A phrase in a Front Page comment, got me thinking....the need for advertising revenue notwithstanding...we hear lots about decline in sailors...but who wants the grief, common dodger that I am, who can afford to moor a tri, or even a cat, a rig with a wing, or foiled flyer? I under stand the press to "go fast," and, to this common dodger, fast for a traditional sailboat is not the same as so fast is is dangerous or costly to store...KISS is for sailors, to me...being relative not withstanding.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Timur said:

This here is proof we all need Grammerly installed on our browsers.  You don't need to be a PhD educator (I am) to know this is poorly worded grammar.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

• Like 6

You find dinghy parks full of exceedingly fast newish dinghies, bought by those that think top speed is everything... Then they find out fast is unstable, they get very wet and rapidly lose interest..

Brought this one for $10,000 Canadian Dollars... sold  years later for $12,000 USD (without the trailer and outboard she came with)

Had the best time (2010-2015) of my 55 year sailing life on this little trimaran and did up to a 45 day trip with two of us aboard, never felt it was 'wet' and we sailed fast and in very light winds would ghost along close to windspeed.

Fast 'can be' just fine....

2011WithBowSprit.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

P1020567medium.JPG

• Like 2
On 6/3/2021 at 8:09 AM, Timur said:

This here is proof we all need Grammerly installed on our browsers.  You don't need to be a PhD educator (I am) to know this is poorly worded grammar.

What's, wrong, with, what, he, wrote,?

On 6/3/2021 at 8:09 AM, Timur said:

Once a wise person said to me "one does not make oneself bigger by belittling others."

"If anything, the opposite is true."

It was apropos at the time. I have been making an effort ever since. Not always successful.

3 hours ago, mckenzie.keith said:

Once a wise person said to me "one does not make oneself bigger by belittling others."

"If anything, the opposite is true."

It was apropos at the time. I have been making an effort ever since. Not always successful.

Ice cream.

One makes oneself bigger with ice cream.

Or beer.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, 2flit said:

Brought this one for $10,000 Canadian Dollars... sold  years later for $12,000 USD (without the trailer and outboard she came with)

Had the best time (2010-2015) of my 55 year sailing life on this little trimaran and did up to a 45 day trip with two of us aboard, never felt it was 'wet' and we sailed fast and in very light winds would ghost along close to windspeed.

Fast 'can be' just fine....

2011WithBowSprit.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

P1020567medium.JPG

Looks like a cylinder molded ply Kurt Hughes demountable.

• Like 1

Poor me!!!! Have had a number of rigs moored in slips and sailed a few others and done crewed on others...seems the simplest were to best, to me, and remain as faves.

Still, simple is best, especiallly when bugs are biting, crew is partying, and I have to go potty and tidying is my job. Too, stil goes, the best rig, to me, is other guy's...complication conflicts with a fun anything, to me.

Fly fiahing is not the same as spin fishing, is it?