Can anyone recommend a stopover that is decent for sailboats between Cape May and Sandy Hook.  I’ve tried Manasquan in the past but had trouble finding a marina that could handle my 5’4” draft.

1 hour ago, phrf#!k said:

Can anyone recommend a stopover that is decent for sailboats between Cape May and Sandy Hook.  I’ve tried Manasquan in the past but had trouble finding a marina that could handle my 5’4” draft.

Stopped many times in Atlantic City, Barnegat, and Point Pleasant with 6 foot draft.

AC is deep, Barnegat Inlet is tricky (if needed, go OUTSIDE of the North jetty monument i/o the channel). Otherwise, keep rolling and anchor inside Sandy Hook.

Sail Safe!

If you want a marina slip you have AC ( Abesecon Inlet ) or Manasquan. Call ahead and get a reservation. Barnegat has some transient slips at Lighthouse Marina and a very good anchorage not much further along. Access to some local restaurants. Call TowboatUS Barnegat Light on channel 18 for local knowledge.