Active J80 Forum anywhere?

Hi,

We just started racing a J/80 w/ three 16 year olds and a couple of old guys (dads).

I thought I would find a ton of online info, discussion, used equipment etc..., but I really haven't found much.

Can anyone point me to something that I might be missing?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Check out the Austin Yacht Club J-80 fleet Facebook group. Anything J-80 is welcome there. Mostly it is  about what that 35 boat  fleet is doing. Not a lot of questions/ answers currently but they LOVE answering questions. 

In general you are correct, not a whole lot out there.   Tuning guides from the sailmakers can often be helpful with sail trim and even some have some crew work tips in them also.

There are a few good J/80 guys in this forum so if you have specific questions, post them in this forum.

good luck

Brian

USA 1001

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a parts supplier for a French built J/80, rudder pintles, gudgeouns and pins. So far both J Boats and Vela Sailing have been useless. 

Thanks, 

TQ

My english is not good enough to understand what parts you are talking about, but the previous owner of my boat, (french made no234) milled a teeny fraction of the hole on the parts that are on the transom of the boat and placed a standard SKF plastic bushing called "PPMF 121412". I put new ones in when needed before the boat goes on the water, and have (almost) no play in the pin/transom thingy 

PPMF 121412 - Bushings | SKF 

PPMF 121412 - Bushings | SKF 

My box has 25 in it so I do not know how easy they are to find but they seem to be a standard part