Yanmar 4JH2-DTE alternator ID

Is this photo of a Yanmar 4JH2-DTE enough to positively identify the alternator? Need to source a spare unit but am not at the vessel. I believe it is an 80A and it should be a fairly common Hitachi LR18003A unit? In fact it seems so common that there are many choices available. Is there a recommended brand? I work in the automotive world and often genuine parts are better but not always. What would be a recommended part to use for this as a quality stock replacement? 

287590709_ScreenShot2021-06-30at12_40_53PM.png

7 minutes ago, sierrawhiskeygolf said:

Is this photo of a Yanmar 4JH2-DTE enough to positively identify the alternator? Need to source a spare unit but am not at the vessel. I believe it is an 80A and it should be a fairly common Hitachi LR18003A unit? In fact it seems so common that there are many choices available. Is there a recommended brand? I work in the automotive world and often genuine parts are better but not always. What would be a recommended part to use for this as a quality stock replacement? 

287590709_ScreenShot2021-06-30at12_40_53PM.png

Don’t know what you have 

typically a marine alternator is “isolated (-)  “ , an auto alternator is chassis ground (-)

google https://www.parts4engines.com/search.php?search_query=Yanmar aLternator &section=product

For the time being I want a stock 80A replacement unit, same belt setup, same regulation, same everything basically, to carry as a spare. Something that can replace the one on the engine now, with minimal fuss, if it fails at sea. 

Buy the Yanmar (Hitachi) if you just want to carry a spare

Balmar for a more robust option

Try your luck with fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alternator-replaces-LR180-03-LR18003-LR180-03A-LR18003A-Yanmar-Marine-/292922302519

If you go the last route I would recommend installing the cheap alternator then keeping the Yanmar as the spare (since you know it works)