41 minutes ago, Ncik said:

Save-the-date invitations? Pencil it in?

We're truly sorry if it's inconvenient to you, but if you don't mind could you possibly pop in in say 3 or 4 weeks, at your convenience of course, to answer a few questions?  If it's a big deal, or you're busy or something we can maybe just call the whole thing off, IF that's ok with you.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's actually good. Killing your babies is a writing not so much piece of advice but inevitability. I think it refers mostly to scriptwriters who have a bit that's funny that they just love but

Trump and his dipshit fuckwads are solely responsible for the riot. The damage caused by the riot and the response to the riot can be debated. Trump and everyone of his little minions should be in jai

A reminder for those who are not interested in finding the truth - "The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

We're truly sorry if it's inconvenient to you, but if you don't mind could you possibly pop in in say 3 or 4 weeks, at your convenience of course, to answer a few questions?  If it's a big deal, or you're busy or something we can maybe just call the whole thing off, IF that's ok with you.

Rain/insurrection venue to be advised at a later date.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike G said:

We're truly sorry if it's inconvenient to you

The rule of law always was a myth, but now .  . 

it has become a sick joke. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I would recommend being patient a bit longer.  I see nothing to make me think that this Attorney General does not believe in the rule of law. His testimony indicates otherwise. 

I agree.  It's easy to be impatient.  I hope if there IS a case, it is airtight before it's presented.

The delay makes it seem like it is bigger in scope, therefore more time needed.

Or it means nothing is going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I agree.  It's easy to be impatient.  I hope if there IS a case, it is airtight before it's presented.

The delay makes it seem like it is bigger in scope, therefore more time needed.

Or it means nothing is going to happen.

You don't want them prosecuting in the press. That can go in a million different directions. 

Breaking new ground here. Never before (or so I've heard) has a congressional subpoena required assistance from LE for enforcement. The AG best get it right the first time.  

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

This is something the Committee should look at.

This points to real sedition, over and above sneaking some heavy hitters into the crowd of goobers and dupes. Those goobers and dupes are now the public face of the investigation as they work their way through the courts ... and the press. The tip of the iceberg, so to speak.  It should come as no shock that there may be more to the iceberg. 

This points to real sedition, over and above sneaking some heavy hitters into the crowd of goobers and dupes. Those goobers and dupes are now the public face of the investigation as they work their way through the courts ... and the press. The tip of the iceberg, so to speak.  It should come as no shock that there may be more to the iceberg. 

Yeah, I just hope this doesn't implode like a Marvel picture. Breathlessly exciting to the end, where it flops into disappointment.

19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The thought just occurred to me, What about the backup nuclear football? This sure as hell put that in jeopardy.

19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The thought just occurred to me, What about the backup nuclear football? This sure as hell put that in jeopardy.

I'm sure they would have  been delighted to have snagged that.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I'm sure they would have  been delighted to have snagged that.

I'm not sure it would have done them any good, but it would have compromised a backup, which in turn made us less safe.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I'm not sure it would have done them any good, but it would have compromised a backup, which in turn made us less safe.

Eve deactivated, it would have been very informative to Vlad.

Next Up

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas Stephen Miller, Kayleigh McEnany and other top ex-Trump aides

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol issued a new round of subpoenas on Tuesday to 10 former officials who worked in the Trump administration, including Kayleigh McEnany and Stephen Miller. 

McEnany had been serving as White House press secretary on the day of the riot, a position she held from April 2020 until Trump left office. Miller, who was a senior adviser to former President Donald Trump, spread erroneous information about voter fraud in the 2020 election and was involved in efforts to encourage state legislatures to alter the outcome, according to the committee. 

Others subpoenaed on Tuesday included Nicholas Luna, a personal assistant to Trump; Molly Michael, a special assistant to Trump; Ben Williamson, a deputy assistant to Trump and senior adviser to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows; Christopher Liddell, a former White House deputy chief of staff; John McEntee, a former White House personnel director; Keith Kellogg, who served as former Vice President Pence's national security adviser; Cassidy Hutchinson, a special assistant to Trump for legislative affairs; and Kenneth Klukowski, a former senior counsel to assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark. 

"We believe the witnesses subpoenaed today have relevant information and we expect them to comply fully with the Select Committee’s investigation as we work to get answers for the American people," said Select Committee Chair Bennie Thompson, D-Miss. in a statement.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-committee-subpoenas-stephen-miller-kayleigh-mcenany-among-other-n1283587 

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Eve deactivated, it would have been very informative to Vlad.

Blocking Pence from acces may actually be linked to why AG Garland is going slow. If he has to remove some highly placed insurrectionists (I believe the Treasury Dept is in charge of Presidential and Vice Presidential security), then he's going to be VERY precise and accurate in his hitting.

Just a maybe

- DSK

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Blocking Pence from acces may actually be linked to why AG Garland is going slow. If he has to remove some highly placed insurrectionists (I believe the Treasury Dept is in charge of Presidential and Vice Presidential security), then he's going to be VERY precise and accurate in his hitting.

Just a maybe

- DSK

Good point, thanks for adding that.

Wouldn't Trump telling his minions to not answer a lawfully issued subpoena be considered obstruction of justice? Or are there some other rules/laws that apply to congress? 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

How long can he spin out the appeal process? 

I'm guessing if he can delay until the House flips next fall, the real delays will begin. 

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

1/6 showed us how fragile control is. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I imagine the possibility there may be criminal acts on the level of making Pence especially vulnerable to a mob calling for his head would complicate Merrick Garland's decision.  One does not start a criminal investigation of, say, a Ted Bundy, by having them compelled to speak under oath before congress. Hell, congress might even grant them immunity. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

"If you shoot at the king, you’d best not miss. Roughly translated, that means don’t indict a suspect before your evidence is in place."

Doesn't that also apply for failed insurrections? The insurrectionists missed, time to reap the consequences.

1 minute ago, Ncik said:

"If you shoot at the king, you’d best not miss. Roughly translated, that means don’t indict a suspect before your evidence is in place."

Doesn't that also apply for failed insurrections? The insurrectionists missed, time to reap the consequences.

Totally agree

But it also has to be completely a LEGAL process, as far removed from partisan politics as possible in the US today.

Otherwise we might just as well start shooting each other now.

- DSK

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Ncik said:

No one needs that translated. You must be a DemocRAT!™

3 hours ago, Ncik said:

I do believe the quote is “You come at the king, you best not miss.”

5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Next Up

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas Stephen Miller, Kayleigh McEnany and other top ex-Trump aides

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol issued a new round of subpoenas on Tuesday to 10 former officials who worked in the Trump administration, including Kayleigh McEnany and Stephen Miller. 

McEnany had been serving as White House press secretary on the day of the riot, a position she held from April 2020 until Trump left office. Miller, who was a senior adviser to former President Donald Trump, spread erroneous information about voter fraud in the 2020 election and was involved in efforts to encourage state legislatures to alter the outcome, according to the committee. 

Others subpoenaed on Tuesday included Nicholas Luna, a personal assistant to Trump; Molly Michael, a special assistant to Trump; Ben Williamson, a deputy assistant to Trump and senior adviser to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows; Christopher Liddell, a former White House deputy chief of staff; John McEntee, a former White House personnel director; Keith Kellogg, who served as former Vice President Pence's national security adviser; Cassidy Hutchinson, a special assistant to Trump for legislative affairs; and Kenneth Klukowski, a former senior counsel to assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark. 

"We believe the witnesses subpoenaed today have relevant information and we expect them to comply fully with the Select Committee’s investigation as we work to get answers for the American people," said Select Committee Chair Bennie Thompson, D-Miss. in a statement.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-committee-subpoenas-stephen-miller-kayleigh-mcenany-among-other-n1283587 

McEnany is a compulsive liar.  Please tell me she can go to jail if she perjures herself in these proceedings.

15 hours ago, βhyde said:

Not that it will matter, but...

Trump makes — and loses — overnight bid to block Jan. 6 investigators

The Archives indicated it would turn documents over to lawmakers by Friday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/09/trump-jan-6-520405

Archived documents?

Does that mean they get All documents or just those relating to the insurrection?

Because who knows what else is bound to turn up.

And if there are other documents relating to TFG's cover ups over the 4 years, can they be used in other investigations?

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

Archived documents?

Does that mean they get All documents or just those relating to the insurrection? 

Those requested, by Friday, but none are protected now.

1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

And if there are other documents relating to TFG's cover ups over the 4 years, can they be used in other investigations?

IANAL, but public domain documents are toothpaste out of the tube, I think, cuz FOIA.

2 hours ago, ShortForBob said:

Archived documents?

It doesn't seem to matter but ALL govt documents belong to us. We paid for their creation yet we have to fight to get them every time.

12 hours ago, Mike G said:

Another loss.

This was the real one. The Appellate court will issue a stay before Friday when the Archives is due to release the docs. If not, the committee wins. If so, bullshitters run out the clock a bit more. 

Keep in mind that the committee has interviewed over 150 people at this point. That is how they know what to ask for. They quite likely know what they will find and what the plan was for 1/6, they just need the documentary evidence. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This was the real one. The Appellate court will issue a stay before Friday when the Archives is due to release the docs. If not, the committee wins. If so, bullshitters run out the clock a bit more. 

Keep in mind that the committee has interviewed over 150 people at this point. That is how they know what to ask for. They quite likely know what they will find and what the plan was for 1/6, they just need the documentary evidence. 

I would guess the Trumpers are frantically court-shopping that appeal, seeking a judge that would grant it,  but I'm not sure how shoppable Appellate courts are.   

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I would guess the Trumpers are frantically court-shopping that appeal, seeking a judge that would grant it,  but I'm not sure how shoppable Appellate courts are.   

Just a WAG, but he's hoping for the Fifth. 

14 minutes ago, Mark K said:

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/home.nsf
Wait. Strike that. I was thinking it was in DC. 

wait. Strike that. It is DC. It goes to CA DC Cir. 

When will we know if it's been appealed, or if the appeal is accepted?

I guess I'm wondering when we'll know if we get the docs on Friday or not. 

29 minutes ago, Mike G said:

When will we know if it's been appealed, or if the appeal is accepted?

I guess I'm wondering when we'll know if we get the docs on Friday or not. 

It’s appealed. Nothing on the docket until Dec.

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Expect an emergency motion for a stay during the appeal. 

Rookie questions...but at any point can a court say "we're not going to hear this.  Original judgment stands?"

Or is it guaranteed to go all the way to the Supremes?

11 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Rookie questions...but at any point can a court say "we're not going to hear this.  Original judgment stands?"

Or is it guaranteed to go all the way to the Supremes?

I think there is appellate jurisdiction by right. They’ll hear it. 

Here is the district court order btw

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/chutkan-trump-nara/4fb1c64c09b2e50a/full.pdf

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There will be an emergency motion to stop the release. 

If this keeps up, there will be an emergency release of his bowels.

Kevlar-reinforced Depends would be helpful.

Will the facts matter?? The Republican machine has been BLATANTLY  using “alternative facts” for almost five years now. 
   The truth has done nothing to inhibit their behavior. 

Sol, assume (for a moment) I am not well-versed in such matters.  What does all of this mean?

Other than it being evidence there are still lawyers who will work with The Former Guy.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Sol, assume (for a moment) I am not well-versed in such matters.  What does all of this mean?

Other than it being evidence there are still lawyers who will work with The Former Guy.

Stand by. She gets to that better than I can explain it. One sec. 

This is Trump still seeking an injunction and asking for an expedited briefing schedule…and a stay. She says the parties agreed to an expedited briefing schedule. That’s not what I see. I see them saying that the government takes no position. 

correction. Still seeking prelim injunction but from appellate court this time. Same elements. Same arguments. 

No idea why govt would agree to this. I look forward to their response. 

some of these people do not need to get elected to keep their cash coming in, they also are pretty smart people. for the others, the inverse is probably true.

46 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He's hoping to run into one of "his" judges.

He lost on all four points that he had to make. He will have to win on all of those at the appellate level. It won’t be one judge now. It’ll be three. 

He’s making a bullshit argument. Judges don’t dig bullshit. How many bullshit election cases did he win? If he had, he wouldn’t have needed a coup on 1/6. 

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He lost on all four points that he had to make. He will have to win on all of those at the appellate level. It won’t be one judge now. It’ll be three. 

He’s making a bullshit argument. Judges don’t dig bullshit. How many bullshit election cases did he win? If he had, he wouldn’t have needed a coup on 1/6. 

But how long will the bullshit delay last and the bullshit to be heard and the evidence to be released?

Is this a 3-day delay?  Or a 4-month delay?

6 minutes ago, Mike G said:

But how long will the bullshit delay last and the bullshit to be heard and the evidence to be released?

Wait to see what the govt response is. I question whether there is some agreed pleading schedule. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Mike G said:

3-week delay. That’s a rocket docket for fed courts. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

3-week delay. That’s a rocket docket for fed courts. 

Ask yourself why private citizen Trump gets such prompt attention from the courts. Us peons can wait years for the first real appearance in the lowest court. Waiting while civil wrong continue. Waiting while the wrongfully accused sits in jail. Looks like it matters who you know.

14 minutes ago, Mark K said:

The appeal to the Supreme Court is next, right? 

Yeah, if they take it. Remember what they did with his financial records in the Mazars case? They wanted no part of that foolishness. 

5 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

Ask yourself why private citizen Trump gets such prompt attention from the courts. Us peons can wait years for the first real appearance in the lowest court. Waiting while civil wrong continue. Waiting while the wrongfully accused sits in jail. Looks like it matters who you know.

Us peons are the ones who wanted it to be expedited. The Pride of the GOP is quite happy to drag it out. 

Us peons are the ones who wanted it to be expedited. The Pride of the GOP is quite happy to drag it out. 

Because Trump got the Express Lane for an injunction? Is that available to everyone? No. 

The ridiculously long line of poor waiting for a few crumbs of justice would move much much faster if the elite had to join the same line. 

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yeah, if they take it. Remember what they did with his financial records in the Mazars case? They wanted no part of that foolishness. 

Well, I like to believe that Roberts has also had his fill of Trump, and will get this off the to-do list right quick. 

14 hours ago, El Borracho said:

With an election coming up, it wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that the Jan 6 committee needs the records quickly to prevent another insurrection. A direct threat to free and fair elections deserves to jump the line.

8 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

With an election coming up, it wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that the Jan 6 committee needs the records quickly to prevent another insurrection. A direct threat to free and fair elections deserves to jump the line.

Unless this results in Trump and his minions going to jail do you think for one minute anything that comes out of the evil Democrats will matter one bit to the supporters of Trump?  If anything, it will energize them.

18 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Unless this results in Trump and his minions going to jail do you think for one minute anything that comes out of the evil Democrats will matter one bit to the supporters of Trump?  If anything, it will energize them.

If there is accountability, history records Jan 6 as a failed coup attempt. If there isn't, it becomes a dry run.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Mark K said:

Well, I like to believe that Roberts has also had his fill of Trump, and will get this off the to-do list right quick. 

Roberts gets to live with knowing that the legacy of the “Roberts Court” will be allowing the wholesale purchase of our government and the wholesale disenfranchisement of voters.