3YM20 replacing seawater pipe

How do you access the hose clamp where the pipe connects with the heat exchange?  On my Jeanneau 349, it's so tight I can't see the clamp and can barely fit a screwdriver in the space.

Screenshot_20210630-201413~2.png

But driver use, good idea.  Flex shaft even better.  Thanks.  Guess I could investigate removal of belts cover and even the steps from cockpit to cabin to ease access.

One of the first things I do on any boat is add hatches/hinges/latches to any cabinetry surrounding the engine for easier access. Yes, your hose issue will turn into a carpentry project cascade but it only hurts once and you'll smile inside every time you access the engine in the future.

• Like 1

Engine access as well as stuffing box, sea cocks and steering access are among the very first things I check out when considering a boat. I can't count the number of boats I've been on where destruction was required to maintain things.

Last year I spent several horrible days cutting, grinding and laminating the engine beds on my boat so I could access the stuffing box. Previously it was simply not possible to adjust it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...