I'm sure every digital watch in the 80s had a synchronise button...

You know, maybe it was 70s films, but i remember every watch had a 'synch' function.. So you could say 'synchronise watches' i guess..  And not be left put by those still on handwinders whose 'pin out' paused the second hand. 

Anyway, it suspiciously damn hard to find a synch button these days, isnt it? 

- Race timing cheapskate! 

I have never had a witch with a sync function.

but I do have a Regate Geneve Aquastar . My Dad bought it as a graduation present . I need a great repairman who can fix it right!!! 

• Like 1
On 6/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, Gouvernail said:

I have never had a witch with a sync function.

but I do have a Regate Geneve Aquastar . My Dad bought it as a graduation present . I need a great repairman who can fix it right!!! 

I had a Tissot Aquastar back in the late 70s .

Very similar setup , was a damn fine watch .

The only problem with it was it you had to do a quick reset it would restart the 10 minute countdown where as the new digital ones reset to the nearest minute .

23 hours ago, Borracho said:

My father’s timers. Simple to use. Difficult to keep dry.

2397058B-C375-4E14-8EC0-64DFE967FB3A.jpeg

I think my father had that very same one on the right almost 50 years ago.

2 hours ago, torrid said:

I think my father had that very same one on the right almost 50 years ago.

That is about the same here: 1960's.  Both still work. 

• 2 weeks later...

For dingy racing I'm using the Nautilytics compass/start watch combo.  There's a synch option if you're off on the 5 min gun so you can catch up at the 4 min warning 2 or 1 min.

For those of us who can't read a watch through sunglasses, (unless they are bi-focals/which I hate) it's nice to have a big countdown number at the mast base for easy reference and reading. 

However, nowhere near as cool as any of the watches posted so far....

On 6/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, RobbieB said:

For dingy racing I'm using the Nautilytics compass/start watch combo.  There's a synch option if you're off on the 5 min gun so you can catch up at the 4 min warning 2 or 1 min.

For those of us who can't read a watch through sunglasses, (unless they are bi-focals/which I hate) it's nice to have a big countdown number at the mast base for easy reference and reading. 

However, nowhere near as cool as any of the watches posted so far....

If they make the numbers big enough, other sailors can just read the time off of your boat.

1 hour ago, torrid said:

If they make the numbers big enough, other sailors can just read the time off of your boat.

If I thought other sailors were doing that off my timer, it would somehow become magically slowed by, oh I don't know, about 5-10 secs over the last minute:D

11 hours ago, torrid said:

Actually, (and interestingly enough) the last race I sailed with it the battery died 3 minutes into our start so I sailed the final two minutes with no timer.  I had my best start of the regatta.  I ended up setting up under the guy who was winning the event by a landslide and just went with him when he pushed the go button.

I have since upgraded to the latest edition of the device that you can plug in for charging as well as solar.