Fox News is Killing People

You can tell that some type of message has gone out to the TV personalities to get behind the vaccines after trashing it for the last 6 months) but Tucker and Kilmeade are having none of it.  It’s Fox’s airwaves they could shut that shit down but they’re playing both sides of the game.

4 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

If you find Fox ‘News’ problematic but not CNN et al then you too are the mark.

Just compare their coverage of Covid if you think they are equally problematic . . 

You are way wrong, fractally so in fact. 

7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Just compare their coverage of Covid if you think they are equally problematic . . 

3 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Sea Warrior is a troll. Facts don't matter to "it". 

Here are a couple of the marks now.

lol

• Downvote 1

This is not original, but I am stealing it:

If you are choosing between Fox and CNN and weighing your options, then if you are on a flight and the flight attendant offers you a choice between some kind of dry looking chicken and canned carrots or a plate of dogshit mixed with cat litter and seasoned with Ebola, you will take some time weighing these equivalent options and stuff your face with dogshit.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Lol

The collective “news” organizations in this country in specific and in the world in general are pathetic.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot you idiot.

The change of tone on Foxy News tells me that their lawyers had a chat with the boss. Bullshitting is one thing. Bullshitting that results in a massive class of relatives of dead people who didn’t have to die is quite another. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The change of tone on Foxy News tells me that their lawyers had a chat with the boss. Bullshitting is one thing. Bullshitting that results in a massive class of relatives of dead people who didn’t have to die is quite another. 

I can see Hannity's advertisers call in and say "Stop killing our customers!"

Dead people don't buy gold futures. Or life insurance.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

I can see Hannity's advertisers call in and say "Stop killing our customers!"

Dead people don't buy gold futures. Or life insurance.

But they do buy funeral services and caskets and burial plots. So maybe Hannity/Fox just need to adjust their target market a little.

2 minutes ago, bhyde said:

But they do buy funeral services and caskets and burial plots. So maybe Hannity/Fox just need to adjust their target market a little.

They can adjust the target from brain dead to fully deceased. This strategy eliminates the return customer problem

1 hour ago, saxdog said:

Sea Warrior is a troll. Facts don't matter to "it". 

The "Lol" tells you all you need to know about the Sea Slug.

- I presume it's still using it on every post? (ignore is so soothing)

19 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

I believe in the vaccination. But it world be helpful if the highest leaders in our government would be pushing a vax that their own government (FDA) has fully approved. 

‘Take the shot!’

’Have you fully approved it yet?’ 

‘No, hopefully we will by the end of next month. But take it anyway!’ 

‘Well, fuck off then and call me next month’. 

How many millions of people have taken one of the vaccines ?

How many unvaccinated people are dying or severely ill from Covid vs. vaccinated people ?

Math is your friend.

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

I believe in the vaccination. But it world be helpful if the highest leaders in our government would be pushing a vax that their own government (FDA) has fully approved. 

‘Take the shot!’

’Have you fully approved it yet?’ 

‘No, hopefully we will by the end of next month. But take it anyway!’ 

‘Well, fuck off then and call me next month’. 

But since you don't believe that the government tells the truth, why would waiting for governmental approval (of something that has been successfully field tested by 200,000,000 people in the US alone) make any difference to you.  

• Like 1

FOX isn't just encouraging people to refuse to protect themselves, they are pushing fascism, corporatism and anything else that will destroy democracy, the US Constitution and everything it stands for.  All the while with red, white and blue waving in the background.

It just shows you their followers pay more attention to imagery than content.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jules said:

FOX isn't just encouraging people to refuse to protect themselves, they are pushing fascism, corporatism and anything else that will destroy democracy, the US Constitution and everything it stands for.  All the while with red, white and blue waving in the background.

It just shows you their followers pay more attention to imagery than content.

But if they kill off enough fascist, corporatists, and any others who will destroy democracy in the process, they may end up saving it. I admit I'm torn. 

• Like 2
Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

But if they kill off enough fascist, corporatists, and any others who will destroy democracy in the process, they may end up saving it. I admit I'm torn. 

I see your dilemma but the problem is they don't kill off enough.  We need FOX to go all in.

Maybe they can simply tell their followers to jump off a cliff or a tall building, as a test to see if they are one of the chosen, like TFG.  If they are, god's hand will catch them.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I see your dilemma but the problem is they don't kill off enough.  We need FOX to go all in.

Maybe they can simply tell their followers to jump off a cliff or a tall building, as a test to see if they are one of the chosen, like TFG.  If they are, god's hand will catch them.

Just tell them that Libs hate nothing more than seeing Good American Patriots going all Thelma and Louise and watch the vroom vroom parade. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Jules said:

Just schedule a few more boat parades.  That should thin the herd.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just tell them that Libs hate nothing more than seeing Good American Patriots going all Thelma and Louise and watch the vroom vroom parade. 

This is so. I would hate nothing more than to see Good American Patriots going all Thelma and Louise. That would hella show me. Truly, I would have to avert my eyes and pray to the good Lord above to rain down divine vengeance upon disgusting liberals such as myself.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

This is what we’re dealing with when it comes to Fox watchers and Trumpaloons.  Sadly he did not die and we the insured are on the hook for his abject stupidity.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/twitter-loses-its-mind-over-man-refusing-vaccines-after-hospitalization-for-covid-pneumonia-this-is-what-a-death-cult-looks-like/

the replies to that are classic. 

6 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Read much?

I said I took the Vax.  In April. It was Pfizer  

Jesus you people must have cut elementary school too much to go catfish noodlin 

Good for you. We are all impressed.

My statement holds in general for those who trot out the FDA excuse, however.

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

This is so. I would hate nothing more than to see Good American Patriots going all Thelma and Louise. That would hella show me. Truly, I would have to avert my eyes and pray to the good Lord above to rain down divine vengeance upon disgusting liberals such as myself.

Seems a waste of classic convertibles,  but whatever

22 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

A044E536-CF06-4A88-BE4F-B2C678C97904.jpeg

That should’ve read

“don’t worry there won’t be another lock down we’ll  just normalize dying from Covid like we’ve normalized dying from abortion, gangbangers violence, gun violence, police shootings, lack of personal responsibility, suicide, opioids, lack of access to medical care.”

The truth shall set you free..

godamn, the right-wing looks worse than shit here, same old. wonder if they'd look any better if they simply admitted they're being led around by their snouts by their old masters; 'the economy', freedumb and spite?

simple mf'ers...

Republicans Stumble Trying To Show More Urgency About COVID-19 Vaccines

Fox News host Sean Hannity, who previously called COVID-19 a “hoax,” promoted the vaccine on his show this week. House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (La.) received the shot this week after saying months ago that he would be getting it “soon.” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has been urging Floridians to get vaccinated. And Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) has repeatedly encouraged vaccinations in recent days. 

But House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) rejected the idea Thursday that Republicans have been speaking differently about vaccines.

“I don’t think we shifted in our tone,” he said, explaining that the rapid development of the vaccine has always been a top Republican achievement under former President Donald Trump. 

And some other Republicans aren’t quite ready to ditch the doubt and skepticism they’ve sown in the public about the danger of the virus and the effectiveness of the vaccines. 

House Republicans gathered for a news conference with doctors Thursday morning, which was billed as a push to get more Americans vaccinated and to discuss the new delta variant, which is more contagious and spreading rapidly around the country. But they spent most of their time blaming China for creating an “evil virus,” as Scalise put it, and criticizing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for not doing enough to examine its origins.

“Why is she trying to do the work of the Chinese communist party in covering this up?” asked Scalise.

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

But House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) rejected the idea Thursday that Republicans have been speaking differently about vaccines.

Is this guy so weak that he can't stand up without TFG holding him up like a ventriloquist's puppet?

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Is this guy so weak that he can't stand up without TFG holding him up like a ventriloquist's puppet?

Assuming a proper manicure, the space where his spine would normally be provides ample room for the puppeteer's whole arm. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Republicans Stumble Trying To Show More Urgency About COVID-19 Vaccines

Fox News host Sean Hannity, who previously called COVID-19 a “hoax,” promoted the vaccine on his show this week. House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (La.) received the shot this week after saying months ago that he would be getting it “soon.” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has been urging Floridians to get vaccinated. And Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) has repeatedly encouraged vaccinations in recent days. 

“I don’t think we shifted in our tone,” he said, explaining that the rapid development of the vaccine has always been a top Republican achievement under former President Donald Trump. 

And some other Republicans aren’t quite ready to ditch the doubt and skepticism they’ve sown in the public about the danger of the virus and the effectiveness of the vaccines. 

House Republicans gathered for a news conference with doctors Thursday morning, which was billed as a push to get more Americans vaccinated and to discuss the new delta variant, which is more contagious and spreading rapidly around the country. But they spent most of their time blaming China for creating an “evil virus,” as Scalise put it, and criticizing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for not doing enough to examine its origins.

“Why is she trying to do the work of the Chinese communist party in covering this up?” asked Scalise.

Does the GOP have a centralized messaging system?

In the last couple of days a number of these automatons suddenly endorsed the vaccines.

GOP are The Borg.  

image.png.d188d84ad335261bcf2c26e86ba7ec00.png

10 hours ago, Burning Man said:
14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sad but true.

Stupid is killing people. 

1 hour ago, saxdog said:

Does the GOP have a centralized messaging system?

In the last couple of days a number of these automatons suddenly endorsed the vaccines.

GOP are The Borg.  

image.png.d188d84ad335261bcf2c26e86ba7ec00.png

Yep, they all share a single brain.

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just like the nicotine peddlers were taken down for lying

and the gun manufacturers are facing some consequences of theirs (tbd)

I'd love it if Fox got smacked hard because of lying. 

• Like 2

Long and detailed interview with Dr Peter Hotez, our local Fauci on the Delta variant and answering a host of questions including the misinformation gangs which include FOX of course but also Russia Times - Putin's efforts to erode our confidence in our own government.  There is a recording and a transcript, now posting because of it's length - there is a paywall but I believe you are allowed 5 reads per month.  If anyone can't access this let me know.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Dr-Peter-Hotez-Delta-variant-like-nothing-16332812.php

Warning, it's long and detailed and full of fact type stuff.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
On 7/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

13046269-A277-4B41-941E-097F6252E511.jpeg

Expand  Expand  

Darwin works slowly.

But he works.

Yup.  I said a while back that the delta variant is Darwin's most recent attempt to balance the books.  I'm hoping it thins the herd of the weak and stupid just like natural selection is supposed to.  I think science, tech and medicine is great.  But one of the glaring drawbacks of them that few acknowledge is that they enable the weak and the stupid to survive well beyond where they should have been able to.  And their genes continue to get added to the public swimming pool.  And unfortunately they seem to breed the most.  GO COVID!!!

7 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Just like the nicotine peddlers were taken down for lying

and the gun manufacturers are facing some consequences of theirs (tbd)

I'd love it if Fox got smacked hard because of lying. 

Not a fine though.

Yank their broadcast license

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Yup.  I said a while back that the delta variant is Darwin's most recent attempt to balance the books.  I'm hoping it thins the herd of the weak and stupid just like natural selection is supposed to.  I think science, tech and medicine is great.  But one of the glaring drawbacks of them that few acknowledge is that they enable the weak and the stupid to survive well beyond where they should have been able to.  And their genes continue to get added to the public swimming pool.  And unfortunately they seem to breed the most.  GO COVID!!!

Seriously?  You need help.

Here you go, bullshitters.  Just what I was saying a day or two ago.  Be careful bullshitting about the vaccines, boys, lest you kill someone. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/07/fox-news-tucker-carlson-vaccine-lawsuit.html 

The Farst Aminmint protects your right to spread bullshit, Bubba, but it doesn't shield you (or us, unfortunately) from the consequences of your bullshitting. 

18 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Blood on your hands too, bullshitters. 

Neocon Kool-Aid time for rosy. GULP. :D 

I find it interesting that the looney left has decided that it’s only republican or right leaning people who refuse to take the vaccine.

In my experience in Chicago, it’s overwhelmingly  people of the Democratic persuasion who fear the shot/don’t trust the government.

10 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

In my experience in Chicago

National stats are of course different . . 

Hasty Generalization Fallacy

Making an unwarranted claim about the group from the particulars or characteristics of a select few within the group. The characteristic or characteristics of a person who belongs to a group doesn’t therefore necessarily translate those characteristics to the group taken as a whole, or to most of the members of the group.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sea warrior said:

I find it interesting that the looney left has decided that it’s only republican or right leaning people who refuse to take the vaccine.

In my experience in Chicago, it’s overwhelmingly  people of the Democratic persuasion who fear the shot/don’t trust the government.

The people of Chicago are overwhelmingly Democrats. Cook County is about 75% D.

Do you suppose that might have something to do with it?

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-covid-illinois-vaccine-july-4/10851342/

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A monumental task and a monumental accomplishment as many Chicago area counties meet President Biden's goal of 70% of adults with at least one COVID vaccination.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

The people of Chicago are overwhelmingly Democrats. Cook County is about 75% D.

Yea, I’m aware of that.

I’m also aware that Chicago has some of the highest taxes in the nation and some of the worst corruption and some of the worst violence in the nation.

Do you think that being 75% doucheocrat has anything to do with that?

lol

27 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I’m also aware that Chicago has

Yeah but Chicago!!!!!

200.gif

On 7/24/2021 at 7:43 AM, Not for nothing said:

I got my JJ shot yesterday , the shot didn't hurt but the chip implant and tattoo ID did, thanks to FAUX  news for changing my mind on the Vaccine 

But now, when I want to talk to Bill Gates, I just whisper into my shoulder.

13 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

In my experience in Chicago, i

But Chicago!!!!!!!!

200.gif

55 minutes ago, random. said:

But Chicago!!!!!!!!

Have you been there?  I think I've been to our 10 largest cities, and Chicago is my favorite.  Trump liked to point out the gun violence, but it hasn't changed...his lemmings don't care about numbers (something you or I would call statistics).

Random, not directed at you.

Playing The Knife by Genesis too loud in ear muffs.

5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Have you been there?  I think I've been to our 10 largest cities, and Chicago is my favorite.  Trump liked to point out the gun violence, but it hasn't changed...his lemmings don't care about numbers (something you or I would call statistics).

Random, not directed at you.

Playing The Knife by Genesis too loud in ear muffs.

Haven't been there.

I'm pointing out that the gun nuts here always want to quote Shitcago statistics ... then there are the racists who ...

On 7/26/2021 at 8:40 AM, gptyk said:

Chicago ha long been a right/faux talking point/bullshit.

An article about it, from 2016: https://chicagoist.com/2016/08/29/how_and_why_chicago_violence_became.php

What's interesting about that article (If any of you bothered to read it all), is that nowhere does it refute the factual nature of the talking points as to Chicago's violence problem.  Just that it's bad on **Dogballs** to focus on it and make it political.

• 2 weeks later...