9 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I see they are going after rally organizers, why isn't Kimberly Guilfoyle listed? She was claiming she raised $3 million for it.

The news about her just broke…to the public. They may have info already. They say they have interviewed a ton of people who complied voluntarily but they won’t identify those people. That’s a good way to make sure the bullshitters of the group testify truthfully. I’m pretty happy with their progress. Also, the briefs are due this week in Trump’s appeal re nat’l archives docs. That will come to a head soon, with Oral Argument in ten days. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheney voted with Trump's agenda more often than did Matt Gaetz or Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) who McCarthy and others pushed to assume conference chair responsibilities claiming she wasn't as good for th

Hey, @The Joker, you admit you aren't interested in the "Heather" thread.  Just wondering if you are willing to read this and respond to any of it?  This is her post of last night.   In this mome

That's actually good. Killing your babies is a writing not so much piece of advice but inevitability. I think it refers mostly to scriptwriters who have a bit that's funny that they just love but

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

That's a happy thought, Mike. Thanks

Yup. Much better to have substance than style and publicity for such matters. It doesn’t do much for the newsertainment cycle but quietly going about their business neutralizes the ability of the bullshit machine to reframe the narrative. It greatly increases our chances of actually finding out about the coup, who paid for it, who planned it, and who went along with it (and who saved us from it).

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It doesn’t do much for the newsertainment cycle

Which was a complaint of the Republicans right, this is all for show? So they'd have to be happy that this is happening diligently away from the medias eye...right?

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Committee subpoenas Roger Stone and Alex Jones. 

Oh, boy.  Exactly when was it they worked in the White House? 

That's supposed to be the basis for the inevitable claim of Executive Privilege.

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Committee subpoenas Roger Stone and Alex Jones. 

Alex is having a hellofa couple of weeks. Hope bankruptcy is in his near term future. Jail time after that would be perfect. 

https://january6th.house.gov/news/press-releases/select-committee-subpoenas-individuals-involved-planning-and-organizing-rallies

Roger Stone was reportedly in Washington on January 5th and 6th, spoke at rallies on January 5th, and was slated to speak at the January 6th rally at the Ellipse that directly preceded the violent attack on the Capitol. Before traveling to Washington, Mr. Stone promoted his attendance at the rallies and solicited support to pay for security through the website stopthesteal.org. While in Washington, Mr. Stone reportedly used members of the Oath Keepers as personal security guards, at least one of whom has been indicted for his involvement in the attack on the Capitol. Mr. Stone has made remarks that he was planning to “lead a march to the Capitol” from the Ellipse rally.

Alex Jones reportedly helped organize the rally at the Ellipse on January 6th that immediately preceded the attack on the Capitol, including by facilitating a donation to provide what he described as “eighty percent” of the funding. Mr. Jones spoke at the January 5th rally on Freedom Plaza that was sponsored by the Eighty Percent Coalition. Mr. Jones has stated that he was told by the White House that he was to lead a march from the January 6th Ellipse rally to the Capitol, where President Trump would meet the group and speak. Mr. Jones has repeatedly promoted unsupported allegations of election fraud, including encouraging individuals to attend the Ellipse rally on January 6th and implying he had knowledge about the plans of the former President with respect to the rally.

Roger needs your help, bullshitters. The 1/6 Committee wants to drag him kicking and screaming to force him to (get this) 

tell

the

truth.

I know, SO Unfair, right? That shit is tough on you guys, especially Roger. You should help him get through this Unfairness by sending him your money. There’s no better way to own the Libs, bullshitters. So crack open the wallet for Bullshitter Stone and take the fight to the enemy, wannabe ratfuckers. The top ten donors get their own authentic Roger Stone thong, only worn once. Get em while they’re warm. 

2057ECC5-D5DD-4AC8-87BC-6A97639C6989.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Roger needs your help, bullshitters. The 1/6 Committee wants to drag him kicking and screaming to force him to (get this) 

tell

the

truth.

I know, SO Unfair, right? That shit is tough on you guys, especially Roger. You should help him get through this Unfairness by sending him your money. There’s no better way to own the Libs, bullshitters. So crack open the wallet for Bullshitter Stone and take the fight to the enemy, wannabe ratfuckers. The top ten donors get their own authentic Roger Stone thong, only worn once. Get em while they’re warm. 

2057ECC5-D5DD-4AC8-87BC-6A97639C6989.jpeg

You can email them and let them know if you had any problems donating:

stonedefense@protonmail.com

Need to let the kids on TikTok know about that.

Can’t wait for Alex’s entertainer defense, it should be entertaining.

OTOH he might need to move somewhere where the food is provided and the rents free  and the protection is reasonable unless you piss off the locals, for a few years…just think of the donations the poor boy.

But wait, the families who have won in court will come for that cash.

Am I being optimistic in seeing a Bridge or an overpass in Alex’s future?

13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I love how he refuses to acknowledge he is a former President.

4 minutes ago, Mike G said:

He was there to, um, discourage people.....to stop what happened.

So he's essentially pleading guilty because he knows he'll get slaughtered if he has to tell the truth under oath. Gotcha. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mike G said:

He was there to, um, discourage people.....to stop what happened.

6 hours from "all will be revealed" to "yeah, uhh, 5th. that's the number"

• Like 1
Just now, Ishmael said:

So he's essentially pleading guilty because he knows he'll get slaughtered if he has to tell the truth under oath. Gotcha. 

the 5th.  Which anybody knows is to avoid a perjury trap.  He's innocent, and he'll prove that on his podcast, but not in a court of law, where he has to take an oath to the truth.  And the Health care plan will be announced in two weeks.  And the wall will be paid for by Mexico.  And evidence of voter fraud is coming at my symposium soon.  Get your tickets now.

Belief you me.

Quite a trend here, with the bloviating over the air, for donations, but not where it counts.

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’m not sure that term means what he thinks it means. 

Now that I am Twitter-schooled on the ramifications, it would seem he has to plead the 5th to every question he doesn't want to answer. If he goes for an immunity deal, he can no longer claim the 5th. He's fucked.

Enrique Tarrio? The guy who was previously an FBI informant? He’ll never talk, right bullshitters? They’ll have a hard time finding him, given that he is already in jail.  The subpoena does explain why he was pushing to get moved to home confinement a few days back. 

Insurrecting is hard, isn’t it, bullshitters?

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Enrique Tarrio? The guy who was previously an FBI informant? He’ll never talk, right bullshitters? They’ll have a hard time finding him, given that he is already in jail.  The subpoena does explain why he was pushing to get moved to home confinement a few days back. 

Insurrecting is hard, isn’t it, bullshitters?

There was always something weird about this guy and the circumstances.

Rumors of being an informant.  Arrested and doing time for something, so he wasn't able to be involved

in something much bigger.  I may be wrong, but I think there's more to this guys' story than

we know.  So far.

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

There was always something weird about this guy and the circumstances.

Rumors of being an informant.  Arrested and doing time for something, so he wasn't able to be involved

in something much bigger.  I may be wrong, but I think there's more to this guys' story than

we know.  So far.

Exactly. Involved until the day before then taken out of circulation. 

• Like 1

Might have been trying to play the Whitey Bulger game. Whitey got away with a lot of shit by feeding the feds a few nuggets here and there, particularly any competition. The worst kind of snitches don't get stitches. Coroners don't do stiches. 

He may have something on Roger Stone, who liked to hang out with the Boys. I would guess Enrique will feel an intense need to stay out of the clink, assuming he gets out alive.     

WaPo: Report on the Jan 6 insurrection:

Law enforcement officials did not respond with urgency to a cascade of warnings about violence on Jan. 6 

Alerts were raised by local officials, FBI informants, social media companies, former national security officials, researchers, lawmakers and tipsters. 
The FBI received numerous warnings about Jan. 6 but felt many of the threatening statements were “aspirational” and could not be pursued. In one tip on Dec. 20, a caller told the bureau that Trump supporters were making plans online for violence against lawmakers in Washington, including a threat against Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah). The agency concluded the information did not merit further investigation and closed the case within 48 hours. 
One of the biggest efforts to come out of Sept. 11, 2001 — a national network of multi-agency intelligence centers — spotted a flood of Jan. 6 warnings, but federal agencies did not show much interest in its information. 
The FBI limited its own understanding of how extremists were mobilizing when it switched over its social media monitoring service on the last weekend of 2020. 

Pentagon leaders had acute fears about widespread violence, and some feared Trump could misuse the National Guard to remain in power 

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy was left rattled by Trump’s firing of senior Pentagon officials just after the election and sought to put guardrails on deployment of the National Guard. 
Then-acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller did not believe Trump would misuse the military but worried that far-right extremists could bait soldiers into “a Boston Massacre-type situation.” Their fears contributed to a fateful decision to keep soldiers away from the Capitol on Jan. 6. 

The Capitol Police was disorganized and unprepared 

The U.S. Capitol Police had been tracking threatening social media posts for weeks but was hampered by poor communication and planning. 
The department’s new head of intelligence concluded on Jan. 3 that Trump supporters had grown desperate to overturn the election and “Congress itself” would be the target. But then-Chief Steven Sund did not have that information when he initiated a last-minute request to bring in National Guard soldiers, one that was swiftly rejected. 

Trump’s election lies radicalized his supporters in real time 

As the president exerted pressure on state officials, the Justice Department and his vice president to overturn the results, his public attacks on the vote mobilized his supporters to immediately plot violent acts — discussions that researchers watched unfold online.' 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/jan-6-insurrection-capitol/ 

I personally think that Christopher Wray is just one of the R loyalists in the FBI and their foot-dragging was deliberate, just like their "investigation" of Brett Kavanaugh was a sham. He should have been broomed out of that office the second Biden took over.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I personally think that Christopher Wray is just one of the R loyalists in the FBI and their foot-dragging was deliberate, just like their "investigation" of Brett Kavanaugh was a sham. He should have been broomed out of that office the second Biden took over.

Federalist Society. 

I think the 41 months in clink for the shaman - who did little more than parade around a bit - has sobered a few of these peope up

the top  people are now turning on each other....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lin-wood-goes-off-deep-192119371.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMZG-_YCDa3N4EWPzdRkXfPglP45YTmE4v6HglKCBieKFl4TJcYUqGfX0qphcuzUWP_Pw8P7syZeibF2orwEqd3L5Sk0_CHP9LOPMbfp8d3kJqyMLeG0tacQp-4SQl-D5VYhTAac3euOsbqn5ULnbAIXNPNRdxXZBsCTouuLK34_

this from the entirely bonkers Linn Wood with revelations that Sydney was trying to bonk her way around the RWNJ money men.

•  
Peter Wade
Sat, November 27, 2021, 7:21 PM·4 min read

In this article:
  •  

Lin Wood - Credit: AP

Lin Wood - Credit: AP

Right-wing darling Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen acquitted of murder for killing two people at a racial justice protest, sent the QAnon world into a tailspin when he said in interviews that Lin Wood, a leading QAnon believer and Trump attorney who briefly represented Rittenhouse, was “insane” and had “taken advantage” of him.

That prompted right-wing Trump allies — including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, alt-right activist Jack Posobiec and former Trump White House aide Sebastian Gorka — to come out against Wood. In response, Wood has been posting through it, making wild claims without evidence. Over the past few days, he has shared increasingly outrageous claims on his Telegram and turned on pro-Trumpers who used to be his allies, including Sidney Powell, Sebastian Gorka and Michael Flynn

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Ooooh.  This should be fun.

Rats in a sack

The lower conspirators will not be able to afford the cost of the lawyers.....

Your average local divorce wallah will be out of their depth so they will need expensive ones

The lower levels will have to fess up

D

8 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Ooooh.  This should be fun.

It's escalating nicely. I think it's great that Lin Wood recorded a lot of phone calls.

Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn has embraced his position as a hero to QAnon conspiracy theorists. He took the QAnon oath, sold QAnon T-shirts, and even auctioned off a QAnon quilt. He appeared at a QAnon convention and signed books with a QAnon slogan. Some QAnon followers even believe that Flynn is “Q,” the mysterious figure behind QAnon.

But a recording released late Saturday night by a one-time Flynn ally suggests that the retired three-star general privately believes QAnon to be “total nonsense.”

On Saturday night, pro-Trump lawyer and QAnon booster Lin Wood released a recording of what purports to be a phone call between Wood and Flynn on Telegram. The audio’s publication comes amid a right-wing civil war pitting Wood against one-time allies like Flynn and other figures involved in the 2020 attempt to overturn the election.

In the call, Wood complains to Flynn that his QAnon supporters had attacked Wood online. But Flynn attempts to disown QAnon, claiming it’s a “disinformation campaign” created by the CIA.

“I think it’s a disinformation campaign,” Flynn said on the call. “I think it’s a disinformation campaign that the CIA created. That’s what I believe. Now, I don’t know that for a fact, but that’s what I think it is. I think it’s a disinformation campaign.”

Later in the recording, Flynn called QAnon “total nonsense.”

“I find it total nonsense,” Flynn said. “And I think it’s a disinformation campaign created by the left.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-hero-michael-flynn-secretly-said-qanon-is-total-nonsense?ref=home

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Paranoia strikes deep.  Into your heart it will creep...

From the Gab slime bucket:

image.png.b4a6e2a2a6c9f1374d9b7de705ba5c52.png

It has certainly brought the loons out of the woodwork. Who would have thought there would be that many who would deny settled science?

39 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's escalating nicely. I think it's great that Lin Wood recorded a lot of phone calls.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-hero-michael-flynn-secretly-said-qanon-is-total-nonsense?ref=home

Jeez. If the Q-Morans can’t trust the word of an admitted but pardoned bullshitter, who can they trust, JFK Jr.?

Jan. 6 panel sets contempt vote for former DOJ official

A House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection will vote Wednesday to hold a former Justice Department official in contempt, seeking criminal charges against a defiant witness for a second time after holding former White House aide Steve Bannon in contempt last month.

The committee on Monday scheduled a vote to pursue contempt charges against Jeffrey Clark, a former Justice Department lawyer who aligned with President Donald Trump as he tried to overturn his defeat. Clark appeared for a deposition Nov. 5 but told lawmakers that he would not answer questions based partly on Trump’s legal efforts to block the committee’s investigation.

11 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Hmm.  Pretty big fish.  Is he going to save his ass while he can?

Or stay slippery and run out the clock?

That Bannon contempt referral wasn’t about getting him to cooperate. He would never take the oath. He isn’t that stupid, as bullshitters go.

The referral was about getting others to testify. 
I wonder what they have on Meadows and who served it up. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That Bannon contempt referral wasn’t about getting him to cooperate. He would never take the oath. He isn’t that stupid, as bullshitters go.

The referral was about getting others to testify. 

This seems big though as he seemed to have an arguable claim of Executive privilege to drag out.  Bannon didn't.  No?

The Committee is moving much too slowly . . 

they need to look to Nicaragua for the ways 

to handle golpistas. 

(I was going to bring up Turkey, but they are 

sort of too extreme . .   

even for me) 

From KOS - 

From Dec 23, 2020, until Jan. 20, 2021, the President of the United States, the man most responsible for the safety and security of the country, received — or at least was scheduled to receive — not a single PDB briefing.  

Thanks Deep State !!

2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

This seems big though as he seemed to have an arguable claim of Executive privilege to drag out.  Bannon didn't.  No?

Bannon had no privilege claim whatsoever. That was pure bullshit, and it’s what got him pinched. 

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

Hmm.  Pretty big fish.  Is he going to save his ass while he can?

Or stay slippery and run out the clock?

In which I expect he will display an acute case of CRS*. 

They need the documents. Trump's toadies are going to play for time until hard evidence forces them to do otherwise. 

*Can't Remember Shit

19 minutes ago, Mark K said:

They need the documents. Trump's toadies are going to play for time until hard evidence forces them to do otherwise. 

*Can't Remember Shit

Maybe. They are playing it well by saying that they will decide his status vis a vis contempt after his deposition and document dump, not before. 

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Maybe. They are playing it well by saying that they will decide his status vis a vis contempt after his deposition and document dump, not before. 

I imagine his main goal at the moment is stalling crim indictment. On the defensive.

As ol' Stonewall put it, "Git em runnin', then keep them runnin'!" 

16 hours ago, Mark K said:

I'm willing to restructure the 5th Amendment and CRS doctrines a bit. The idea was to protect an individual from govt'l abuse. Sounds OK til we realize that our very existence as a free people now hangs in the balance of confirming the truth out from paid professional, treasonous, seditionist liars in gov't and the military. Now it's the gov't -- us-- getting abused. I call bullshit.

I think our very existence outweighs the niceties of individuals not answering direct questions. Some probably can't remember everything. Not all though. 

I dunno what they do in smaller shitholes elsewhere but these days we don't have to wrap their balls with kevlar, or electrify nipples or even waterboard. After the first few instances of administering some sort of relaxant -- I'm sure the science is advanced on this kind of thing -- produces the correct answers ... the rest of the resistance folds as the rats scramble in the queue up the dock lines.

It's not our way ... the American Way ... but I think it's worth suspending the "rights" of a half dozen traitors to save the country. IMV, once you've acted to harm the country ... you lose those rights.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I'm willing to restructure the 5th Amendment and CRS doctrines a bit. The idea was to protect an individual from govt'l abuse. Sounds OK til we realize that our very existence as a free people now hangs in the balance of confirming the truth out from paid professional, treasonous, seditionist liars in gov't and the military. Now it's the gov't -- us-- getting abused. I call bullshit.

I think our very existence outweighs the niceties of individuals not answering direct questions. Some probably can't remember everything. Not all though. 

I dunno what they do in smaller shitholes elsewhere but these days we don't have to wrap their balls with kevlar, or electrify nipples or even waterboard. After the first few instances of administering some sort of relaxant -- I'm sure the science is advanced on this kind of thing -- produces the correct answers ... the rest of the resistance folds as the rats scramble in the queue up the dock lines.

It's not our way ... the American Way ... but I think it's worth suspending the "rights" of a half dozen traitors to save the country. IMV, once you've acted to harm the country ... you lose those rights.

I disagree. It is absolutely the most important thing about principles to follow them when it is invconvenient, expensive, or dangerous. Otherwise why have rpinciples at all?

However, I think that stripping them of US citizenship ought to be pursued as a legal option. Then they become illegal aliens, and it's no holds barred.

- DSK

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I disagree.

"I'm shocked ... shocked I tell you."

Doug, that was your immediate knee jerk reaction. Re-read my post a few times -- my argument -- and lemme know how you feel tomorrow. These kinds of thinking changes are not instantaneous. 

This isn't hypothetical anymore. We now have less than a year to save the country. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:
27 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I disagree.

"I'm shocked ... shocked I tell you."

Doug, that was your immediate knee jerk reaction. Re-read my post a few times -- my argument -- and lemme know how you feel tomorrow. These kinds of thinking changes are not instantaneous. 

This isn't hypothetical anymore. We now have less than a year to save the country. 

Not a knee-jerk reaction at all. I've said much the same thing, many times.

It's not "saving the country" if we make it OK to torture, or drug, ex-leaders into giving the statements we want them to make. I don't want a Democratic Party repressive dictatorship any more than I want a Republican one.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not a knee-jerk reaction at all. I've said much the same thing, many times.

It's not "saving the country" if we make it OK to torture, or drug, ex-leaders into giving the statements we want them to make. I don't want a Democratic Party repressive dictatorship any more than I want a Republican one.

No doubt. Thing is, those are not not the only two choices. 

r/QuotesPorn - o "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do NOTHING." -Edmund Burke 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I disagree. It is absolutely the most important thing about principles to follow them when it is invconvenient, expensive, or dangerous.

So is it OK with you that we have a totally different standard of justice for the wealthy and powerful ?? 

And just look at the radically different way that the BLM vs insurrectionists are treated  . . 

Not to mention state level GOPPER parties criminalizing dissent for everybody but them. 

Making it legal to run down protesters with vehicles. 

I could go on. 

https://www.binnews.com/content/2021-08-31-black-lives-matter-protesters-handed-harsher-sentences-than-capitol-rioters/

I'm not saying that we should take away the fascists' rights, but AT LEAST EXPEDITE THE CASES. 

(edited for a missing apostrophe . . )

• Like 1

Could probably achieve the same goals by making contempt incarcerations last until compliance but shift them to full security prisons rather than jails or minimum security facilities.  Anybody want to speculate on Giuliani or Don Jr's attitude toward cooperation after in processing into Angola(the prison)?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

Could probably achieve the same goals by making contempt incarcerations last until compliance but shift them to full security prisons rather than jails or minimum security facilities.  Anybody want to speculate on Giuliani or Don Jr's attitude toward cooperation after in processing into Angola(the prison)?

I'm not sure it would change Guiliani at all, he seems to be senescent these days and can't even remember the good things.

55 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

Could probably achieve the same goals by making contempt incarcerations last until compliance but shift them to full security prisons rather than jails or minimum security facilities.

Congress already has the legal authority to send Sergeants at Arms to arrest and lock up subpoena refuse-niks. Congress even has its own jail. 

What the hell are they waiting for ??  

The Dems can be relied upon to bring a butter knife to any machine gun fight. 

The Sergeant at Arms can, upon orders of the Senate, arrest and detain any person who violates Senate rules, or is found in contempt of Congress. 

6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Congress already has the legal authority to send Sergeants at Arms to arrest and lock up subpoena refuse-niks. Congress even has its own jail. 

What the hell are they waiting for ??  

The Dems can be relied upon to bring a butter knife to any machine gun fight. 

The Sergeant at Arms can, upon orders of the Senate, arrest and detain any person who violates Senate rules, or is found in contempt of Congress. 

Is it the same in the House?  That is where the folks are being summoned.

It seems the same and looks like it comes from a vote on the floor of the House (having come from committee).

Procedures

Following the refusal of a witness to produce documents or to testify, the committee is entitled to report a resolution of contempt to its parent chamber. A committee may also cite a person for contempt but not immediately report the resolution to the floor. In the case of subcommittees, they report the resolution of contempt to the full committee, which then has the option of rejecting it, accepting it but not reporting it to the floor, or accepting it and reporting it to the floor of the chamber for action. On the floor of the House or the Senate, the reported resolution is considered privileged and, if the resolution of contempt is passed, the chamber has several options to enforce its mandate.

Inherent contempt

Under this process, the procedure for holding a person in contempt involves only the chamber concerned. Following a contempt citation, the person cited is arrested by the Sergeant-at-Arms for the House or Senate, brought to the floor of the chamber, held to answer charges by the presiding officer, and then subjected to punishment as the chamber may dictate (usually imprisonment for punishment, imprisonment for coercion, or release from the contempt citation).

Wiki