May be a cartoon of 1 person and text that says '00000 00000 ๑ල၀0 Fල0e "LAST MONTH THEY WERE LOBOTOMIZING PUMPKINS, NOW THEY'RE SHOVING BREAD UP A TURKEY'S ASS. THIS PLANET HAS ISSUES, BERT."'

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be an image of text that says 'Be sure to bring up politics at Thanksgiving dinner. It's going to save you money on Christmas gifts. Follow me for more holiday tips.'

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

to be PA,     No president has the ability to manipulate the price of gas...   Russia and the Saudi's started colluding a few years back to drop the price of crude so low as to try and put the american crude industry out of business..    saudi's wanted the frackers gone to promote their oil,  russia was / is still pissed at sanctions against them..  

Yes and no. Demand is very inelastic, which just means that a small imbalance in supply/demand moves prices a lot. At the margin, a very petroleum unfriendly administration has meant fewer new wells drilled. Domestic oil supply is down 2 million barrels/day since 2019. (A lot of that was the COVID crash) 

But is anybody here to debate oil and gas economics? I think NOT!  Back to our regular programming! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

hmmmm, maybe things have changed, but in the 70s, Tallahassee couldn't hold a candle to Gainesville and I'd put Key West at a closer 2nd.. 

I’ve spent time in  gainesville and seen what comes out of Tallahassee.   You’d have to be drunk to stay in Tallahassee....

2 hours ago, On The Hard said:

Yes and no. Demand is very inelastic, which just means that a small imbalance in supply/demand moves prices a lot. At the margin, a very petroleum unfriendly administration has meant fewer new wells drilled. Domestic oil supply is down 2 million barrels/day since 2019. (A lot of that was the COVID crash) 

But is anybody here to debate oil and gas economics? I think NOT!  Back to our regular programming! 

The States have about the cheapest gas in the developed world.

Quit your whining.

Or sell your 3 1/2 ton truck and buy something reasonable.

Big job for a little lady stock image. Image of blue, wheels - 1959043

• Like 5

oh for fucks sake take it oil price anarchy or PA or some other goddam place. ....

May be an image of text

• Like 1
11 hours ago, P_Wop said:

bizcarscrash.jpg

that actually happened to me.  got a call at work one day from a guy who asked when i was going to take my vehicle in to be appraised...

me: what are you talking about

him: you know for that fender bender we were in last week

me: sorry buddy i wasn't in an accident

him: but you gave me your business card

me: you shoulda got his drivers licence

4 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

A black dog is a devil according to Mohammeds Islam. Allah hates black dogs.

For a sock puppet you must be an incredible amount of fun at dinner parties.

25 minutes ago, hobot said:
5 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

A black dog is a devil according to Mohammeds Islam. Allah hates black dogs.

For a sock puppet you must be an incredible amount of fun at dinner parties.

So,,,,, thissis deville musice??

I thick notte..........                      :)

• Like 2
8 hours ago, bmiller said:

Just don't play it backwards..........

If you do try, does one have to start with the 2nd disc first?

Asking for a friend..

7 minutes ago, Foreverslow said:

If you do try, does one have to start with the 2nd disc first?

Asking for a friend..

Yes, and you have to wait for it to climb back up the spindle so the first disc can play.

10 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

image.jpeg.0a72b8f5c8e42598c7de8fd55b3aebc9.jpeg

It’s all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sure, and it's all just fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

Or worse.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:14 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

to be PA,     No president has the ability to manipulate the price of gas...   Russia and the Saudi's started colluding a few years back to drop the price of crude so low as to try and put the american crude industry out of business..    saudi's wanted the frackers gone to promote their oil,  russia was / is still pissed at sanctions against them..  

You  are factually wrong about this, and I suspect that I know a bit more about petroleum economics than you.

To be fair, very few people let a lack of actual knowledge get in the way of having strongly held opinions on any given subject, sometimes myself included. You just happened to wander on to my home turf. 

Biden absolutely has the ability to lower gas prices by simply stopping the BLM from slow walking drilling and ROW permits on federal lands, a policy he instituted shortly after he was inaugurated. The sight of an American president begging the Saudis and Russians to increase production while he actively suppresses domestic production is hilarious to me, but I make money from it, so what amuses me should probably enrage others, who pay at the pump.

Please don't encourage him to  encourage domestic production. I'm getting some of the biggest run checks of my life, as I have a lot of minerals, working interests, and royalties, and now I'm getting paid $80/bbl instead of $35/bbl. Thanks Joe! :lol:

Back to our regularly scheduled amusement...

4 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

You  are factually wrong about this, and I suspect that I know a bit more about petroleum economics than you.

To be fair, very few people let a lack of actual knowledge get in the way of having strongly held opinions on any given subject, sometimes myself included. You just happened to wander on to my home turf. 

Biden absolutely has the ability to lower gas prices by simply stopping the BLM from slow walking drilling and ROW permits on federal lands, a policy he instituted shortly after he was inaugurated. The sight of an American president begging the Saudis and Russians to increase production while he actively suppresses domestic production is hilarious to me, but I make money from it, so what amuses me should probably enrage others, who pay at the pump.

Please don't encourage him to  encourage domestic production. I'm getting some of the biggest run checks of my life, as I have a lot of minerals, working interests, and royalties, and now I'm getting paid $80/bbl instead of $35/bbl. Thanks Joe! :lol:

avApELX_460swp.webp

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

What does “Black Lives Matter” have to do with this?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ajg6X0w_460swp.webp

That's pretty cool.  Brings the timescales required into focus.  Two hundred years earlier, the Dutch were buying oak timber from Denmark and Saxony.  Here's an interesting article on a Dutch ship that sank off the coast of Western Australia in 1629, its construction and age/source of wood.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0259391

journal.pone.0259391.g003.PNG

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:
8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ajg6X0w_460swp.webp

Expand  

Simmilare storrey frome Oxforde Uni in UK, Ille try finde it............              :)

Not the same story…. Just that it takes over 150 years to produce wood suitable for ship building:

https://whatsthepont.blog/2018/06/02/planting-oak-trees-to-build-future-ships-churchill-fellowship-post-6/