• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's actually good. Killing your babies is a writing not so much piece of advice but inevitability. I think it refers mostly to scriptwriters who have a bit that's funny that they just love but

Trump and his dipshit fuckwads are solely responsible for the riot. The damage caused by the riot and the response to the riot can be debated. Trump and everyone of his little minions should be in jai

A reminder for those who are not interested in finding the truth - "The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

FBXvHEpXsAAKoQ7?format=jpg&name=large

I keep hoping that Merrick Garland is working methodically behind the scenes, and is going to come down like a ton of bricks on some deserving miscreants. But when?

- DSK

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I keep hoping that Merrick Garland is working methodically behind the scenes, and is going to come down like a ton of bricks on some deserving miscreants. But when?

- DSK

It's going to have to be soon, before they run out the clock. If he doesn't come down hard on these people he should be charged with accessory to a crime.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
38 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

It's going to have to be soon, before they run out the clock. If he doesn't come down hard on these people he should be charged with accessory to a crime.

There clearly are plenty of laws that have been broken, with evidence in the public realm, but nothing happens. The ultimate proof and encouragement that laws, oaths, subpoenas and the like are there to be ignored and broken, or can be circumvented and delayed by legalese when it suits. Especially by the top 1%.

The battle is already lost when one “tribe” does what it wants, the other “tribe” complains, but can’t motivate or organise itself sufficiently to deal with it effectively, and public servants can’t/won’t do their job to uphold the very rules and laws they swore under oath to uphold and administer.

How many democracies survive in those corrupt circumstances?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

There clearly are plenty of laws that have been broken, with evidence in the public realm, but nothing happens. The ultimate proof and encouragement that laws, oaths, subpoenas and the like are there to be ignored and broken, or can be circumvented and delayed by legalese when it suits. Especially by the top 1%.

The battle is already lost when one “tribe” does what it wants, the other “tribe” complains, but can’t motivate or organise itself sufficiently to deal with it effectively, and public servants can’t/won’t do their job to uphold the very rules and laws they swore under oath to uphold and administer.

How many democracies survive in those corrupt circumstances?

Well well, aren't you just a little ray of fucking sunshine.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I really can't believe that it has been 9 months since this happened and there is still no pressure on the obvious perps. What happened to America?

A massive media push by the 0.1% who own almost everything, and feel that it's not enough. It's not enough that the rich win, the poor must lose. And suffer.

- DSK

50 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well well, aren't you just a little ray of fucking sunshine.

A massive media push by the 0.1% who own almost everything, and feel that it's not enough. It's not enough that the rich win, the poor must lose. And suffer.

- DSK

In which case, don’t waste your time, energy and frustration on me…..

Oz is headed down the same path, inspired by USA’s glorious example.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sidecar said:

In which case, don’t waste your time, energy and frustration on me…..

Oz is headed down the same path, inspired by USA’s glorious example.

Ah, sorry, that was a crude expression of agreement.Should I have called you a cunt, instead? Our two countries are seperated by a language barrier.

And I apologize for being part of a bad example, it really is the furthest thing from my intentions.

- DSK

• Like 1

Jeffery Clark just got subpoenaed.  This odious little toad actions wereapparently (unbelievably) not criminal but one can hope he gets taken apart by the committee and that his documents are instrumental in further outing the traitors of Jan 6th.  

How this guy has not been disbarred is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Jeffery Clark just got subpoenaed.  This odious little toad actions wereapparently (unbelievably) not criminal but one can hope he gets taken apart by the committee and that his documents are instrumental in further outing the traitors of Jan 6th.  

How this guy has not been disbarred is beyond me.

Lin Wood and Sidney Powell haven't been disbarred yet, and that was pretty egregious. I suspect that a lawyer would have to eat someone's face in court for disbarment.

He really has a bad memory for people and seems he only pays lawyers when they win

Trump said in a statement that he had never asked the four lawyers who turned him down, including Burck, for help. "I don't even know who they are, they are just looking to get publicity," the ex-President said. "I am using lawyers who have been with us from the beginning."
"I do pay my lawyers when they do a good job," Trump added

20 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

He really has a bad memory for people and seems he only pays lawyers when they win

Trump said in a statement that he had never asked the four lawyers who turned him down, including Burck, for help. "I don't even know who they are, they are just looking to get publicity," the ex-President said. "I am using lawyers who have been with us from the beginning."
"I do pay my lawyers when they do a good job," Trump added

Their chances of getting paid on that basis are pretty slim. Maybe he can pimp out Ivanka as a bonus.

32 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Bingo

As it recedes into the past and the double false narrative... Election Fraud!! and "they were peaceful tourists"... becomes universally accepted among Republicans, there isn't even any attempt to distance themselves from it.

So far, the courts have barely given slaps on the wrist to those few they're convicting. It's a civil war and not only is one side not fighting back, they're barely trying to slow it down.

- DSK

This drawn-out process should be complete by 2026 or thereabouts. No wonder Bannon and crew are feeling invulnerable. 

Oct 14, 2021

Bolton, MS—Chairman Bennie G. Thompson today made the following statement:

“Mr. Bannon has declined to cooperate with the Select Committee and is instead hiding behind the former President’s insufficient, blanket, and vague statements regarding privileges he has purported to invoke. We reject his position entirely. The Select Committee will not tolerate defiance of our subpoenas, so we must move forward with proceedings to refer Mr. Bannon for criminal contempt. I’ve notified the Select Committee that we will convene for a business meeting Tuesday evening to vote on adopting a contempt report.

“The Select Committee will use every tool at its disposal to get the information it seeks, and witnesses who try to stonewall the Select Committee will not succeed. All witnesses are required to provide the information they possess so the Committee can get to the facts. We’re grateful to the many individuals who are voluntarily participating and to witnesses who are complying with subpoenas, including several who met the deadline to begin producing materials to the Select Committee. We’re moving ahead quickly to get answers for the American people about what happened on January 6th and help secure the future of American democracy.”

Background:

Any person who willfully refuses to provide testimony or documents subpoenaed by Congress, including committees of the House, is potentially liable for contempt of Congress under 2 U.S.C. §§ 192, 194. Contempt of Congress is a crime that may result in a fine and between one and twelve months imprisonment.

Contempt of Congress begins with a “formal action” by the Select Committee, i.e., a business meeting at which a contempt report is adopted. If a witness fails to appear, produce documents, or refuses to answer any question “pertinent to the question under inquiry,” the Select Committee then writes a report documenting the inquiry, the attempts to accommodate the witness’s production or testimony, and the failure by the witness to appear, produce, or answer a pertinent question. The report also contains the text of the resolution recommending the full House hold the witness in contempt.

After the Select Committee has adopted a contempt report, it is referred to the House for a vote and, upon its adoption, the Speaker certifies the report to the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia. Under 2 U.S.C. § 194, following such certification it is the “duty” of the United States Attorney to “bring the matter before the grand jury for its action.”

https://january6th.house.gov/news/press-releases/thompson-statement-cooperation-witnesses

They’ll get together next week to talk about it. 

put Hillary on it. From what bullshitters would have us believe, she’ll have the seditious cocksuckers pushing up daisies before the committee can get together to talk about what to do. 

31 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I read somewhere that they have to give a 3 day notice for meetings. So this doesn't turn into a Bill Cosby incident

They need to drag him into custody under their inherent contempt authority. DemocRATS are such pussies. They play chess while Trump’s brown shirts play fuck you I’m stealing the board. They don’t understand that these guys want to overthrow our government for single party authoritarian rule. 

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They need to drag him into custody under their inherent contempt authority. DemocRATS are such pussies. They play chess while Trump’s brown shirts play fuck you I’m stealing the board. They don’t understand that these guys want to overthrow our government for single party Christian fundamentalist authoritarian rule. 

FIFY

Pretty good and thorough analysis of where things stand. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/update-prospects-contempt-prosecution-steve-bannon

There’s an interesting and familiar name in there that might cause the discerning reader to wonder how one of our impartial and completely nonpartisan jurists might view a contempt case forty years after seeing the process unleashed on his momma. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

impartial and completely nonpartisan jurists might

One would hope the jurist would recuse, that would be a clear conflict,  that said  it may be a position the nonpartisan is willing to adopt to continue gutting and tying in legal knots, the legal system until 2024.......

On 10/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

They need to drag him into custody under their inherent contempt authority. DemocRATS are such pussies. They play chess while Trump’s brown shirts play fuck you I’m stealing the board. They don’t understand that these guys want to overthrow our government for single party authoritarian rule. 

Agree. But maybe, just maybe, the Dem leaders think they can time the events for maximum midterm political impact … or something. Sure seems like they are plodding along. Will the public be impressed by their caution and solemn deliberation. Doubt it. 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Democrats aren't stupid, at least not most of them.  They know where this pussyfooting will lead.  But how do they stop this destruction of democracy without pissing off their fat cat donors?  The rich and powerful have no need for democracy. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, El Borracho said:

Agree. But maybe, just maybe, the Dem leaders think they can time the events for maximum midterm political impact … or something. Sure seems like they are plodding along. Will the public be impressed by their caution and solemn deliberation. Doubt it. 

Nope.  This wasn't just a coup attempt on 1/6. They picked right back up on it as soon as the dust settled on the Capitol and Kevin McCarthy made his pilgrimage to Mar a Lago to kiss the ring and beg forgiveness. The Big Lie is how they are doing it, and it is an ongoing enterprise, including but not limited to fixing future elections via state legislatures and gerrymandering. This is an ongoing coup and the democRATS need to get some spine while we have two party governance. Waiting until we have single party rule won't work. 

The moron strikes again

“WisDems: ICYMI: Sen. Johnson is blocking insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol on January 6th from being prosecuted”

https://www.wispolitics.com/2021/wisdems-icymi-sen-johnson-is-blocking-insurrectionists-who-attacked-the-capitol-on-january-6th-from-being-prosecuted/

Obviously this site is partisan but Business Insider and the MKE Journal-Sentinel are paywalled for me

7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Mar a Lago to kiss the ring  mushroom

This is an ongoing coup and the democRATS need to get some spine while we have two party governance. Waiting until we have single party rule won't work. 

This is day by day

The Big Lie is how they are doing it, and it is an ongoing enterprise

Straight out of Orwell. 

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Now Trump has to fight his way up to the SC with it so he can call in some favours? Or will that get shot down at the local level end of story?