14 hours ago, hobot said:

not a Meme but, where else am I gonna post this?

this was the right place to post that LOL

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/21/2021 at 1:13 AM, SloopJonB said:

Love the comment from the guy who is responsible for the most vile, raving, toxic PUI in the place.

I thought there was about a 20 way tie at the top for that title.

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Hallway.png

I heard this as a joke"

The 3 phases of marital sex

I) every where asex:  you have sex everywhere in the house

II) bedroom sex: you have sex in the bedroom only

III) hallway sex: you pass each other in the hall way and scream FUCK YOU!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I thought there was about a 20 way tie at the top for that title.

You have to catch Wardodo in the small hours of Saturday to get the best stuff.

It can be awe inspiring.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

You have to catch Wardodo in the small hours of Saturday to get the best stuff.

It can be awe inspiring.

I'll never know, but can you please leave the name calling and personal attacks in PA, where they belong? 

Sling shit all you guys want in PA, but I cling to the belief that I'd enjoy sailing with both of you, perhaps even at the same time. :D

The last time I politely asked someone to take it to PA, i was told "fuck off and fuck you". Perhaps someday I'll learn. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I'll never know, but can you please leave the name calling and personal attacks in PA, where they belong? 

Sling shit all you guys want in PA, but I cling to the belief that I'd enjoy sailing with both of you, perhaps even at the same time. :D

The last time I politely asked someone to take it to PA, i was told "fuck off and fuck you". Perhaps someday I'll learn. 

Sorry, eh?

57 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

What a sadde thouht...... to actiualley saye and meane  "Mabey Ille reallize somedaye what assholles peopel our"

Ime am sorrey CL             :)

Nah. I still try to think the best of everyone. I'm a firm believer in the inherent goodness of people, and I don't let negative people determine how I behave. 

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Sorry, eh?

Nope. Not at all. I will always stand for civility in the non-PA forums. I really don't care what others think of me. I have the love and respect of the people who know me best. That's plenty. 

I tend to think that the people who sling the most vitriol in PA, on both sides,  have allowed themselves to be manipulated by those who seek to divide us for their own gain, when in fact we have so much in common and so many common goals. Simply put, they demonstrate by their name calling that they are intellectually weak. I don't have the dearth of heart to dislike the weak.

Plus, I'm staying up awaiting a guitar from Spain that is supposed to be delivered tonight.  It's a Nacho Banos, lefty 1954 Strat. You should google Nacho guitars, it's cult stuff. Billy Gibbons owns several Blackguard Teles, but plays a Nacho on stage. My life is magic, I spend my time being grateful, not angry.  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Nah. I still try to think the best of everyone. I'm a firm believer in the inherent goodness of people, and I don't let negative people determine how I behave. 

Nope. Not at all. I will always stand for civility in the non-PA forums. I really don't care what others think of me. I have the love and respect of the people who know me best. That's plenty. 

I tend to think that the people who sling the most vitriol in PA, on both sides,  have allowed themselves to be manipulated by those who seek to divide us for their own gain, when in fact we have so much in common and so many common goals. Simply put, they demonstrate by their name calling that they are intellectually weak. I don't have the dearth of heart to dislike the weak.

Plus, I'm staying up awaiting a guitar from Spain that is supposed to be delivered tonight.  It's a Nacho Banos, lefty 1954 Strat. You should google Nacho guitars, it's cult stuff. Billy Gibbons owns several Blackguard Teles, but plays a Nacho on stage. My life is magic, I spend my time being grateful, not angry.  

Damn, I thought I was doing well to put new strings on my Seagull. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

A British Seagull only needs one string.  But it wears out pretty quickly with all your attempted pulls to get that bastard motherless lopsided invention to fire.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Yanno, if you were a lefty I'd send you a Gibson Custom shop Les Paul, to play as you mend. Thinking of you.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ruminator said:

S'all good.  I'm believing you're more Boston and Las Vegas than Maui...

I'll let my parents know.  lol.

2 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

My method is to never go to PA. I cherish the honesty of this section of SA. The noise is lower and it is easier to sift through the posts.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Cedar top? 

Yep. I just finished setting it up again, sanded down the bridge a touch and took a slight bow out of the neck. I'm trying to get my fingers to stop yelling at me when I play it, but it takes a long time to build up those calluses again. 

3 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Yanno, if you were a lefty I'd send you a Gibson Custom shop Les Paul, to play as you mend. Thinking of you.

Thanks for the thoughts, CL. It's been a long time since I had an electric.

4 hours ago, P_Wop said:

A British Seagull only needs one string.  But it wears out pretty quickly with all your attempted pulls to get that bastard motherless lopsided invention to fire.

I was in Catalina and a guy on the boat next to me was yanking on one of those bastards. At one point he yanked so hard it came off the transom of his dink and plopped in the water. We were sitting in the cockpit with….of course cocktails……and watched the event with interest. He looked into the water and then looked over at us and said “good riddance” and rowed to the dingy dock…..happily. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

My life is magic, I spend my time being grateful, not angry.  

CL I love your optimism and your sense of gratitude. Rare characteristics these days. Let me know if you are ever back this way (Still waiting to return your hospitality!)

19 hours ago, Ishmael said:
22 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Thanks for the thoughts, CL. It's been a long time since I had an electric.

I can't go flinging guitars around but I could send you an amp, if you wanted.

I got a Strat this summer and after a good set-up and getting used to the neck, it's all I've been playing for the past couple of months.

- DSK

54 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I can't go flinging guitars around but I could send you an amp, if you wanted.

I got a Strat this summer and after a good set-up and getting used to the neck, it's all I've been playing for the past couple of months.

- DSK

Thanks for the offer, but amps are pretty easy to come by here, all I want is a small modeling amp. It would cost a fortune to ship one from there to here. I would like to come across a stunning deal on a Gibson ES-335, but they are priced like holy relics right now. Even the Epiphone knockoffs are close to a g-note.

12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Thanks for the offer, but amps are pretty easy to come by here, all I want is a small modeling amp. It would cost a fortune to ship one from there to here. I would like to come across a stunning deal on a Gibson ES-335, but they are priced like holy relics right now. Even the Epiphone knockoffs are close to a g-note.

You have good taste.

Pretty much every amp nowadays is a modeling amp, I've learned a lot in the past couple years. Even the relatively cheap ones are pretty good, and most of the retro-tube amps have a couple of DSP chips built into the controls. I've never been a tube snob so I replaced my classic Roland JC77 with a Quilter (which a tube snob friend mistook it's modelled "Blackface" for his '66 Fender).

Speakers (which are replaceable) and power stages are where the money goes in a good solid state amp. I'm a fan of the small Voxes (Voxii?) and recommend the DA5... Actually I love the DA10 but they are hard to find and I bought one only to have it sputter out on me.

That Seagull is almost certainly a pretty nice box, I had a Norman solid-top which I bet is very similar. Canadian made too!

- DSK

13 hours ago, Ishmael said:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=good+ES-335+clones

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Gretsch+Streamliner+G2622&irgwc=1&utm_source=Impact&utm_medium=intheblues&utm_campaign=Online Tracking Link&irclickid=QqJ28MzWoxyIUTH3YQU3s2oaUkG2hb0B3Ui%3A1U0

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

waxe schmaxe we wantne authenticitey!

cull the herd

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Why not this baby?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AS73TBC--ibanez-artcore-as73-tobacco-brown

Somehow (and I'm sorry to say this), I've never warmed up to Gretsches, to me they are one-trick ponies. The Rickenbacker is also kind of a one-trick pony but that trick is sublime. The 335 does everything (except Rickenbacker) although I actually think about getting a full hollow body or arch top jazz box.

Like this, a sister for your Seagull: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-kingpin

Want a cutaway? I do: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-cw-kingpin-ii

Sorry, I can't resist shopping with other peoples money

- DSK

6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Why not this baby?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AS73TBC--ibanez-artcore-as73-tobacco-brown

Somehow (and I'm sorry to say this), I've never warmed up to Gretsches, to me they are one-trick ponies. The Rickenbacker is also kind of a one-trick pony but that trick is sublime. The 335 does everything (except Rickenbacker) although I actually think about getting a full hollow body or arch top jazz box.

Like this, a sister for your Seagull: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-kingpin

Want a cutaway? I do: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-cw-kingpin-ii

Sorry, I can't resist shopping with other peoples money

- DSK

My wife likes red. Maybe she'd get me this one for Christmas.

image.png.0e9993269ee778a6d3331f044f4a3c0e.png

• Like 2

When I grew up in Pennsylvania, deer season always opened the Monday after Thanksgiving.  Schools, factories and businesses were all half empty on that day. It was a major unofficial holiday.  

Many people I knew had hunting camps in the nearby Allegheny National Forrest.  The hunting camps, ranging from a rundown shack or old camping trailers, to palatial edifices, are a sacred shrine and ownership passed on through the generations.  One of my uncle's built a camp that has been used by 4 generations of the family now.  To many, the heavy drinking, huge pots of chili or venison stew, poker games and talking shit were as important as bagging that big buck, in spite of the hangover.

(The scenery the color of the police car, and the uniform makes be believe that the photo below was taken in Germany, not the US.)

Deer.jpg

• Like 3