Jump to content

From the Front Page "Sailing the seven seas of cheese" - Sailing La Vagabonde's New Rapido 60 TRI


Recommended Posts

From the ED:  

Call me bitter,  but without question, I find this and all videos like it to be worthless, (especially the idiot on Sailing Doodles. Just saying that makes me want to punch him). They are obnoxious “look at me” vanity plays, incredibly annoying, not nearly as funny or interesting as they think they are, and to me, a complete and total waste of time. The once-hot girl in these videos is mostly the only reason people (dudes) watch. It surely isn’t because of her intellect.

Now, these sailing bums have managed to convince Rapido into (borrowing? lending? giving?) them a trimaran. The dude obviously called a bunch of builders to give them a boat to sail, and now they have one. Great promotion, I reckon, but what are the odds that this dope will tip this thing over?

The fawning over these two annoying Aussies is little more than the same slavish idiocy heaped on dumb “reality tv” shows, which is essentially what this is. Here’s a perfect example of the idolization, lifted from the comments from this video: “Riley drumming on the pots absolutely SENT me!”

Really? It “sent” you? A half-wit performing with the skill set of a monkey, banging on pots”sent” you? The only place you should be “sent” to is a mental institution. JFC.

However, props to these two for hacking the system to gain a ridiculously large following of idiots, and in the process, get a free boat.  If douchebags like Jake Paul can be rich and famous, I suppose almost anyone can. What a world.

 

Personally I don't like the fact they are asking for money but that's just me. If you watch the video you'll see they are going from a 50 Foot Cat (Outreimer) to a 60 Foot Tri - Rapido 60. They will be sailing with 2 kids (2nd on the way). I don't share Riley's reasons for choosing the Rapido because they have traded a huge amount of space for speed. In my eyes where do 2 kids run around? They have done enough sailing and live aboard to know what they want but I'm not getting it. Thoughts...?  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They will be faster only because of the added length. Almost none of these bloggers knows how to change sails/trim for speed. They are moving houseboats.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The main advantage of racing is that you can feel great while having a terrible time.

These amateurs are merely feeling great while having a good time. Any fool can do that!

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Editor said:

you are surprised that i'm critical? are you new? shoebox? shit, you are new. 

now kindly fuck off.

He's probably the one who got "sent" by the freeloader banging on pots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Editor said:

you are surprised that i'm critical? are you new? shoebox? shit, you are new. 

now kindly fuck off.

now that's our ED ,

 

welcome back :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, terrafirma said:

From the ED:  

Call me bitter,  but without question, I find this and all videos like it to be worthless, (especially the idiot on Sailing Doodles. Just saying that makes me want to punch him). They are obnoxious “look at me” vanity plays, incredibly annoying, not nearly as funny or interesting as they think they are, and to me, a complete and total waste of time. The once-hot girl in these videos is mostly the only reason people (dudes) watch. It surely isn’t because of her intellect.

Now, these sailing bums have managed to convince Rapido into (borrowing? lending? giving?) them a trimaran. The dude obviously called a bunch of builders to give them a boat to sail, and now they have one. Great promotion, I reckon, but what are the odds that this dope will tip this thing over?

The fawning over these two annoying Aussies is little more than the same slavish idiocy heaped on dumb “reality tv” shows, which is essentially what this is. Here’s a perfect example of the idolization, lifted from the comments from this video: “Riley drumming on the pots absolutely SENT me!”

Really? It “sent” you? A half-wit performing with the skill set of a monkey, banging on pots”sent” you? The only place you should be “sent” to is a mental institution. JFC.

However, props to these two for hacking the system to gain a ridiculously large following of idiots, and in the process, get a free boat.  If douchebags like Jake Paul can be rich and famous, I suppose almost anyone can. What a world.

 

Personally I don't like the fact they are asking for money but that's just me. If you watch the video you'll see they are going from a 50 Foot Cat (Outreimer) to a 60 Foot Tri - Rapido 60. They will be sailing with 2 kids (2nd on the way). I don't share Riley's reasons for choosing the Rapido because they have traded a huge amount of space for speed. In my eyes where do 2 kids run around? They have done enough sailing and live aboard to know what they want but I'm not getting it. Thoughts...?  

 

OK. Boomer.  Jealous much?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, markwbird said:

Jealous

really , shirely you jest joyce .

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like when Steve jobs dumped flash. Online space is split 

imagine being Knox Johnston and u r still alive to see sailing doodles 

My fave sailing couple would be moitessier and Klaus Kinski 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many of these idiots on youtube and they are all begging for money. I would rather give the guy selling dead flowers or old newspapers at the entrance ramps of L.A.'s freeways than any of them.

Most of them are getting free sails in exhange for glowing reviews from sail loft up in Victoria, Canada.

It appears that this loft is just as bad when I visited their site. How the fuck do they get away with this shit!?

Yeah, I know. Fuck off newbie.

CaptureB.JPG

Capture.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 2:08 PM, Norm01 said:

Makes me wonder why it was put on the front page...

Because the Editor is being driven mad with jealousy that the Riley and Elayna are making this work and are going to be global cruising on a freaking trimaran. And it's very hard to admit that they might have got to actually be pretty good sailors who know what they're doing, despite having bangs. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, robtoujours said:

 

My fave sailing couple would be moitessier and Klaus Kinski 

 

Great, now I don’t know whether my favorite boating movie is Aguirre or Fitzcaraldo. 
 

I have learned that Funny Games and Knife in the Water aren’t ideal first date films.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

There are so many of these idiots on youtube and they are all begging for money. I would rather give the guy selling dead flowers or old newspapers at the entrance ramps of L.A.'s freeways than any of them.

Most of them are getting free sails in exhange for glowing reviews from sail loft up in Victoria, Canada.

It appears that this loft is just as bad when I visited their site. How the fuck do they get away with this shit!?

Yeah, I know. Fuck off newbie.

CaptureB.JPG

Capture.JPG

Have you actually bought a sail from Precision?  Love to hear your feedback, if not don’t drag them into this shit fest. Good group of people who have made some nice sails for our boat. Cool that they bring you into the design process and they don’t carry the price tag associated with big 3. Got us up in competitive on my budget, so no complaints here. Haters gonna hate. 

I would love to sail the Rapido 60 too, they are going to have so much fun on that boat. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 5:41 AM, ROADKILL666 said:

the girl was hot till she opened her mouth.Can’t imagine being stuck on a boat with her and a baby.

Can't we keep this shit off of sailing anarchy.  It would be nice to have a sailing forum that didn't exclude 51% of the population.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Knife in the water is underrated tho not a date film unless you enjoy open relationships with lots of simmering tension and resentment 

It was kinskis fault Joshua was wrecked, apparently they were drinking ashore at the time

Blind millennials leading the blind was a reason Patrick Childress set up his channel (rip) apparently to counter the bad advice elsewhere 

Where will it all lead

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, E_Rock said:

Have you actually bought a sail from Precision?  Love to hear your feedback, if not don’t drag them into this shit fest. Good group of people who have made some nice sails for our boat. Cool that they bring you into the design process and they don’t carry the price tag associated with big 3. Got us up in competitive on my budget, so no complaints here. Haters gonna hate. 

I would love to sail the Rapido 60 too, they are going to have so much fun on that boat. 

Whether I have purchased a sail from these idiots is not germain to the conversation.

The thread is about these youtube money whores and Precision Sails rides sloppy second.

I find it rather amazing that no one bothered to look at the comparison chart I attached. This is blatant false advertising and if I owned a loft it would be taken down via request by me or my lawyer. The fucking gall to blatantly state they are better than any loft regardless of size is total bullshit.

Sail design? What a crock of shit. Who is their designer and what is his claim to fame? Sail design is science, not some fool supposedly sitting behind  PC and software regurgitating the same Catalina 30 design ad nauseum.

Furthermore, they imply their sails are made in their tiny mega-loft. Ugh, no they are made in China. 

Seems to me you bought into the lies. I am glad you are happy with your rags. But don't call my ass out for bringing up the reality of what they are and are not. It's fucking fiction.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Whether I have purchased a sail from these idiots is not germain to the conversation.

The thread is about these youtube money whores and Precision Sails rides sloppy second.

I find it rather amazing that no one bothered to look at the comparison chart I attached. This is blatant false advertising and if I owned a loft it would be taken down via request by me or my lawyer. The fucking gall to blatantly state they are better than any loft regardless of size is total bullshit.

Sail design? What a crock of shit. Who is their designer and what is his claim to fame? Sail design is science, not some fool supposedly sitting behind  PC and software regurgitating the same Catalina 30 design ad nauseum.

Furthermore, they imply their sails are made in their tiny mega-loft. Ugh, no they are made in China. 

Seems to me you bought into the lies. I am glad you are happy with your rags. But don't call my ass out for bringing up the reality of what they are and are not. It's fucking fiction.

It does germain, but I think you should get more angry and act like you know what’s up. I could go through and touch on each of your points and give you the name of the designer (not the sales rep like you work with at a big loft), but not worth it. You’ve made up your mind based on internet research and my experience won’t change that. I look forward to buying into their lies more on Wednesday night and celebrating with a beer.  Might even take some of the cash I saved and contribute it to some YouTube money whores.  Thanks for sharing your internet rant against some good people having fun. Cheers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 8:18 AM, Alex W said:

Can't we keep this shit off of sailing anarchy.

just where the fuck do you think you are ?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, E_Rock said:

It does germain, but I think you should get more angry and act like you know what’s up. I could go through and touch on each of your points and give you the name of the designer (not the sales rep like you work with at a big loft), but not worth it. You’ve made up your mind based on internet research and my experience won’t change that. I look forward to buying into their lies more on Wednesday night and celebrating with a beer.  Might even take some of the cash I saved and contribute it to some YouTube money whores.  Thanks for sharing your internet rant against some good people having fun. Cheers. 

Exactly how does one "germain"? Idiot.

1. One of their youtube whores wasn't thrilled with their "design" process and proceeded to rip them them a new one publicly. Vid is still online.

2. This is the same company that made the claim that they test all their sails in a wind tunnel! When you head over there for a brew, ask them to show it to them.

3. The owner of Precision had to publicly apologize on another large sailing site after they got caught for putting their logo via photoshop on many of the sails on their own website.

You obviously know shit about the design and construction of a sail. Are you saying companies like North and Quantum do not provide detailed designs and review them with the client prior to build?

Did you get one? If you did, I guaranty you had no clew as to what you were looking at.

I have no problem with discount sailmakers as a general rule. They provide a needed service for those that cannot afford North, Quantum, etc. With that said, I have no tolerance for any company that blatantly lies to its customers and pretends to be something it is not.

It is simply false advertising and should not be tolerated by an industry that is slowly dying an ugly death.

So go get your beer and while you are at it, a life.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Exactly how does one "germain"? Idiot.

1. One of their youtube whores wasn't thrilled with their "design" process and proceeded to rip them them a new one publicly. Vid is still online.

2. This is the same company that made the claim that they test all their sails in a wind tunnel! When you head over there for a brew, ask them to show it to them.

3. The owner of Precision had to publicly apologize on another large sailing site after they got caught for putting their logo via photoshop on many of the sails on their own website.

You obviously know shit about the design and construction of a sail. Are you saying companies like North and Quantum do not provide detailed designs and review them with the client prior to build?

Did you get one? If you did, I guaranty you had no clew as to what you were looking at.

I have no problem with discount sailmakers as a general rule. They provide a needed service for those that cannot afford North, Quantum, etc. With that said, I have no tolerance for any company that blatantly lies to its customers and pretends to be something it is not.

It is simply false advertising and should not be tolerated by an industry that is slowly dying an ugly death.

So go get your beer and while you are at it, a life.

 

I was wondering the same thing on germain when you had it in your original response to me, so who is the idiot?  I just tried to speak your language.  
 

Over the last 13 years I’ve purchased at least a sail per year from the North and Ullman lofts and can’t say I remember getting anything with regards to design. Definitely did not on the Genoa, jib, a-kite combo for the Choate 30 I had.  Maybe that’s on me for not asking, but was not provided.  
 

I am not a sail designer, but I am an engineer with 15 patents to my name. I know my way around the design and manufacturing process. I also know what I’m looking for in a sail and have been pleased so far with what I’ve received.  I can only speak to what I know.  You are entitled to your opinion. 
 

As far as life, I have a great one that  I appreciate which keeps me above getting angry about the insignificant things. Keep raging though. I’m sure all of your anger helps attract and retain crew that is talented enough to win races. 
 

Good luck on your quest to save the sailing industry from false advertisement and YouTube money whores. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 3:04 PM, E_Rock said:

Have you actually bought a sail from Precision?  Love to hear your feedback

I tried to for our local sailing co-op. Nothing fancy, just for a Catalina 27. But at least I know enough to ask what kind of cloth are you proposing and please send me a typical data sheet. "Well it could be X or Y, it depends" was their reply. WTF

I also saw the new genoa they sold (free? provided at a deep discount?) to Delos. It's shape sucked, right out of the bag. Something was wrong with that sail. It later failed in dramatic fashion maybe 6 months old. 

I too have nothing against mail order/offshore lofts, because the big guys are building their sails in low labour cost countries too. 

I don't think Precision Sails is terrible, but I wouldn't buy from them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, terrafirma said:

The once-hot girl in these videos is mostly the only reason people (dudes) watch. It surely isn’t because of her intellect.

I only ever read Playboy for the articles. And I only watched the short film 'Two hot schoolgirls get their shaven pussies destroyed in the gym' for the dialog.

Sadly it was all in German.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 11:56 PM, OneWorldSailing said:

Whether I have purchased a sail from these idiots is not germain to the conversation.

The thread is about these youtube money whores and Precision Sails rides sloppy second.

I find it rather amazing that no one bothered to look at the comparison chart I attached. This is blatant false advertising and if I owned a loft it would be taken down via request by me or my lawyer. The fucking gall to blatantly state they are better than any loft regardless of size is total bullshit.

Sail design? What a crock of shit. Who is their designer and what is his claim to fame? Sail design is science, not some fool supposedly sitting behind  PC and software regurgitating the same Catalina 30 design ad nauseum.

Furthermore, they imply their sails are made in their tiny mega-loft. Ugh, no they are made in China. 

Seems to me you bought into the lies. I am glad you are happy with your rags. But don't call my ass out for bringing up the reality of what they are and are not. It's fucking fiction.

A newbie with 3 posts flames a sail loft. Call me cynical, but I think you have a axe to grind.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I only ever read Playboy for the articles. And I only watched the short film 'Two hot schoolgirls get their shaven pussies destroyed in the gym' for the dialog.

Sadly it was all in German.

I'd gladly translate if you vould provide a link.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 6:56 AM, OneWorldSailing said:

Whether I have purchased a sail from these idiots is not germain to the conversation.

The word is "germane".  Idiot.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 7:28 PM, Cristoforo said:

Bullshit.  They were (are) selling ‘How To’ Sailing books a few years ago when they didn’t known their ass from their gollywobbler.  And their advise was loaded with bad and just plain wrong information. 
Likely when that failed he decided there was  more money focusing on being a half ass reality show with lots of crotch shot thumbnails. 
 

Fake it til you make it, baby!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Exactly how does one "germain"? Idiot.

1. One of their youtube whores wasn't thrilled with their "design" process and proceeded to rip them them a new one publicly. Vid is still online.

2. This is the same company that made the claim that they test all their sails in a wind tunnel! When you head over there for a brew, ask them to show it to them.

3. The owner of Precision had to publicly apologize on another large sailing site after they got caught for putting their logo via photoshop on many of the sails on their own website.

You obviously know shit about the design and construction of a sail. Are you saying companies like North and Quantum do not provide detailed designs and review them with the client prior to build?

Did you get one? If you did, I guaranty you had no clew as to what you were looking at.

I have no problem with discount sailmakers as a general rule. They provide a needed service for those that cannot afford North, Quantum, etc. With that said, I have no tolerance for any company that blatantly lies to its customers and pretends to be something it is not.

It is simply false advertising and should not be tolerated by an industry that is slowly dying an ugly death.

So go get your beer and while you are at it, a life.

 

Did a sailmaker bang your wife? Just stop your bitching and ask for a discount.

Send her around to the riggers next.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 8:35 AM, OneWorldSailing said:

There are so many of these idiots on youtube and they are all begging for money. I would rather give the guy selling dead flowers or old newspapers at the entrance ramps of L.A.'s freeways than any of them.

Most of them are getting free sails in exhange for glowing reviews from sail loft up in Victoria, Canada.

It appears that this loft is just as bad when I visited their site. How the fuck do they get away with this shit!?

Yeah, I know. Fuck off newbie.

CaptureB.JPG

Capture.JPG

Very misleading assumptions and making unsubstantiated insinuations!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, I'm glad I had popcorn to hand for this show.

This thread sure has released a lot of pent-up anger and resentment in SA's subculture of broflakes, especially those whose attitude to women was outmoded even in the stone age.

Poor buttercups.  A working-class couple is getting themselves a second great new boat, and that hurts the broflakes like hell.  Even worse, these working-class kids are in he money after a life of rent-seeing or wage exploitation or asset speculation/inflation, or the other conventional ways of accumulating large amounts of boat cash.  Nor did they spend decades as office serfs, plotting each step of their rise to the corner office with the potted plant. Nor are they even the product of some reality TV wizards.  No, these wicked proles built their own business, by living the ocean dream and bottling it for a global audience ... and they have been very successful at it.  Ouch.

To make it worse, they have grown as sailors, and have now clocked up many more sea miles than most of the angry broflakes whose 4ksb gets out of the bay only for the fortnight allowed by 10 days annual leave.

It shouldn't be allowed, should it?  Why won't these millennial proles accept that their place is asking us if we want fries with that, and thanking us for only doubling their extortionate rent?

I do hope that the broflakes feel better after their gestalt session.   But really, Editor, you should have put a trigger warning on the front page posting of this.  Some of those broflakes no longer have strong youthful hearts, and this much gestalt can lead to coronary gaskets blowing.  If you decimate these buttercups, we'll have to get zoos to create safe spaces for the remaining fragile macho boomers, and that will be expensive.

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, E_Rock said:

I was wondering the same thing on germain when you had it in your original response to me, so who is the idiot?  I just tried to speak your language.  
 

Over the last 13 years I’ve purchased at least a sail per year from the North and Ullman lofts and can’t say I remember getting anything with regards to design. Definitely did not on the Genoa, jib, a-kite combo for the Choate 30 I had.  Maybe that’s on me for not asking, but was not provided.  
 

I am not a sail designer, but I am an engineer with 15 patents to my name. I know my way around the design and manufacturing process. I also know what I’m looking for in a sail and have been pleased so far with what I’ve received.  I can only speak to what I know.  You are entitled to your opinion. 
 

As far as life, I have a great one that  I appreciate which keeps me above getting angry about the insignificant things. Keep raging though. I’m sure all of your anger helps attract and retain crew that is talented enough to win races. 
 

Good luck on your quest to save the sailing industry from false advertisement and YouTube money whores. 

While I don't agree with Oneworldsailing attitude, I have to agree with some of the points he makes 

Their comparison chart is a complete load of rubbish.

Its obvious looking at their facebook page that basic sail design knowledge is lacking. If you look up their linkedin profiles they have no previous sailmaking experience and their sail designer has a degree in music, so go figure. 

They used to buy sails from China Sail Factory and other OEM rebranding lofts, now they are involved with another small loft in China with the former China Sail Factory staff, but no sailmaker/sailor overseeing the work.

But this is the way of the world and they are not the only online sailmaker with questionable marketing tactics and they are certainly not the cheapest or the worst!!

As for La Vagabond, good on them for getting a free trimaran, and weren't they getting free sails from Doyle? 

 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumped into this thread and, having purchased a Precision sail recently, looked up the offending pictures and the apology from Precision.  Precision claimed in the apology that they used the pictures because they illustrated a particular type of cloth, and didn't intend to mis-represent someone else's product as their own.  Yeah, nah.  The optics of this are pretty bad.

I had to laugh at the comparison chart - they make it seem like it is a positive that they provide a measurement form and that the owner has to take their own measurements.  You have to go up the rig to do this properly for a mainsail.   I didn't mind doing that and I knew I would have to do this going in, but there are probably some people who don't want to.

Having said that, I saved over a boat buck on my sail vs. the major lofts, the shape and construction are fine for a coastal cruising boat, and time will tell how long it lasts.  I would not consider Precision for racing sails, I don't believe they have enough control over the final shape to be able to design the sail to suit the boat.  They are probably fine for offshore sails if you purchase the upgraded offshore construction option. 

Now if they would just send me the spreader patches they owe me...

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, no one is banging my. Not even me these days.

Do I have a grudge? Not really.

I bought a Pearson 424 ketch for a a couple of years of cruising and started to make my rounds for new sails. I requested a quote from these clowns and they advised that they could build the mainsail but their design software could not handle the mizzen!

I found the salesperson akin to a used car salesman. Beat up on every loft and was hell bent on upping the cost. In fact, their standard foot configuration is loose. Slides were a rather expensive option. A few days later, I received an email with a 10% discount if I finalized my order.

This is a dodgy bunch. Any company that claims they are bigger and better than the industry leaders is suspect best. Any company that uses photoshop to place their logo on another sailmakers sail reveals an owner with a total lack of integrity. And a company that publishes a comparison chart to deceive inexperienced consumers is fraud in this country.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OCS said:

Very misleading assumptions and making unsubstantiated insinuations!!!

The proof is right in front of your eyes. The only person making assumptions and insinuations is you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, E_Rock said:

I was wondering the same thing on germain when you had it in your original response to me, so who is the idiot?  I just tried to speak your language.  
 

Over the last 13 years I’ve purchased at least a sail per year from the North and Ullman lofts and can’t say I remember getting anything with regards to design. Definitely did not on the Genoa, jib, a-kite combo for the Choate 30 I had.  Maybe that’s on me for not asking, but was not provided.  
 

I am not a sail designer, but I am an engineer with 15 patents to my name. I know my way around the design and manufacturing process. I also know what I’m looking for in a sail and have been pleased so far with what I’ve received.  I can only speak to what I know.  You are entitled to your opinion. 
 

As far as life, I have a great one that  I appreciate which keeps me above getting angry about the insignificant things. Keep raging though. I’m sure all of your anger helps attract and retain crew that is talented enough to win races. 
 

Good luck on your quest to save the sailing industry from false advertisement and YouTube money whores. 

If you did not receive a design drawing from Precision, North and Ullman, then how would you know the shape and measurements of the sail?

I guess "engineers" can deduce this via osmosis?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

what happened to the "girl with bikini and patreon account goes sailing' thread, or whatever it was called? I guess nothing lasts forever.

 

UPDATE: lol forgot its in the cruising forum, we follow all these jokers there. LaVags deal with the Outremer was a lease, i take it the deal on this tri is similar:  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Ooh, I'm glad I had popcorn to hand for this show.

This thread sure has released a lot of pent-up anger and resentment in SA's subculture of broflakes, especially those whose attitude to women was outmoded even in the stone age.

Poor buttercups.  A working-class couple is getting themselves a second great new boat, and that hurts the broflakes like hell.  Even worse, these working-class kids are in he money after a life of rent-seeing or wage exploitation or asset speculation/inflation, or the other conventional ways of accumulating large amounts of boat cash.  Nor did they spend decades as office serfs, plotting each step of their rise to the corner office with the potted plant. Nor are they even the product of some reality TV wizards.  No, these wicked proles built their own business, by living the ocean dream and bottling it for a global audience ... and they have been very successful at it.  Ouch.

To make it worse, they have grown as sailors, and have now clocked up many more sea miles than most of the angry broflakes whose 4ksb gets out of the bay only for the fortnight allowed by 10 days annual leave.

It shouldn't be allowed, should it?  Why won't these millennial proles accept that their place is asking us if we want fries with that, and thanking us for only doubling their extortionate rent?

I do hope that the broflakes feel better after their gestalt session.   But really, Editor, you should have put a trigger warning on the front page posting of this.  Some of those broflakes no longer have strong youthful hearts, and this much gestalt can lead to coronary gaskets blowing.  If you decimate these buttercups, we'll have to get zoos to create safe spaces for the remaining fragile macho boomers, and that will be expensive.

Looks like someone is a bit smitten with Elayna. Or Riley maybe (NTTIAWWT). But either way, you go girl! Maybe next time they need a pro skipper to take them across an ocean they will call you.

Wait. Oh never mind.

But you keep hitting the paypal button in the meantime cupcake.

They certainly are a lot cleverer than you morons who pay for their 'lifestyle'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 4:33 AM, Mid said:

just where the fuck do you think you are ?

I know where am I.  It can always be better, and dropping the sexist and misogynistic bullshit would go a long way towards doing that.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Looks like someone is a bit smitten with Elayna. Or Riley maybe (NTTIAWWT). But either way, you go girl! Maybe next time they need a pro skipper to take them across an ocean they will call you.

Wait. Oh never mind.

But you keep hitting the paypal button in the meantime cupcake.

They certainly are a lot cleverer than you morons who pay for their 'lifestyle'.

Triggered much, buttercup?  Need your safe space?

I have never given any of the sailing vloggers a penny, and I don't much like either of these two let alone fancy them.

I was just responding to an extraordinary outpouring of hatred against them, which was laced with several dollops of overt misogyny.

But of course, it's entirely predictable that LB15's response is to simply invent motives for me, and make sexual innuendo.  That's the LB15 trademark style.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark Set said:

LaVags deal with the Outremer was a lease, i take it the deal on this tri is similar

No, they bought the Outremer with a loan.

If the Outremer was only on a lease, they wouldn't have been selling it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I don't much like either of these two let alone fancy them.

I was just responding to an extraordinary outpouring of hatred against them, which was laced with several dollops of overt misogyny.

So what triggered you petal? You don't like them, haven't given them a penny (well so you claim) and only rushed in to defend them to put down the Misogynists'?

'How very noble of you. Sniff sniff. Sounds like bullshit to me. 

I guess there are worse things than being captivated by a couple of grifting influencers, if it brings you joy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

No, they bought the Outremer with a loan.

If the Outremer was only on a lease, they wouldn't have been selling it.

You seem to know a lot about them for someone who doesn't "much like either of these two let alone fancy them." 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You seem to know a lot about them for someone who doesn't "much like either of these two let alone fancy them." 

I am not a huge fan of Covid-19, but I learnt a chunk about that too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

The proof is right in front of your eyes. The only person making assumptions and insinuations is you.

Actually my comments were about the graph showing the misleading assertions about sailmakers and their company set ups. I have spent 40+ years in the trade.

I was supporting your post :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwoLegged said:

I am not a huge fan of Covid-19, but I learnt a chunk about that too.

Well there you go. I didn't realise that China released 'Brows and 'Tash into the world to create economic instability throughout the western world.

You must have quite the fascinating life if you waste time 'researching' a couple of online attention whores that you don't even like...

What ever floats your boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So what triggered you petal? You don't like them, haven't given them a penny (well so you claim) and only rushed in to defend them to put down the Misogynists'?

I am not triggered at all, buttercup.  Just bemused by this thread's display of the rage of fragile male ego from some misogynist boomers.   The rage and fury of the OP is extraordinary, as are some of the posts that followed.

And no, I didn't "rush in".  I posted 5 days after the opening rant was posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

online attention whores

Get a mirror, buttercup.  Your aggressive, misogynist bullying persona here is the personification of "online attention whore".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I am not triggered at all, buttercup.  Just bemused by this thread's display of the rage of fragile male ego from some misogynist boomers.   The rage and fury of the OP is extraordinary, as are some of the posts that followed.

And no, I didn't "rush in".  I posted 5 days after the opening rant was posted.

You just rushed in then. 'fragile male ego' , 'misogynist boomers' . No you are not in the least bit triggered. And where is all this 'Rage and Fury' , all I can see is some people having a laugh at a pair of grifters. The only fury appears to be from you. And that may be from the dawning realisation that you will never get a girl that looks like her. Or him for that matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LB 15 said:

You just rushed in then.

No, I posted 5 days after the opening rant was posted.  I am sorry if that is unclear to you.

And of course, as usual, you play your usual card of trying to sexually belittle whoever you are replying to.  Are you as vile as this all the time? Or do you just troll when you are online?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

No, I posted 5 days after the opening rant was posted. 

And a further 6 times in the last hour. You must really have a thing for these two.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has exposed something, we can once again type GRIFTERS without getting censored.

Thanks ***********. I note the court case is the first result on Google when searching a combination of these three words.

 

Edited to add, guess you still cannot post naD sreyeM, backwards yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And a further 6 times in the last hour. You must really have a thing for these two.

No, buttercup, as you well know - I posted 6 times in the last hour replying to your trolling.

Your trolling would be much more effective if you tried to retain some credibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Your trolling would be much more effective if you tried to retain some credibility.

You think? Seems to be working just fine.

So what is your point? You are on a crusade to stamp out all examples of Misogyny (as deemed by you) on these boards are you?

Of course your definition maybe somewhat broader than others on here which may lead to some conflict. 

So to avoid further chafing of the Vag, perhaps you could simply fuck off to somewhere more suitable to your fragile sensibilities, little flower.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

If you did not receive a design drawing from Precision, North and Ullman, then how would you know the shape and measurements of the sail?

I guess "engineers" can deduce this via osmosis?

 

I can deduce the SA membrane is allowing more shit to pass than I am willing to accept on my side. I can also deduce that you are a hardcore racer only buying 3Di sails for your ketch. Impressive. I’ve attached an image from the Precision design file that included panel layout, materials, measurements, etc. I’ve received the Genoa and A-kite so far, and about to get the main delivered from the design file. Saved enough to strip the bottom and get some black widow put on, replace the lines, electronics, and new deck hardware in the last year working with their team.

Time for a mojito while I watch this week’s episode of Sailing La Vegabonde.

 Cheers. 
 

DAEF5A57-7576-4928-A221-B1B7DD69D1B9.thumb.png.a01a7326f192d51c9d46138a3b956767.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

So to avoid further chafing of the Vag

As I was saying, misogyny.

A characteristically crude and juvenile form of misogyny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The only fury appears to be from you. And that may be from the dawning realisation that you will never get a girl that looks like her. Or him for that matter.

That is almost as humorous as your homophobia jokes . .  

Which is to say not at all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

That is almost as humorous as your homophobia jokes . .  

Which is to say not at all.  

Morning AJ! How they hangin' Bro?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

So what is your point?

The point is that anyone who dares disagree with you is going to get cyber-bullied, 

by you and your equally pathetic sidekicks. 

Why cannot you just leave people alone who have done you no harm ?? 

Sir, you are a punk . .  

and you may quote me on that. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 You LBI ‘m a bit of a lurker here on SA . I find it to be very negative. Too bad as it does seem to have potential. You LB 15 seem to be a real obnoxious prick. Who are you? I am D Wayne Gorrie.  Google me. I actually sail. Did I just break  all the rules? Probably. You guys get to beak off and hide!

On 6/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, zenmasterfred said:

Thank you for your help, still tired of the blah, blah, blah and user unfriendly coverage.  Maybe the wonderful volunteers et. al. can do better next time.

Gotta give you credit. You are an obnoxious prick. You win!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, D Wayne G said:

You LBI ‘m a bit of a lurker here on SA . I find it to be very negative.

Yes, that is very unfortunate. There is a great deal of knowledge here on SA/PA, and even some wisdom, 

but trolls like LB seem to take great delight in making the place nearly intolerable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 5:52 AM, terrafirma said:

From the ED:  

Call me bitter,  but without question, I find this and all videos like it to be worthless, (especially the idiot on Sailing Doodles. Just saying that makes me want to punch him). They are obnoxious “look at me” vanity plays, incredibly annoying, not nearly as funny or interesting as they think they are, and to me, a complete and total waste of time. The once-hot girl in these videos is mostly the only reason people (dudes) watch. It surely isn’t because of her intellect.

Now, these sailing bums have managed to convince Rapido into (borrowing? lending? giving?) them a trimaran. The dude obviously called a bunch of builders to give them a boat to sail, and now they have one. Great promotion, I reckon, but what are the odds that this dope will tip this thing over?

The fawning over these two annoying Aussies is little more than the same slavish idiocy heaped on dumb “reality tv” shows, which is essentially what this is. Here’s a perfect example of the idolization, lifted from the comments from this video: “Riley drumming on the pots absolutely SENT me!”

Really? It “sent” you? A half-wit performing with the skill set of a monkey, banging on pots”sent” you? The only place you should be “sent” to is a mental institution. JFC.

However, props to these two for hacking the system to gain a ridiculously large following of idiots, and in the process, get a free boat.  If douchebags like Jake Paul can be rich and famous, I suppose almost anyone can. What a world.

 

Personally I don't like the fact they are asking for money but that's just me. If you watch the video you'll see they are going from a 50 Foot Cat (Outreimer) to a 60 Foot Tri - Rapido 60. They will be sailing with 2 kids (2nd on the way). I don't share Riley's reasons for choosing the Rapido because they have traded a huge amount of space for speed. In my eyes where do 2 kids run around? They have done enough sailing and live aboard to know what they want but I'm not getting it. Thoughts...?  

 

See how fast you can teach the kids to handle and navigate the boat, sit back, and ponder how old they really have to be to mix cocktails.

Link to post
Share on other sites