 around.

I mean who would spend that much money for marginal difference on a 30 footer?

There is a large "proto" class of mini's!

• Like 1

I have one, the old Kryptonite.  It's a Van Gorkum design built in aluminum.  

The original Whitbread/MG class rules called for water ballast to support short handed offshore racing with a crew of 3-4 and also specified aluminum rig and conservative keel and hull construction to keep build costs down.  

2 hours ago, Jeff F said:

The original Whitbread/MG class rules called for water ballast to support short handed offshore racing with a crew of 3-4 and also specified aluminum rig and conservative keel and hull construction to keep build costs down.  

Any photos?

3 hours ago, Jeff F said:

Very interesting in aluminum, competitive when compared to other GRP boats?

Radius chine construction?

19 minutes ago, Jeff F said:

Sailing solo video

Looks pretty nice, is it the newer version (Mk II) as on Van Gorkum's site?

Surprise that it was made in aluminum for a boat of this kind.

1 minute ago, Wckoek said:

Looks pretty nice, is it the newer version (Mk II) as on Van Gorkum's site?

Surprise that it was made in aluminum for a boat of this kind.

Yes, in fact there are pictures of my boat on the web site under the kit plans.

The original owner was a professional aluminum boat builder, hence the choice of materials.  It's heavier than designed, but well done.  Launched in 2000.  I'm pretty sure it's the only metal one built.

There are a few others in NA that I'm aware of.  They're all different, and I haven't sailed against any of them.

• Like 1

I sailed a MG30 a bit. They were all different. Ours was cheaply built with quite a lot of wood involved. Can't remember if the hull was plastic or some kind of tortured ply. Rig was tin and fairly large. 

Quite good fun budget sailing at the time. Can't imagine that time's been kind to it.

17 hours ago, Jeff F said:

Yes, in fact there are pictures of my boat on the web site under the kit plans.

The original owner was a professional aluminum boat builder, hence the choice of materials.  It's heavier than designed, but well done.  Launched in 2000.  I'm pretty sure it's the only metal one built.

There are a few others in NA that I'm aware of.  They're all different, and I haven't sailed against any of them.

Thanks!  Moving right along for being "heavy"!  Neat boat.  Nice comparison to the J-29 docked next to it.  The 30 looks like a much smaller boat.

5 hours ago, bridhb said:

Thanks!  Moving right along for being "heavy"!  Neat boat.  Nice comparison to the J-29 docked next to it.  The 30 looks like a much smaller boat.

Here's a pic of the MG outside a J33 and an Olson 911.   IMG_20190816_174732419.thumb.jpg.25e924290570742e4890f50188217eb2.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jeff F said:

Here's a pic of the MG outside a J33 and an Olson 911.   IMG_20190816_174732419.thumb.jpg.25e924290570742e4890f50188217eb2.jpg

Good looking boat, feel free to keep posting pics and vids of it.  Out of curiosity is yours the 6'5" keel or the 7'1" keel they mention?

1 hour ago, @last said:

Good looking boat, feel free to keep posting pics and vids of it.  Out of curiosity is yours the 6'5" keel or the 7'1" keel they mention?

Thanks.  Mine is the original class draft.  Van Gorkum designed the deeper keel that was built for RedRum, which i assume is the one for sale in Milwaukee.  They finished that boat after the class was defunct, and souped it up.  

I have no idea if Lindsay built any boats beyond the first one that's on the web site.  Maybe not.  

13 hours ago, Jeff F said:

Thanks.  Mine is the original class draft.  Van Gorkum designed the deeper keel that was built for RedRum, which i assume is the one for sale in Milwaukee.  They finished that boat after the class was defunct, and souped it up.  

I have no idea if Lindsay built any boats beyond the first one that's on the web site.  Maybe not.  

Forgot to ask who the builder was, you mention an aluminum builder.   Was it Kanter Marine, north of the border?  Interesting departure if so from their normal fare.  As an aside I crew on a Maxi Morc 30 that was built by one of the Gozzard's, also a little bit of departure from their name.

56 minutes ago, Huggy Bear Brown said:

He had her in the shed for a couple of years and just put her in the water again this year......did OK in the Chicago Nood's 10 years ago.  https://www.sailingworld.com/nood-regattas/redrum-kills-chicago/

We were happy to see it back out again. They’re the scratch boat in our division. Due largely to a lucky gamble on sail choice, we even managed to keep them behind us for one race. 

37B03654-88B3-470D-893F-302963BEC983.jpeg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, @last said:

Forgot to ask who the builder was, you mention an aluminum builder.   Was it Kanter Marine, north of the border?  Interesting departure if so from their normal fare.  As an aside I crew on a Maxi Morc 30 that was built by one of the Gozzard's, also a little bit of departure from their name.

The manager at Kanter built it as his own boat.  I bought it from him.  

IIRC a few custom race boats came out of the Gozzard family - North Castle?  I think they built a N/M 40 as well.

2 minutes ago, Jeff F said:

The manager at Kanter built it as his own boat.  I bought it from him.  

IIRC a few custom race boats came out of the Gozzard family - North Castle?  I think they built a N/M 40 as well.

North Castle sounds right, I think it was the nephew who built/owns North Castle but don't quote me on that, someone such as yourself would know more about North Castle's story.

Simon Rogers designed Whitbread 30 "Sticky Fingers". I originally owned a sister-ship "Middle Finger"

Sticky Fingers.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fastrak said:

Simon Rogers designed Whitbread 30 "Sticky Fingers". I originally owned a sister-ship "Middle Finger"

Sticky Fingers.jpg

Cool shot, thanks for sharing!

New Zealand had the Young 88s and Ross 930s through that time - Getting on for 150 boats built. Not necessarily offshore but when well prepared they were sailing 2 handed around the North Island in some pretty ordinary weather. A few were delivery sailed to Australia too.

1 x 950 was imported 20 years later.

44 minutes ago, SemiSalt said:

I believe the MG30 was among the first classes built around a box rule.

J class comes to mind. A wee bit older. Then throw in all the meter class boats just for fun. 

It was the success of the Whitbread 60 in the RTW race early 90s that led to the Whitbread/MG 30.  I think of the Whitbread/VO 60 as the first modern box rule.  Those were cool boats compared to the IOR maxis.  

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Jeff F said:

It was the success of the Whitbread 60 in the RTW race early 90s that led to the Whitbread/MG 30.  I think of the Whitbread/VO 60 as the first modern box rule.  Those were cool boats compared to the IOR maxis.  

I was only commenting on the silliness of the MG30 being the first box rule. 

21 hours ago, Monkey said:

We were happy to see it back out again. They’re the scratch boat in our division. Due largely to a lucky gamble on sail choice, we even managed to keep them behind us for one race. 

37B03654-88B3-470D-893F-302963BEC983.jpeg

.....and I'm sure Breezy was bitchin' up a storm!  Raced a lifetime with and against him......

19 hours ago, Monkey said:

J class comes to mind. A wee bit older. Then throw in all the meter class boats just for fun. 

J class and meter class were both rated by a formula, so were not box rules. 

17 hours ago, Jackett said:

J class and meter class were both rated by a formula, so were not box rules. 

Whitbread 60 & 30 also formula based. You could trade length between girth stations and girth lengths for sail area. 

Did a couple of recent regattas ( Commodores cup & Port Stephens) on a modified MG30....re-rigged with swept spreaders replacing runners...and the boat is a blur! Rates well, performs really well and an outstanding example of "bang for buck!" Sailed with mates it was outrageously good fun....these boats have been ignored and consequently undervalued. Bought right...with a few bucks invested in a new sailplan...and strap yourselves in for some fun!

• Like 2
On 6/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, Huggy Bear Brown said:

.....and I'm sure Breezy was bitchin' up a storm!  Raced a lifetime with and against him......

Probably was!  I wouldn’t have it any other way. He’s a great guy, super competitive without the asshole factor that usually comes along. The weather worked against him that day.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Couta said:

Did a couple of recent regattas ( Commodores cup & Port Stephens) on a modified MG30....re-rigged with swept spreaders replacing runners...and the boat is a blur! Rates well, performs really well and an outstanding example of "bang for buck!" Sailed with mates it was outrageously good fun....these boats have been ignored and consequently undervalued. Bought right...with a few bucks invested in a new sailplan...and strap yourselves in for some fun!

Which one Couta - B/D - Lyons - Jutson?

My MG with a non-class keel. She's a beautifully balanced boat to sail, but I do wish she had a little more volume in the bow.

No photo description available.

• Like 4
On 6/9/2021 at 6:01 AM, Fastrak said:

Sticky Fingers.jpg

I vividly remember that photo (and associated article) from the 100th anniversary edition of "Yachting World"  that I got for what must've been about my 12th birthday... and thinking imagine owning something like that one day... I wish I still had the magazine, but it got water damaged somehow.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ALL@SEA said:

Which one Couta - B/D - Lyons - Jutson?

Lyons... Boxy's XXX...so funny at registration when I was asked....."how do you spell that?" ;-)

• Like 1
On 6/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, Monkey said:

Probably was!  I wouldn’t have it any other way. He’s a great guy, super competitive without the asshole factor that usually comes along. The weather worked against him that day.  

You didn't know him when he was younger.... :lol:B)   He has mellowed alot over the years and yes, overall good guy.  Great racing resume....back in the 70's he was fordeck on Raggamuffin, Bay Bea and others.  Came back to Milwaukee and won National Championships (some multiple) in three different classes, not to mention successes in local and regional racing.  It's good to see he's out there again as he told me he had enough of racing.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, Huggy Bear Brown said:

You didn't know him when he was younger.... :lol:B)   He has mellowed alot over the years and yes, overall good guy.  Great racing resume....back in the 70's he was fordeck on Raggamuffin, Bay Bea and others.  Came back to Milwaukee and won National Championships (some multiple) in three different classes, not to mention successes in local and regional racing.  It's good to see he's out there again as he told me he had enough of racing.

I think I’m going to have a serious chat with Breezy next weekend. I got wind of the rock bottom price he’d take for the MG30, and I’m having a really hard time convincing myself not to go for it. 

• Like 3

My husband and I owned Sticky Fingers, the original Whitbread 30 prototype that later became the Mount Gay 30.  She was designed and built by Simon Rogers in England and won the Round Great Britain race out of the box.  A guy in Sausalito had her shipped to SF Bay along with the molds with the idea of starting a class but went bankrupt.  We picked up Sticky Fingers for a song; she had been neglected for several years.  Brought her back to life, and raced her in SF Bay in the winter and trailered her to Tahoe for the summer.  Fun boat!  We disabled the water ballast system for buoy racing.  I did bow which was quite the task as Sticky had both assym and symmetrical, fractional and masthead spinnakers.  The back of the boat could never make up their minds what to fly!  Mark Rudiger, RIP, raced with us a few times and showed us her true potential.  That is Mark standing by the mast in the photo.  Sold her to a racer in South Africa. This little 30 footer crossed the pond (via cargo ship) two times.  Unfortunately she sank a couple of years ago.

623964115_FlyingAsymmetrical.jpg.9c50154481290b98c1a4a4429a015376.jpg

• Like 5
On 6/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, ALL@SEA said:

I vividly remember that photo (and associated article) from the 100th anniversary edition of "Yachting World"  that I got for what must've been about my 12th birthday... and thinking imagine owning something like that one day... I wish I still had the magazine, but it got water damaged somehow.

We still have that Yachting World copy.  We didn't know the history behind Sticky Fingers until after we bought her.  A friend sent us a copy of the mag.  Mount Gay Rum also sent us some swag when they found out we bought her and brought her back to life.

• Like 1
On 6/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, stealingisacrime said:

Astray Liana, Van Gorkom 30. Tom Hall used to race on that boat, and yeah he told me it killed the class. It sits in Hingham now, not being raced to its potential.

42 minutes ago, sweetsailor130 said:

My husband and I owned Sticky Fingers, the original Whitbread 30 prototype that later became the Mount Gay 30.  She was designed and built by Simon Rogers in England and won the Round Great Britain race out of the box.  A guy in Sausalito had her shipped to SF Bay along with the molds with the idea of starting a class but went bankrupt.  We picked up Sticky Fingers for a song; she had been neglected for several years.  Brought her back to life, and raced her in SF Bay in the winter and trailered her to Tahoe for the summer.  Fun boat!  We disabled the water ballast system for buoy racing.  I did bow which was quite the task as Sticky had both assym and symmetrical, fractional and masthead spinnakers.  The back of the boat could never make up their minds what to fly!  Mark Rudiger, RIP, raced with us a few times and showed us her true potential.  That is Mark standing by the mast in the photo.  Sold her to a racer in South Africa. This little 30 footer crossed the pond (via cargo ship) two times.  Unfortunately she sank a couple of years ago.

623964115_FlyingAsymmetrical.jpg.9c50154481290b98c1a4a4429a015376.jpg

Out of curiosity, how many crew did you normally sail with?  The one I’m interested in has runners/checks, A-sails only, and never installed the water ballast. I’m just curious what I’m getting myself into. 

Seven.  It had runners, really no backstay.  Was before dyneema was around.  We heard the previous owner lost the rig twice.  Took 2 to gybe that huge oversized pole.  It wasn't carbon.  We had to back it up into the cockpit to clear the headstay.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sweetsailor130 said:

We still have that Yachting World copy.  We didn't know the history behind Sticky Fingers until after we bought her.  A friend sent us a copy of the mag.  Mount Gay Rum also sent us some swag when they found out we bought her and brought her back to life.

After I posted that, and obviously after the permitted time to edit expired, I realised that it wasn't the 100th, but it was about that era - Sticky Fingers was on the cover. 

3 hours ago, Monkey said:

Out of curiosity, how many crew did you normally sail with?  The one I’m interested in has runners/checks, A-sails only, and never installed the water ballast. I’m just curious what I’m getting myself into. 

Ours has runners with backstay - belt and braces - very slight sweep in the spreaders. We race a lot 2 handed with MH and fracy, sym and assy spinnakers. Gybes are busy but achievable, loads are generally manageable. Waterballast helps in over 15 knots without weight on the rail. Plenty of room if you prefer to take a crew.

Well, the current owner and I are on the same page. Agreed on a price, and aside from the usual nonsense (survey, writing a check, etc) I’ll have my own MG 30 to race for next season!  I’m a happy little camper. 

A28B7E9E-9EFB-40E3-8B37-C9110270F61E.jpeg

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Well, the current owner and I are on the same page. Agreed on a price, and aside from the usual nonsense (survey, writing a check, etc) I’ll have my own MG 30 to race for next season!  I’m a happy little camper. 

A28B7E9E-9EFB-40E3-8B37-C9110270F61E.jpeg

Congrats on the upcoming purchase!  Nice collection on that side of the lake with 2 GP 26's, Melges 30, a MG 30 and I want to say Thompson something or other around 35 ft?

29 minutes ago, @last said:

Congrats on the upcoming purchase!  Nice collection on that side of the lake with 2 GP 26's, Melges 30, a MG 30 and I want to say Thompson something or other around 35 ft?

I haven’t seen the Thompson out yet this year. I’ll be bringing the MG back to Sheboygan, so it’ll have the turboed Melges 30 to play with on the local races. I plan to spend a year getting to know it while doing some safety upgrades, then it’ll be a perpetual Mac boat. In the mean time, I’ll be the most annoying crew ever because I don’t want my skipper scratching my new boat! We’ll be fighting against it on the starting line the rest of the summer. 

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

I haven’t seen the Thompson out yet this year. I’ll be bringing the MG back to Sheboygan, so it’ll have the turboed Melges 30 to play with on the local races. I plan to spend a year getting to know it while doing some safety upgrades, then it’ll be a perpetual Mac boat. In the mean time, I’ll be the most annoying crew ever because I don’t want my skipper scratching my new boat! We’ll be fighting against it on the starting line the rest of the summer. 

Sounds great.  I remember seeing pictures of the finishing out on that boat.  

So what's your rating vs the competition?  I looked up the Lindsay boat in Mass and it rates 38 vs 40 for the Farr 30 od.  That surprised me.

My boat is nowhere near that fast.  But it's close to 2x heavier w/inboard.

1 hour ago, Jeff F said:

Sounds great.  I remember seeing pictures of the finishing out on that boat.  

So what's your rating vs the competition?  I looked up the Lindsay boat in Mass and it rates 38 vs 40 for the Farr 30 od.  That surprised me.

My boat is nowhere near that fast.  But it's close to 2x heavier w/inboard.

This one rates 63 for W/L, and 57 on distance races. It has a 6’9” bulb keel and a prod, plus no water ballast or diesel , so not technically class legal. Thankfully, the owner was a damned good sailor, and a few folks from North Sails were regular crew, so the boat has been tweaked to the gills with sail sizes. I was shocked when I tried bouncing ideas for new sails off him. Every answer was “we’ve already got that one.”

• Like 1
On 6/8/2021 at 9:01 PM, Fastrak said:

Is that 9030R, ex Brightwork / May Contain Nuts and now "Gusto"? Parked next to me for a time in Hamble Point yard this winter.

IMG_0577.jpeg

rogers30a0016409001417604866l.jpg

• Like 2

I used to sail on a Mount Gay / Lyons 30 in Sydney, a great little boat if a bit quirky with some of the mods, cracking down wind fun with a big assy or the old Farr 40 kite we had for it :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

The Mount Gay 30 Class actually had over 20 boats on the water in its first 2 years of existence. There were boats from various designers in the US, Australia, UK, South Africa and Brazil. The idea behind the box rule class was for boat builders (both professional and armature) to produce a performance 30 foot racing sailboat capable of competing in short-handed offshore events and fully crewed, round-the-cans regattas. After Mount Gay Rum withdrew their sponsorship of the Class, the boats faded into mediocrity although the enthusiasm for the concept remained strong. This lead to the creation of the Open 30 concept. However, without a good organization behind the Class it too quickly faded out. The attached pics are boats that I designed and are examples of each class (VG-Mount Gay 30 and the VG-Open 30) 

spinkw4.jpg

VG-Open30.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Geoff Van Gorkom said:

The Mount Gay 30 Class actually had over 20 boats on the water in its first 2 years of existence. There were boats from various designers in the US, Australia, UK, South Africa and Brazil. The idea behind the box rule class was for boat builders (both professional and armature) to produce a performance 30 foot racing sailboat capable of competing in short-handed offshore events and fully crewed, round-the-cans regattas. After Mount Gay Rum withdrew their sponsorship of the Class, the boats faded into mediocrity although the enthusiasm for the concept remained strong. This lead to the creation of the Open 30 concept. However, without a good organization behind the Class it too quickly faded out. The attached pics are boats that I designed and are examples of each class (VG-Mount Gay 30 and the VG-Open 30) 

spinkw4.jpg

VG-Open30.jpg

A lot of offshore race mandate 10m minimum, I think the 30 is 3 feet short of that, and didn't fare well with rating system back then.

Or simply middle class wealth dried up in the post Lehman years.

With the popularity of the likes of Sun Fast 3300, Dehler 30 OD, and Pogo 30, are the old designs worth considering again?

1 hour ago, Wckoek said:

A lot of offshore race mandate 10m minimum, I think the 30 is 3 feet short of that, and didn't fare well with rating system back then.

Or simply middle class wealth dried up in the post Lehman years.

With the popularity of the likes of Sun Fast 3300, Dehler 30 OD, and Pogo 30, are the old designs worth considering again?

I would think so, that’s why I’m buying one. To be fair, the current owner went nuts on the build and kept the all up weight under 3700 pounds. Combine that with a big roached main and masthead A-sails and it’s quick. Even in PHRF, it rates pretty well. Unlike IOR, the box rule didn’t seem to encourage a nasty hull shape. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Couta said:

Here's the Modified MG - Lyons at the recent port stephens regatta...great fun

IMG_5025.jpg

Image 19-4-21 at 8.03 pm.jpg

There was a Lyons mg 30 at royals early 2000"s. Maybe did a s2h? Prion was her name.

Around that time, I sailed on a clubman 30. Was a jutson mg 30 with lightened keel. Both quick boats, especially off the wind.

• Like 2

I sailed on Rebel Yell several times, a MG 30 designed by Richard Roake in Newport.  He piled it up on Beavertail one night.  The boat is now at T F Green airport, and has been for many years.  He designed a very low drag keel for the boat, which also developed very little lift.  The boat couldn't go upwind worth shit.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

There was a Lyons mg 30 at royals early 2000"s. Maybe did a s2h? Prion was her name.

This is Prion...

On 6/11/2021 at 10:53 AM, ALL@SEA said:

My MG with a non-class keel. She's a beautifully balanced boat to sail, but I do wish she had a little more volume in the bow.

No photo description available.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WCB said:

The MG30 sounds like a good candidate for the push to make a Fast 30 class of racing at multiple events, especially on the eastern US seaboard for now.

Fast 30 Sailing

Fast 30 Facebook page

MG30 type boats are too heavy and don't have enough sail area to keep up with Fast 30s / HP30s (UK version). If you take a Farr 30 as a comparator, the average MG30 weighs 500 kg more. They are really offshore boats whereas the HP30s are used for W/L and round the cans racing.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, Snowden said:

Is that 9030R, ex Brightwork / May Contain Nuts and now "Gusto"? Parked next to me for a time in Hamble Point yard this winter.

IMG_0577.jpeg

rogers30a0016409001417604866l.jpg

Yes this was originally "Middle Finger". She has been re-rigged and grown a sprit since. In my ownership she had running backstays, a super long spinnaker pole which flew the A-Sails off, and water ballast.

• Like 2

I have a Van Gorkum MG 30 mold sitting behind my barn if anyones that interested. Only 2 boats were built out of it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, laser188668 said:

I have a Van Gorkum MG 30 mold sitting behind my barn if anyones that interested. Only 2 boats were built out of it.

I might be interested, but don't what sort of hassle one has to go through to ship it across the pond.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, Wckoek said:

I might be interested, but don't what sort of hassle one has to go through to ship it across the pond.

I’d say go for it because that’s a really nice hull, but I’ve seen the numbers of what it actually costs to build one and it hurts my brain. 

• 4 weeks later...