• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RedTuna said:

402.jpeg

Why are there never any ER stories about stuff being extracted from women?

I mean they have twice as many options for sticking stupid shit in themselves but you never hear about it.

May be an image of text that says 'I've found that if you tuck one part of your pant legs into your sock, people expect less of you.'

• Like 3

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Let's go to Stevie with the weather. FIR FIRST ALERT WEATHER HD KHARN Thunder only happens when it's raining. Duluth'

• Like 3

May be an image of text that says 'Chances I won't use the word fuck in a sentence today. None Also none, but in yellow'

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It pertains to all right wing "thought"

It takes an intellectually bankrupt mind to "think" that.  How about keeping your political bullshit in PA where it belongs.

It's been hotter than a crack pipe in Hunter Biden's bedroom here.

come and change it.png

• Like 3
12 hours ago, RedTuna said:

It takes an intellectually bankrupt mind to "think" that.  How about keeping your political bullshit in PA where it belongs.

It's been hotter than a crack pipe in Hunter Biden's bedroom here.

come and change it.png

What's the matter snowflake, are you angry at yourself for finally realizing your political ideology is a load of shit?

Oh and in case you didn't notice princess, Joe Biden is the president, not Hunter.

4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

What's the matter snowflake, are you angry at yourself for finally realizing your political ideology is a load of shit?

Oh and in case you didn't notice princess, Joe Biden is the president, not Hunter.

Take it to PA.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Take it to PA.

Well, MBL found this thread so it's a little too late now.  

By the way, your showing your bias by not admonishing @RedTunaas my political response was addressed to his political post.  You know, he made me respond, wasn't my fault.

39 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Well, MBL found this thread so it's a little too late now.  

By the way, your showing your bias by not admonishing @RedTunaas my political response was addressed to his political post.  You know, he made me respond, wasn't my fault.

In case you missed the sequence, his post was in response to SloopJonB's political post. If he hadn't called out SJB, I would have, but differently.

The proper response to political posts outside of PA is not more politics. You should be smart enough to know that, two wrongs and all. RT didn't force you, unless you utterly lack free will. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

In case you missed the sequence, his post was in response to SloopJonB's political post. If he hadn't called out SJB, I would have, but differently.

The proper response to political posts outside of PA is not more politics. You should be smart enough to know that, two wrongs and all. RT didn't force you, unless you utterly lack free will. 

At  one point I probably knew that the Tuna's response was in response to SJB but I was away from my computer for a few days so it undoubtedly slipped my mind.  

I was being obviously facetious about being forced, but not obvious enough I guess.  

I feel your pain but while I might disagree on people here with issues, I don't usually care about the structural issue of infiltration of PA into other threads.  It happens all the time.  You and others post the usual keep out thing and nothing changes.  I'm not going to worry about it unless it gets totally out of hand which it has hardly done so far in my opinion.  Of course I don't have to respond with comments of my own, and I often don't.  But sometimes I just feel compelled to do so.  As do others obviously.  Quite honestly I think there greasier fish to fry here but if it upsets you and others I certainly have to respect that opinion.  I will try to refrain from making political comments outside of PA out of respect for you and others.  I like generally like to get along with almost anyone.  However I doubt I will ever stop completely.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

At  one point I probably knew that the Tuna's response was in response to SJB but I was away from my computer for a few days so it undoubtedly slipped my mind.  

I was being obviously facetious about being forced, but not obvious enough I guess.  

I feel your pain but while I might disagree on people here with issues, I don't usually care about the structural issue of infiltration of PA into other threads.  It happens all the time.  You and others post the usual keep out thing and nothing changes.  I'm not going to worry about it unless it gets totally out of hand which it has hardly done so far in my opinion.  Of course I don't have to respond with comments of my own, and I often don't.  But sometimes I just feel compelled to do so.  As do others obviously.  Quite honestly I think there greasier fish to fry here but if it upsets you and others I certainly have to respect that opinion.  I will try to refrain from making political comments outside of PA out of respect for you and others.  I like generally like to get along with almost anyone.  However I doubt I will ever stop completely.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

Sorry, eh?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Sorry, eh?

Yeah, typical Canuck, always apologizing.

Just don't start shit like that, then you don't have to apologize!

2 hours ago, D.M.D. said:

70efe154_811a_4330_8185_7fc95f29e79f_a989b40d4dcf497e7f76e7abfbafa0eca996c8ef.jpeg.jpg

I think I worked with that asshole when he was my partner and we were learning to become lathe operators at the local GE plant in my hometown after I graduated from high school.  He came close to killing me a couple of times.  One time he took too large of a cut on a 3' long, 4" diameter piece of cold rolled steel spinning at about 600 rpm in the lathe.  When the spinning piece of steel started to go ka-chunk, ka-chunk and the carbide cutting tip shattered, I started to run and a few seconds later the steel came flying out of the lathe chuck and sailed right past where I had been standing.  That would have left a mark had I not moved.  The other time we were changing the several hundred pound 36'' chuck with a bridge crane.  We loosened up the chuck after we attached the braded steel cable from the crane to an eyebolt on the chuck.  I told him to tighten the slack so we could let the chuck loose from the lathe and set it on the floor.  He tightened it too much and I could hear the steel cable start to twang as the crane tried to pull up the large lathe which was securely anchored to the shop floor.  I yelled for him to slack the cable and he panicked and hit the up button again, and the steel strands in the cable started to snap and whip around, one by one.  I once again got out the danger zone and told him down, not up!  We got it lowered safely on the remaining strands of cable before the heavy chuck got completely loose fortunately.  I told our foreman to give me a new partner, this guy was trying to kill me.

17 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I consider any political discussions outside of PA as I would the nose of the camel under the edge of the tent. I will remain vigilant and if I see it, call it out. 

I remember when PA was a decent place, with spirited discussions amongst intelligent, sincere people. I used to have great, polite arguments with MoeAlpha, although we agreed on virtually nothing  we respected each other, became friends, he's done four Bermuda races on my boats, I've stayed in his home.

Some months ago someone tagged me in a post in PA. My visit was incredibly disheartening. The level of vitriol is simply disgusting, and the pigs there like it. 

PA is a sewer. I would prefer that the rest of the forums not follow suit. 

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1
4 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I consider any political discussions outside of PA as I would the nose of the camel under the edge of the tent. I will remain vigilant and if I see it, call it out. 

I remember when PA was a decent place, with spirited discussions amongst intelligent, sincere people. I used to have great, polite arguments with MoeAlpha, although we agreed on virtually nothing  we respected each other, became friends, he's done four Bermuda races on my boats, I've stayed in his home.

Some months ago someone tagged me in a post in PA. My visit was incredibly disheartening. The level of vitriol is simply disgusting, and the pigs there like it. 

PA is a sewer. I would prefer that the rest of the forums not follow suit. 

Yes, I have to pretty much agree with you.  Although so far the creep of politics here has been pretty stable.  If it gets out of hand, I would even complain probably.  I don't even go to PA anymore, I have little enough energy to get through the day, I don't need that shit. I don't have the time or the strength for it.

I think it's just an obvious sign of the times that civilized discourse is difficult to find nowadays.  It's not a good sign for the future.  I mean I grew up in the 1960s and 1970s with Nixon (And Nixon was truly evil in spite of the few good things he did.) and others and in many cases we could still discuss it rationally and politely.  I even read Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater and I actually could appreciate his intellect even if I disagreed with almost everything he wrote.  And it's funny that he was considered a far right radical in his day.  Johnson hurt him badly in the '64 campaign with his Goldwater wants to nuke the world 'Daisy' TV ad.  He would look like a moderate in todays world.

This has to be the most effective presidential campaign ad ever.  At least to those of us who lived through the Cold War days.  I think there are quite a few of us here.

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Johnson hurt him badly in the '64 campaign with his Goldwater wants to nuke the world 'Daisy' TV ad.  He would look like a moderate in todays world.

This has to be the most effective presidential campaign ad ever.  At least to those of us who lived through the Cold War days.  I think there are quite a few of us here.

Did you know that ad only ran once?

It got played on the news and talk shows and so forth but it was only run by LBJ's campaign a single time - apparently they stopped because of the blowback.

• Like 1

May be an image of text that says 'THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP IS SCREAMING WHAT THE FUCK imgflip.com'

• Like 1