• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

waxe schmaxe we wantne authenticitey!

cull the herd

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Why not this baby?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AS73TBC--ibanez-artcore-as73-tobacco-brown

Somehow (and I'm sorry to say this), I've never warmed up to Gretsches, to me they are one-trick ponies. The Rickenbacker is also kind of a one-trick pony but that trick is sublime. The 335 does everything (except Rickenbacker) although I actually think about getting a full hollow body or arch top jazz box.

Like this, a sister for your Seagull: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-kingpin

Want a cutaway? I do: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-cw-kingpin-ii

Sorry, I can't resist shopping with other peoples money

- DSK

6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Why not this baby?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AS73TBC--ibanez-artcore-as73-tobacco-brown

Somehow (and I'm sorry to say this), I've never warmed up to Gretsches, to me they are one-trick ponies. The Rickenbacker is also kind of a one-trick pony but that trick is sublime. The 335 does everything (except Rickenbacker) although I actually think about getting a full hollow body or arch top jazz box.

Like this, a sister for your Seagull: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-kingpin

Want a cutaway? I do: https://reverb.com/p/godin-5th-avenue-cw-kingpin-ii

Sorry, I can't resist shopping with other peoples money

- DSK

My wife likes red. Maybe she'd get me this one for Christmas.

image.png.0e9993269ee778a6d3331f044f4a3c0e.png

• Like 2

When I grew up in Pennsylvania, deer season always opened the Monday after Thanksgiving.  Schools, factories and businesses were all half empty on that day. It was a major unofficial holiday.  

Many people I knew had hunting camps in the nearby Allegheny National Forrest.  The hunting camps, ranging from a rundown shack or old camping trailers, to palatial edifices, are a sacred shrine and ownership passed on through the generations.  One of my uncle's built a camp that has been used by 4 generations of the family now.  To many, the heavy drinking, huge pots of chili or venison stew, poker games and talking shit were as important as bagging that big buck, in spite of the hangover.

(The scenery the color of the police car, and the uniform makes be believe that the photo below was taken in Germany, not the US.)

Deer.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

May be an image of text that says 'Lead The Way Dog wanking -Dog & Cat visits -Including play, feeding & lots of TLC!! Contact Email'

About 160,000 results (0.50 seconds) 

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

image.jpeg.d96dcd5d98b3a9706d968939fd9fc9be.jpeg

A DOG walker was furious after a printing gaffe saw her touting a canine “w***ing” service. Pet lover Lucy Hignett, 19, has since been inundated with “disgusting” messages. She took out an advert for her Lead The Way firm in a parish magazine. But a typing error turned dog walking into “w***ing” and the ad went viral.Mar 3, 2020
1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

About 160,000 results (0.50 seconds) 

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

image.jpeg.d96dcd5d98b3a9706d968939fd9fc9be.jpeg

A DOG walker was furious after a printing gaffe saw her touting a canine “w***ing” service. Pet lover Lucy Hignett, 19, has since been inundated with “disgusting” messages. She took out an advert for her Lead The Way firm in a parish magazine. But a typing error turned dog walking into “w***ing” and the ad went viral.Mar 3, 2020

yeah, after I stopped laughing I googled it too 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, hobot said:

aqG9b9M_700b.jpg

You could smoke in a plane in the 70s and they were low altitude flights by current standards. I'll never forget watching everybody's drinks hit the ceiling during bad turbulence and drip back down on them, except for my dad's drink - no spills! Looks at me and says, "it's a sailor thing"...

Eastern Airlines flew 4 engine prop planes back then. I'm pretty sure I flew in one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_L-188_Electra

pln.jpg

22 minutes ago, Liquid said:

You could smoke in a plane in the 70s and they were low altitude flights by current standards. I'll never forget watching everybody's drinks hit the ceiling during bad turbulence and drip back down on them, except for my dad's drink - no spills! Looks at me and says, "it's a sailor thing"...

Eastern Airlines flew 4 engine prop planes back then. I'm pretty sure I flew in one of these:

pln.jpg

i was flying in Boeing 707's in the 60's,  we were at a pretty high altitude..

12 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i was flying in Boeing 707's in the 60's,  we were at a pretty high altitude..

How high?

Regardless, sorry, I was only single digits years old then. I wasn't fully versed in all things aviation at that time... nor had I flown on a jet as all panes had propellers to me! 

I flew on regional Eastern Airlines 4X prop planes in the 70s, that had a low altitude ceiling (cause they weren't jets!!)....

Congrats on your 707 fights at high altitudes.

Did you get a pin?

11 minutes ago, Liquid said:

How high?

Regardless, sorry, I was only single digits years old then. I wasn't fully versed in all things aviation at that time... nor had I flown on a jet as all panes had propellers to me! 

I flew on regional Eastern Airlines 4X prop planes in the 70s, that had a low altitude ceiling (cause they weren't jets!!)....

Congrats on your 707 fights at high altitudes.

Did you get a pin?

actually quite a few pins, and the stews were hot..    the smoking was bad, my siblings and I got good at aiming the air vents to keep it away...    I liked PanAM, but KLM served better food, BOAC, was so so...  the 707's used to have a lounge in the front of the plane

37 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

actually quite a few pins, and the stews were hot..    the smoking was bad, my siblings and I got good at aiming the air vents to keep it away...    I liked PanAM, but KLM served better food, BOAC, was so so...  the 707's used to have a lounge in the front of the plane

My aunt (who was very hot and previously a NYC fashion model) was a stewardess for Pan Am on the first transatlantic 707 flight.  She met Nicky Hilton on that flight and they dated for some time.  Apparently, except for attentive birth control practices, I came that close to being Paris Hilton's 2nd cousin, it seems.  (And maybe getting discounted hotel rates!)

She went on to much better things.

48 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I got my pins when I visited the cockpit!

Those were the days...

2 hours ago, Liquid said:

You could smoke in a plane in the 70s and they were low altitude flights by current standards.

Unless you only flew on short hops or feeder airlines I think you're confusing the 70's with the 50's.

The 70's were mostly 747's and the like for long distance and flew above 30,000.

I can remember being pissed at having to fly back from Europe in a DC8 in '76 - small, no movies, no nuthin but reading for 11 hours.

If somebody told me 30 years ago that I would spend my retirement in Poland, unable to do much of anything except post memes on a sailing forum full of assorted reprobates and miscreants, I would have been like "Yeah, sure bro.  Whatchyou been smokin' ?".  

Yet here I am.  :lol:

And here you go.

OCD nightmare.jpg

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Liquid said:

pln.jpg

My family took a flight back in the 70's and my mom booked the tickets on a "K fare" which was a discounted fare without a meal.  Saved $75 per ticket.  The guy sitting next to my dad asked why he didn't get a meal and my dad explained the K Fare and the guy looked down and said "I paid $75 for this?"

• Like 3
10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Unless you only flew on short hops or feeder airlines I think you're confusing the 70's with the 50's.

The 70's were mostly 747's and the like for long distance and flew above 30,000.

I can remember being pissed at having to fly back from Europe in a DC8 in '76 - small, no movies, no nuthin but reading for 11 hours.

It was the 70s and yes they were short hop/regional flights via Eastern Airlines. My example is Rochester, NY to Westchester, NY in loud, smoked filled and very bumpy prop planes. Clearly the end of life for the old birds.

50 minutes ago, Liquid said:

It was the 70s and yes they were short hop/regional flights via Eastern Airlines. My example is Rochester, NY to Westchester, NY in loud, smoked filled and very bumpy prop planes. Clearly the end of life for the old birds.

1981 and I am flying Northwest Orient roundtrip from DTW to MKE on a Convair 580  - 2X tubro-prop.  Big, wide seats, plenty of legroom and large, square windows.

NWO kept 580s in service until 1988 

56 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I think this was the end of life for them. :D

I think all the decent ones ended up here in Abbotsford being converted by Conair.

Throwing cold water on fires — General Aviation News

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

BZDpyKXz.jpeg

Oh look.  It's war turd.  Drunk yet today? 

Have you considered the guy alone in the car has his mask on because maybe he's a caregiver who transports seniors with compromised immune systems? 

If course you didn't.  Idiot. 

• Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Have you considered the guy alone in the car has his mask on because maybe he's a caregiver who transports seniors with compromised immune systems? 

That's one in a million.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, warbird said:
1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

That's one in a million.

How about he just came from a crowded store and is driving a short distance to another crowded store?

Seems like the only choices you can recognize are pussy and manly stupidity.

6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

He may or may not be drunk right now but in the morning he’ll probably be sober.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, tomorrow you’ll still be stupid.

lol

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Keeriste, you can't even plagiarize competently.

And you are no Snaggletooth….

And wait a feckin minute, didn’t you declare just yesterday that you had me on ignore.

Again!!!

lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Grrr... said:

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

How about he just came from a crowded store and is driving a short distance to another crowded store?

Seems like the only choices you can recognize are pussy and manly stupidity.

The level of "butt hurt" you to juviniles display is fucking amazing. Take your PA whining to PA. The other 90% of us are tired of your Karen BS.

• Like 1