Warning: This Post May Offend

Can someone please explain to me why Shanghai Sailor is always able to have his posts slapped up on the Front Page?

To be honest, his latest serving of pablum is nothing more than blatant propaganda for the PRC.

International judges will find out quickly that participating in this “30 boat regatta” is going to cost them dearly. Anyone entering that hell hole of a country will need to be quarantined for 14 days AND are required to receive a jab of China’s miracle cure vaccine. A western vaccine does not count.

I have done business in China for over 20 years, and I met my wife there. All her family still resides there and the news we have received about the virus over the past 18 months is much different than what the PRC government has spoon-fed the rest of the world.

As of today, 606,000 Americans have died from covid. If that does not faze you. how about the fact that 37.5% of American small businesses have disappeared? In California, it is 39.1%.

There should be no debate where covid came from and more specifically, when. It happened in Wuhan, China in October of 2019. My wife’s mother and grandparents live there, and the stories are out of a Bradbury or Crichton science fiction novel. And despite what you are hearing, it is still there.

You would think the government would have gone out of its way to assist the rest of the world in combating this plague. It didn’t. Just a steady stream of denials and a steadfast refusal to cooperate with health science professionals.

Instead of assisting the world in dealing with this unfolding tragedy, China used that precious time to set its plan to ethnically cleanse 11 million Turkic Muslims. Today, there are over 1 million are still being detained and are undergoing a “re-education” program.

At the same time, we all sat and watched Hong Kong fall.  Jimmy Lai, the owner of Hong Kong’s largest newspaper was placed in prison for a minimum of 14 months. He was charged with taking part in an unauthorized assembly. Shortly after that, the government raided the newspaper’s office and arrested several of its top journalists. Its chief editor was denied bail after being charged with collusion with a foreign country. The paper closed its doors on June 24th after the government froze all its assets.

With no repercussions from the west on the above, they are now moving ahead to claim the real prize. Taiwan.

Do not get me wrong, I have no beef with the people of China. All they care about is earning a living and taking care of their families. Most do not like the party and government but due to fear will never publicly voice their discontent.

The CCP is a proven danger to this country and the world. They have killed over 600,000 of our citizens and destroyed over a third of our small businesses.

Where is the outrage? Will there ever be a time when people stand up and say NO MORE?

Shanghai Sailor says:

“No moaning about the death of sailing here in the PRC, more and more are getting into our sport and the CCCM is proof that when things are done right, Chinese sailors want to be part of the action.

Well, I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and the sport is expanding. Based on today’s demographics of the U.S. sailor, one may deduce that the virus has taken a big bite out of an already dwindling number.

I lost two family members due to covid. One was young and took her life. The other was an old salt that taught me a lot about sailing. 

Every time I read these puff pieces, my blood boils.

Publishing them as news is indicative of denial or to pretend this was all a bad dream.

• Like 12
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can someone please explain to me why Shanghai Sailor is always able to have his posts slapped up on the Front Page? To be honest, his latest serving of pablum is nothing more than blatant propaga

Shanghai Sailor is a long-term positive contributor to SA and SAAC. Not very fair to attack him just because you don't like China. And yes, this belongs on PA; it isn't about sailing, it's about your

AJ is without a doubt the biggest, stupidest & most irrelevant jackoff on these forums. I often agree & disagree with the same people on different topics but almost all of them also offer

Posted Images

Ss sends me content separate from the forums. I know this was promotional, but i thought there was enough in it to run it.

As for the rest, I'll let ss annswer.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Editor said:

Ss sends me content separate from the forums. I know this was promotional, but i thought there was enough in it to run it.

As for the rest, I'll let ss annswer.

Thanks, Ed.

Appreciate the post.

• Like 1

I am deeply opposed to what China is doing in Hong Kong and its increasing global ambitions.  The CCP is an authoritarian regime and you point out some of the ugly sides to that regime.

I do not think they deliberately released covid 19 on the world. It was either an inadvertent lab leak or an animal to human transfer that occurred in or near Wuhan. 

This probably needs to be in PA.

I wish we could impose greater transparency on them. I wish we would recognize Taiwan and make it clear that we suoort Taiwan's independence.  But this is probably not the w=tie and place.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

I am deeply opposed to what China is doing in Hong Kong and its increasing global ambitions.  The CCP is an authoritarian regime and you point out some of the ugly sides to that regime.

I do not think they deliberately released covid 19 on the world. It was either an inadvertent lab leak or an animal to human transfer that occurred in or near Wuhan. 

This probably needs to be in PA.

I wish we could impose greater transparency on them. I wish we would recognize Taiwan and make it clear that we suoort Taiwan's independence.  But this is probably not the w=tie and place.  

This does not belong in PA. My post was written as a direct result of the puff piece by SS on the front page.

There was NO transmission from an animal to a human. It happened in Wuhan at the virus lab located at Wuhan University. My wife received her Masters there and maintains contacts with her fellow alum. The wet market was supposedly where it began. Well, that wet market was re-opened before the residents went back to work and the kids went back to school. And that wet market is right around the corner from the lab.

Someone needs to get some balls. Perhaps they should be banned from the Olympics. There are several things that western governments can do to start putting the screws to them.

But they won't. China will get away with this along with all the other disgusting things they do to their people.

It's all about the Benjamins and our insatiable need for their fucking junk.

We are all sheep and China knows that. iPhone anyone?

• Like 4
Just now, OneWorldSailing said:

This does not belong in PA. My post was written as a direct result of the puff piece by SS on the front page.

There was NO transmission from an animal to a human. It happened in Wuhan at the virus lab located at Wuhan University. My wife received her Masters there and maintains contacts with her fellow alum. The wet market was supposedly where it began. Well, that wet market was re-opened before the residents went back to work and the kids went back to school. And that wet market is right around the corner from the lab.

Someone needs to get some balls. Perhaps they should be banned from the Olympics. There are several things that western governments can do to start putting the screws to them.

But they won't. China will get away with this along with all the other disgusting things they do to their people.

It's all about the Benjamins and our insatiable need for their fucking junk.

We are all sheep and China knows that. iPhone anyone?

It may well have been a leak from a lab.   If it leaked from a lab, it was almost certainly leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology which is located in the Jiangxia District in Wuhan. WIV was conducting research on similar viruses.  

It could also have come from an animal transfer......viruses like this do make those transfers in Asia and Africa where the population is pushing up against species that carry viruses.

The outcome was the same. 

We are now in a battle vs a virus.  There is nothing China can do to help us in that battle, whatever we threaten and even if they want to help. We have to win that battle with our own technology and health science (which thus far is superior to Chin's anyway)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

It may well have been a leak from a lab.   If it leaked from a lab, it was almost certainly leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology which is located in the Jiangxia District in Wuhan. WIV was conducting research on similar viruses.  

It could also have come from an animal transfer......viruses like this do make those transfers in Asia and Africa where the population is pushing up against species that carry viruses.

The outcome was the same. 

We are now in a battle vs a virus.  There is nothing China can do to help us in that battle, whatever we threaten and even if they want to help. We have to win that battle with our own technology and health science (which thus far is superior to Chin's anyway)

You are wrong.  Period.  @OneWorldSailingis right.

• Like 3

Take it to PA.  This is political not sailing related.  I saw an article on how warm it is RORC600 so made thread about the lack of solar in TX.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Wess said:

You are wrong.  Period.  @OneWorldSailingis right.

I am wrong saying that it might have leaked from WIV?  That is where they were conducting research on coronaviruses.

So what makes you certain that it leaked from Wuhan University lab?

Or are you saying I am wrong because I am not definitively certain where the virus originated.

When I am not definitively certain about something.....I am content to admit that.

14 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

I am wrong saying that it might have leaked from WIV?  That is where they were conducting research on coronaviruses.

So what makes you certain that it leaked from Wuhan University lab?

Or are you saying I am wrong because I am not definitively certain where the virus originated.

When I am not definitively certain about something.....I am content to admit that.

WIV is the lab at Wuhan University.

I have been on that campus at least a dozen times.

This isn't the first "leak" that has come out of that building and will not be the last.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, fan said:

Take it to PA.  This is political not sailing related.  I saw an article on how warm it is RORC600 so made thread about the lack of solar in TX.

Now that you know what the post is about, simply ignore it and its contents. Pretty simple.

And it is most definitely sailing related as I was reacting to the sailing related article that the Ed posted for SS.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, fan said:

I can't find TX anarchy.  Link.......

• Like 1
1 minute ago, OneWorldSailing said:

This isn't the first "leak" that has come out of that building and will not be the last.

Okay so if we agree that is a possible source, Im not sure why Wess is saying Im right and you are wrong.

The only difference is that you are certain it was a leak.  I cannot be certain because I dont have the inside track. I merely observe that the outbreak commenced in Wuhan, the CV19 virus comes from a family of virus found in bats and the leading research establishment  in that kind of virus is the WIV based in Wuhan .....and that yes, China has had problems with lab escapes of viruses before.  So surely that is one possible origin of the virus.

If a lab escape happened in the US , I like to think that there would be a transparent disclosure, heads would roll, and better protocols would be put in place. That is not going to happen in China, so I will never know for certain what happened.    

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Ding Ding Ding, we have winner here folks.

The CCP is a serious issue.

Masquerading as a democracy for the outside world seems to be an easy game for the CCP to play.

Far too many people and governments are useful idiots in this game. 

Sad.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Okay so if we agree that is a possible source, Im not sure why Wess is saying Im right and you are wrong.

The only difference is that you are certain it was a leak.  I cannot be certain because I dont have the inside track. I merely observe that the outbreak commenced in Wuhan, the CV19 virus comes from a family of virus found in bats and the leading research establishment  in that kind of virus is the WIV based in Wuhan .....and that yes, China has had problems with lab escapes of viruses before.  So surely that is one possible origin of the virus.

If a lab escape happened in the US , I like to think that there would be a transparent disclosure, heads would roll, and better protocols would be put in place. That is not going to happen in China, so I will never know for certain what happened.    

In October 2019, there were several individuals working in that lab who ended up in the hospital. One or more had been bitten by a bat that was being used in gain of function research. They all had the same symptoms.

There are only two questions that are unanswered:

1. Was the U.S. involved directly or indirectly via providing funding. We now know there was much more money being funneled into that building than what Fauci testified to in congress.

2. Was it a leak or was it released on purpose? I have no idea but neither answer would surprise me. Although China has outright lied about their case counts and deaths, they are in fact, much less than what the rest of the world has encountered. Why is that? And why do they require "their" vaccine when entering the country even if you already have had one? This goes for foreigners and citizens returning from a trip or school.

The Aussies are the only government who has actually had the balls to take them on and they are paying the price for doing it. Much of their economy is predicated on exporting raw materials and importing their dollar store junk. China has slapped them pretty hard.

It is difficult for me to sit here watching the Aussies stand up for their people while we sit here and ignore the biggest elephant to ever enter a room.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Shanghai Sailor is a long-term positive contributor to SA and SAAC. Not very fair to attack him just because you don't like China. And yes, this belongs on PA; it isn't about sailing, it's about your views on China. I don't intend to comment further.

• Like 8

The Snowflakes who insist on posting political shit here when there is an entire forum for this purpose (which was created to keep the rest about sailing) are like the guests who state your bathroom is not acceptable so they take a dump on your front lawn.

• Like 7
19 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Shanghai Sailor is a long-term positive contributor to SA and SAAC. Not very fair to attack him just because you don't like China. And yes, this belongs on PA; it isn't about sailing, it's about your views on China. I don't intend to comment further.

Agreed.

17 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

I am hardly attacking him.

I do not even know if he is an ex-pat or is home grown.

His article posted on the FP was not newsworthy. Come on. China has a population of 1.4 BILLION and we are expected to swallow the party line that sailing is taking off like wildfire there because they were able to scrape together enough people to fill 30 boats?

There is a name the Hong Kong people call the Chinese trolls on the internet. They are 50 centers. Care to guess why?

15 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The Snowflakes who insist on posting political shit here when there is an entire forum for this purpose (which was created to keep the rest about sailing) are like the guests who state your bathroom is not acceptable so they take a dump on your front lawn.

You don't own the site nor do you control its content. 

Give me back my niece and uncle and I will gladly shut my mouth.

Until then, FUCK OFF

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, EYESAILOR said:

Sadly, there are plenty of examples in the US of them not doing the right thing when it comes down to it. Not to mention, add in the current political landscape of you can't infringe my rights because MURICA, and we'd probably be no better off if it did originate here.

1 hour ago, Keith said:

The CCP is a serious issue.

Masquerading as a democracy for the outside world seems to be an easy game for the CCP to play.

Far too many people and governments are useful idiots in this game. 

Most of them in California & on TV

I think the original post was about what Shanghai Sailor wrote not about SS himself and was certainly NOT about domestic politics at all.

It was about how we can't just automatically give China a pass because they are promoting a sailing event.

Moving this thread to PA or deleting it outright is exactly what the CCP would do and what China apologists want. 

• Like 5

I am certainly not traveling to China while they are holding Canadians as hostages. The NHL will just dodge the Olympics next year by saying they want to get back to a regular schedule again. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OneWorldSailing said:

In October 2019, there were several individuals working in that lab who ended up in the hospital. One or more had been bitten by a bat that was being used in gain of function research.

I need not comment further.

• Like 3

Shanghai sailor keeps us informed about sailing in China and Hong Kong.

Whatever I think of the regime......which I am very negative on......I find it interesting to get sailing news that I get nowhere else. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Shanghai sailor keeps us informed about sailing in China and Hong Kong.

Whatever I think of the regime......which I am very negative on......I find it interesting to get sailing news that I get nowhere else. 

A regatta in Hong Kong versus one in China are two entirely different affairs.

One is quite proper and the other is a shit show.

One understands and respects the rules and the other doesn't know they exist.

The sport will never take off in China unless the government underwrites it. The average person in China spends an entire year's income to buy an iPhone. Not sure how they will swing the cost of a sailboat.

Hey, if the government in China is the driving force behind the surge in sailing in that country, why not let all governments control sailing and be as successful as China always is?

2 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

You don't own the site nor do you control its content. 

Give me back my niece and uncle and I will gladly shut my mouth.

Until then, FUCK OFF

Yes clearly this is sailing driven and doesn't belong in PA my bad....

• Like 2

SS is a real person? Really? I always thought he (it) was a rather basic AI program set up to flood websites like SA with shitloads of propaganda for the Chinese Reich and its Führer.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Can someone please explain to me why Shanghai Sailor is always able to have his posts slapped up on the Front Page?

To be honest, his latest serving of pablum is nothing more than blatant propaganda for the PRC.

International judges will find out quickly that participating in this “30 boat regatta” is going to cost them dearly. Anyone entering that hell hole of a country will need to be quarantined for 14 days AND are required to receive a jab of China’s miracle cure vaccine. A western vaccine does not count.

I have done business in China for over 20 years, and I met my wife there. All her family still resides there and the news we have received about the virus over the past 18 months is much different than what the PRC government has spoon-fed the rest of the world.

As of today, 606,000 Americans have died from covid. If that does not faze you. how about the fact that 37.5% of American small businesses have disappeared? In California, it is 39.1%.

There should be no debate where covid came from and more specifically, when. It happened in Wuhan, China in October of 2019. My wife’s mother and grandparents live there, and the stories are out of a Bradbury or Crichton science fiction novel. And despite what you are hearing, it is still there.

You would think the government would have gone out of its way to assist the rest of the world in combating this plague. It didn’t. Just a steady stream of denials and a steadfast refusal to cooperate with health science professionals.

Instead of assisting the world in dealing with this unfolding tragedy, China used that precious time to set its plan to ethnically cleanse 11 million Turkic Muslims. Today, there are over 1 million are still being detained and are undergoing a “re-education” program.

At the same time, we all sat and watched Hong Kong fall.  Jimmy Lai, the owner of Hong Kong’s largest newspaper was placed in prison for a minimum of 14 months. He was charged with taking part in an unauthorized assembly. Shortly after that, the government raided the newspaper’s office and arrested several of its top journalists. Its chief editor was denied bail after being charged with collusion with a foreign country. The paper closed its doors on June 24th after the government froze all its assets.

With no repercussions from the west on the above, they are now moving ahead to claim the real prize. Taiwan.

Do not get me wrong, I have no beef with the people of China. All they care about is earning a living and taking care of their families. Most do not like the party and government but due to fear will never publicly voice their discontent.

The CCP is a proven danger to this country and the world. They have killed over 600,000 of our citizens and destroyed over a third of our small businesses.

Where is the outrage? Will there ever be a time when people stand up and say NO MORE?

Shanghai Sailor says:

“No moaning about the death of sailing here in the PRC, more and more are getting into our sport and the CCCM is proof that when things are done right, Chinese sailors want to be part of the action.

Well, I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and the sport is expanding. Based on today’s demographics of the U.S. sailor, one may deduce that the virus has taken a big bite out of an already dwindling number.

I lost two family members due to covid. One was young and took her life. The other was an old salt that taught me a lot about sailing. 

Every time I read these puff pieces, my blood boils.

Publishing them as news is indicative of denial or to pretend this was all a bad dream.

Agree, the guy's a cunt. That is if he isn't a bot. There is nothing that the PRC does wrong in his eyes and he goes on about it constantly. Ask him about the Uighurs.

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

The only snowflakes here are the ones that post in a thread they feel shouldn't be here. Simply ignore it and it will disappear just like the virus did in the PRC.

7 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

The only difference is that you are certain it was a leak.  I cannot be certain because I dont have the inside track. I merely observe that the outbreak commenced in Wuhan, the CV19 virus comes from a family of virus found in bats and the leading research establishment  in that kind of virus is the WIV based in Wuhan

Why do you continue to ignore that no zoonotic host has been found for ground zero Covid-19 and there is a considerable unexplained gap in the genomic evolution of Covid-19?

Surely as you infer that the most likely source of Covid-19 was a zoonotic transfer from bats through an intermediary there would be an easily identifiable natural chain of evidence.

• Like 1

Maybe to be fair, it would be good to have some coverage of sailing events in the Republic of China sometimes. 

one thing is painfully obvious , China has disappeared from any news re Covid .

6 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Why do you continue to ignore

Oh, puleeeze, there is no strong Eva Dense of a China lab leak.

You just want an excuse to get your racist anti-Asian hate on. 

How do I know that, you might ask ???   Here is how . . 

The US and Soviets BOTH had bio-weapons lab accidents with bad consequences . . 

Did you speak out about those ??  Do you even know about them ?? 

HELL NO  !!!! 

The Wuhan lab was playing with fire and didn’t put the correct precautions in place.  Now the whole world has suffered.

If it had been a nuclear bomb that accidentally went off no one would be defending China on the basis of “it was an accident”.   

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Oh, puleeeze, there is no strong Eva Dense of a China lab leak.

You just want an excuse to get your racist anti-Asian hate on. 

How do I know that, you might ask ???   Here is how . . 

The US and Soviets BOTH had bio-weapons lab accidents with bad consequences . . 

Did you speak out about those ??  Do you even know about them ?? 

HELL NO  !!!! 

I’m sorry maybe I missed the history lesson of a US or Soviet bio weapon lab leak that killed millions world wide.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bored Stiff said:

The Wuhan lab was playing with fire and didn’t put the correct precautions in place.  Now the whole world has suffered.

If it had been a nuclear bomb that accidentally went off no one would be defending China on the basis of “it was an accident”.   

Yes there would be. Most of them would be from California but there would also be several national news anchors who would assert that racism, gun control and climate change are what really caused it.

Not many, but there would definitely be a national team of individuals active in China's defense.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

the most likely source of Covid-19 was a zoonotic transfer from bats through an intermediary .

Please dont misrepresent my views and I will not misrepresent yours.

One World suggests that it was a zoonotic transfer, by a human getting bitten by a lab bat.  I doubt it.

21 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

This thread really should be on PA.  But I hardly think his article is blatant propaganda.....this is more like blatant propaganda:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202107/09/WS60e7d223a310efa1bd660d74_1.html

17 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

A regatta in Hong Kong versus one in China are two entirely different affairs.

One is quite proper and the other is a shit show.

One understands and respects the rules and the other doesn't know they exist.

The sport will never take off in China unless the government underwrites it. The average person in China spends an entire year's income to buy an iPhone. Not sure how they will swing the cost of a sailboat.

The China Club Challenge Match is most certainly NOT a shit show. Call me what ever you like but when it comes to an event that has been built so successfully and with so much effort by ordinary sailors who just happen to be in China then that is nothing more or less than a racist comment.

And when you start slagging off something, do me a favour and actually read what is written "the international officials couldn’t enter China so rather than dilute the event’s reputation the match racing element was set aside". Hardly the actions  of a shit show is it pal. So your comments demeaning those who help the event is completely meaningless.

It is the largest one design keelboat regatta in Asia with probably this year 40-45 entries so by definition anything smaller in your eyes in Asia would also be a shit show. Does your wife know you have such a downer on Asia and Asian's efforts to improve what they do?

It remind me of an Eastern European exchange student when I was at uni. He turned round one day and said "You think I know fuck nothing but I know fuck all". 

And I can assure you that your comment "One understands and respects the rules and the other doesn't know they exist." I would doubt very much if your rules knowledge would come anywhere close to an umpire team with so many thousands of match races in their log book.

Those sort of comments only show one thing - that you are a mark one arsehole.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

The China Club Challenge Match is most certainly NOT a shit show. Call me what ever you like but when it comes to an event that has been built so successfully and with so much effort by ordinary sailors who just happen to be in China then that is nothing more or less than a racist comment.

And when you start slagging off something, do me a favour and actually read what is written "the international officials couldn’t enter China so rather than dilute the event’s reputation the match racing element was set aside". Hardly the actions  of a shit show is it pal. So your comments demeaning those who help the event is completely meaningless.

It is the largest one design keelboat regatta in Asia with probably this year 40-45 entries so by definition anything smaller in your eyes in Asia would also be a shit show. Does your wife know you have such a downer on Asia and Asian's efforts to improve what they do?

It remind me of an Eastern European exchange student when I was at uni. He turned round one day and said "You think I know fuck nothing but I know fuck all". 

Hey asshat-

Don't call me a fucking racist. My wife and half my family are Chinese. So that dog don't hunt much around here.

There is several tells on your post:

1. Why the cut and paste job with different sized fonts.

2. Why are you regurgitating the same shit in your original post?

3. Why do you leave off the "s" in some words? (This one is classic)

4. Are you a 50 center?

5. The race officials this year will also enter a 14 day quarantine plus receive the "SinoMagic" vaccine as well. 

Actually, I am not surprised by your response. It is typical of Chinese media influencers who get caught with their pants down. They are embedded everywhere.

Since you have taken the time to respond, can you provide further insight to the following?

1. The the events in Hong Kong over the past two years and their current state.

2. The ethnic cleansing and "re-education" of the Uyghurs.

3. Youtube, Facebook and other U.S. social media sites. Are they popular there?

4. The belief that Taiwan belongs to China.

5. How many people were infected by covid 19 and how many died.

6. Do you believe Winnie The Poo is a great leader or is he just a thug like most party members.

You were better off not responding at all. You have a few here that think you walk on water. You don't and you know exactly why.

1 hour ago, shanghaisailor said:

then that is nothing more or less than a racist comment.

Hmm. The term racist is used with much freedom around here. I don’t recall any racist comments made by a man who is married to a Chinese woman.

And about those Uigurs. They are being exterminated, and, as usual, you repeat nothing but Party propaganda lines.  A couple of people go on a slashing spree so lock the entire sub class up in detention centers and kill them day by day.  Now that’s racist, my dear old ex pat from the UK. Or should I say “round eye”. That’s a racist term so you have a baseline to work with. 

Facebook banned in ChinaHaHaHaHA!i!i!i

Fuck freedom of speech and all that

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Since you have taken the time to respond, can you provide further insight to the following?

1. The the events in Hong Kong over the past two years and their current state.

2. The ethnic cleansing and "re-education" of the Uyghurs.

3. Youtube, Facebook and other U.S. social media sites. Are they popular there?

4. The belief that Taiwan belongs to China.

5. How many people were infected by covid 19 and how many died.

6. Do you believe Winnie The Poo is a great leader or is he just a thug like most party members.

If the subject is a boat race in China, the above is whataboutism, cap.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bored Stiff said:

Not one millionth the consequences of COVID-19 though…

Where is your evidence that it was human made ?? 

26 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

If the subject is a boat race in China, the above is whataboutism, cap.

I am simply responding to his post.

I did not call him a racist nor did I claim to know "fuck all" about everything.

This guy is no western ex-pat living in China. This guy is Chinese and has been pulling your chain for what seems like a long time. Go back and read some of his posts.

Or don't.

Either way, your post contributes nothing to the conversation. But I did see that SS gave you a thumbs up!

• Downvote 1
19 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Where is your evidence that it was human made ?? 

Since you are a retired poly sci prof, then I assume you stay relatively current with happenings around the world.

Perhaps you would like to chime in on your theory instead of just asking for evidence.

There is existing evidence that shows an existing virus derived from bats captured by WIV employees was modified by humans in a lab to grossly alter its behavior.

There are plenty of scientists from around the world that have published papers to this effect.

You can simply choose to accept them or not. However, it does not alter the fact that they are in the public record and have been acknowledged as more than viable.

• Like 1

And while I am sitting here typing, SS is lighting up my screen as he up votes folks who are defending him and down votes mine and other posts.

Typical behavior of a 50 center.

Interesting that he chose this route instead of debating the issue.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Either way, your post contributes nothing to the conversation.

Maybe not for you sir but I'm keen on pointing out argumentative faux pas when I see them. Many of us have gotten kinda sloppy about this stuff. 

13 minutes ago, OneWorldSailing said:

I did not call him a racist nor did I claim to know "fuck all" about everything.

I think most of us use "fuck all" to mean knows nothing. Have a nice morning or afternoon or evening.

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

Maybe not for you sir but I'm keen on pointing out argumentative faux pas when I see them. Many of us have gotten kinda sloppy about this stuff. 

I think most of us use "fuck all" to mean knows nothing. Have a nice morning or afternoon or evening.

You are not a moderator on SA and I certainly do not need a lecture on semantics.

Go back and re-read his post on the "fuck all" comment. This time for comprehension.

1 hour ago, Bored Stiff said:

What a dumbfuck question.

AJ is without a doubt the biggest, stupidest & most irrelevant jackoff on these forums.

I often agree & disagree with the same people on different topics but almost all of them also offer helpful advice or insights at one time or another. AJ is the glaring exception, being neither helpful, insightful or sincere. he is in fact the biggest, stupidest & most irrelevant jackoff on these forums.

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, Parma said:

Wow. That's pretty fucked up.

Actually its style is indistinguishable from what One World writes, just opposite sides. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Parma said:

AJ is without a doubt the biggest, stupidest & most irrelevant jackoff on these forums.

I often agree & disagree with the same people on different topics but almost all of them also offer helpful advice or insights at one time or another. AJ is the glaring exception, being neither helpful, insightful or sincere. he is in fact the biggest, stupidest & most irrelevant jackoff on these forums.

You should all go back and "Like" this comment, it's just 2 posts up.

15 minutes ago, IPLore said:

Actually its style is indistinguishable from what One World writes, just opposite sides. 

Well OW is correct!

3 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

Perhaps you would like to chime in on your theory instead of just asking for evidence.

You seem ignorant of how science works by asking us to prove a negative . . . 

YOU and your ELK made the assertion of a lab release, so the burden of proof is on YOU. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Parma said:

Ad hominem much ??  

Lacking any evidence at all . . 

you are merely calling names. 

Punkista 

5 hours ago, OneWorldSailing said:

I actually do not have to say a word.

Read this steaming hot pile of cow shit.

SS.JPG

I’ve enjoyed SS writing but defending the Communist persecution of Uigers convinces me that Shanghai Sailor should be banned in disgrace.  

• Like 1

Nature - June, 2021  

Scientists don’t have enough evidence about the origins of SARS-CoV-2 to rule out the lab-leak hypothesis, or to prove the alternative  that the virus has a natural origin. Many infectious-disease researchers agree that the most probable scenario is that the virus evolved naturally and spread from a bat either directly to a person or through an intermediate animal.

The house is burning down, so let's all work on finding out how it started, surely someone else will put it out.

Want to do something positive in the USA? Get the other half vaccinated. The End.

• Like 4

I think I am interested in preventing any further fires. It's just a fact that Henipah and Ebola viruses were sent from Winnipeg to Wuhan. 

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Nature - June, 2021  

Scientists don’t have enough evidence about the origins of SARS-CoV-2 to rule out the lab-leak hypothesis, or to prove the alternative  that the virus has a natural origin. Many infectious-disease researchers agree that the most probable scenario is that the virus evolved naturally and spread from a bat either directly to a person or through an intermediate animal.

One World suggests that the virus might have spread directly from a bat to a person via a bat bite.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, OneWorldSailing said:

In October 2019, there were several individuals working in that lab who ended up in the hospital. One or more had been bitten by a bat that was being used in gain of function research.

The bat was being used for gain of function research.

We have this on good authority because One World has been to the WIV at least a dozen times and his wife is in  contact with the scientists.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, OneWorldSailing said:

WIV is the lab at Wuhan University. I have been on that campus at least a dozen times.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:47 AM, OneWorldSailing said:

My wife received her Masters there and maintains contacts with her fellow alum.

Hopefully they caught the bat,......but perhaps they released it in Italy????

I like that we can come to SA forums for hard facts like these when there is so much spurious rumors flying around elsewhere.  Keep us posted OWS if you get anymore compelling insights. Your access to the hard facts and balanced reporting is truly invaluable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wess said:

Well OW is correct!

Absolutely.  He is careful to assemble the facts directly rather than rely on what he reads on social media. His objectivity and lack of bias is legendary.    100% correct, 100% of the time.

I thought it might amuse to read Ana Rodriguez's  (Cuba rep to UN) letter to the UN in support of China's "Education and Retraining" camps.

We note with appreciation that China has undertaken a series of measures in response to threats of terrorism and extremism in accordance with the law to safeguard the human rights of all ethnic groups in Xinjiang. There was no single terrorist attack in Xinjiang in the last three years. People of all ethnic groups enjoy their happy life in a peaceful and stable environment. China maintains openness and transparency by, among other things, inviting more than 1,000 diplomats, officials of international organizations, journalists, and religious persons to visit Xinjiang who witnessed Xinjiang’s remarkable achievement.

On Xinjiang related issues it is an imperative to respect the basic facts rather than making unfounded allegations against China and interfere out of political motivations and bias.

Now that my friends is real old style, pre-internet, propaganda.

It was so much easier then. We all knew it was lies and was coming from China.  Now with our social media compromised, its harder to distinguish fact from fiction.

9 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Please dont misrepresent my views and I will not misrepresent yours.

One World suggests that it was a zoonotic transfer, by a human getting bitten by a lab bat.  I doubt it.

So you don't infer that the most likely source of the virus was a zoonotic source?

If that was the case then why the missing links in the genomic sequences AND the sudden gain of function?

Yes it IS IMPORTANT to establishment the origin of the virus because that will dictate an evaluation of a number of dodgy research activities and the probability that such a pandemic can happen naturally.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1656

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

So you don't infer that the most likely source of the virus was a zoonotic source?

If that was the case then why the missing links in the genomic sequences AND the sudden gain of function?

Yes it IS IMPORTANT to establishment the origin of the virus because that will dictate an evaluation of a number of dodgy research activities and the probability that such a pandemic can happen naturally.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1656

That is correct KSB, I do not infer that the most likely source of the virus was a zoonotic source. I have stated in numerous threads and posts that I am open minded.

The "leak/escape" from lab theory cannot be rejected.  (i) The pandemic started in Wuhan (ii) CV19 is closely related to corona viruses found in bats. (iii) WIV was researching these specific viruses. (iv) There have been at least 2 documented, unambiguous lab leaks from category 4 labs in China in the last 5 years, which demonstrates that there are gaps in the protocols of Chinese labs in what are meant to be the highest level of security for research.      The coincidence of the virus type occurring next to the very lab doing research in this area is too compelling to be ignored.  

The case against the lab leak seems to depend on the differences between CV19 and the viruses that WIV was working on. One group of scientists who looked at this published a letter stating that it would be extremely difficult to manufacture those differences in a lab.  We posted that article in another thread on SA and it was discussed in depth. I was unconvinced.  Those who dont like the lab theory say the sequence could not be created in a lab. Those who dislike the zoonotic theory say the sequence cannot be created in the wild.   I am unconvinced by either argument and when I chatted to a virologist at Yale who told me the probability argument does not work because both origins are improbable but improbable new viruses do occur.

The Zoonotic origin cannot be ignored.  The missing link is missing in both origin theories. It takes years to find zoonotic sources. It took years to find the HIV zoonotic source and that was a chimpanzee source.  There are a factor more species of bat than chimpanzees and thousands if not millions of populations. Viruses gain function naturally and spread to humans. It has happened before. 

I observe the close connections of the specific virus to Wuhan....but I think it is important to investigate every source. This letter I thought was well written https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6543/694.1

We can’t even begin to talk about a consensus other than a consensus that we don’t know,” said David Relman, a Stanford University microbiologist

• Like 1