100 of Team USA's 600 athletes have not been vaccinated.

Can you imagine training for at least 4-5 years to get to the olympics, sacrificing so many other things in your life to reach a world class level of skill, asking your loved ones to sacrifice to support you, scraping up the money for the trip.

...And then deciding that you'll risk it all because you don't want to get the vaccine?

Fucking dumbasses.

• Like 5

The Olympics have become professional entertainment- wasn’t there a study done a decade or so back that determined a largish percentage of Olympic athletes would take a drug they knew would kill them in a few years if it guaranteed them a gold medal?  Perhaps this is the flip side of that coin- a vaccine might scuttle that dream?  So much for the Corinthian Ideal…..  I’m surprised they don’t have a sandbagger class and underwater 50 meter swims along with board track endurance bicycle racing.

3 hours ago, Editor said:

Found it. Holy fuck how is that even real???

Same exceptionalism happened in Oz with the Hendra Virus.  Because the vaccine has some side effects on some horses, race horses were exempt from otherwise mandatory vaccination of all horses.  The irony is that the virus was first found killing race horses.  No fucking way the owners of a several million dollar horse were allowing that shit in their investment.

I bet some of those athletes are not getting vaccinated because of uncertainty about it's effects on their performance.  If they test positive, they are out anyway, vaccinated or not.

11 hours ago, Monkey said:

I actually blame this one on the Olympic committee and Japan. They never should have been allowed. 

So much for the tight Covid Control system in place. Shit in shit out and in between hitting the fan.

So 16.6% of the USA team is not vaccinated? So how does that compare to the US vaccination rate and then the whole world's vaccination rate?
As a follow-up question, what is the total vaccination rate of all the olympic athletes and their coaches?
Gonna guess we are above average, no?

3 hours ago, quod umbra said:

So 16.6% of the USA team is not vaccinated? So how does that compare to the US vaccination rate and then the whole world's vaccination rate?
As a follow-up question, what is the total vaccination rate of all the olympic athletes and their coaches?
Gonna guess we are above average, no?

It's above average across the board...But if I were running the show, I'd have mandatory vaccination for anyone who wants to represent the US at the Olympics.

20 hours ago, apophenia said:

With vaccine resistance increasing with new variants, no amount of vaccination of Olympic athletes and support crew is enough.

Nonsense:

COVID-19 vaccines offer a safe and reliable path to immunity against both the older strains of coronavirus and against emerging strains, especially the new delta variant.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:30 AM, Blue Crab said:

In "sports" news, China has won the first gold in ... and I am not making this up ... 10M air rifle.

$5000 BB gun? I could score bullseyes at 10 meters using spitwads...

Walther LG400-E Monotec

Hell, the muzzle of that long gun is 10% of the way to the target!

22 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Nonsense:

COVID-19 vaccines offer a safe and reliable path to immunity against both the older strains of coronavirus and against emerging strains, especially the new delta variant.

I don't disagree, but would add "so far". with the caveat that vax does not guarantee "immunity". it much as it does provide an excellent resistance to infection and against serious effects of the virus, but the notion that it provides a 100% effective condom against this virus and it's variants is a fallacy. 

the available vaccines are currently the best weapons we have against this mother fucker and to not use them is just plain fucking stupid. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

I don't disagree, but would add "so far". with the caveat that vax does not guarantee "immunity". it much as it does provide an excellent resistance to infection and against serious effects of the virus, but the notion that it provides a 100% effective condom against this virus and it's variants is a fallacy. 

the available vaccines are currently the best weapons we have against this mother fucker and to not use them is just plain fucking stupid. 

Agreed.  Pfizer's Phase 3 Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose; 170 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were evaluated, with 162 observed in the placebo group versus 8 in the vaccine group.  The vaccine is highly protective against the endpoints that matter – hospitalization and severe disease.

As with all vaccines, 100% effectiveness ("sterilization") is essentially unachievable yet near universal vaccination can eradicate the disease:

Clipboard01.jpg.bc2e29ee372dce7a9bfa1a3b423d95e6.jpg

Polio is an interesting study.  With wild polio cases at record lows, 2017 was the first year where more cases of vaccine caused infections were recorded than the wild poliovirus, a trend that is expected to continue.  Yet universal vaccination is still recommended given the extremely low rate of vaccine caused infections compared to the near elimination of wild polio outbreaks due to a high vaccination rate.

31 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Agreed.  Pfizer's Phase 3 Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose; 170 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were evaluated, with 162 observed in the placebo group versus 8 in the vaccine group.  The vaccine is highly protective against the endpoints that matter – hospitalization and severe disease.

As with all vaccines, 100% effectiveness ("sterilization") is essentially unachievable yet near universal vaccination can eradicate the disease:

Polio is an interesting study.  With wild polio cases at record lows, 2017 was the first year where more cases of vaccine caused infections were recorded than the wild poliovirus, a trend that is expected to continue.  Yet universal vaccination is still recommended given the extremely low rate of vaccine caused infections compared to the near elimination of wild polio outbreaks due to a high vaccination rate.

that being the case with Polio, I wonder if an mRNA version of the vaccine would be feasible and if that would eliminate that issue... 

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

$5000 BB gun? I could score bullseyes at 10 meters using spitwads...

I hit my cousin in the side of the head. It wasn't quite 10M, more like two.:D 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I hit my cousin in the side of the head. It wasn't quite 10M, more like two.:D 

I have a scar on my leg from a spitwad, from zero meters.  Also a pretty good way to spread a virus.

7 minutes ago, david r said:

Here is another view of this topic which doesn't belong in the sailing section;

It isn't a vaccine.  The shots were untested in the normal way.  They gave emergency approval based on the theory that there isn't a treatment.   Doctors are not allowed to give the shot due to the lack of testing.  It would break their Hippocratic Oath.  There are multiple treatments in reality, and the shot should never have been approved.  It has killed many ppl according to reports, and there are other reports saying many of the deaths from the jab are being covered up.

The virus particle was never isolated.  They use computer models.  Corona is the cold.  The pcr test does not test for the specific covid-19, and the news outlets have finally picked up on this fact.  The inventor of the test, which was invented years ago, said that the test doesn't specifically test for c-19 from the beginning of this cold outbreak.

It would be preferable not to have tyranny in the usa, so you folks that want to force ppl to get an untested jab just so that you will feel safe, should just move to a country that does tyranny.  The founders of USA actually said stuff like -if you want to trade freedom for safety, then you deserve neither.

It's always nice to see someone own the full whackadoodle. I, for one, appreciate the classics.

• Like 3
On 7/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, IStream said:

It's above average across the board...But if I were running the show, I'd have mandatory vaccination for anyone who wants to represent the US at the Olympics.

There was a news story a few weeks ago that one of the (would be) local teens whole family actually moved to a red state so that he could train without any pandemic restrictions.  I'm guessing they aren't the only ones.  

52 minutes ago, david r said:

Here is another view of this topic which doesn't belong in the sailing section;

It isn't a vaccine.  The shots were untested in the normal way.  They gave emergency approval based on the theory that there isn't a treatment.   Doctors are not allowed to give the shot due to the lack of testing.  It would break their Hippocratic Oath.  There are multiple treatments in reality, and the shot should never have been approved.  It has killed many ppl according to reports, and there are other reports saying many of the deaths from the jab are being covered up.

The virus particle was never isolated.  They use computer models.  Corona is the cold.  The pcr test does not test for the specific covid-19, and the news outlets have finally picked up on this fact.  The inventor of the test, which was invented years ago, said that the test doesn't specifically test for c-19 from the beginning of this cold outbreak.

It would be preferable not to have tyranny in the usa, so you folks that want to force ppl to get an untested jab just so that you will feel safe, should just move to a country that does tyranny.  The founders of USA actually said stuff like -if you want to trade freedom for safety, then you deserve neither.

The BS is leaking in. 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:07 PM, solosailor said:

Forbes, NBC, Washington Post......

Well that's a worthy source of Libtards