9 minutes ago, The Joker said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

I don't remember that.

BravoBravo got nuked.  Of course, these RWNJs do tend to blur together.

Oh fuck off. You no damn well I’m not BB   I have never been warned, suspended certainly never flicked. 

I didn't say you were.  Jesus, what is it with you right-wingnuts reading into things?

You and BB had enough things in common it would be understandable if someone were to mix you up and think you got nuked, instead of him.

I am happy to type more slowly if that will help with your comprehension.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheney voted with Trump's agenda more often than did Matt Gaetz or Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) who McCarthy and others pushed to assume conference chair responsibilities claiming she wasn't as good for th

Dammit fellas.  I posted the link to the Supreme Court ruling yesterday. No executive privilege for this stuff.  The committee is doing important work on a number of levels.  One of them is getting th

Trump and his dipshit fuckwads are solely responsible for the riot. The damage caused by the riot and the response to the riot can be debated. Trump and everyone of his little minions should be in jai

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Nope I think it reasonable that Pelosi should have let the minority leader pick who he wants,  to serve on the committee.   You know like it has always been done.   Anything else is politics plan and simple.   If this was the end all threat to our democracy Why not a special prosecutor?  

A possible suspect should be on the Committee?  Yeah, no.

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Nope I think it reasonable that Pelosi should have let the minority leader pick who he wants,  to serve on the committee.   You know like it has always been done.   Anything else is politics plan and simple.   If this was the end all threat to our democracy Why not a special prosecutor?  

Hillary should have been on the committee investigating Ben-Gassy.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Suspected of what?  

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I didn't say you were.  Jesus, what is it with you right-wingnuts reading into things?

You and BB had enough things in common it would be understandable if someone were to mix you up and think you got nuked, instead of him.

I am happy to type more slowly if that will help with your comprehension.

No need by claiming I’m the same as BB confirms what I already knew you have no desire to have a conversation.  Back to scrolling by your posts.  Carry on. 

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Suspected of what?  

No need by claiming I’m the same as BB confirms what I already knew you gave no desire to have a conversation.  Back to scrolling by your posts.  Carry on. 

I guess we can look forward to you shutting the fuck up and not saying anything about more than one person with whom you disagree being similar.  Of course, that would require integrity and consistency.

So, I won't hold my breath.

As for the suspect - Rep. Jordan has some questions to answer about what he spoke about with the President and when that occurred.  He started by saying he didn't, then amended that to not knowing when.  I hope he gets subpoenaed.

1 minute ago, The Joker said:
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Suspected of what?  

Dumbass, are you pretending that The Hon. Gym Jordan hasn't been part of Trump's Jan 6th conspiracy? Or that he'd like people think he was, back when it looked like there would be zero consequences?

If you don't know about his phone calls, you should make an effort to learn more before spouting off. But I suspect you do know, and you think he should be allowed to derail the investigation.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Nice! said:

Hillary should have been on the committee investigating Ben-Gassy.

So the new standard simply start a rumor aided by the partisan press with unnamed sources and presto change o the majority can change how committees are formed.   Oh the howls when the GOP takes congress back will be epic.  

Just now, The Joker said:

So the new standard simply start a rumor aided by live television coverage showing one group of politically aligned people try to undermine the constitutionally mandated counting of the electoral college votes to change the outcome of a free and fair election simply because they didn't like the result and install an authoritarian narcissist dictator as "president" for life the partisan press with unnamed sources and presto change o the majority can change how committees are formed.   Oh the howls when the GOP takes congress back will be epic.  

Yah, a rumor, that's it.

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Oh the howls when the GOP takes congress back will be epic.  

And BTW, I give your democracy a 50/50 chance of surviving the next 5 years. If the GOP wins back the house in 2022, I drop that to 15%.

25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
30 minutes ago, Nice! said:

And BTW, I give your democracy a 50/50 chance of surviving the next 5 years. If the GOP wins back the house in 2022, I drop that to 15%.

Yeah.  But, they sure will have owned those libs.

They will literally own the libs. That's the payoff they're expecting.

Problem: how will the new slave-owning class keep icepicks (or the equivalent shank) away from their libs, in the modern world so rich in every kind of mass-produced consumer gadget?

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Problem: how will the new slave-owning class keep icepicks (or the equivalent shank) away from their libs, in the modern world so rich in every kind of mass-produced consumer gadget?

- DSK

They don't realize that they will own themselves too. I don't think the people who are pining for authoritarianism actually understand authoritarianism.

1 minute ago, Nice! said:

They don't realize that they will own themselves too. I don't think the people who are pining for authoritarianism actually understand authoritarianism.

They think they are the cream of the crop, but they are really just the chaff.

16 minutes ago, Nice! said:

They believe their leader cares about them. 

They are in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

They think they are the cream of the crop, but they are really just the chaff.

Whey.

The curds are the good part, the whey is the left over sour liquid.....

42 minutes ago, Nice! said:

46 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

You own yourselves. Most people I know that lean right don’t really pay attention to the liberal meltdowns.  
Other than laugh at their paranoia. 

44 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Nah, shanks are for the poors.  If shit really hits the fan, the wealthy, coastal, educated, rational, but not to be fucked with, citizens will not have to lift their own finger to put down the MAGAt brigade.  Except to write checks.  It just hasn't come to that yet.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Ice axe. A kind of odd item to carry in a studio in Mexico city in August of 1940.....

(Assuming you were referring to Leon Trotsky)

220px-Trotsky_last_office.jpg

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

You own yourselves. Most people I know that lean right don’t really pay attention to the liberal meltdowns.  
Other than laugh at their paranoia. 

Read a fucking history book. The parallels to 1930s Germany are uncanny.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Read a fucking history book. The parallels to 1930s Germany are uncanny.

Be afraid be very afraid.  Like I said no need to own you guys you do it all on your own. We laugh at the paranoid delusions. 

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And who runs the DOJ.?  

Well, in an ideal world it's pretty much independent - it certainly shouldn't do the President's bidding. Oh yeah, that's right, you want a authoritarian leader that can make the tough calls.

6 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Unlike the last administration, not the executive branch.

Tell that to the parents targeted by the DOJ as domestic terrorists for going to school board meetings.  All coordinated by the Biden administration.  

Just now, Raz'r said:

Well, in an ideal world it's pretty much independent - it certainly shouldn't do the President's bidding. Oh yeah, that's right, you want a authoritarian leader that can make the tough calls.

So you claim 1/6 was a serious threat to our democracy, but not worth a special prosecutor.  Yet a fake dossier required one.   Weird 

Just now, The Joker said:

So you claim 1/6 was a serious threat to our democracy, but not worth a special prosecutor.  Yet a fake dossier required one.   Weird 

My understanding is that the DoJ is investigating, they don't do that in public. 

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

We laugh at your 'patriotism' in the sense that yours isn't actual patriotism.

Your judgement of what is or is not patriotism or how I feel about my country is not worth a cup of warm spit.  

24 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Your judgement of what is or is not patriotism or how I feel about my country is not worth a cup of warm spit.  

Yes, we laugh at that too. You are after all, The Joker. You've been around for awhile under various guises and while we laugh at you, you fool no one.

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Better work on banning those 3D printers, guys.

And files.

And bicycles. You can make nice sharp weapons from bicycle spokes.

Hell, the prisons can't keep people from having & using improvised weapons.

And then there's all the poisons available with a modicum of knowledge. An old profession - food taster - might have to make a comeback.

Pity we know about slow acting binary poisons these days...

FKT

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

Tell that to the parents targeted by the DOJ as domestic terrorists for going to school board meetings.  All coordinated by the Biden administration.  

You mean the parents going to *terrorize* the school board meetings?

Biden-admin coordinated? Cite?

• Like 2

The DOJ wants Bannon's trial date to be April 17th. They want just one day to present their case.

What good is April, for actual justice, and for the decisions being presently made, by voters? April falls sixteen months after the dirty deeds.

29 minutes ago, Nice! said:

You mean the parents going to *terrorize* the school board meetings?

Biden-admin coordinated? Cite?

So you are oblivious to what happened in Virginia and what was testified to by Merrick Garland before the senate?

There is a whole thread on the subject. 

10 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

The DOJ wants Bannon's trial date to be April 17th. They want just one day to present their case.

What good is April, for actual justice, and for the decisions being presently made, by voters? April falls sixteen months after the dirty deeds.

The Judge set it for July. There are 700 cases clogging the dockets, and that's just from the 1/6 seditionists. If we want trials to happen faster, double the size of the federal judiciary. Congress can do it, and it has been overdue from a time long before 1/6. 

The trial date has no effect on the 1/6 Committee's work. They are never going to hear from Bannon, before, during, or after his trial. Once they refer anyone for contempt of Congress, they're done with any chance of hearing from them. July is just fine. That gives prosecutors more time to collect evidence from his podcasts. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So you are oblivious to what happened in Virginia and what was testified to by Merrick Garland before the senate?

There is a whole thread on the subject. 

Apparently -you- are oblivious to what happened, or you genuinely believe that RWNJ terrorism should be the norm for the USA.

- DSK

On 12/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, The Joker said:

the House Speaker has appointed the usual Democrats to the commission, along with staunch anti-Trump Republicans, including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.).

Cheney voted with Trump's agenda more often than did Matt Gaetz or Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) who McCarthy and others pushed to assume conference chair responsibilities claiming she wasn't as good for the party.

You are confusing pro- or anti-Trump with pro- and anti-Constitution, and call RINO those whose efforts to protect democracy run afoul of personal fealty to the ex-president.

Your problem is that you are more loyal to your party than to the nation. Our House Speaker knows that what counts is fealty to our laws and system of governance.

Sorry you don't like her metrics, but the most anti-GOP people in America were those who stormed the Capitol promising to kill President Pence, and who attacked cops protecting our legislators in an attempt to obstruct the peaceful transition of power Jan 6th.

Go suck up to Victor Orban and repeat Tucker Carlson's defense of Putin on the Ukraine. border. The rest of us will stay loyal to self-rule and honor those whose patriotism supersedes partisan urges.

• Like 8
37 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Cheney voted with Trump's agenda more often than did Matt Gaetz or Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) who McCarthy and others pushed to assume conference chair responsibilities claiming she wasn't as good for the party.

You are confusing pro- or anti-Trump with pro- and anti-Constitution, and call RINO those whose efforts to protect democracy run afoul of personal fealty to the ex-president.

Your problem is that you are more loyal to your party than to the nation. Our House Speaker knows that what counts is fealty to our laws and system of governance.

Sorry you don't like her metrics, but the most anti-GOP people in America were those who stormed the Capitol promising to kill President Pence, and who attacked cops protecting our legislators in an attempt to obstruct the peaceful transition of power Jan 6th.

Go suck up to Victor Orban and repeat Tucker Carlson's defense of Putin on the Ukraine. border. The rest of us will stay loyal to self-rule and honor those whose patriotism supersedes partisan urges.

^ this ^ in spades

Rep. Cheney is a Republican, and an American, NOT a Trumpublican. I don't like her and would only vote for her if the other choice were somebody worse (like Boebert, Gaetz, or Gosar). OTOH this country needs politcan opposition that isn't treasonous.

We need legitimate conservative voices just like we need a range of political views speaking up across the spectrum... SHORT OF TREASON such as overthrowing the Constitutional gov't. This is exactly where Trump is going and until the greater majority of Republicans reject that, they can expect to get tarred with the same brush.

- DSK

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

OTOH this country needs politcan opposition that isn't treasonous.

Good luck with that. 

And raht on to Sol and Kurt with this  ..  

Invoke inherent contempt right now and arrest them.

55 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Well fucking said.

Cheney was not simply a conservative Republican. She was a Trumpublican. She voted no on the first impeachment vote and as has been cited, she overwhelmingly supported Shitstain.

image.png.6951affda59bce1a410b4f3308d6e0e2.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/13/us/politics/liz-cheney-trump-paul.html

@Lochnerian Tom, official arbiter of all things Fakebertarian, will be along shortly to say that Rand Paul wears the Actual Libertarian Badge of Honor.

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s bullshit. Someone got the Complaint from Pacer. 

If he can just delay his trial a couple months past Bannon's...

3 minutes ago, Nice! said:

The mob pleads the fifth. Why do you plead the fifth if you are innocent?

- Donald Trump, Oct 2017

You win the internet today. It can be very hard to find TFG saying anything true since he became a Politician.

6 minutes ago, Voyageur said:
13 minutes ago, Nice! said:

The mob pleads the fifth. Why do you plead the fifth if you are innocent?

- Donald Trump, Oct 2017

You win the internet today. It can be very hard to find TFG saying anything true since he became a Politician.

Like everything else he's said, he will (or has) contradict(ed) himself on this position.

51 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

You win the internet today. It can be very hard to find TFG saying anything true since he became a Politician. Person

Ok?

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:
2 hours ago, Voyageur said:

You win the internet today. It can be very hard to find TFG saying anything true since he became a Politician. Person Zygote.

Ok?

It's in his genes.

13 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The Meadows PP coup plan is released.

That’s pretty much what we saw them roll out in real time. There’s a bunch of lawyers on the hook for bringing that bullshit into court. It was going great until they had to show evidence. Then not so much. 

On 12/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, βhyde said:

@Sol RosenbergWhat happened to Trump's motion to block the National Archives from turning over documents to the 1/6 committee? Arguments were heard on 1/30, but was a ruling handed down?

The Court of Appeals just upheld the trial court.  Unanimous decision. The executive privilege claim is pure bullshit. 

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/913002F9EFB94590852587A60075CC4F/$file/21-5254-1926128.pdf

On the record before us, former President Trump has provided no basis for this court to override President Biden’s judgment and the agreement and accommodations worked out between the Political Branches over these documents.  Both Branches agree that there is a unique legislative need for these documents and that they are directly relevant to the Committee’s inquiry into an attack on the Legislative Branch and its constitutional role in the peaceful transfer of power.   More specifically, the former President has failed to establish a likelihood of success given (1) President Biden’s carefully reasoned and cabined determination that a claim of executive privilege is not in the interests of the United States; (2) Congress’s uniquely vital interest in studying the January 6th attack on itself to formulate remedial legislation and to safeguard its constitutional and legislative operations; (3) the demonstrated relevance of the documents at issue to the congressional inquiry; (4) the absence of any identified alternative source for the information; and (5) Mr. Trump’s failure even to allege, let alone demonstrate, any particularized harm that would arise from disclosure, any distinct and superseding interest in confidentiality attached to these particular documents, lack of relevance, or any other reasoned justification for withholding the documents.  Former President Trump likewise has failed to establish irreparable harm, and the balance of interests and equities weigh decisively in favor of disclosure.2 For those reasons, we affirm the district court’s judgment denying a preliminary injunction as to those documents in the Archivist’s first three tranches over which President Biden has determined that a claim of executive privilege is not justified.  

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Will they take it?

I could see Scalito wanting to hear it, after he puked up some comments about the CRT bullshit in OA this week, but I doubt any of the others would. Hard to guess what they do, though. 

• Like 1

Page 62 shows where Scalito can sink his teeth if he is so inclined. 

One factor cutting in former President Trump’s favor is that these records are being sought so soon after his Presidency ended.  In Nixon v. GSA, the Court explained that the “confidentiality of executive communications” does not dissipate as soon as a President’s term ends.  Rather, it is “subject to erosion over time after an administration leaves office.”  433 U.S. at 451.  Here, less than a year has passed since Mr. Trump left office. But the former President does not make this argument.  He only makes an unelaborated reference to the fact of the timing in his opening brief.  See Appellant Opening Br. 36.  In this court, “mentioning an argument in the most skeletal way, leaving the court to do counsel’s work, create the ossature for the argument, and put flesh on its bones is tantamount to failing to raise it.”  Maloney v. Murphy, 984 F.3d 50, 68 (D.C. Cir. 2020) (internal quotation marks and citation omitted).  He certainly does not present the argument in a manner that gets him any closer to demonstrating a likelihood of success on the merits.  That is especially so given Congress’s demonstrated need for the information now because it is investigating a last-ditch effort to thwart the peaceful transfer of power from former President Trump to President Biden.  In light of the regularity of federal elections, we credit the Committee’s assertion that its work is “urgent[,]”  Thompson Ltr., J.A. 33,  as it seeks to understand the violence that marked the end of the last Presidency and to prevent any recurrence.  First Remus Ltr., J.A. 107; see also Second Remus Ltr., J.A. 113; Third Remus Ltr., J.A. 173–174.17 

For all it's stuffiness, legal writing can be beautiful. 

Benjamin Franklin said, at the founding, that we have “[a] Republic”—“if [we] can keep it.”19  The events of January 6th exposed the fragility of those democratic institutions and traditions that we had perhaps come to take for granted.  In response, the President of the United States and Congress have each made the judgment that access to this subset of presidential communication records is necessary to address a matter of great constitutional moment for the Republic.  Former President Trump has given this court no legal reason to cast aside President Biden’s assessment of the Executive Branch interests at stake, or to create a separation of powers conflict that the Political Branches have avoided.  The judgment of the district court denying a preliminary injunction is affirmed.20    So ordered. 

Footnote 20 covers the housekeeping:

20 This court’s administrative injunction, entered November 11, 2021, will be dissolved in 14 days, reflecting the amount of time the former President’s counsel requested to file a petition for a writ of certiorari and an accompanying motion for an injunction pending review with the Supreme Court.  See Oral Arg. Tr. 152:21–23.  But if such a motion is filed, the administrative injunction will dissolve upon the Supreme Court’s disposition of that motion. 

Is the committee trying really hard to not leave a power vacuum in the Republicans? It would explain the careful precision and long timeline this is going on for. It would be so easy to just jail a heap of the obvious culprits, but there'd be consequences.

Such a power vacuum would be dire for the US imo. The power hungry Rs would fill the void and take over with hard nationalism, turning to authoritarianism over time.

2 minutes ago, Ncik said:

Is the committee trying really hard to not leave a power vacuum in the Republicans? It would explain the careful precision and long timeline this is going on for. It would be so easy to just jail a heap of the obvious culprits, but there'd be consequences.

Such a power vacuum would be dire for the US imo. The power hungry Rs would fill the void and take over with hard nationalism, turning to authoritarianism over time.

That's an interesting thought, and I would think quite likely is part of their thinking. But your last sentence though... they have *already* turned to authoritarianism.

12 minutes ago, Nice! said:

That's an interesting thought, and I would think quite likely is part of their thinking. But your last sentence though... they have *already* turned to authoritarianism.

But they haven't obtained the ultimate power, yet. Still lost a legit election.

The ones that fill the void will do so on the back of nationalism solely to win a legit election. Authoritarianism will sneak up on the voters/faithful. The playbook was written by the Nazis.