Best Laptop for Children

Hi Everyone! Can anyone recommend me best laptop for my child? He is in grade 8. So due to COVID, he is studying from home and he is in need of a laptop which can run Word Processor Easily. My budget is approx near to 400$. Waiting for your recommendations. Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

That would be his mom's or your lap-top as you read to him.  

8th grade is a little old to be sitting on your parents' laps..... Maybe find him a cheap hooker?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hondio said:

Hi Everyone! Can anyone recommend me best laptop for my child? He is in grade 8. So due to COVID, he is studying from home and he is in need of a laptop which can run Word Processor Easily. My budget is approx near to 400$. Waiting for your recommendations. Thanks in advance.

You never heard of hand-me-downs?

Buy yourself or your wife a new one and give the kid the old one.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

I must admit, it is difficult to give the traditional welcome when fella mentions his kid in the first post.

yeah, but who the fuck comes onto this site looking for computer advice? LOL  I think the standard greeting should apply since he's owned up to having a wife.. 

but I digress... I'd get the cheapest friggin netbook I could find on Amazon and hdmi it over to a tv.. maybe a wiireless mouse and keyboard.. and keep the little shit off this site!!!

now having said all that, I'd say the best laptop for a kid is no laptop.. my daughter got lost in the interwebs for way too long. 

• Like 2

OK I'll do it..... (reluctantly)

SHOW US YOUR WIFE'S TITS! (Or GIRLFRIENDS!)

(sorry, it's a tradition like throwing the cabin boy in with the captains daughter at 2AM on the second night out of port, and locking he door)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

OK I'll do it..... (reluctantly)

SHOW US YOUR WIFE'S TITS! (Or GIRLFRIENDS!)

(sorry, it's a tradition like throwing the cabin boy in with the captains daughter at 2AM on the second night out of port, and locking he door)

Wait what!  The second one.  Is the daughter hot and why was I not told about this earlier?

Why do I always seem to miss out on the good stuff.

1 hour ago, floating dutchman said:

Wait what!  The second one.  Is the daughter hot and why was I not told about this earlier?

Why do I always seem to miss out on the good stuff.

You just might be past the age at which you can still be called the cabin boy.

Is your name Roger? There may be an opportunity…

i bought my daughter and I each a $300 lenovo, about 10 years ago.  running windows 7.  both are still going strong.   well they have slowed down a bit over the years with malware and crap.  daughter is running a new lenovo for college right now.

buy the cheapest,  consider it disposable.  and when they get to close to college age, buy them a newer one .  daughter still uses the old lenovo as a backup/gaming/streaming unit...

As others have said, Chromebooks are the way to go. There are many buying guides out there.

For an 8 year old stay cheap <$300. Look for one with 14" screen and 1920x1080 screen.  Touch screen isn't necessary unless you want it.  Lenovo, HP, and Acer all make competent products in this area.

23 hours ago, PurpleOnion said:

As others have said, Chromebooks are the way to go. There are many buying guides out there.

For an 8 year old stay cheap <$300. Look for one with 14" screen and 1920x1080 screen.  Touch screen isn't necessary unless you want it.  Lenovo, HP, and Acer all make competent products in this area.

You may be a super achiever, but I never saw an 8 y/o 8th grader......

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

You may be a super achiever, but I never saw an 8 y/o 8th grader......

That's probably because you read these forums sober and only post when sober.

Should you decide to destroy your life and your body with excessive consumption of alcohol, you might be surprised by the things you see.