32 minutes ago, Schnappi said:

It was an ambulance.

Oops, Did not catch that. Sorry. I sure hope there was no patient at the back.

But looking at how fast police/sheriff cars arrive on the scene, I have a feeling the driver was not really legit.

Brings ambulance chasing to a new level, though.

1 minute ago, Laurent said:

Oops, Did not catch that. Sorry. I sure hope there was no patient at the back.

But looking at how fast police/sheriff cars arrive on the scene, I have a feeling the driver was not really legit.

Brings ambulance chasing to a new level, though.

It was a woman from Buffalo who stole it in Utica. 

It's amazing that she made it down the hill to the club. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2021/06/14/high-speed-chase-utica-to-rochester-ny-ends-ambulance-submerged-irondequoit-bay-newport-yacht-club/7678188002/

A high-speed police pursuit ended Sunday with a stolen ambulance submerged in Irondequoit Bay and a Buffalo woman facing numerous criminal charges.

Vanessa Armstead, 32, is being held in the Monroe County Jail on a $3,500 bail for the charges levied against her related to the pursuit and crash into the water.  State police have charged her with second-degree criminal possession of stolen property and two counts of second-degree criminal mischief, all felonies.

Utica police said she is also facing felony charges there for third-degree burglary and second-degree grand larceny, both relating to the theft of the ambulance.

Utica Police were called to Kunkel Ambulance around 10:30 Sunday morning for a report that an ambulance had been stolen from an open garage bay. After learning the vehicle was equipped with a GPS tracking device, State Police were able to locate the stolen ambulance on the New York State Thruway a short time later.

Troopers attempted to stop the stolen ambulance, both on the Thruway and later after it had exited onto I-490 and driven into the city of Rochester. Each time, police say, the operator refused to comply and the pursuit was terminated.

The pursuit would come to an end shortly after the driver encountered a traffic circle on route 590 in the town of Irondequoit and veered down a narrow dead-end street.

Witnesses said the vehicle came down Seneca Road at a high rate of speed, crashed through a locked gate, and then sped down a boat ramp into the waters of Irondequoit Bay. Dozens of boaters and families who were enjoying the sunny day at Newport Yacht Club witnessed the incident, which came to an end around 12:30 p.m Sunday.

Can you imagine pulling your Laser up the ramp only to hear a speeding vehicle and sirens off in the distance than all of the sudden this Ambulance comes racing down the ramp headed right at you with this crazy bitch behind the wheel. She didn't even slow down.

1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

Im sure she and Al Sharpton will be suing the club. Ben Krump's 
G4 has already landed in Rochester. 

You are a racist. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

There's no way a person continues in a police chase for an hour without some kind of mental impairment.  Maybe it was pre-existing, maybe it was from the accident the prior day, maybe drugs...maybe a combination of all three. Pitiful, but I'm glad no bystanders were killed or injured.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

It was a stolen ambulance and the end of a 100 mile chase including the NYS Thruway. Wow.  

They were also able to track her on the ambulance GPS  

Vanessa  Armstead. Lucky she didn't kill anyone at the club. Im sure she and Al Sharpton will be suing the club. Ben Krump's 
I nominate her for SCOTW!

vanessa.jpg

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

You are a racist. 

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

No more so than you a bigot.
And trust me, I am not letting Edith off lightly.

At Least Christo is telling the truth. Al is the racist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irrational 14 said:

Can you imagine pulling your Laser up the ramp only to hear a speeding vehicle and sirens off in the distance than all of the sudden this Ambulance comes racing down the ramp headed right at you with this crazy bitch behind the wheel. She didn't even slow down.

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/videos/280426253565996

This one came up Pacific Avenue, back in April.  I heard the sirens and the helicopters coming.  I opened the front door of my shop as the raced by.  I wondered why the Fire Department vehicle was leading the pack!  It wasn't until it came to an end that I found out that the Fire Department vehicle had been stolen and was being chased!  

And yet the racist Reich has all the simpatico and tolerance in the world . . 

for the Wall St. banksters who have ripped us off for trillions. 

I'll side with Rev. Al Sharpton any day of the week. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/08/05/209194252/15-years-later-tawana-brawley-has-paid-1-percent-of-penalty

THIS Al Sharpton?  The one who did this much damage to Race Relations?  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, silent bob said:

THIS Al Sharpton? 

Notice the tactics of the Reich . . they play the race card here by raising the specter of Rev Al, 

but when we call them on it, we are the racists. 

It is a dumber than dumb argument that they make all the flippin' time. 

(For the record, I think the Rev made a serious error re Ms Brawley, but it is sure 

funny how the Reich gets all riled up about that, while ignoring 30,000 lies from TFG.) 

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Notice the tactics of the Reich . . they play the race card here by raising the specter of Rev Al, 

but when we call them on it, we are the racists. 

It is a dumber than dumb argument that they make all the flippin' time. 

(For the record, I think the Rev made a serious error re Ms Brawley, but it is sure 

funny how the Reich gets all riled up about that, while ignoring 30,000 lies from TFG.) 

YOU are the one who brought up the RACIST Al Sharpton!  This Man of God had done way more damage than good!  

1 minute ago, silent bob said:

YOU are the one who brought up the RACIST Al Sharpton!  

Totally wrong, the Rev. was brought up here by @Cristoforo  not me. 

He wrote . .   "Im sure she and Al Sharpton will be suing the club. " 

How about an apology ?? 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Totally wrong, the Rev. was brought up here by @Cristoforo  not me. 

He wrote . .   "Im sure she and Al Sharpton will be suing the club. " 

How about an apology ?? 

I'm sorry that you idolize a Racist Pig!  How's that for an apology?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, silent bob said:

How's that for an apology?

Once more demonstrating that facts have a progressive bias. 

13 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Has it been a long time between blowjobs Professor?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

word.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

you guys just showing how little you know about Rev Al.    

This I would agree with.

The right Reverend Al Sharpton is a shakedown artist. The leverage he uses is the angst and anger of his community. Al benefits while his community continues to suffer.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

This I would agree with.

The right Reverend Al Sharpton is a shakedown artist. The leverage he uses is the angst and anger of his community. Al benefits while his community continues to suffer.

This is exactly what some people said about MLK. Have we gotten nowhere in 50+ years?

Getting back to the original post, what would make a person want to steal an ambulance?  Its not like a rolling pharmacy with lots of meds aboard and definitely not something that would go unnoticed in the general flow of traffic.  

1 hour ago, Israel Hands said:

This is exactly what some people said about MLK. Have we gotten nowhere in 50+ years?

Apparently you know little of The Reverend Sharpton beyond the color of his skin.
He is not one of God's clarion of the people he purports to represent. He, at best, is a shill

1 minute ago, Cristoforo said:

You get schooled on  a moronic comparison you brought to the table

No, when I see rants that are obviously rooted in racist attitudes, and realize that the posters' minds are made up, then I'm out.

Goodbye.

1 hour ago, Santana20AE said:

Getting back to the original post, what would make a person want to steal an ambulance?  Its not like a rolling pharmacy with lots of meds aboard and definitely not something that would go unnoticed in the general flow of traffic.  

Well, at least, with an ambulance (or a fire truck, or a police car), you can turn on the sirene and the lights and get the traffic in front of you the fuck out of the way, hoping to escape the chasing cops.

I would not go all the way to calling that a smart move, though...

• Like 1
On 6/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, AJ Oliver said:

You are a racist. 

And you a politically correct douche

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jesposito said:

And you a politically correct douche

Next you will be accusing me of imposing Critical Race Theory with a dollop of Sharia Law. 

56 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Ask Israel Hands if MLK had a sweet jet like this 

The lying Reich is nothing if not duplicitous in its racism. 

That jet does not belong to the Rev, he is an occasional guest on it. 

Of course the Reich is just fine with the Drumph, hedge funders, banksters and assorted corporate overlords 

owning private jets. 

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Laurent said:

Well, at least, with an ambulance (or a fire truck, or a police car), you can turn on the sirene and the lights and get the traffic in front of you the fuck out of the way, hoping to escape the chasing cops.

I would not go all the way to calling that a smart move, though...

Thats a good point but its not always true.

Our son was a junior in high school.  A nationally ranked water skier, an honor student in his high school and a fellow who all his life dreamed of being a Military pilot.  We had him working on his private pilots license to get him a head start for aviation curriculum at LA Tech.  Two days before he was to solo, I had taken the day off (its was my best friends birthday and the fifth anniversary of the completion of our home so he and I were going to celebrate.) This may have saved his life.  

As he was getting ready to go to school, I heard him holler out, “What is wrong with my lift arm.”  I went to his room to find him in the midst of a grand mal seizure.  So much for flying.  (At least we all thought but found it was induced by a prescription of cypro.)  

There jsut happened to be a fisherman in his boat at the end of our boat dock.  I yelled out asking him if he could stand up at the road to direct the ambulance.  He graciously did so.  

I rode in the front seat of the ambulance to the hospital in Ruston.  

On the main road in Jonesboro, in the passing lane, an older gentleman would not pull over to let the ambulance pass.  We had to ride behind him for several minutes at speeds well below the posted speed limit.  The ambulance driver explained that it was strictly against the law for him to pass on the right regardless of the situation.  Lights and siren would not get him to move until he finally turned off onto a side road apparently going to his destination.  

I apologize for this long discourse.  This occurred in 1999 I remember it like it was yesterday.  Of course, another point, maybe this will finally put an end to the constant bickering over who is and who is not a racist.  

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

The lying Reich is nothing if not duplicitous in its racism. 

That jet does not belong to the Rev, he is an occasional guest on it. 

Of course the Reich is just fine with the Drumph, hedge funders, banksters and assorted corporate overlords 

owning private jets. 

Why does anyone who disagrees with you have to be a Trump supporter? I disagree with virtually everything you say yet I will dance in the streets when I here that cunt Trump is dead.  I have no problem with successful people buying their own private Jet, superyacht or trophy bride a new set of cans for that matter. Why do you care what other people do with their own money? You seem to have a real problem with those that have created wealth. Just because you made fuck all during your life doesn't mean you have to hate on those that did. But hate appears to be the cornerstone of your existence. Tell me, are you the only non evil, middle aged white person on earth?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Why does anyone who disagrees with you have to be a Trump supporter?

Because AJ IS NEVER WRONG.

Get with the program.

And, BTW, the California coast is the most dangerous coast for small vessels anywhere on the planet. Just ask AJ.

FKT

The ambulance would have sunk at least five times faster off California.  Another danger for the Golden Goose and AJ's mates.

On 6/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, AJ Oliver said:

I may have to use this one.  Even the facts are biased.  I do miss Kellyanne.

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Why do you care what other people do with their own money?

It was the racist Reishista above who raised the issue of the jet, not me - he was really bothered apparently that a black guy was riding on it. 

See above @Rasputin22

Keep working on your reading comprehension. 

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

It was the racist Reishista above who raised the issue of the jet, not me - he was really bothered apparently that a black guy was riding on it. 

See above @Rasputin22

Dang, you're telling me I am a racist???

And all this time, my Quaker ancestors assisting run-away slaves and hiding them in our Friends Meeting House as they made their way to freedom north of the border.
Not to mention my Father, his Brothers and Sister being raised by a black  couple.

It isn't what you think you know AJO, it is the scope of what you are absolutely clueless on that makes you so special.

• Like 1

But did the Club ever collect the five bucks launch fee?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

I think if you research Rev Al you will find its not his money he's spending 

Maybe it's the white cops fault she drove the ambulance into the lake because they were chasing her in an ambulance she stole.

Makes sense the cops should be put on leave with no pay.

That what Big Al would say 

39 minutes ago, jesposito said:

Maybe it's the white cops fault she drove the ambulance into the lake because they were chasing her in an ambulance she stole.

Makes sense the cops should be put on leave with no pay.

That what Big Al would say 

I don't think you understand how equity works.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

See above @Rasputin22

AJ,

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. The meme I posted does not state that Sharpton is the owner of the private jet. You could use some work on your comprehension, reading and otherwise...

21 minutes ago, gnatman said:

Could’ve been a funny thread but angry loser up top saw a black person and couldn’t help but go on a racist rant. Sweet website y’all got here.

At 4 posts, you are likely a sock for somebody, but if you are a real newbie then you need to bone up on cause and effect. Below is the rant that triggered this "discussion." TBH I don't give a rat's ass about what you guys think, what AJ thinks, or anybody thinks - think whatever you want. But stop playing this turn-everything-around kindergarten game.  If you deal in stereotypes, then own them. 

On 6/15/2021 at 10:53 AM, Cristoforo said:

It was a stolen ambulance and the end of a 100 mile chase including the NYS Thruway. Wow.  

They were also able to track her on the ambulance GPS  

Vanessa  Armstead. Lucky she didn't kill anyone at the club. Im sure she and Al Sharpton will be suing the club. Ben Krump's 
I nominate her for SCOTW!

vanessa.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, quod umbra said:

And all this time, my Quaker ancestors assisting run-away slaves and hiding them in our Friends Meeting House as they made their way to freedom north of the border.

Richard Nixon was a Quaker too, and a racist. 

1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

AJ,

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. The meme I posted does not state that Sharpton is the owner of the private jet. You could use some work on your comprehension, reading and otherwise...

You posted a photo that you thought would generate animus toward the Rev. 

What is so wrong with black folks boarding jets ?? 

10 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You don't have a clue to what I thought! I am thinking that you are an asshole, do you feel me now?

Is your reading comprehension capable of understanding this statement? 

Did I say anything negative about blacks folks (that term sounds a bit racist to me) boarding jets?

How about this photo? Black AND a woman and she will be in command!

Madeline Swegle becomes Navy's first Black female fighter pilot

2 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

You don't have a clue to what I thought! I am thinking that you are an asshole, do you feel me now?

I am thinking you are deflecting because you got caught. 

10 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Caught? You are the one deflecting here, right into my ignore list. You may feel honored that you are the first to earn that distinction.

41 minutes ago, gnatman said:

I am new, and that’s the rant i was talking about 

Oops then I misunderstood.

Bottom line here is - if you make a mistake and say or write something that is inappropriate or over the line, why not just own it? Or take a break? But don't double down on it.

I think everyone here is intelligent enough to know that they couldn't show this thread to any black acquaintance they had, without that person knowing what it represents.  That's it - the long and short of it.

22 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I do think that Al Sharpton deserves animus for being such a hypocrite and citizen. If he paid his taxes and quit ripping off his own 'people' or folks as how like to call them, I could care less if he travels on a private jet and whether it is owned by him or one of his cronies.

I am a bit disappointed that Tyler Perry chooses to hang with such bottom feeders. 

anons diggz on Tyler Perry owning the private jet in Sharpton vid - (We)  Are The News

image.png

4 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

I do think that Al Sharpton deserves animus for being such a hypocrite and citizen. If he paid his taxes and quit ripping off his own 'people' or folks as how like to call them, I could care less if he travels on a private jet and whether it is owned by him or one of his cronies.

I think the concern here is that Al Sharpton is being used as a added noise factor. 

Is he a tax cheat, yes, but the meme and his being brought into this thread at all has nothing to do with that. If this was a thread about tax cheats there are plenty of those to refer to, many of them are not African American, many of them are not used in internet memes that reinforce negative stereotypes. If we are discussing tax cheats let's bring in a few more names and not just focus on one of them, and add some animus for all the others (including apparently many private equity firms, who despite whistleblower complaints are still seldom audited..) Let's spread the anger around a bit so it doesn't look like we only care when African Americans cheat on their taxes.

Al Sharpton's name got brought into this thread here:

On 6/15/2021 at 9:53 AM, Cristoforo said:

Im sure she and Al Sharpton will be suing the club.

Why? How is this relevant to anything? What exactly is Cristoforo trying to say here? How is this not a negative stereotype being propagated for no good reason? How about we stop doing this kind of stupid shit.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JohnMB said:

How about we stop doing this kind of stupid shit.

This is SA you are talking about . .  

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Richard Nixon was a Quaker too, and a racist. 

What life must be like for you? Living life devoid of logic and reason, confined only to your limited tunnel vision.... you are the epitome of a bigot.

10 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

What life must be like for you? Living life devoid of logic and reason, confined only to your limited tunnel vision.... you are the epitome of a bigot.

Real Quakers do not fall back on name calling. 

I made a clear point above about how the photo of Rev Al was inappropriate and racist. 

You can choose to agree or not - it is up to you. 

12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I made a clear point above about how the photo of Rev Al was inappropriate and racist. 

You can choose to agree or not - it is up to you. 

In what alternate reality do you live where it is your domain and yours alone to define others?

2 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

In what alternate reality do you live where it is your domain and yours alone to define others?

2 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

1964 Quaker Oats Vintage PRINT AD Classic Breakfast Cereal Art Logo 1960s |  eBay

3 minutes ago, Parma said:

fb_image-7037.jpeg.b9019cc8e30a28c0c820ca4b8deb89c2.jpeg

As long as you are aware that this is an unfortunate commentary on what happens does when equity is improperly applied rather than the objective of equity.

I would hope that we are capable of aiming for something better rather than just disparaging an idea because we can't always get it right.

4 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

I think everyone here is intelligent enough to know that they couldn't show this thread to any black acquaintance they had, without that person knowing what it represents.  That's it - the long and short of it.

To me this thread represents how everything in America is now seen through a racial prism: if you see something as racial you are obviously a racist but if you don't see something as racist that also means you are a racist.

2 minutes ago, JohnMB said:

As long as you are aware that this is an unfortunate commentary on what happens does when equity is improperly applied rather than the objective of equity.

I would hope that we are capable of aiming for something better rather than just disparaging an idea because we can't always get it right.

Yes, agreed, we do seem to get stupid results from noble efforts more often than not.

26 minutes ago, Parma said:

Yes, agreed, we do seem to get stupid results from noble efforts more often than not.

But that should not be a reason to abandon noble efforts. If we can find better ways to do stuff we should at least try.

Lets face it the US 'tried' slavery for over 80 years and that was clearly not a noble effort and had horrific rather than stupid results. We should allow ourselves the luxury of trying some things that may not work out but are at least directed in an appropriate direction.

43 minutes ago, blunted said:

So does equity mean we all have to park our Ambulances in the bay?

What do you think?

4 minutes ago, JohnMB said:

What do you think?

Is that allowed???!!! I thought we all had to follow the directives of the socio-econ political dictators

9 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Shirley you jest . .  the Reich defines all progressives as totalitarian commies  . . . 

every day, all day

13 hours ago, Parma said:

To me this thread represents how everything in America is now seen through a racial prism: if you see something as racial you are obviously a racist but if you don't see something as racist that also means you are a racist.

I think you mean well by that, but the result of a statement like that is to jumble all sides together like they are the same. Look, I'm not a soapbox kind of person. But the original offending post was a classic racial stereotype and was intended to be.  There wasn't any reading "something into nothing" on this one, so let's not pretend. 

And I keep coming back because I hope (maybe stupidly) that @Cristoforo and others might just say to themselves "yeah, I get why a black reader might be offended by that." You don't have to post it, just recognize it. But instead people are doubling down on it and spraying bullshit.  And I'm not progressive, not a liberal, not into politics anyway, definitely not a saint myself. Some things just get over the line though.

3 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

But the original offending post was a classic racial stereotype and was intended to be.  There wasn't any reading "something into nothing" on this one, so let's not pretend.

Now there's the crux. You and "Professer Al", assert the intention of another person, use that subjective judgment to condemn them, and label with convenient loaded tags.

That Sharpton has made a nice living off exploiting and inflaming racial tensions is rather well documented.

Whether he has delivered value beyond his personal enrichment is debatable. The attention he brings may be positive, the destruction from his exhorting violence not so much. Giving him a pass because you presume his intentions to be "noble" is equally specious as assuming someone criticizing him is prima facia a racist.

It's nonsense such at this that are classic tactics to shut down useful discussion, most folks learned them in their early years, and most stopped using them after middle school.

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Shirley you jest . .  the Reich defines all progressives as totalitarian commies  . . . 

every day, all day

LOL, nonsense.
For the record, I do not see all "progressives" as totalitarian commies.  I see three distinct groups that make up the left.
1. Well meaning individuals who think society should help the less fortunate. (I fall in this group but strongly disagree with how that help should be undertaken).
2. People who fancy themselves as well meaning but are shallow as pools of spit and insincere. Their liberalness more about assuaging their own guilt.
3. Power hungry redistributionists who trade taxpayer monies for votes and/or support of their special interest projects.

Must have been something being one of your students. Intellectual curiosity and expression constantly depressed in favor of your political views.

28 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

That Sharpton has made a nice living off exploiting and inflaming racial tensions is rather well documented.

But the post wasn't about Sharpton. And you are just being silly.

This time I'll really leave you kiddies to play in the pig pen you've created with this one.

1 hour ago, Israel Hands said:

And I keep coming back because I hope (maybe stupidly) that @Cristoforo and others might just say to themselves "yeah, I get why a black reader might be offended by that." You don't have to post it, just recognize it. But instead people are doubling down on it and spraying bullshit.  

I have the same hope, which is why I post on such subjects. 

Ignoring racism will not make it go away. 

15 hours ago, Parma said:

if you see something as racial you are obviously a racist

This is totally wrong, and anything but obvious. 

It is an erroneous doctrine foisted on us by the Reich to obscure racism. 

Don't believe it. 

Important science work being done here about emergency vehicle flotation and wave propagation. 

Some data about adrenalin-pumped LEOs and problem solving with regard to choosing the dock that gets them closer to the floating vehicle.

Water access issues are also getting solved on the fly.