Getting tough with the anti-vaxxers

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

And smokers, and drinkers, and the lazy. But mostly the fucking idiots who still can't wear a mask right.

I am with you on all of that.  Presuming you mean the the right way to wear a cloth mask is to not wear one!  Or to wear an N95 respirator (correctly). 

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Astra Zeneca, maybe 1 in 2 million from a blood clotting reaction. More common with younger people than older so the older you are, the less chance. Other than that, no. I've got science and IT d

I think this article puts it quite succinctly. OH MY FUCKING GOD, GET THE FUCKING VACCINE ALREADY, YOU FUCKING FUCKS https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/oh-my-fucking-god-get-the-fucking-vac

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Wess said:

Presuming you mean the the right way to wear a cloth mask is to not wear one!

WessGrimReaper.png.0a37450f89e4d16172e3c979a5794751.png

53 minutes ago, Wess said:

I am with you on all of that.  Presuming you mean the the right way to wear a cloth mask is to not wear one!  Or to wear an N95 respirator (correctly). 

no Wess, I am being ridiculous, like you. the thought of denying anyone health care is fucked.

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

no Wess, I am being ridiculous, like you. the thought of denying anyone health care is fucked.

Hey on a serious note I absolutely agree. But you might want to note its you LWNJs that are proposing EXACTLY THAT simply becaue somebody decided to not get vaccinated.  Bunch of dumb scared pussies with the brains of a flea.

8 minutes ago, Wess said:

Hey on a serious note I absolutely agree. But you might want to note its you LWNJs that are proposing EXACTLY THAT simply becaue somebody decided to not get vaccinated.  Bunch of dumb scared pussies with the brains of a flea.

jfc.... Wess, Ive read a bunch of your stuff over the years, and as a fellow multihuller felt a certain .....kinship. but fuck man, you have to be kidding. give your fucking head a shake and quit being an idiot.

You all STILL taking Wess seriously. He has admitted over and over that he is a troll.

32 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

You all STILL taking Wess seriously. He has admitted over and over that he is a troll.

Well, now that I know he's a multihull guy, that explains a LOT.

FKT

• Like 1

Vaccination rates picking up again in the US, especially in the south. Seems not everyone who did not get vaccinated already is a complete idiot, however most probably don't understand it will take at least five or six weeks for them to have real protection and the current Delta wave will have peaked by then. Oh well, better late than never.

As the vaccine has a useful life of around 6.5months, you guys realize the re-vaccination rate will have to remaining high *forever*, right?

Every day, hundreds of millions of people's vaccine protection decreases.
So, if you aren't even re-vaccinating those people... the total population protected is decreasing.
Day by day, hour by hour.

Every six months, you'll be lining up to get stuck with a needle.
Forever.

... instead of putting my gun on the ground and kneel, waiting to be shot, I'd rather keep up the fight. If that means to get an annual booster shot, I'm fine with that.

I even did my Tetanus refreshers, every ten years or so. Did you?

9 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, now that I know he's a multihull guy, that explains a LOT.

FKT

You clearly know nothing LOL.

10 hours ago, TheDragon said:

I am happy to have a serious honest discussion if one is to be had. But that is not possible here. You guys troll to the left and I have fun trolling to the right.

10 hours ago, basketcase said:

jfc.... Wess, Ive read a bunch of your stuff over the years, and as a fellow multihuller felt a certain .....kinship. but fuck man, you have to be kidding. give your fucking head a shake and quit being an idiot.

And this is what I mean about a serious discussion can’t be had. I mean good God man go back and read. You say nobody should be denied healthcare. If talking seriously I absolutely agree with you. And if you were serious you would agree that idea came from your side when yet another LWNJ suggested exactly that if somebody didn’t vaccinate. OK well if going down that path then don’t be a racist prick and apply the no healthcare rule to all. Force the fatties into fat camps. 

8 minutes ago, Wess said:

You clearly know nothing LOL.

8,477 posts and you *FINALLY* manage to get something right.

Congratulations.

FKT

20 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Agreed.

Wess is letting his passion for freedom (generally an admirable trait) overwhelm his sense of logic.

Freedom has a price.  Defending freedom is not just about fighting human enemies (Wess family has a history of service in that regard) but also about coming together  to fight for our society vs this diseae.  I really believe that covid is and was a crisis where we should have all pulled together and the politicization of the medical challenge is one of the failures in our history.

Wess has had the good sense to be vaccinated .  Im glad of that. I continue to disagree that it is okay for many to decide not to get vaccinated on the basis of bad information. But we've had the argument so mant times...it is not worth revisiting.

LOL wrong yet again. On so many levels. Wess had the luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and had covid before you even heard the word. And truth be told I didn’t even know I had it until tested later. Which only happened because I happen to work along side somebody who was in the the place with the lab where this all started and works on this stuff.

You are exactly the reason why society has put in place laws to protect people from docs. Who think they know best what other people want. And always push their poison on others.

1 hour ago, Wess said:

LOL wrong yet again. On so many levels. Wess had the luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and had covid before you even heard the word. And truth be told I didn’t even know I had it until tested later. Which only happened because I happen to work along side somebody who was in the the place with the lab where this all started and works on this stuff.

You are exactly the reason why society has put in place laws to protect people from docs. Who think they know best what other people want. And always push their poison on others.

Your answer had nothing to do with my post.

1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

Surprised?

2 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Your post had nothing to do with the truth.

7 hours ago, Wess said:

You are exactly the reason why society has put in place laws to protect people from docs

Wessantivaxx.png.da82c226ed9b92d70275d315a7f492fa.png

OK, so all you informed people fill me in.  Had to go purchase a replacement phone yesterday.  Was the only customer in the store with about a half dozen people working there.  Non of them were masked, I was.  I am vaccinated, but old and live in a rural area,  alone other than two dogs that depend on me.  So if I get sick, it will be a real pain in the ass.

So the guy helping me with a new phone, mid 30's, obese, says something about people dying from the vaccines. and he isn't going to get it.  I am not on facebook, listen to NPR and watch local and some fake news, read some.  Are people really dying of the vaccines?  I have not heard any major problems but maybe it is just the sources I go to?

45 minutes ago, bridhb said:

OK, so all you informed people fill me in.  Had to go purchase a replacement phone yesterday.  Was the only customer in the store with about a half dozen people working there.  Non of them were masked, I was.  I am vaccinated, but old and live in a rural area,  alone other than two dogs that depend on me.  So if I get sick, it will be a real pain in the ass.

So the guy helping me with a new phone, mid 30's, obese, says something about people dying from the vaccines. and he isn't going to get it.  I am not on facebook, listen to NPR and watch local and some fake news, read some.  Are people really dying of the vaccines?  I have not heard any major problems but maybe it is just the sources I go to?

People have died after getting the vaccine... in car crashes, for example... but the only deaths that are most likely caused by a covid vaccine were some people (less than 10) in Europe that had severe clotting reactions to a vaccine that has not been given in the US. The unfortunate people also had other health issues.

I heard the same thing from a very fat (very VERY fat, like could not sit in a chair fat) bearded young man at a car dealership. He added that he is not getting the vaccine "because he can do math." I just shook my head.

As said, it's all in the "news" they listen to. Being fed bullshit leads you to believe more bullshit.

- DSK

14 hours ago, Wess said:

Your post had nothing to do with the truth.

Your definition of truth?

Probably not.

But at least I was not rambling incoherently  about how everyone else but you is lying and you caught covid before anyone (what on earth has that got to do with the price of tea in China?).  Cocktail hour post?

3 hours ago, bridhb said:

Astra Zeneca, maybe 1 in 2 million from a blood clotting reaction. More common with younger people than older so the older you are, the less chance. Other than that, no.

I've got science and IT degrees & work in mass screening systems for genetic metabolic disorders. My first wife is a high level biochemical genetics scientist.

We're both vaccinated. All 3 of our adult children are vaccinated. Her 88 year old parents are vaccinated.

You want to believe a fat conspiracy theorist bullshit artist working in a phone store, that's your choice.

But - if you end up on a table, gasping for air like a guppy flipped out of its fishbowl, it'll be too late to reflect on your poor choice.

FKT

• Like 7

Its not over yet, not sure which approach working best, looks a bit different with Delta.

My boats in the yard, I'm in lockdown.

Luckily got a few projects lined up at home. Running out of books, YouTube getting interesting.

961240662_91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Israel(1).thumb.png.07ac20ba2753e635e7cededb931590be.png1175116933_91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Israel(2).thumb.png.05f4852259318d3fe77f2fc324c84ce5.png

More recent

275575950_91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Israel(3).thumb.png.66c6d9f6843f44e1787362b2f7b2420a.png

904086130_91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Israel(4).thumb.png.30be976f51d2d1a9d8a9daac7e852f1d.png91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Israel.thumb.png.973fbc833cfa4022d04e0e5f6ebbbeec.png

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Astra Zeneca, maybe 1 in 2 million from a blood clotting reaction. More common with younger people than older so the older you are, the less chance. Other than that, no.

I've got science and IT degrees & work in mass screening systems for genetic metabolic disorders. My first wife is a high level biochemical genetics scientist.

We're both vaccinated. All 3 of our adult children are vaccinated. Her 88 year old parents are vaccinated.

You want to believe a fat conspiracy theorist bullshit artist working in a phone store, that's your choice.

But - if you end up on a table, gasping for air like a guppy flipped out of its fishbowl, it'll be too late to reflect on your poor choice.

FKT

He said he was vaccinated.:rolleyes:

Ah I see truth is finally making its way into the public domain. See the reports that the double dose of Nazi juice still leaves you with the same viral load of delta as those who didn’t swallow the Kool Aid?  So much for stopping the spread. 

But pharma gotta make money so go get your triple dose. And then the next and the next and so on.

Nature gonna do what nature is gonna do. Your easy way out doesn’t seem to be going very well. Many still resist and even for those that don’t when it comes to stopping the spread effectiveness is headed down the toilet. 

57 minutes ago, Wess said:

Many still resist and even for those that don’t when it comes to stopping the spread effectiveness is headed down the toilet. 

Does anyone else notice that Wess seems to be getting more incoherent ?  It is almost as if he  is suffering from the symptoms of long covid and brain fog.  

• Like 1

Why is truth so hard for you to swallow Eye? Just another doc who makes money off pharma. Anyone guessing what % of the FDA drug budget is paid by pharma? Go ahead; guess! This should be fun.

4 hours ago, Melibob said:

He said he was vaccinated.:rolleyes:

Yeah, got the Pfizer nanobots as soon as my age group came up and intend to get the booster as soon as it is available.

Was just wondering what this guy was hearing to keep him from getting vaxed in a state that is out of control with the Delta.  I have not heard any major problems but my information sources are limited in that I tend to stay away from "right wing" media and facebook.

8 hours ago, Owen said:

Basic school thread but it’s kinda funny to see elk in the wild.  :)

AA836798-3D7E-4A95-BDAA-212BA090D712.png

How 'bout dat... I did not realize that the term "the elk" had gone outside these august pages....

- DSK

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wess said:

Why is truth so hard for you to swallow Eye? Just another doc who makes money off pharma. Anyone guessing what % of the FDA drug budget is paid by pharma? Go ahead; guess! This should be fun.

This doctor (like many others) makes no money off pharma.   It is actually a cost center to my office.  One out of five medications that I prescribe requires a pre-authorization. This will cost me in my time and employee time anywhere from $20 to $100. 

The FDA charges the pharma companies for doing the work so I imagine it is a great deal of money.

5 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:
2 hours ago, Wess said:

Why is truth so hard for you to swallow Eye? ...

This doctor (like many others) makes no money off pharma.   It is actually a cost center to my office.  One out of five medications that I prescribe requires a pre-authorization. This will cost me in my time and employee time anywhere from $20 to $100. 

The FDA charges the pharma companies for doing the work so I imagine it is a great deal of money.

Facts are not part of Wess's "truth"

- DSK

• Like 1

Facts?  Come on Steam I have yet to hear you tell one single truth. So go ahead. Here is your chance...

*  Is more or less than 50% - in other words the majority - of FDA funding from the very industry it regulates, or does it come from congressional appropriations?

In other words Steam is FDA bought sold and paid for by Pharma?

Such a simple question that even a LWNJ should be able to answer.

11 minutes ago, Wess said:

Facts?  Come on Steam I have yet to hear you tell one single truth. So go ahead. Here is your chance...

*  Is more or less than 50% - in other words the majority - of FDA funding from the very industry it regulates, or does it come from congressional appropriations?

Dood, you need to prove to yourself that you have some scruples and humanity. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen this weekend.

• Like 1

So no answer from Hands either. None of the LWNJs want to tell the truth.

2 hours ago, Wess said:

My company is regulated by FINRA and we pay them based on our revenues. Next time an examination comes up I will tell them that we pay their salaries. Bet that goes over real well.

2 hours ago, Wess said:

Whoaa.........Wess has gone bleeding heart liberal on us.  He thinks the tax payer should pay the costs for the thousands of hours that go into reviewing a drug application.

If a pharmaceutical company is going to make millions off a successful drug then they should absolutely pay the user fees that the FDA charges .  In my opinion the fees do two useful tings .

1. They pay for staff and resources to review new drugs and new devices.  If a pharma company has a novel therapy, they absolutely should pay a fee for the application and the fee is not dependent on the outcome. The fee is to cover the high cost of a timely review .

2. It acts as a hurdle for frivolous submissions. If a company is paying a user fee for review then they will do their work carefully beforehand.

Approximately 45% of the FDA budget comes from user fees but that only covers 65% of the funding for human drug regulatory activity. 

One moment, complaining about the millions that drug companies make...and the next complaining that they have to pay user fees to the FDA?

19 minutes ago, Gangbusters said:

My company is regulated by FINRA and we pay them based on our revenues. Next time an examination comes up I will tell them that we pay their salaries. Bet that goes over real well.

Exactly. 

19 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

This and myocarditis/pericarditis with mRNA is real. Just had a case in the family.
From something is fishy, over the GP (internist) finding nothing but referring to a cardiologist out of caution, to a late evening call that Troponin T came back as way elevated and go to the ER that night. Admitted, Troponin T confirmed, still nothing whatsoever on EKG. Diagnosed as PMI and a stent the next morning.

Now was that something that Astra Zeneca & Moderna did? Something latent that got provoked by the vaccine?
Or is it more likely that the increased attention to adverse reactions led to an early diagnosis? There is a history of heart disease on that side of the family.

Even if one takes the stand that it must have been provoked then chances are Covid would have done the same - with the added complication of Covid and all the other problems come with it.

• Like 1

US breakthrough case concerns:

I fully expected the need for a booster.   The two RNA vaccines are being treated the same.   They seem to be behaving differently over time but the numbers below are still small.    The CDC also decided in May to ignore breakthrough cases that don’t require hospital care or a mortician.   The news stories and doctor interviews suggest CDC numbers are very low.   Presumably overloaded hospitals aren’t giving them the data, they are trying to keep people alive.   The next update will be telling.

As the number of vaccinated hospital cases climb, why are we boostering with the same vaccine?    Why is nobody talking about a mark 2 vaccine targeting delta, lambda, and the rest of the frats?  

Here is the data through August 9.   A lot may have changed as infections sore, but the two qualifiers at the end are reassuring.   
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Hospitalized or fatal vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC 8,054
Female 3,856 (48%)
People aged ≥65 years 5,928 (74%)
Asymptomatic infections 1,400 (17%)
Hospitalizations* 7,608 (94%)
Deaths† 1,587 (20%)

*1,883 (25%) of 7,608 hospitalizations reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.
†341 (21%) of 1,587 fatal cases reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

6 hours ago, Lark said:

As the number of vaccinated hospital cases climb, why are we boostering with the same vaccine?    Why is nobody talking about a mark 2 vaccine targeting delta, lambda, and the rest of the frats?  

Updated versions of the vaccines are underway, companies started on them when they had the initial version worked out. As always certification takes time.

No idea if they get fast tracked or not. The normal way would be to apply for the approval as a variant of an already accepted vaccine. That is supposed to be relatively quick - or it would be really hard to update the annual influenza vaccines in time. But AFAIK there is only the emergency use authorization in the US, normal approval is lagging behind.

14 hours ago, Wess said:

Facts?  Come on Wess I have yet to hear you tell one single truth. So go ahead. Here is your chance...

*  Does Astra Zeneca pay user fees to the FDA ?

* Has the Astra Zeneca vaccine been approved yet?

* Is there any credible evidence suggesting any member of the team at the FDA responsible for analyzing the data and producing the recommendations on covid vaccines received a kickback for approving the vaccines

11 hours ago, Lark said:

US breakthrough case concerns:

I fully expected the need for a booster.   The two RNA vaccines are being treated the same.   They seem to be behaving differently over time but the numbers below are still small.    The CDC also decided in May to ignore breakthrough cases that don’t require hospital care or a mortician.   The news stories and doctor interviews suggest CDC numbers are very low.   Presumably overloaded hospitals aren’t giving them the data, they are trying to keep people alive.   The next update will be telling.

Here is the data through August 9.   A lot may have changed as infections sore, but the two qualifiers at the end are reassuring.   
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Hospitalized or fatal vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC 8,054
Female 3,856 (48%)
People aged ≥65 years 5,928 (74%)
Asymptomatic infections 1,400 (17%)
Hospitalizations* 7,608 (94%)
Deaths† 1,587 (20%)

*1,883 (25%) of 7,608 hospitalizations reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.
†341 (21%) of 1,587 fatal cases reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

8504 out of 166 million fully vaccinated people (from the CDC link)?!?

That's 5x10**-5. Half a percent.

I really don't care, do U?

40 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

8504 out of 166 million fully vaccinated people (from the CDC link)?!?

That's 5x10**-5. Half a percent.

I really don't care, do U?

That's data through August 9.   I believe numbers will be much higher next time they update.   The hospital interview I posted earlier this week said 5-7% of hospital patients were vaccinated, though most had comorbidities and were not on ventilators.   I took news reports with two doctor interviews quoting what they are seeing in their southern hospitals.  I adjusted for statewide total vaccination rates (including those not eligible for vaccination, since they are eligible for illness).   Admittedly the numbers are dirty, but in both cases vaccination reduced risk of hospitalization by about 90%.   Accumulated (so mostly unvaccinated) hospital rates are 5% in Ohio (63,915 hospitalizations out of 1,171,557 cases).   This includes those caught by routine surveillance but asymptomatic, but does not include those who did not seek medical attention and self cured or were asymptomatic and never knew they had it.   Reduction in testing of healthy people in nursing homes, people around the governor, etc. might affect the numbers, as does the shift to Delta.   

So rough estimate, a vaccinated person testing positive/getting sick has about one chance in 200 of ending up in hospital.  The relative risk by age and comorbidity is not available yet, I'm sure insurance company underwriters are looking at it now.

And 3% of US adults are immunocompromised for a wide range of reasons including organ transplants, cancer treatments, steroid medicine, etc. So those vaccinated people don't get full benefit and may be disproportionately represented in breakthroughs.  

On 8/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, basketcase said:

the thought of denying anyone health care is fucked

Unless it's people like Wess.  He serves no useful porpoise to humanity.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:22 PM, BlatantEcho said:

A growing number of public health experts are discussing how 'vaccine bullies' are making even more people hesitant.

If a vaccine is safe and effective, it should be obvious.  Side effects should be transparently discussed.
And the benefits should be clearly obvious to the public.

Yet, when people demand other people do things, without being transparent and earnest about the pros and cons... a lot of people have their hesitancy *increase*.

So, it's likely that all you people screaming at others - are just eroding trust in public health.

Did you tie yourself in knots trying to come up with that bit of rationalization?  

Hey, isn't it obvious I didn't get polio, diptheria, mumps, measles, tetanus?  

They Want to Arrest and Jail All Unvaccinated Adults!

In a shocking experiment, random beachgoers in San Diego, California are asked if they’ll sign a petition supporting the arrest and detention of all unvaccinated adults until they agree to take the COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBRLUGMeBL4

8 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

In a shocking experiment, random beachgoers in San Diego, California are asked if they’ll sign a petition supporting the arrest and detention of all unvaccinated adults until they agree to take the COVID-19 vaccine

barrel bottom of 

your headline , much the same as you 

PURE UNADULTRATED BULLSHIT

7 minutes ago, Mid said:

barrel bottom of 

your headline , much the same as you 

PURE UNADULTRATED BULLSHIT

UN ADULT RATED? Kiddie bullshit?

7 minutes ago, 00seven said:

UN ADULT RATED? Kiddie bullshit?

whatever , never could spell and aint going to start losing sleep of that now .

57 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

You're posting a "social experiment" from someone that sells

"Arrest Dr Fauci" T shirts?

Way to go Mo!! :D

Have you no critical thinking skills at all?

25 minutes ago, Melibob said:

you need to ask ?

2 hours ago, Melibob said:
3 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Expand  Expand  

You're posting a "social experiment" from someone that sells

"Arrest Dr Fauci" T shirts?

Way to go Mo!! :D

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy that tshirt Meli it's a free world.

We know obesity is a major risk factor for Covid has Fauci ever mentioned this or told Americans they should lose weight?

The Nobel prize winning scientist who invented the PCR test has a few choice words on Fauci. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aISPlTLbJo

As for Mark Dice i thought this one was great.:D

Trump's Sons Kill a Triceratops on Hunting Safari - Liberals Believe, And They're Very Upset  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4Mi4ocyDw

USA about to give formal approval to Pfizer vaccine, one more nail for the anti-vaxxers as mandates will now become widespread. Some are finally seeing the light as their buddies end up in hospital and some die, so vaccinations are creeping back towards 1m per day. Unbelievable to read of hospitals in Missouri with less than 50% of staff vaccinated, while they attempt to save covid patients in their ICU.

9 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

USA about to give formal approval to Pfizer vaccine, one more nail for the anti-vaxxers as mandates will now become widespread. Some are finally seeing the light as their buddies end up in hospital and some die, so vaccinations are creeping back towards 1m per day. Unbelievable to read of hospitals in Missouri with less than 50% of staff vaccinated, while they attempt to save covid patients in their ICU.

I think I would rather get care from a vaxxed veterinary technician than a registered nurse who chose not to get vaccinated. If their "research" led to that choice, I doubt their competency in medical care. #becausescience 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

If it is now widely accepted by the medical profession and science that a vaccinated person can still be infectious why "Come Down Hard" on those who do not wish to get vaccinated?

You answered that yourself mike.

2 minutes ago, Melibob said:

You answered that yourself mike.

I'm not mike.  The moderators of SA will confirm that as will a number of people who I have communicated with through PM's.

So a vaccinated person can still be infectious then the only point of getting vaccinated is to reduce your own vulnerability to serious illness or death?  Correct?

2 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

I'm not mike.  The moderators of SA will confirm that as will a number of people who I have communicated with through PM's.

So a vaccinated person can still be infectious then the only point of getting vaccinated is to reduce your own vulnerability to serious illness or death?  Correct?

"Can" being the operative word Mike.

Fully vaccinated people are much less likely to become infectious than unvaccinated people, therefore reducing transmissibility in the general community 

Just now, accnick said:
14 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

“Can” become infectious ”if” you become infected. But you are up to 80% less like likely to become infected, and therefore, less likely to become infectious.

it really isn’t that hard to figure out.

Can you point me in the direction of the research that confirms that you are "80% less likely to become infected"?

My understanding is that the science now says that we will ALL become infected (i.e. test positive) but not all will become infectious.  Of course the non-infectious are generally asymptomatic aren't they?

1 minute ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Can you point me in the direction of the research that confirms that you are "80% less likely to become infected"?

My understanding is that the science now says that we will ALL become infected (i.e. test positive) but not all will become infectious.  Of course the non-infectious are generally asymptomatic aren't they?

And around and around Mikey goes.:rolleyes:

I dunno what you did to get your timeout, but do us all a favour and do it again.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Can you post links to that research?

How can you expect him to post links to something he made up?

3 minutes ago, Wess said:

How can you expect him to post links to something he made up?

WessGrimReaper.png.0a37450f89e4d16172e3c979a5794751.png

Can you post links to that research?

MikeyLateShitforbrains.png.3e5d21c90f88989a0f1b1336d6e600bb.png

This is amusing

The FDA Is Begging You Not to Take Horse Dewormer for Covid-19

“You are not a horse. You are not a cow,” the Food and Drug Administration said about using the drug that hosts on Fox News have been pushing

Why? Because Ivermectin, a medication usually reserved for deworming livestock, is responsible for a spike in poison control calls in Mississippi as people duped by conspiracy theories have purchased the drug and ingested it, hoping it will treat or prevent Covid-19 — something the drug is not proven to do.

According to an alert issued by the Mississippi Department of Health on Friday, 70 percent of all recent calls to poison control in the state “have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers.” Although most callers (85 percent) only reported mild symptoms, one person was advised to seek additional treatment.

“Animal drugs are highly concentrated for large animals and can be highly toxic in humans,” the alert said. Ivermectin is sometimes used in humans to treat parasites or scabies, but in much smaller doses than are given to livestock.

The calls have clearly baffled health officials in the state. “I think some people are trying to use it as a preventative which is really kindof crazy,” Dr. Thomas Dobbs, Mississippi’s state health officer, said. “So please don’t do that.”

“You wouldn’t get your chemotherapy at a feed store,” Dobbs added. “You wouldn’t treat your pneumonia with your animal’s medication. It can be dangerous to get the wrong doses of medication, especially with something meant for a horse or a cow.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fda-horse-dewormer-covid-fox-news-1215168/

The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) reports a significant increase in pediatric cases of COVID-19 at this time of year, compared to the same time in 2020. Coupled with this increase in cases, ADPH notes that Alabama has at least 50 children hospitalized statewide and has recently had at least 9 children on ventilators in a single day.

ADPH pediatrician, Dr. Karen Landers, states, “I am very concerned that the children of Alabama are experiencing more illness and hospitalizations as a result of COVID-19. Children can and do contract and spread COVID-19 disease. COVID-19 can be a very serious illness in children with at least 6 percent of children experiencing long-term consequences of this disease. Further, at least 113 children in our state have suffered from Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome of Childhood (MIS-C), a severe illness that occurs after COVID disease and affects several organs, including the brain, heart, lungs, and kidneys, among other body systems.”

https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/news/2021/08/20.html