J/70 thoughts from owners/actual users

I know about the search function and know this has been touched on a bit before.  I have pretty much settled on this as the next boat.  Requirements-1 Bottom paint so boat can stay at dock (this eliminates most sport boats as I am not interested in lowering the boats value by large double digit percentages by applying bottom paint or rendering the boat valueless/impossible to sell)-J/70 class seems to be a bit less of an issue from a valuation standpoint.  2-I am North of 60 and although in good health, need something a little detuned compared to state of the art and I am  ok with that 3-Must be ramp launchable (no YC lifts) 4-No orphan boats, hull numbers must be North of 800 boats produced 5-Stable valuation for resale (see requirement #4) Budget 30kish or less, boat must be 2012 or newer, this number must include trailer and everything else needed to go sailing/casual racing 5 20-24ftish with at least some form of a cuddy to store Beveridge's, get out of the weather, etc.  Feel free to add comments on your thoughts and if you know of a J-70 not on any of the usual sites (SA, etc) feel free to PM me, must be east of Mississippi though.

16 hours ago, Alter Ego 6 said:

I know about the search function and know this has been touched on a bit before.  I have pretty much settled on this as the next boat.  Requirements-1 Bottom paint so boat can stay at dock (this eliminates most sport boats as I am not interested in lowering the boats value by large double digit percentages by applying bottom paint or rendering the boat valueless/impossible to sell)-J/70 class seems to be a bit less of an issue from a valuation standpoint.  2-I am North of 60 and although in good health, need something a little detuned compared to state of the art and I am  ok with that 3-Must be ramp launchable (no YC lifts) 4-No orphan boats, hull numbers must be North of 800 boats produced 5-Stable valuation for resale (see requirement #4) Budget 30kish or less, boat must be 2012 or newer, this number must include trailer and everything else needed to go sailing/casual racing 5 20-24ftish with at least some form of a cuddy to store Beveridge's, get out of the weather, etc.  Feel free to add comments on your thoughts and if you know of a J-70 not on any of the usual sites (SA, etc) feel free to PM me, must be east of Mississippi though.

There's one on Cape Cod that already has bottom paint on it and has been for sale for a while.  I'll see if it's still for sale.

Found it.  They even dropped the price to $29k recently.  https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2014/j-boats-j-70-3556560/  

By the way, this thread would have more legs in the JBoat section rather than Sport Boat.  

Edit:  I see that it's in both