Does anyone have any further word on Velocity Boatworks, that bought out C&L Boatworks a couple years ago, but hasn't kept the product line going?  Former owner, Dave Ventresca, whom I last communicated with in February, is pretty saddened by the apparent sad story demise of another old boat company... 

4 minutes ago, Kennylec said:

Does anyone have any further word on Velocity Boatworks, that bought out C&L Boatworks a couple years ago, but hasn't kept the product line going?  Former owner, Dave Ventresca, whom I last communicated with in February, is pretty saddened by the apparent sad story demise of another old boat company... 

There is a local dealer here - I will see what I can find out. 

Thanks.  I needed to replace a batten, and chatted with Binnacle in Nova Scotia, who didn't have them; and ended up finding Sailwest in Calgary, Alberta, who is making me one!  I found out about both of those places while wandering through some archives of this Dingy forum, so registered to follow more of this great network!

10 minutes ago, Kennylec said:

Thanks.  I needed to replace a batten, and chatted with Binnacle in Nova Scotia, who didn't have them; and ended up finding Sailwest in Calgary, Alberta, who is making me one!  I found out about both of those places while wandering through some archives of this Dingy forum, so registered to follow more of this great network!

Sailwest is who I was going to call. Ask them about CL - they will know for sure.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kennylec said:

It's a sad situation. I thought the Tim Hortons camp market would be built-in business for the new owner, but apparently the succession has not worked out. Will be sailing today on a Code 40 that could do with a new mast base. Note taken about at least asking Sailwest, but where it is a casting probably not as easy as battens.   

3 hours ago, spankoka said:

It's a sad situation. I thought the Tim Hortons camp market would be built-in business for the new owner, but apparently the succession has not worked out. Will be sailing today on a Code 40 that could do with a new mast base. Note taken about at least asking Sailwest, but where it is a casting probably not as easy as battens.   

Jim will certainly try!

Watershed Sailboats (i550) has had a very unsatisfactory relationship with Velocity Boatworks. Money paid by customers and no products produced. Only one i550 delivered about two years late and of questionable quality, it sank.