Sailing's popularity about to explode!!

...due to romance novel featuring lady J/24 sailors. Courtesy of the fb J/24 group.

How do you atone for a mistake that broke hearts? When one of them is yours?

A Caribbean vacation to jump start her love life becomes the love affair of a lifetime for Nikki Cooper after meeting Jordan Clayton. Until she learns he was once yacht racing legend Dan Mansfield. Three years ago, the sinking of a racing yacht took the life of Nikki’s friend. Dan Mansfield was blamed for the tragedy.

Then the sunken wreck of the vessel is found and recovered, restarting a long-stalled inquiry into the incident. When new revelations throw doubt on past beliefs, only uncovering the truth will bring Nikki hope for peace from the memories and heartbreak. But the truth changes everything …

By turns sweet, sassy, steamy and erotic, this heart-warming and heart-breaking novel is the first in a series of a group of girlfriends racing the sailboat Pretty Woman.

17 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I thought this was going to be about the rise of the Chinese sailing Empire written by Shanghai Sailor…

You are pathetic, grow up and get a life.

I'm out

1 hour ago, Matagi said:

I despise this entire place more and more. Hardly any sane person left, it seems.

but, but... didn't you read the guidelines when signing on saying that "a degree of insanity is mandatory on these here lofty sailing forums"

2 hours ago, Matagi said:

I despise this entire place more and more. Hardly any sane person left, it seems.

HAHAHAHAHA...as if there ever were any sane people here.

13 hours ago, apophenia said:

Should have been Fifty Shades of J/24.

Makes sense, since you'd need a fair amount of either flexibility or sadomasochism to do the deed aboard one.

14 hours ago, apophenia said:

Should have been Fifty Shades of J/24.

There are only three shades on a J-24:  Black and blue pink skin.

• Like 1

Getting back to the subject at hand...No Wait, I must quote another chic story, but rather applicable, at least to myself....”I’m not crazy, I’ve just been in a bad mood for 60 years”

So, getting back to the subject at hand, again...The book may be ok, but I’m going to wait for the Hallmark Movie.  

Last Hallmark movie featuring sailing (which still resides on my DVR) has better sailing than 99% of all television and movies including many that are supposed to be about sailing.  

3 hours ago, casc27 said:

HAHAHAHAHA...as if there ever were any sane people here.

Sailing is not hobby for sane people.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Santana20AE said:

Getting back to the subject at hand...No Wait, I must quote another chic story, but rather applicable, at least to myself....”I’m not crazy, I’ve just been in a bad mood for 60 years”

So, getting back to the subject at hand, again...The book may be ok, but I’m going to wait for the Hallmark Movie.  

Last Hallmark movie featuring sailing (which still resides on my DVR) has better sailing than 99% of all television and movies including many that are supposed to be about sailing.  

How about a title? My better half loves those movies and sometimes I am obligated to participate want to share.

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

How about a title? My better half loves those movies and sometimes I am obligated to participate want to share.

I’ll have to wait until I get home.  But if memory serves, sailing is in the title.  No, wait, I found it; “Sailing into Love.”

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/sailing-into-love

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Santana20AE said:

I’ll have to wait until I get home.  But if memory serves, sailing is in the title.  No, wait, I found it; “Sailing into Love.”

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/sailing-into-love

Keep in mind this is a Hallmark Movie.  Certainly not up to the quality of the documentaries, “Weekend Sailor” or My personal all time favorite, “Sail Wars.”

Here's the author's description:

Something a little different...
I'm an author, writing a Romance series based around a group of young women friends racing a J24 called 'Pretty Woman'. The Pretty Woman series is set in a fictitious harbor town on the Eastern Seaboard of the US.
A significant number of sailing scenes are included in the stories, based on my own years club and coastal racing and cruising on boats from 10-38 feet. These scenes are intended to inform and entertain readers with little or no sailing experience, while providing sufficient detail and realism to satisfy experienced sailors.
The first book, 'To Heaven' is published and available as an ebook on Amazon (Kindle) and Kobo, as well as a paperback and large print version (for those who find their sailing is now restricted to tacking an armchair around the lounge). Links are below:
Please be aware that the romance heat level is HOT (explicit), not unlike that found when half a dozen J24's arrive simultaneously under spinnaker at the last mark prior to the leg to the finish. In 20 knots of breeze, in the final race of the series. With all series places still up for grabs.

It does seem there is more public interest in sailing in my little redneck puddle.   A guy in a jaguar pulled up next to me derigging a well used 45 year old Bucc 18 last week and asked if he could crew for me next time.    I have his number.  The next night after work a couple guys at the beach flagged me down on a Rhodes 22 and asked if they could swim out to the boat.   They climbed in and clowned around for a couple minutes (possibly high) but one guy's daughter was too scared to come out by the white guy so they swam back.   It was their first time on a boat.   Then an anchored powerboater Sunday called the R-22 beautiful and wanted to know how hard sailing was to learn.    Coincidence, or are others seeing the same thing?

I’m chalking all the newfound interest in a combination of prime time reality shows about super power/sailing yachts and all of the social media influencers who suddenly discovered cruising (renamed “expedition sailing,” because, you know, that generation seems to LOVE renaming things that have already commonly existed for many, many moons in order to claim them as originally their own…).

6 hours ago, BlondeWithFreeBoat said:

The punctuation issue in the last two sentences doesn't instill a ton of confidence. 

I don't think people will read it for the punctuation........

• 2 weeks later...

Saw (only part was all I could stand) the Worst Sailing Show in the history of moving pictures 

True Dating Stories

the boat was a new Beneteau Oceanis 38.  Seeing one brief shot was The Highlight of the show of what I was able to stomach. (Tacking under power with the jib up, main was still furled in the mast and of course, all the bumpers dragging in the water)  

Takes a strong, strong constitution to get through all the bull.  (I only made it about 5 minutes).  And the sailing was disgustingly poor.  

A spoof for sure, but a really, really bad spoof.  

5 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Saw (only part was all I could stand) the Worst Sailing Show in the history of moving pictures 

True Dating Stories

the boat was a new Beneteau Oceanis 38.  Seeing one brief shot was The Highlight of the show of what I was able to stomach. (Tacking under power with the jib up, main was still furled in the mast and of course, all the bumpers dragging in the water)  

Takes a strong, strong constitution to get through all the bull.  (I only made it about 5 minutes).  And the sailing was disgustingly poor.  

A spoof for sure, but a really, really bad spoof.  

The set designer is clearly a sailor and made the TV boat look as bad as possible so he would look better when he took first dates out on his boat.

This will backfire when non-sailing spouses/partners insist on leaving the fenders out because that's how it is supposed to be done.

The Painbox Chronicles