NEWICK VAL 31ft tri

Im rebuilding lost rigging of this nice old schooled tri, former mast was formula28 but lost due to runner failure.

Does anybody know design details for this boat, speccialy rigging requirements, eg. inertias for mast section ?

thx

Tomas

Newick Val 1 new mast project.jpg

No idea about roots of this one, some Swedish previous owner ?

Former mast was Formula28 rotating, +top squere mainsail, 

Anyway Im impressed about paint job on this boat and want to help my customer and get her sail back

1538872634_B8gobananas.thumb.JPG.eaab36e46b0f9e1b07083c452478e498.JPG  

IMG-4758.jpg

• Like 2

I have some old Multihulls Magazines around somewhere. In one of them there was an article about racing in Sweden, and there was a wing val the owner had weighed for competition. I'll have to dig around for it, but don't see that happening too soon.

Pat

22 hours ago, TryGuy said:

I have some old Multihulls Magazines around somewhere. In one of them there was an article about racing in Sweden, and there was a wing val the owner had weighed for competition. I'll have to dig around for it, but don't see that happening too soon.

Pat

Yes, that's this  boat :) 

Owner of Nandi is (I believe) active on FB and that boat (Newick Val 31 wing) had some original drawings/plans/etc with it --10 years ago, way back on the west coast of BC. I can't say if the mast/rig would be stock/to plans, but boat had a moderately sized rig, about 33-35ft mast, original to the boat--so perhaps a possible starting point https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://elpais.com/revista-de-verano/2020-08-17/una-odisea-de-10000-millas-nauticas-desde-california-a-ibiza.html plus now it seems Nandi is in the same corner of the world as Go Banannas.. There were also 1 or 2 other Val 31 wing on the East coast usa, owners at least in the past members or involved with NEMA nemasail.org

2964.jpg.a709c88069244686d9c427d7edac1974.jpg

Hi KACZOR,

Currently I have a VAL III "St Laurence" it is an updated version of the boat above with a few modifications to the hulls and rig with Dick Newick's help, some ware at home I may still have a full set of plans including the rig dimensions that may be of help to you, if you want me to have a look PM me with your e mail address but no promises as I have moved a few times. 

16 hours ago, illan_voyager said:

Owner of Nandi is (I believe) active on FB and that boat (Newick Val 31 wing) had some original drawings/plans/etc with it --10 years ago, way back on the west coast of BC. I can't say if the mast/rig would be stock/to plans, but boat had a moderately sized rig, about 33-35ft mast, original to the boat--so perhaps a possible starting point https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://elpais.com/revista-de-verano/2020-08-17/una-odisea-de-10000-millas-nauticas-desde-california-a-ibiza.html plus now it seems Nandi is in the same corner of the world as Go Banannas.. There were also 1 or 2 other Val 31 wing on the East coast usa, owners at least in the past members or involved with NEMA nemasail.org

2964.jpg.a709c88069244686d9c427d7edac1974.jpg

You could ask about the Val mast on The Golden Oldies Multihulls FB page, Stuart will answer for sure (he is the owner of Nandi).

• 3 weeks later...