What happened to the Climate Change Deniers?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the crap about why and how is of little use. The real question is what can realistically be done. Lots of crap about green this, solar that, wind, EV's and so on. All good on a small scale for dev

In a dark cave, even a small candle seems blinding.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, chum said:

Random? How could this be?

SCOMO is our really tame version of Trump

I didn't vote for him.

But like Trump, he will be out on his arse soon enough.

I blame the animals . If 6 billion of the little fuckers had bothered to have driven cars, ran aircon and burnt fossil fuels for a few generations we wouldn't be so lacking in historical evidence when we do our no-impact dance. 

Fuck Bambi and his mates.

2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Nothing I said was something I want you to "believe".  Nor were they suggestions.  Just statements of fact. 

You posed all sorts of limitations and "problems" with renewables.  Like the need for multiple nodes and geopolitical issues and that there are politics to be played.  Gosh!  When did that penny drop for you?  

Good thing Saudi Arabia and Russia haven't ever played that political power card with fossil fuels.  We'd be in a world of hurt.  

Your first para was just a piece of facetious bile. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure as fuck not facts as a normal person would see them.

Yes I point out problems with the standard answer everyone gives for saving the world. Solar, wind, batteries, ev vehicles etc. None of them make any real sense on a world wide stage. Let's install solar and batteries to run all of Africa or Asia or S America, all by 2030 or whatever the latest tipping point is. Even 2050, no way is it going to happen, for a variety of reasons.

You obviously believe it can happen. That we can set up enough factories, mine enough minerals, create the infrastructure in undeveloped countries and save the world. Hey, fair enough, go for it. I am a bit more of a realist, which is why I feel we need to be doing much more on how we will deal with change.

Why shouldn't I like the lithium or rare earth metals stock punt? It's just a punt, but I like it these days. 

Great, we need to be doing much more (A statement I agree with, BTW), but you will sit back and point out the problems with any and all new technology.  

Very useful and helpful bit of posturing.  Very satisfying bit of trollery.

You do you.  Have a good evening.  It's nice and warm here.

Jizzy needs to try rationalize (mostly to himself) that over reliance on petroleum products is merely the default because he's right-wing and doesn't want to feel like a bloody misguided dinosaur.

persistent old fk'r, and he'll get nasty if you challenge his personal opinionated narrative which is nine-parts bullshit.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Great, we need to be doing much more (A statement I agree with, BTW), but you will sit back and point out the problems with any and all new technology.  

Very useful and helpful bit of posturing.  Very satisfying bit of trollery.

You do you.  Have a good evening.  It's nice and warm here.

I point out problems that I can see. Do you really think we could make enough solar panels to run the world? New technologies, yet to see one that is working in a way that will work on a global scale. If you know of some that do, happy to hear about them. 

Here in NZ one of the big power companies (50% government owned) is looking for partners to create a hydrogen industry. This at a time when we import over a million tonnes of coal to make up for our shortfall. At the same time our government is offering subsidies so those with the money can buy EV's. So all our electric vehicles are actually coal powered. You couldn't make this shit up.

So, any thoughts on ideas that will work globally, keen to discuss. The standard joke answers that are just never going to work, not so much. The fact you consider it trolling says more about you than me. PA used to be a place where there were often good discussions between people that disagreed. Sadly that has changed, now it is a place where most feel an opinion that differs from theirs is trolling, or worse.

So I will leave you to your echo chamber, 3into1 will be happy to keep you company.

11 minutes ago, Gissie said:

PA used to be a place where there were often good discussions between people that disagreed. Sadly that has changed, now it is a place where most feel an opinion that differs from theirs is trolling, or worse.

Hahahahaaaaaa

Fuck off denier.

It was never a place where bullshit like yours was tolerated, you stupid stupid cunt.

tumblr_o60gxrlQe61rnjqgdo1_250.gifv

1 hour ago, random. said:

Hahahahaaaaaa

Fuck off denier.

It was never a place where bullshit like yours was tolerated, you stupid stupid cunt.

Where have I denied climate change?

What I do deny is that you have a developmental age greater than two.

• Like 1

You got the award for being a reasonably good Climate Change Denier.

Good one's don't outright deny, they Sow Seeds of Fear and Doubt!

That's what you do, Congratulations Bro!

image.png.2f8455bcc9c615caad5dc2e53e40becf.png

5 minutes ago, random. said:

You got the award for being a reasonably good Climate Change Denier.

Good one's don't outright deny, they Sow Seeds of Fear and Doubt!

That's what you do, Congratulations Bro!

Real climate warriors don't drive emissions cheating VWs. Thet don't take pre emissions motor cycles on leisure rides. They don't run ACs 24/7 and blame their wife. They don't keep herds of cattle & horses.

I bet you still have a pantry full of palm oil products. 

4 hours ago, Gissie said:

Here in NZ one of the big power companies (50% government owned) is looking for partners to create a hydrogen industry. This at a time when we import over a million tonnes of coal to make up for our shortfall. At the same time our government is offering subsidies so those with the money can buy EV's. So all our electric vehicles are actually coal powered. You couldn't make this shit up.

There are some ways to help make it better - but they all require a certain amount of 'loss of choice' and an increase risk of injury.

For example, there is a certain synergy between solar and electric cars - IF you can convince the consumer to charge their cars during the middle of the day when the solar is most likely to be available.  That usually means public - not private - charging.  For example, every car parking place in the local strip mall or office building should have a charger included.   What's the problem?  It's really challenging and expensive to install that much electric power expos facto to a building or parking lot without just having a crap ton of wires strung around.  Trickle charging is too slow - they need to have more juice than that which means heavier and thicker wires and potentially lethal voltages.

For scooters - the Chinese - and soon to be Indian solution - is swapable battery packs.  That'll help.  Those countries have a LOT of scooters.  The batteries can then be charged slowly to improve cycle life and can be handled by one person.  Car size battery packs are a different beast - they're a lot heavier, and more importantly, not standardized.    Part of what makes a Tesla a Tesla is that the battery is a structural component.  That's part of how you make a pretty car and maximize personal space inside the car.    That's a toughy.

Electric buses with hot swap battery packs are coming - at least to Asia.  The US has tried out electric busses but fleet scale battery recharging requires CONSIDERABLY more space and bus maintenance locations tend to be in cities where real estate is already expensive and no one wants an expanded service capability in THEIR neighborhood.   And, unfortunately, weather impacts battery life considerably more than a low efficiency IC engine.    For example, from the Boston MBTA trial.  That's always the problem with 'efficiency' - when you gain efficiency, you lose resiliency. 

There are lots of plans in place but they all cost a lot of money.  IC engines exist because the work well and have had a hundred years to get optimized.  In order to switch in any meaningful way requires restructuring.  That means winners and losers.  The Status Quo is REALLLLLLLLYYY hard to displace.  Essentially, impossible without generational change in attitudes - which is on its way - but takes generations.    The MBTA plan to reorganize was essentially a 20 year plan - the first 17 of which were the legal fights and eminent domain struggle to expand their service yard - followed by 3 years of building.

MBTA-Comparison-chart-1000x451.png.4c9685173eb98fa0c82b4e7ef64bc0a5.png

On the hydrogen front, I'd bet in 5 years, NZ cuts a deal for fracked US LNG but we'll see.  I really don't know anything about the NZ energy plan or the fine print.  If they require 'hydrogen' for some reason, then it gets weird - Hydrogen is a decent enough fuel but as a storage medium, is a cluster fuck.

2 hours ago, random. said:

Randumb rolls over with his tail between his legs. Can't deny his VW emission cheater, can't deny his leisure cycle, can't deny his ACs. Not willing to reject palm oil.

He's a climate change hypocrite.

6 minutes ago, 00seven said:

Randumb rolls over with his tail between his legs. Can't deny his VW emission cheater, can't deny his leisure cycle, can't deny his ACs. Not willing to reject palm oil.

He's a climate change hypocrite.

I have 2.5 hectares of Bamboo plantation.  I secure more carbon a year than I burn, which ain't much these days.  I ship semi trailers of it off.  Trapped CO2. 

How's your diesel 4WD going?  Are you off-setting your emissions?

image.png

17 hours ago, WhoaTed said:

“Yea…nah”.

Brilliant timing and delivery.

They are really well produced.  I like the "and that adds up to approximately ... fuck all!"

I see DougH, after promising to fuck off, is still lurking. 

Hi ya Mikey DougH , you fuckwit!

I'd suggest you come back and play with us, except we don't want to.  Climate change Anti-vaxxers are fucking boring cunts as a rule.

14 minutes ago, random. said:

I have 2.5 hectares of Bamboo plantation.

6 acres of invasive weed? You go girl!

5 minutes ago, random. said:

I'm not creating memes and chasing people all over the boards here. There's only one pathetic fool doing that.

You go girl!

On 7/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, DougH said:

I am not an expert climatologist. But I know physics, chemistry, math, cosmology, and more.

BS Engineering Science, University of Michigan

Worked 35 years in auto emissions. Job included reading and critiquing many lengthy technical reports and presenting findings to small and large audiences. Also had to analyze and summarize large data sets.

I have read the IPCC reports. I wonder if others here have?

U of M Engineering must be so disappointed ... and embarrassed. If you are such a competent scientist why do you quote temperatures in Fahrenheit?

7 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
On 7/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, DougH said:

BS Engineering Science, University of Michigan

Worked 35 years in auto emissions. ...   ...

U of M Engineering must be so disappointed ... and embarrassed. If you are such a competent scientist why do you quote temperatures in Fahrenheit?

35 years of inhaling CO

Although, be it noted, I myself give measurements in King Edward III's units often, so as to avoid suspicion and lengthy translation for the peasants

- DSK

6 hours ago, Gissie said:

Blah blah

More blah

There in NZ, your electrical power generation is mostly hydroelectric, 57% and geothermal+wind account for another 17%. So switching from gasoline cars which use 100% gasoline over to EVs which currently (get it, currently; honestly, I kill myself) uses 81% renewable electricity seems like a good thing.

Do you need me to explain rugby rules as well? Sailing? Honestly, I'm here to help. Have you considering emigrating to Australia? From the looks of it, both countries would get smarter.

image.png.f0c1e74e85ee3b166ee8e4217dbe1075.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_New_Zealand#Generation

10 hours ago, Gissie said:

I point out problems that I can see. Do you really think we could make enough solar panels to run the world? New technologies, yet to see one that is working in a way that will work on a global scale. If you know of some that do, happy to hear about them. 

So, any thoughts on ideas that will work globally, keen to discuss. The standard joke answers that are just never going to work, not so much. The fact you consider it trolling says more about you than me. PA used to be a place where there were often good discussions between people that disagreed. Sadly that has changed, now it is a place where most feel an opinion that differs from theirs is trolling, or worse.

So I will leave you to your echo chamber, 3into1 will be happy to keep you company.

Why do you think NZ wants to wean itself from coal?  

That's your challenge for today.  Maybe it's because they hate Australians.  

6 hours ago, Olsonist said:

There in NZ, your electrical power generation is mostly hydroelectric, 57% and geothermal+wind account for another 17%. So switching from gasoline cars which use 100% gasoline over to EVs which currently (get it, currently; honestly, I kill myself) uses 81% renewable electricity seems like a good thing.

Do you need me to explain rugby rules as well? Sailing? Honestly, I'm here to help. Have you considering emigrating to Australia? From the looks of it, both countries would get smarter.

image.png.f0c1e74e85ee3b166ee8e4217dbe1075.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_New_Zealand#Generation

Our hydro is all spoken for and we will never build any more. Although the government is talking about some squillion dollar pumped hydo scheme that most experts say is just a waste.

We are no longer allowed to look for gas to use, although it is thought there is plenty around. There is a bit of a problem with our main gas field, so we are importing dirty coal from Indonesia. Even though we have lots of good coal already here, but we are not allowed to dig it up.

From 2025 it will be illegal to install gas appliances, boilers etc. Existing gas boilers must be removed. There are subsidies for those rich enough to buy EV's and tax on others. So where will all the required power come from? We are, perhaps, losing an aluminium smelter which will free up 800mw, but they are already making plans on what to do with it. One being the production of hydrogen. Another a server farm, is is cold down where this is.

Anyway, where do we get all the new power needed? No one really seems to know. They are all sensible calls in one way, but how do we cover the increase in demand. Just buy more coal I guess and hope no one notices.

Back to my original thoughts, if it is so hard for a developed country like NZ to make it work, how will it happen on a world scale. 5 million people, tons of resources, yet struggling. Throw in millions more and no infrastructure and see how it works.

9 hours ago, BeSafe said:

There are some ways to help make it better - but they all require a certain amount of 'loss of choice' and an increase risk of injury.

For example, there is a certain synergy between solar and electric cars - IF you can convince the consumer to charge their cars during the middle of the day when the solar is most likely to be available.  That usually means public - not private - charging.  For example, every car parking place in the local strip mall or office building should have a charger included.   What's the problem?  It's really challenging and expensive to install that much electric power expos facto to a building or parking lot without just having a crap ton of wires strung around.  Trickle charging is too slow - they need to have more juice than that which means heavier and thicker wires and potentially lethal voltages.

For scooters - the Chinese - and soon to be Indian solution - is swapable battery packs.  That'll help.  Those countries have a LOT of scooters.  The batteries can then be charged slowly to improve cycle life and can be handled by one person.  Car size battery packs are a different beast - they're a lot heavier, and more importantly, not standardized.    Part of what makes a Tesla a Tesla is that the battery is a structural component.  That's part of how you make a pretty car and maximize personal space inside the car.    That's a toughy.

Electric buses with hot swap battery packs are coming - at least to Asia.  The US has tried out electric busses but fleet scale battery recharging requires CONSIDERABLY more space and bus maintenance locations tend to be in cities where real estate is already expensive and no one wants an expanded service capability in THEIR neighborhood.   And, unfortunately, weather impacts battery life considerably more than a low efficiency IC engine.    For example, from the Boston MBTA trial.  That's always the problem with 'efficiency' - when you gain efficiency, you lose resiliency. 

There are lots of plans in place but they all cost a lot of money.  IC engines exist because the work well and have had a hundred years to get optimized.  In order to switch in any meaningful way requires restructuring.  That means winners and losers.  The Status Quo is REALLLLLLLLYYY hard to displace.  Essentially, impossible without generational change in attitudes - which is on its way - but takes generations.    The MBTA plan to reorganize was essentially a 20 year plan - the first 17 of which were the legal fights and eminent domain struggle to expand their service yard - followed by 3 years of building.

MBTA-Comparison-chart-1000x451.png.4c9685173eb98fa0c82b4e7ef64bc0a5.png

On the hydrogen front, I'd bet in 5 years, NZ cuts a deal for fracked US LNG but we'll see.  I really don't know anything about the NZ energy plan or the fine print.  If they require 'hydrogen' for some reason, then it gets weird - Hydrogen is a decent enough fuel but as a storage medium, is a cluster fuck.

Thanks for the thoughtful comments. Interesting how they never talk about temperature to much when discussing EV range. I agree that it is an intergenerational change of mindset that will make the necessary changes. Plus the development of technologies that will work on a world scale.

The hydrogen in NZ seems to be a bit of a hail Mary. They want to look at using it as storage, blending with gas until they can run straight hydrogen. Even exporting it to others. But it does depend on a lot of excess electricity, which is something we don't have. Our hydro is all lower than normal at present and could be a problem this summer. Still, we get to import coal, which is good.

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

The hydrogen in NZ seems to be a bit of a hail Mary. They want to look at using it as storage, blending with gas until they can run straight hydrogen. Even exporting it to others. But it does depend on a lot of excess electricity, which is something we don't have. Our hydro is all lower than normal at present and could be a problem this summer. Still, we get to import coal, which is good.

Yea, the Germans have been banking on that strategy for a while now -  but high pressure hydrogen damages metals, leaks out along grain boundaries, and isn't a particularly friendly gas to move from one container to another.  Blending it with NG is 'kind of' an option but doesn't stop the first two problems - meaning that all the tanks/pipes have to be lined with polymers.  That strategy blends well with the existing pipeline structure though you can't really put much very much hydrogen in because the pipeline max pressure ratings aren't nearly high enough.  That's why I'm an ammonia fan - it simplifies storage but is a more hazardous gas in other ways.

More realistic is creation of chemical precursors like ethylene and propylene but realistically, the scale of the energy storage challenges dwarf the consumption of those chemicals.  When you're energy comes in 6 hour blocks, you've got to be creative to cover the other 18 hour blocks.  You REALLY can't store your way to prosperity.

I'll send you a link to a friend of mine that retired a few years ago and has been putting together his ideas.  He's a top shelf thermodynamicist and solid engineer but tends to string together too many inventions IMHO.   He LOOOVES the what if game and has done the math on hundreds of scenarios.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, random. said:

SCOMO is our really tame version of Trump

I didn't vote for him.

But like Trump, he will be out on his arse soon enough.

No no, of course you didn’t, of course not. However, enough of your fellow countrymen did that he got elected. Which, by your own logic makes you all murderous lying cunts, does it not?

:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, chum said:

No no, of course you didn’t, of course not. However, enough of your fellow countrymen did that he got elected. Which, by your own logic makes you all murderous lying cunts, does it not?

Well they are Australian, but would use underarm rather than murderous...

29 minutes ago, BeSafe said:

Yea, the Germans have been banking on that strategy for a while now -  but high pressure hydrogen damages metals, leaks out along grain boundaries, and isn't a particularly friendly gas to move from one container to another.  Blending it with NG is 'kind of' an option but doesn't stop the first two problems - meaning that all the tanks/pipes have to be lined with polymers.  That strategy blends well with the existing pipeline structure though you can't really put much very much hydrogen in because the pipeline max pressure ratings aren't nearly high enough.  That's why I'm an ammonia fan - it simplifies storage but is a more hazardous gas in other ways.

More realistic is creation of chemical precursors like ethylene and propylene but realistically, the scale of the energy storage challenges dwarf the consumption of those chemicals.  When you're energy comes in 6 hour blocks, you've got to be creative to cover the other 18 hour blocks.  You REALLY can't store your way to prosperity.

I'll send you a link to a friend of mine that retired a few years ago and has been putting together his ideas.  He's a top shelf thermodynamicist and solid engineer but tends to string together too many inventions IMHO.   He LOOOVES the what if game and has done the math on hundreds of scenarios.

All the talk here seems to gloss over the problems with hydrogen, maybe just waiting for the new technology that is always going to be ready next year.

Ammonia certainly comes with its own issues...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, chum said:

The differnce is that unlike you, I am not defending the cunts.

You on the other hand salute your flag and think invading other countries is a good thing!

You are a murderous cunt.

Q7L.gif

Let's be clear.... Deniers are thread size/count.

a unit of weight by which the fineness of silk, rayon, or nylon yarn is measured, equal to the weight in grams of 9,000 meters of the yarn and often used to describe the thickness of hosiery.
"840 denier nylon"
15 minutes ago, random. said:

The differnce is that unlike you, I am not defending the cunts.

You on the other hand salute your flag and think invading other countries is a good thing!

You are a murderous cunt.

Q7L.gif

Cite?

1 minute ago, chum said:

Cite?

You first.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, Olsonist said:

I've got an easier thought experiment. Suppose Australia even cut its CO2 emissions. Cuz when you're ahead of the US, you know you're farting up a storm.

On 7/24/2021 at 5:51 AM, DougH said:

Seriously? You equate the two?

Granted, it's a sample size of one since I don't usually hang with the type, but the one guy I know who's a loud Covid Denier, was a loud CC denier, and was(is) a defender of Big Toe-backie.

14 hours ago, chum said:

Cite?

You don’t have one cause you’re just a flag sucking murderous cunt who’s sneaking around secretly killing the earth while blaming everyone else. Sneaky fucking cunt.

Fuckwit.

52 minutes ago, Gissie said:

I thought the prediction was more powerful storms from climate change, not more frequent?!   

Also, how could a fisherman in 1851 differentiate a tropical storm with episodes of hurricane force wind from a true hurricane?   

1 hour ago, Lark said:

I thought the prediction was more powerful storms from climate change, not more frequent?!   

Also, how could a fisherman in 1851 differentiate a tropical storm with episodes of hurricane force wind from a true hurricane?   

Yet we can say that those today are stronger than those in 1851 by looking at tree rings?

Not my research, take it up with them. Just thought it may be of interest, but only to those willing to consider other ideas. Which here is a very small group.

Climate emergency not slowed by COVID-19 pandemic and planet's 'vital signs' worsening, scientists say

Key points:

• Scientists have declared Earth's "vital signs" are worsening, despite a change in habits because of COVID-19
  • Emissions have reached an all-time high even though air traffic has declined
  • Australia is an outlier in both setting targets and strategies to reduce emissions 
17 minutes ago, random. said:

Climate emergency not slowed by COVID-19 pandemic and planet's 'vital signs' worsening, scientists say

Key points:

• Scientists have declared Earth's "vital signs" are worsening, despite a change in habits because of COVID-19
  • Emissions have reached an all-time high even though air traffic has declined
  • Australia is an outlier in both setting targets and strategies to reduce emissions 

this wee gentle virus wasn't really ever going to slow shit as far as that's concerned. I remember it was randomly thrown around in 2020 and I thought it was a cute sentiment. more words.

it'll take asteroid level calamities to stop us running amok like greedy chickens with our heads cut off. 

'strange times'.

• Like 1

Global warming, in my eyes, is a good and desirable thing.

I fuckin' hate being cold. If it was 30-35C all year round, with varying humidity,  I'd be Happy.

Young women here tend to wear the bare minimum at those temps, which has strong aesthetic and health benefits. It makes the scenery better (isn't Nature wonderful?) and research has confirmed that the sight of a nice set of boobs produces chemical reactions which are good for male cardiovascular and mental health.

Also, if I live long enough, my property will become beachfront acreage.

4 hours ago, Happy said:

Global warming, in my eyes, is a good and desirable thing.

I fuckin' hate being cold. If it was 30-35C all year round, with varying humidity,  I'd be Happy.

Young women here tend to wear the bare minimum at those temps, which has strong aesthetic and health benefits. It makes the scenery better (isn't Nature wonderful?) and research has confirmed that the sight of a nice set of boobs produces chemical reactions which are good for male cardiovascular and mental health.

Also, if I live long enough, my property will become beachfront acreage.

One lousy metre of sea level rise and I wouldn't have to wait until half tide to get on/off my beach & out to my boat.

One lousy metre. Is that too much to ask?

It's a well known fact that far more people die from low temperatures than high temperatures anyway.

FKT

37 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

One lousy metre of sea level rise and I wouldn't have to wait until half tide to get on/off my beach & out to my boat.

It's a well known fact that far more people die from low temperatures than high temperatures anyway.

FKT

I could stop obsessing over lift-keel or centerboard boats because of our shallow creek, although I suspect it silts in about as fast as the water rises.

But not many people die of low temps around here. Roofers and athletes drop in the summer, fairly regularly. Last one was a couple of weeks ago.

- DSK

27 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Where I live the land is sinking, it has been since the last Ice age when Ice the other end of the UK tilted it up.. So currently it's sinking by up to 0.3mm a year.. so in the last 40 years since I first came here it's dropped about 12mm.

My house is 19ft ASL so I've got 19,303 years till I have to paddle into the house..

It does partly explain why the next parish which was mostly flat salt marsh land , had to petition Henry the 8th about 1520  to reduce their taxes, which were on 2000 Acres (as in Doomsday book in 1085) as their land was down to less than 200 acres..

3 minutes ago, The Q said:

Where I live the land is sinking, it has been since the last Ice age when Ice the other end of the UK tilted it up.. So currently it's sinking by up to 0.3mm a year.. so in the last 40 years since I first came here it's dropped about 12mm.

My house is 19ft ASL so I've got 19,303 years till I have to paddle into the house..

It does partly explain why the next parish which was mostly flat salt marsh land , had to petition Henry the 8th about 1520  to reduce their taxes, which were on 2000 Acres (as in Doomsday book in 1085) as their land was down to less than 200 acres..

Time to start deporting all of your fat chicks. Maybe over here to Gnu Yawk....so they can help sinking that shit hole instead....

39 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Time to start deporting all of your fat chicks. Maybe over here to Gnu Yawk....so they can help sinking that shit hole instead....

Who's got the most fat chicks? Google it. :D 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:14 AM, random. said:

Well, WTF happened?

They used to occupy every second post in PA.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:02 PM, Gissie said:

PA used to be a place where there were often good discussions between people that disagreed. Sadly that has changed, now it is a place where most feel an opinion that differs from theirs is trolling, or worse.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:16 PM, random. said:

Hahahahaaaaaa

Fuck off denier.

I have not been around for about a month because of Aholes like you Mr. Randumb. It is impossible to chat on this swirling turd bowl of a website because guys like you and scot keep up your shit slinging

My boat is in the water after getting a new bottom sprayed on and things are looking good for a sail soon. I just need to replace some expired safety eq.

I am going to hopefully meet and take for a sail soon, a nor cal sailor vacationing in Carp.

Hanging in the A frame curing.

1232066239_20210721_1435331.thumb.jpg.f85dde7fcef2a72ab199d20a55d277e0.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I have not been around for about a month because of Aholes like you Mr. Randumb. It is impossible to chat on this swirling turd bowl of a website because guys like you and scot keep up your shit slinging

You mean some people keep posting sciency stuff and call out Trump voters for their bullshit?

You call that shit-slinging?  Ok then.

Maybe you should take a longer break, take some time to educate yourself and get back to us.

3 minutes ago, random. said:

You mean some people keep posting sciency stuff

You are sure as fuck not in this group. Maybe long ago, but for quite a while you just make inane comments and post silly pictures.

Maybe to much of the good old queensland sun has addled you brains. Or early onset dementia? Whatever it is, sensible or sciency it most certainly isn't.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, Gissie said:

Heartland Institute funded it.

YHTBFKM!

"The Heartland Institute is a Chicago-based free market think tank and 501(c)(3) charity that has been at the forefront of denying the scientific evidence for man-made climate change. The Heartland Institute has received at least $676,500 from ExxonMobil since 1998 but no longer discloses its funding sources. According to ExxonMobil’s worldwide giving reports, it appears to have stopped funding Heartland among other climate change denial groups around 2007.  The Union of Concerned Scientists found (PDF) that “Nearly 40% of the total funds that the Heartland Institute has received from ExxonMobil since 1998 were specifically designated for climate change projects.” [1], [281]"

200.gif

On 7/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, Olsonist said:

Now this is funni you fuckwit.:lol: @random

Sneaky fuckers blaming the rest of the world. 
The best defense is a good offense huh buddy?

Fuckwit hypocrite.  Murderers too, the whole lot of you. 

3 hours ago, Gissie said:

You are sure as fuck not in this group.

This is Gissie, his name is Gissie.

Gissie posts shit from Climate Denial businesses

While claiming that he is not a Climate Change Denier!

Gissie is a lying cunt!

Harden the fuck up everybody and call the cunt out.

2 minutes ago, random. said:

Gissie is a lying cunt!

There's a HUGE difference between those who 'deny' climate change? And those of us who simply don't give a shit. 

So harden the fuk up, Honey.....

2 minutes ago, random. said:

Gissie is a lying cunt!

Now we know why Random sees liars everywhere, that’s what liars do. You could say he’s bullshitting too. 

9 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

There's a HUGE difference between those who 'deny' climate change? And those of us who simply don't give a shit. 

As you have been told already, go pick up my litter bitch!

20 minutes ago, chum said:

Now we know why Random sees liars everywhere, that’s what liars do. You could say he’s bullshitting too. 

Ok, maybe I got it wrong.

You see Exxon packages up their lies in a way that can fool stupid people.  Maybe Gissie is just stupid.

My apologies Gissie, do some digging to see how you have been fooled.

Take your time.  We can wait.

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, random. said:

Ok, maybe I got it wrong.

You see Exxon packages up their lies in a way that can fool stupid people.  Maybe Gissie is just stupid.

My apologies Gissie, do some digging to see how you have been fooled.

Take your time.  We can wait.

tenor.gif

Glass houses bro.

44 minutes ago, chum said:

I can prove these claims, as I did with Gissie.

What you got?

6 hours ago, random. said:

I can prove these claims, as I did with Gissie.

What you got?

You didn't prove fuck all. I posted something as perhaps being of interest. You find it must be completely wrong because some the the publishers funds came from an energy company. Fine, no skin off my nose. What it does explain is that you will only accept opinions or data that fits your ideas. You are a believer in science being settled with nothing more to learn. Again, no problem with you having a closed mind, sort of suits you.

Then of course, anyone that doesn't bow down before your settled science and is prepared to at least read other papers,  is just a denier shill. You are just a pathetic excuse for a human being, offering nothing to any conversation. More than likely a reason for many of those that used to offer different, reasoned views to leave.

Yet this is what you need. Like some arse hole from the dark ages, refusing to believe you could be wrong. That science changes and moves is an anathema to your existence. So I will leave you to your backward existence, making up shit to justify your pathetic life. Claiming those like myself are deniers and shills. Whatever Ran, you are a dick of the highest order, so I shall leave you to your basement.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Gissie said:
6 hours ago, random. said:

You didn't prove fuck all. I posted something as perhaps being of interest. You find it must be completely wrong because some the the publishers funds came from an energy company. Fine, no skin off my nose. What it does explain is that you will only accept opinions or data that fits your ideas

Science is based on cites to credible sources.

Try citing anything from the Heartland Institute to you local university lecturer.  You will get an 'F' for simply being unable to discern fact from BULLSHIT.

It's complete BULLSHIT.  You post it as "something of interest."

You are a fucking disinformation agent, or dumb as fuck, I can't decided yet but I'm leaning towards stupid.

7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Here is El Mari, his name is El Mari

El Mari is a climate change denier but can't defend hi bullshit.

So he says he doesn't give a fuck ... as a way out.

Smarten the fuck up Boothy!

Q7L.gif

1 hour ago, random. said:

Science is based on cites to credible sources.

Hahahaha. To you maybe, not to any scientist.

You are just a cunt shill...

20 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Hahahaha. To you maybe, not to any scientist.

Short form science:

Observation(s) -> hypothesis -> formulation of experiments to confirm/invalidate hypothesis -> tentative theory of function -> more observations showing flaws/inadequacies in theory -> new hypothesis -> more experiments.

And keep on repeating. Forever if new data keeps showing up.

Randumb can't get to step 1 which is all he has is pointless & meaningless memes, which is why he got kicked out of here and had to crawl back under a new user ID and slowly morph that back as closely as he could manage to his old one.

But it's the same bullshit from the same person and like Mikey, it's why he ends up on so many ignore lists. Because that's where he belongs.

Funny thing, article in the Australian today on global warming. Seems the models have been overestimating it. So much for settled science, hey...

FKT

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

But it's the same bullshit from the same person and like Mikey, it's why he ends up on so many ignore lists. Because that's where he belongs.

Funny thing, article in the Australian today on global warming. Seems the models have been overestimating it. So much for settled science, hey...

Fuck me, if that doesn't say it all.

Guy with all the info on science, get's his from The Australian!  The biggest Climate Denial sheet in Australia!

YCMTSU<

Jizzy quotes Heartland, Fuck him Tu quotes The Australian!

What a fucking tag team of deniers!

Q7L.gif

5 hours ago, Gissie said:

An interesting take on how the scientists are potentially biased.

https://unherd.com/2021/07/the-corrosive-tribalism-of-climate-science/

Plus it explains Randumb's shoot the messenger and ignore the message.

"Potentially" biased?

You mean compared to the BULLSHIT you are posting?

More from the resident Disinformation Agent here!  Why do you lie to your shipmates?

"Steve Koonin

Background

Steven (Steve) E. Koonin is a university professor and founding director of NYU’s Center for Urban Science and Progress. From 2009 to 2011, Koonin was Under Secretary for Science at the U.S. Department of Energy under President Barack Obama. [2]

Before working in government, Koonin spent five years (2004 to 2009) as Chief Scientist for oil giant BP plc where he helped to establish its Energy Biosciences Institute."

1483860754852.gif

16 minutes ago, random. said:

"Potentially" biased?

You mean compared to the BULLSHIT you are posting?

More from the resident Disinformation Agent here!  Why do you lie to your shipmates?

"Steve Koonin

Background

Steven (Steve) E. Koonin is a university professor and founding director of NYU’s Center for Urban Science and Progress. From 2009 to 2011, Koonin was Under Secretary for Science at the U.S. Department of Energy under President Barack Obama. [2]

Before working in government, Koonin spent five years (2004 to 2009) as Chief Scientist for oil giant BP plc where he helped to establish its Energy Biosciences Institute."

1483860754852.gif

Did you actually read it, nah, far to hard. You just saw Koonin's name and out spewed the bile.

It was what I found to be an interesting book review. I guess the reviewer is also a shill, whatever the fuck that means, and a cunt of course. I mean, who the fuck does he think he is having his own ideas.