Jump to content

The "Delta Variant" and unvaccinated people


Recommended Posts

I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the AM.  There was a news article talking about the rise of the Covid-19 Delta variant and how much more transmissible it is and how much more dangerous it is.  And that it will likely become the dominant variant in the US soon as it crowds out the rest of the SAR-CoV-2 variants.  And that it has the potential for triggering another surge in the US among the non-vax'd population.  

Am I a bad person for wishing it would just wipe out the idiots who refused to get vaccinated when they had/have ample opportunity to get protected?  People refusing to be vaccinated are not just endangering themselves, but actually increase the likelihood of another mutant strain evolving that could potentially make the current vaccines ineffective.  In addition, they put all the people at risk who cannot be vaccinated for various health reasons because there is a much larger pool of hosts than there would be otherwise.  

I think at some point, we have to draw the line.  You can lead a horse to water, but if they refuse to drink - I'm ok with just fucking shooting them (metaphorically) if their refusal endangers others.  Maybe we could just speed up their infections and get it over with.  Cull the herd.  We need some chlorine in the gene pool right now anyway.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

if their refusal endangers others. 

OK, I'll bite.

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

So the vaccinated are just protecting themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the AM.  There was a news article talking about the rise of the Covid-19 Delta variant and how much more transmissible it is and how much more dangerous it is.  And that it will likely become the dominant variant in the US soon as it crowds out the rest of the SAR-CoV-2 variants.  And that it has the potential for triggering another surge in the US among the non-vax'd population.  

Am I a bad person for wishing it would just wipe out the idiots who refused to get vaccinated when they had/have ample opportunity to get protected?  People refusing to be vaccinated are not just endangering themselves, but actually increase the likelihood of another mutant strain evolving that could potentially make the current vaccines ineffective.  In addition, they put all the people at risk who cannot be vaccinated for various health reasons because there is a much larger pool of hosts than there would be otherwise.  

I think at some point, we have to draw the line.  You can lead a horse to water, but if they refuse to drink - I'm ok with just fucking shooting them (metaphorically) if their refusal endangers others.  Maybe we could just speed up their infections and get it over with.  Cull the herd.  We need some chlorine in the gene pool right now anyway.  

A bit harsh, but not without merit. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, random. said:

OK, I'll bite.

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

So the vaccinated are just protecting themselves.


Currently authorized vaccines in the United States are highly effective at protecting vaccinated people against symptomatic and severe COVID-19. Additionally, a growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others. How long vaccine protection lasts and how much vaccines protect against emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants are still under investigation.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, random. said:

OK, I'll bite.

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

So the vaccinated are just protecting themselves.

Incorrect. People who are vaccinated are 25 times less likely to spread it.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/can-people-vaccinated-against-covid-19-still-spread-the-coronavirus/article34680864.ece

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, random. said:

OK, I'll bite.

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

So the vaccinated are just protecting themselves.

Cdc says you are wrong...just a Google search away

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all over the place. Killed two in the area at a govt office.  Of course they were unvaccinated.  I read somewhere that the infection, hospitalization and death rates among the unvaccinated are higher than at the peak of the pandemic.  
 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/06/22/manatee-county-leader-fear-coronavirus-variant-behind-deadly-outbreak/

I just can’t garner any sympathy for these idiots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, random. said:

OK, I'll bite.

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

So the vaccinated are just protecting themselves.

Absolutely not true.  Please take your bullshit elsewhere, we’re full up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It’s all over the place. Killed two in the area at a govt office.  Of course they were unvaccinated.  I read somewhere that the infection, hospitalization and death rates among the unvaccinated are higher than at the peak of the pandemic.  
 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/06/22/manatee-county-leader-fear-coronavirus-variant-behind-deadly-outbreak/

I just can’t garner any sympathy for these idiots.

I shared a similar story and Mikey went off on one of his diatribes.

Ain't it nice without him stinking up the joint?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I shared a similar story and Mikey went off on one of his diatribes.

Ain't it nice without him stinking up the joint?

Did I miss something? Time out or was he 86'ed??

I had Mikey on ignore, so my feed has been, um, less filled with his bullshit blatherings.... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the AM.  There was a news article talking about the rise of the Covid-19 Delta variant and how much more transmissible it is and how much more dangerous it is.  And that it will likely become the dominant variant in the US soon as it crowds out the rest of the SAR-CoV-2 variants.  And that it has the potential for triggering another surge in the US among the non-vax'd population.  

Am I a bad person for wishing it would just wipe out the idiots who refused to get vaccinated when they had/have ample opportunity to get protected?  People refusing to be vaccinated are not just endangering themselves, but actually increase the likelihood of another mutant strain evolving that could potentially make the current vaccines ineffective.  In addition, they put all the people at risk who cannot be vaccinated for various health reasons because there is a much larger pool of hosts than there would be otherwise.  

I think at some point, we have to draw the line.  You can lead a horse to water, but if they refuse to drink - I'm ok with just fucking shooting them (metaphorically) if their refusal endangers others.  Maybe we could just speed up their infections and get it over with.  Cull the herd.  We need some chlorine in the gene pool right now anyway.  

We are always going to have a percentage of idiots, they are going to end up vaccinated, or they are going to be very sick and die. For what it's worth, there are no guarantees that the virus mutates into something more deadly and we are back at square one. Don't throw your masks out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nice! said:

So remind me, how many bits of virus does it take to infect someone?

So 25 times less likely means ... what exactly?  Does it mean the it's all good?

No it means that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.  Thanks for the link, you proved my point.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Did I miss something? Time out or was he 86'ed??

I had Mikey on ignore, so my feed has been, um, less filled with his bullshit blatherings.... 

he’s been on a TO since the 10th.  He’s apparently not been nicked though he’s lurking regularly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, random. said:

So remind me, how many bits of virus does it take to infect someone?

So 25 times less likely means ... what exactly?  Does it mean the it's all good?

No it means that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.  Thanks for the link, you proved my point.

 

Yeah they can still get infected too.  But they don’t get very, don’t die and the viral load of their respiration is almost certain not to infect others.  They’d have to practically sneeze in someone’s face todo it.  
Fuck off with your stupidity 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been having a reasonable discussion (on Facebook, so public) of the vaccine math with a college buddy who’s been slurping mushroom soup via a straw but we were getting there. Then some whackadoodles came in and raised a Mikey-level ruckus and got him back in their tent. I wished them no harm and no ill feeling, and went on my way. Darwin is usually selective in culling the weak, in this case, the weak of mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, random. said:

So remind me, how many bits of virus does it take to infect someone?

So 25 times less likely means ... what exactly?  Does it mean the it's all good?

No it means that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.  Thanks for the link, you proved my point.

 

I don't split hairs with a bullshitter. Your comment and my response speak for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice! said:

I don't split hairs with a bullshitter. Your comment and my response speak for themselves.

So you are conceding that vaccinated people can still spread the virus right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything that eliminates anti-vaxxers and their moran elk is simply Darwin at work AFAIAC.

There's something like 8 Billion of us - we can let the bottom 20% or so skim themselves and we will only be the better for it.

Hearing the stories of anti-mask, anti-vaxx fools on their deathbeds saying "I think I made a mistake" elicited zero sympathy from me.

My son the cop and his colleagues have a saying "Too stupid to live" - usually applied to criminals who fall from 4th floor windows and the like but also apropos for the subject morans as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaccinated people can still get the virus, and infected but vaccinated people can still spread the virus. The vaccines are 90%+ effective from getting the virus meaning fewer people can transmit the virus. It's a numbers game.

The point of vaccination is to lower rates so that fewer people will get the virus, >>>AND<<< improve outcomes so that fewer vaccinated but infected people will die and fewer vaccinated but infected people will need to be hospitalized.  On average, dumbfucks are going to pay a higher price, as they should. But people with opposable thumbs are still at risk. Me, I gotz my shots and I'm still going to be wearing my mask indoors in public for quite awhile.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Darwin Tax. Death AND taxes, all in one. That’s what I call multitasking. 
 

If President Biden wants to meet that July 4 goal, he should ask President Obama to do a public service statement asking people not to get the virus. Foxy Friends would be vaccinated in a week. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Me, I gotz my shots and I'm still going to be wearing my mask indoors in public for quite awhile.

Completely unnecessary.  You’re not as safe as I am having Covid and being vaccinated but there essentially no risk of serious illness, let alone death..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Vaccinated people can still get the virus, and infected but vaccinated people can still spread the virus. It's a numbers game. The point of vaccination is to lower rates so that fewer people will get the virus, >>>AND<<< improve outcomes so that fewer vaccinated people+infected will die and fewer vaccinated+infected people will need to be hospitalized.  On average, dumbfucks are going to pay a higher price, as they should. But people with opposable thumbs are still at risk. Me, I'm going to be wearing my mask indoors in public for quite awhile.

A graph with vertices and points showing the spread would be more useful to help understanding.  The vaccine blocks enough points that the spread is slowed to a standstill, that is called herd immunity.  It is still there and still spreading, but only in a few locations instead of everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just conversationally, if we were shoot them, what would be the weapons of choice? I'm thinking a .223 would be fine.  We need to factor in some costs too. Ammo's not cheap anymore even at Cheaper than Dirt! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Just conversationally, if we were shoot them, what would be the weapons of choice? I'm thinking a .223 would be fine.  We need to factor in some costs too. Ammo's not cheap anymore even at Cheaper than Dirt! 

Bolt gun. If it's good enough for beef, it's good enough for long pork.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Just conversationally, if we were shoot them, what would be the weapons of choice?

How about the J&J vaccine?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sean said:

A bit harsh, but not without merit. 

 

Nor harsh at all.  Anyone who doesn't carry a vax card should be barred from entering any public space, including stores, restaurants, bars, sports arenas, concert venues, etc........

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

 

Nor harsh at all.  Anyone who doesn't carry a vax card should be barred from entering any public space, including stores, restaurants, bars, sports arenas, concert venues, etc........

Or using public oxygen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Just conversationally, if we were shoot them, what would be the weapons of choice? I'm thinking a .223 would be fine.  We need to factor in some costs too. Ammo's not cheap anymore even at Cheaper than Dirt! 

Well, you will have to dispose of the bodies, and they don't necessarily have to be dead.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Darwin Tax. Death AND taxes, all in one. That’s what I call multitasking. 
 

If President Biden wants to meet that July 4 goal, he should ask President Obama TRUMP to do a public service statement asking people not to get the virus. Foxy Friends would be vaccinated in a week. 

 

FIFY SOL!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble is that there are young people, who would like to get the VAX but their parents won't take them, or allow neighbors to take them. Those are the people I fear for. Adults who are too stupid to get VAXed are risking their own lives, but telling your 13 y/o daughter she can't get VAXed because it's a hoax, or the VAX might be contaminated is just irresponsible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Just conversationally, if we were shoot them, what would be the weapons of choice? I'm thinking a .223 would be fine.  We need to factor in some costs too. Ammo's not cheap anymore even at Cheaper than Dirt! 

 

I think that might be the NATO round the Mini-14 semi-auto Ranch Rifle uses, been a long time since in checked on that....

I have a 20 round clip licensed by the state 6 months before they became illegal.  And it's a short barrel and stainless, so perfect boat protection piece...

 

Ruger Mini-14 GB NB.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

A .22 short to the base of the skull will work just fine, and leave a lot less mess.

 

ETA: HEY! LOOK! No "Dog Balls"!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

A .22 short to the base of the skull will work just fine, and leave a lot less mess.

 

Friend borrowed my .22 with shorts for Beaver control, but I think the shorts are not good enough for their thick pelts.  He bought a box of LR's, and hope that does the job...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billy backstay said:

 

Friend borrowed my .22 with shorts for Beaver control, but I think the shorts are not good enough for their thick pelts.  He bought a box of LR's, and hope that does the job...

Someone who knows nothing about guns would be totally amazed by this post.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Someone who knows nothing about guns would be totally amazed by this post.

Particularly a young guy knowing some modern feminine hygiene.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

A .22 short to the base of the skull will work just fine, and leave a lot less mess.

 

ETA: HEY! LOOK! No "Dog Balls"!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I fear for. Adults who are too stupid to get VAXed are risking their own lives, but telling your 13 y/o daughter she can't get VAXed because it's a hoax, or the VAX might be contaminated is just irresponsible.

Even in the toughest part of the lockdown I saw many unmasked adults with teens in the grocery all but begging for some hassle but I always wondered if the tweens and teens agreed with their parents, 

 

20 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I have a 20 round clip licensed by the state 6 months before they became illegal.  And it's a short barrel and stainless, so perfect boat protection piece...

Good stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

Friend borrowed my .22 with shorts for Beaver control, but I think the shorts are not good enough for their thick pelts.  He bought a box of LR's, and hope that does the job...

I guess it depends on the time of year, how far away you are, and where you hit them.

I've killed several ground hogs (woodchucks, whistle pigs) @ 75-100' in the summer.... But I always hit them in the head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The trouble is that there are young people, who would like to get the VAX but their parents won't take them, or allow neighbors to take them. Those are the people I fear for. Adults who are too stupid to get VAXed are risking their own lives, but telling your 13 y/o daughter she can't get VAXed because it's a hoax, or the VAX might be contaminated is just irresponsible.

Having Vaccines be protected ala sexual healthcare would be a good thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

I think that might be the NATO round the Mini-14 semi-auto Ranch Rifle uses, been a long time since in checked on that....

I have a 20 round clip licensed by the state 6 months before they became illegal.  And it's a short barrel and stainless, so perfect boat protection piece...

 

Ruger Mini-14 GB NB.jpg

I’ve never been that afraid at a Mark rounding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I’ve never been that afraid at a Mark rounding.

Ever sailed between Trinidad and Venezuela?  Or between Grenada and Martinique? How about off the east coast of Kenya? Personally, I wouldn't want to have to shoot someone, but I'd feel better knowing that I could, if the situation arose. I do think I'd prefer a shotgun though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ever sailed between Trinidad and Venezuela?  Or between Grenada and Martinique? How about off the east coast of Kenya? Personally, I wouldn't want to have to shoot someone, but I'd feel better knowing that I could, if the situation arose. I do think I'd prefer a shotgun though.

How bout maybe not sailing there?  I think BB is in CT.  LIS is a shit hole but it’s safe to sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I've killed several ground hogs (woodchucks, whistle pigs) @ 75-100' in the summer.... But I always hit them in the head.

Where were you aiming?  ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Anything that eliminates anti-vaxxers and their moran elk is simply Darwin at work AFAIAC.

There's something like 8 Billion of us - we can let the bottom 20% or so skim themselves and we will only be the better for it.

Hearing the stories of anti-mask, anti-vaxx fools on their deathbeds saying "I think I made a mistake" elicited zero sympathy from me.

My son the cop and his colleagues have a saying "Too stupid to live" - usually applied to criminals who fall from 4th floor windows and the like but also apropos for the subject morans as well.

I continue to dispute the commonly held notion that "there is no cure for stupid".  There absolutely IS a cure, but it's usually illegal in most countries.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Darwin Tax. Death AND taxes, all in one. That’s what I call multitasking. 
 

If President Biden wants to meet that July 4 goal, he should ask President Obama to do a public service statement asking people not to get the virus. Foxy Friends would be vaccinated in a week. 

I think it would be more efficient to have Obama go on TV and tell the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated, wear masks, DON'T play with gunz, and whatever you do, DON'T eat any bats.  We could raise the IQ of this country in a week or two tops from the immediate death rate among the redneck maga crowds that would ensue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Just conversationally, if we were shoot them, what would be the weapons of choice? I'm thinking a .223 would be fine.  We need to factor in some costs too. Ammo's not cheap anymore even at Cheaper than Dirt! 

Even at a $buck a round - it would still be extremely cost effective.  A dogballs to the back of the head however, would be the best bet yet.  Irony and efficiency all at once.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nice! said:

I don't split hairs with a bullshitter. Your comment and my response speak for themselves.

You know you are arguing with someone who is convinced that GW Bush ordered the 9/11 attack just so he could go to the middle east and kill brown skinned people?

The mods should have a warning pinned on his sig line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

 

I think that might be the NATO round the Mini-14 semi-auto Ranch Rifle uses, been a long time since in checked on that....

I have a 20 round clip licensed by the state 6 months before they became illegal.  And it's a short barrel and stainless, so perfect boat protection piece...

 

Ruger Mini-14 GB NB.jpg

DUDE!  You own that rifle and you don't even fracking know what caliber round it fires???  You are too stupid to own that rifle.  Please turn it in to your nearest LEO to have it destroyed.  I'd offer to take it off your hands for cheap...... but it truly is a fairly worthless gun.  :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

 

Friend borrowed my .22 with shorts for Beaver control, but I think the shorts are not good enough for their thick pelts.  

Jayzaz you guys are harsh. You can never control them but helping around the house and cooking nice dinners goes someway towards it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Only Person Not Killed Or Hospitalized In This COVID Outbreak Was Vaccinated

A deadly outbreak in Manatee County, Florida, offers a cautionary tale.
 

 

Two people are dead after a recent COVID-19 outbreak in the IT department of a county government building in Manatee County, Florida ― leaving only one person, who was vaccinated, unscathed.

Of the six known exposures that occurred around the same time, at least four people have reportedly been hospitalized and two have died. One of those people died last week in the hospital, while the other one died at home,

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/manatee-county-building-covid-outbreak-florida_n_60d215b3e4b0b75a2950141b

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, random. said:

There is no evidence that vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

Come on, it is logically impossible to prove a negative. 

The null hypothesis would be, "Vaccinated peeps spread the virus." 

That statemen can be empirically tested. 

So what is your Eva Dense in support of the null Hyp ??? 

(Hope I got that sciency logic more or less right. It has been a while since I used it.)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dalenz said:

The Only Person Not Killed Or Hospitalized In This COVID Outbreak Was Vaccinated

A deadly outbreak in Manatee County, Florida, offers a cautionary tale.
 

 

Two people are dead after a recent COVID-19 outbreak in the IT department of a county government building in Manatee County, Florida ― leaving only one person, who was vaccinated, unscathed.

Of the six known exposures that occurred around the same time, at least four people have reportedly been hospitalized and two have died. One of those people died last week in the hospital, while the other one died at home,

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/manatee-county-building-covid-outbreak-florida_n_60d215b3e4b0b75a2950141b

 

Zero tears shed for the dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Where were you aiming?  ;)

Teeth. They tend to be in the head of animals like this. They make good targets too.

 

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

How bout maybe not sailing there?  I think BB is in CT.  LIS is a shit hole but it’s safe to sail.

You've maybe never seen the massive Hatteras, and other flybridge monsters that fly up and down LIS, especially at the eastern end where Billy slips out. These nuts are headed for the Race at full throttle no matter what the wind  or tide.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I have been thinking along these lines . . 

If a marine tradesman/woman is not smart enough to get the pokes, 

can they be smart enough to work on your boat ?? 

And/OR  . .  if they think the Drumph won the election, will you 

let them re-wire your vessel ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work this morning at the ungodly hour of 3:45 in the AM.  There was a news article talking about the rise of the Covid-19 Delta variant and how much more transmissible it is and how much more dangerous it is.  And that it will likely become the dominant variant in the US soon as it crowds out the rest of the SAR-CoV-2 variants.  And that it has the potential for triggering another surge in the US among the non-vax'd population.  

Am I a bad person for wishing it would just wipe out the idiots who refused to get vaccinated when they had/have ample opportunity to get protected?  People refusing to be vaccinated are not just endangering themselves, but actually increase the likelihood of another mutant strain evolving that could potentially make the current vaccines ineffective.  In addition, they put all the people at risk who cannot be vaccinated for various health reasons because there is a much larger pool of hosts than there would be otherwise.  

I think at some point, we have to draw the line.  You can lead a horse to water, but if they refuse to drink - I'm ok with just fucking shooting them (metaphorically) if their refusal endangers others.  Maybe we could just speed up their infections and get it over with.  Cull the herd.  We need some chlorine in the gene pool right now anyway.  

I'm sure big pharma would agree with the above statement you blithering totalitarian collectivist idiot.

But as you have already been vax'd why the fuck do you care? 

    

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Burning Man said:

DUDE!  You own that rifle and you don't even fracking know what caliber round it fires???  You are too stupid to own that rifle.  Please turn it in to your nearest LEO to have it destroyed.  I'd offer to take it off your hands for cheap...... but it truly is a fairly worthless gun.  :lol:

Mini-14 worthless?

I enjoy shooting mine…

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greever said:

Mini-14 worthless?

I enjoy shooting mine…

Had a Ruger mini-14 stainless steel on one boat It was a handy size, but what PITA it provided when clearing in and out of every friggin port we went,  think it probably added a couple hours to the process every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It should be called the Darwin Variant. This thread needs music.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ever sailed between Trinidad and Venezuela?  Or between Grenada and Martinique? How about off the east coast of Kenya? Personally, I wouldn't want to have to shoot someone, but I'd feel better knowing that I could, if the situation arose. I do think I'd prefer a shotgun though.

 

It's like the windbreaker and baseball hat I always have in whatever vehicle I am driving at the moment.  Usually an umbrella too, though I haven't actually used one in many years.  Better to have it, and not need it, than need, and not have it......

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You know you are arguing with someone who is convinced that GW Bush ordered the 9/11 attack just so he could go to the middle east and kill brown skinned people?

Those fucking browns were too chickenshit to try crossing the MX border with Repubs in charge! 

 

7 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:
8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Where were you aiming?  ;)

Teeth. They tend to be in the head of animals like this. They make good targets too.

 

I don't eat them like left8 does but if it isn't a head shot, there's just a bite of two left. I always double-tap small stuff: it vaporizes them entirely leaving only memories. Pleasant memories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Muh body, muh choice! The new mantra of the evangelical anti vaxxer.  

Shouldn't you be in the Roe v Wade thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Shouldn't you be in the Roe v Wade thread?

Come on now. Why can’t a gun thread hijacked from a Covid thread be hijacked into an abortion thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Come on now. Why can’t a gun thread hijacked from a Covid thread be hijacked into an abortion thread?

While we’re at it I’d like to talk about the rampant mice problem in Australia.  My reasonable solution?  Feral cats.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Greever said:

Mini-14 worthless?

I enjoy shooting mine…

I was just poking fun.  It's an OK rifle.  But just OK.  Of the times I've shot them, I haven't been impressed with either its accuracy or reliability.  But for a short range ranch rifle that doesn't get the natives all skeered about an EBR, it serves its purpose well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

While we’re at it I’d like to talk about the rampant mice problem in Australia.  My reasonable solution?  Feral cats.

 

Now if only we had a solution to the rampant douchebag problem in Tampa.  My reasonable solution?  Oh never mind, it's likely illegal no matter how you skin that feral cat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Vaccinated people can still get the virus, and infected but vaccinated people can still spread the virus. The vaccines are 90%+ effective from getting the virus meaning fewer people can transmit the virus. It's a numbers game.

The point of vaccination is to lower rates so that fewer people will get the virus, >>>AND<<< improve outcomes so that fewer vaccinated but infected people will die and fewer vaccinated but infected people will need to be hospitalized.  On average, dumbfucks are going to pay a higher price, as they should. But people with opposable thumbs are still at risk. Me, I gotz my shots and I'm still going to be wearing my mask indoors in public for quite awhile.

Since the nature of a virus is to evolve, there is always the chance we will see a variant far more transmissible and lethal than the Delta.

Listening to likes of Fakenews is like daring it to happen.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I was just poking fun.  It's an OK rifle.  But just OK.  Of the times I've shot them, I haven't been impressed with either its accuracy or reliability.  But for a short range ranch rifle that doesn't get the natives all skeered about an EBR, it serves its purpose well.

Yah, I have a few thousand rounds through mine, and the only time it jammed was when using non Ruger magazines.

Hell of a lot of fun to plink with. Mine is stainless like Billy’s, but I put a Butler Creek folding stock on mine, so it does look like an EBR but I still have the original wooden stock and could swap them in minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

The trouble is that there are young people, who would like to get the VAX but their parents won't take them, or allow neighbors to take them. Those are the people I fear for. Adults who are too stupid to get VAXed are risking their own lives, but telling your 13 y/o daughter she can't get VAXed because it's a hoax, or the VAX might be contaminated is just irresponsible.

It really is sad that a 13 yr old can't get vaccinated without parental consent but an abortion or sex change therapy is up to the 13 yr old.  What a fucked up country this is.  

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

It really is sad that a 13 yr old can't get vaccinated without parental consent but an abortion or sex change therapy is up to the 13 yr old.  What a fucked up country this is.  

Not only can 13 year olds not get vaccinated but the CDC even explicitly recommends that they do get vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/adolescents.html

So Biden is going against the recommendations of his own CDC and probably using the 101st Airborne to prevent children from getting vaccinated. He's taking orders from Hillary. Sad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

It really is sad that a 13 yr old can't get vaccinated without parental consent but an abortion or sex change therapy is up to the 13 yr old.  What a fucked up country this is.  

why do you lie?

Abortion: 2 states and the District of Columbia explicitly allow all individuals to consent to abortion services, regardless of age. 21 states require that at least one parent provide consent before a patient younger than 18 can obtain an abortion, while 10 states require prior notification of at least one parent.

 

Sex change drugs are also state level policies, and some states prohibit them under the age of 16.

 

 

The South Dakota House passed its version of the bill last week, which would impose a one-year jail sentence and a maximum fine of $2,000 on doctors who provide hormone replacement therapy, puberty blockers and gender confirmation surgery to children younger than 16 years old.

Chase Strangio, ACLU Deputy Director for Transgender Justice, said transgender rights advocates are geared up for a fight against HB 1057 and similar measures in Colorado, Oklahoma, MissouriIllinoisKentucky, West VirginiaSouth Carolina and Florida

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raz&#x27;r said:
43 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

It really is sad that a 13 yr old can't get vaccinated without parental consent but an abortion or sex change therapy is up to the 13 yr old.  What a fucked up country this is.  

why do you lie?

It's what he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You know you are arguing with someone who is convinced that GW Bush ordered the 9/11 attack just so he could go to the middle east and kill brown skinned people?

The mods should have a warning pinned on his sig line.

I guess my point is that I wasn't actually arguing with him. I just let his comment and my response speak for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

It really is sad that a 13 yr old can't get vaccinated without parental consent but an abortion or sex change therapy is up to the 13 yr old.  What a fucked up country this is.  

In my state 14 year old boys can get penis enlargements AT WILL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

It really is sad that a 13 yr old can't get vaccinated without parental consent but an abortion or sex change therapy is up to the 13 yr old.  What a fucked up country this is.  

Any country that lets a cretin like you run around loose is by definition fucked up.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Greever said:

Mini-14 worthless?

I enjoy shooting mine…

They're a really great little rifle.

Just as long as you don't actually plan on hitting anything...

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say they are great but when the boats rolling and the containers heaving as in our case we came across a refrig container in the middle of the Atlantic we pumped about 400 rounds into the thing ….didn’t make an iota of difference,  wasn’t because we were muck shots  rather polystyrene insulation floats and 400 rounds aren’t gonna do a damn thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell.   It's winding up again.   The other day it was my one year anniversary as a hospital nurse.  And, I shit you not, I was the most experienced RN on the cardiac floor.  Do you guys realize how fucked up that is?  We are still so tremendously short staffed and there are more and more posts like this on nurse forums and Reddit:

 

Delta variant in a southern hospital, we are moving the wrong way and shutting things down again.

renderTimingPixel.png

At a hospital meeting today they discussed that the delta variant has cases on the rise again. In my area cases are double what they were yesterday, current covid patients are double what they were last week, patients are presenting vaccinated and testing positive with symptoms. They’re already discussing locking down the hospital again, doing away with visitors, reopening covid units. We’re a large 500 bed hospital and I just can’t do another lockdown. I still have PTSD from last year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Fucking hell.   It's winding up again.   The other day it was my one year anniversary as a hospital nurse.  And, I shit you not, I was the most experienced RN on the cardiac floor.  Do you guys realize how fucked up that is?  We are still so tremendously short staffed and there are more and more posts like this on nurse forums and Reddit:

 

Delta variant in a southern hospital, we are moving the wrong way and shutting things down again.

renderTimingPixel.png

At a hospital meeting today they discussed that the delta variant has cases on the rise again. In my area cases are double what they were yesterday, current covid patients are double what they were last week, patients are presenting vaccinated and testing positive with symptoms. They’re already discussing locking down the hospital again, doing away with visitors, reopening covid units. We’re a large 500 bed hospital and I just can’t do another lockdown. I still have PTSD from last year.

 

Sorry man, we seem determined as a people to let this kill us.

  • Like 1
Link to post