My hospital is so fucked right now (RN)

I recently came across a photo of myself in late December 2020 getting my first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. I was ecstatic. Many of my colleagues posted similar images. Even though we were all wearing masks, no one could miss the smiles on our faces. This vaccine was the hope we’d been waiting for. In that moment of jubilation, I could not imagine the tragedy to come.

In the hospital in Tampa where I work as a hospitalist, the daily number of Covid-19 patients held steady in the 20s between January 2021 and July. While some of those patients were incredibly sick, and some died, the work felt doable after the crushing summer surge in 2020.

Then everything changed. Beginning in late July, the number of Covid-19 patients we are caring for has skyrocketed. The hospital went from fewer than 20 patients with active Covid-19 to more than 200 today. When the two floors of our Global Emerging Disease Institute quickly filled with Covid-19 patients, we scrambled to convert other areas of the hospital to treat them. The inpatient rehabilitation facility was closed and reopened as a Covid-19 unit. Every three to five days another unit was emptied to make room for the Covid-19 patients flooding the hospital’s emergency department.

As I write this, 13 of the hospital’s wards are now dedicated to caring for people with Covid-19.

It’s not just the number of patients that’s worse this time around. They are also sicker. I’ve gotten used to seeing a patient during morning rounds on minimal supplemental oxygen who ends up in the ICU before the day is over. I cared for one patient who, in 24 hours, went from being on a small amount of supplemental oxygen — 4 liters — to being on a ventilator. When even maximal ventilator support couldn’t provide him with the oxygen he needed, I called his wife and told her I didn’t think he would make it. She broke down on the phone and asked if we could arrange a call for their 9-year-old son to say goodbye to his dad.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/24/florida-doctor-this-devastating-covid-surge-didnt-need-to-happen/

But BE doesn't need a vaccine. Nurses and doctors are just shills for big pharma.

I feel for his friends and family that don't get a say. But if push came to shove, the doctors and nurse are far more important.

We should just mandate vaccinations for those eligible or deny them a hospital bed. It's extreme, but so is the result of their selfishness. Why should we allow the selfish to continue to kill or maim decent folk? When you start using malaria, a non contagious disease, as an example against vaccinations this might be an outcome we are forced to take. After all, wilful ignorance is just another name for stupidity.

• Like 12
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently came across a photo of myself in late December 2020 getting my first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. I was ecstatic. Many of my colleagues posted similar images. Even though we were all wearing

@BlatantEcho  It's true head hunters for nurses can and do advertise far out of scale salaries for travel assignments.  It's going to be a bigger business in the coming years as burnout from bedside n

Blatant, I agree with you that the cost of treating patients is a small (but not insignificant) part of the cost of the Pandemic.  The enormous amount of debt being created in the world in the pa

Posted Images

Dr Morgan, an Associate Professor at Sydney University, appeared alongside the NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian at a press conference this morning to describe what she has seen first-hand.

Here's an edited transcript of what she said.

"I know that some people are still worried about getting vaccinated so I wanted to share some stories with you about what it's like and how it feels to fall ill with COVID-19.

And my hope is that when we can understand a little bit more about how it feels to get sick with COVID-19 we might transfer some of our anxieties about the vaccine to feeling a bit more anxious about the illness and what we can do constructively to reduce our chances of falling ill with this.

Once you're exposed to virus, most of us have very, very few symptoms in the early days....they will be the ordinary cold and flu symptoms of headache, a bit of a sore throat, maybe a little bit of a cough. Some people have muscle aches and some people have fever in those early days. But some people become breathless and dizzy. And these are the sorts of symptoms that need urgent medical assistance.

If you have COVID-19, and you feel breathless, you have trouble breathing or you're feeling dizzy, you need to call an ambulance. An ambulance is free, your medical care will be free, and there will be people who can care for you even if English is not your first language.

The symptoms of COVID-19 that are affecting many of the patients that I've been caring for in the last few weeks include a really severe headache, not just a little bit of a headache but a really severe migraine-like headache that makes you sensitive to light, a stiff neck and takes more than just Panadol to relieve it. It's really awful.

Many of my patients have a terrible cough, the sort of cough that leaves you breathless and they can't move or speak or walk without the cough becoming really, really terrible. Lots of patients have diarrhoea. Lots of patients have nausea. They just can't eat or drink anything. And people feel so overwhelmingly fatigued, all they can do is lie on the bed.

Some of these patients become increasingly breathless. Initially, just breathless, walking quickly or making the bed, but as time goes by, they become breathless walking or even talking.

If anybody is at home with symptoms this severe, they need to call an ambulance. Don't ring up and make a GP appointment, call an ambulance. Because these are the sorts of symptoms and signs that tell me that the COVID-19 illness is progressing and progressing quickly.

As people become increasingly breathless, the oxygen in their blood starts to drop and they need increasing levels of extra support to keep those oxygen levels up. That might be oxygen via little nasal prongs that go into the nose but as the things progress and as people get sicker, they may need actually a machine to do the breathing for them.

One of the things that I noticed in my most recent days in the hospital was that the heartbreaking stories of patients who were very, very young. I've been looking after patients in their 20s, in their 30s and in their 40s.

Many of whom have very young children, many of whom have partners who are in hospital in other hospitals, dislocating their families. Many of these patients have children who have needed to be admitted to other hospitals so that there is someone who can care for them safely. All of them have extended families who have been impact in many, many ways by the impact of COVID-19 illness. Not one person that I was caring for with severe respiratory illness over the last few days was fully vaccinated.

This does not have to be you... two doses of COVID-19 vaccination will be your suit of armour. It will protect you from getting sick from COVID-19, from needing admission to hospital and from ending up in ICU. Protect your loved ones and protect yourself."

27 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

An ambulance is free, your medical care will be free, and there will be people who can care for you even if English is not your first language.

Thank god for universal medical care

• Like 3
On 8/21/2021 at 1:15 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Not sure I understand you.

You're saying that medical professionals don't believe in the protection/risk ratio of the covid vaccinations and are refusing to have them? Have I got that right?

Perhaps they're in the wrong business, then.

FKT

Yes, I am saying that there are more than a few healthcare professionals out there who don't believe in the vax and are refusing to have them (she is not among them). This is going to cause a major problem for those states who are mandating the vax by all who work in a healthcare setting (docs, mid-levels, nurses, techs, all levels of staff, admin, etc...).

BE

Please die quickly and don't take anyone with you.

Sent to you reflecting all the love you give.

Or, you could buy a brain.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Vin said:

Yes, I am saying that there are more than a few healthcare professionals out there who don't believe in the vax and are refusing to have them (she is not among them). This is going to cause a major problem for those states who are mandating the vax by all who work in a healthcare setting (docs, mid-levels, nurses, techs, all levels of staff, admin, etc...).

When Houston Methodist system enacted the mandate it affected 116 out of over 22k so not so many. One nurse who left was quoted saying she will die before getting the vaccine.  Not going to argue with that. The big problem I see is burnout after 18 months of crisis now being created by all those who have refused the vaccines. I have no doubt there will always be some hillbilly facilities happy to employ those who choose their freedom over safety of those they are entrusted to care for.

What really gives me pause is wondering about the ability of nonvax/vaxreluctant/vaxrefusing medical staff to have absorbed their training and effectively think through circumstances and apply it as they care for patients. Especially as they care for me, lol not lol  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

When Houston Methodist system enacted the mandate it affected 116 out of over 22k so not so many. One nurse who left was quoted saying she will die before getting the vaccine.  Not going to argue with that. The big problem I see is burnout after 18 months of crisis now being created by all those who have refused the vaccines. I have no doubt there will always be some hillbilly facilities happy to employ those who choose their freedom over safety of those they are entrusted to care for.

With the huge nursing shortage and sign on bonuses or temporary worker fees being paid, its hard to turn away competent morons incapable of rational thought, but capable of following orders and protocols precisely and efficiently.   The ethics of the decision don't seem obvious.   Indiana hospitals are reportedly already limited by personal, not beds.   The consequence of firing unvaccinated nurses / orderlies / etc may be dead patients due to delayed or missed treatments.

As a business decision (probably the bigger consideration for hospital administrators) it is an interesting equation.   Will increased numbers of sick and quarantined employees cost more and affect staffing and especially revenue more then a certain worker shortage?   Will sick employees increase paid time off?   After personal days (already an expense of employment) the hospital may only be obligated to provide unemployment insurance for any CoVid quarantines.   It will be hard for the employee to file a workman's comp claim when they refused to make their own employment safer with a free vaccine.   I suspect the hospital can demand more of employees when their coworkers have to call in then they can when they know for sure they don't have enough people scheduled for September, or October.    I think the decision to fire would be easy if it was a few nurses, but untenable if it was a large percent.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 4:44 AM, TheDragon said:

You all still taking BE seriously. He is completely full of bullshit. His anecdotes are bullshit. His friends are fictional. His travels are only in his dreams. He has conceded that he is a troll. Stop taking him seriously.

It is all in his name, BlatantEcho, he is winding people up deliberately, arguing the opposite of the rational. His reasons are his own, but I see no benefit to his bullshit.

• Like 2
On 8/30/2021 at 1:26 PM, Lark said:

With the huge nursing shortage and sign on bonuses or temporary worker fees being paid, its hard to turn away competent morons incapable of rational thought, but capable of following orders and protocols precisely and efficiently.   The ethics of the decision don't seem obvious.   Indiana hospitals are reportedly already limited by personal, not beds.   The consequence of firing unvaccinated nurses / orderlies / etc may be dead patients due to delayed or missed treatments.

As a business decision (probably the bigger consideration for hospital administrators) it is an interesting equation.   Will increased numbers of sick and quarantined employees cost more and affect staffing and especially revenue more then a certain worker shortage?   Will sick employees increase paid time off?   After personal days (already an expense of employment) the hospital may only be obligated to provide unemployment insurance for any CoVid quarantines.   It will be hard for the employee to file a workman's comp claim when they refused to make their own employment safer with a free vaccine.   I suspect the hospital can demand more of employees when their coworkers have to call in then they can when they know for sure they don't have enough people scheduled for September, or October.    I think the decision to fire would be easy if it was a few nurses, but untenable if it was a large percent.

rabid righty acquaintance (anti-union, generally) is now calling on the unions to fight the tyranny. Pretty funny to watch his (and his' wife's) mental gymnastics why they concurrently try to condemn unions, and then call unions to action. 

On 8/31/2021 at 6:26 AM, Lark said:

You totally missed hospitals being sued by patients and staff who catch Covid in the hospital. Any hospital that draws up a Covid action plan will have "Ensure all staff and workers are vaccinated" at the very top of the list.

There is no defence for hospitals that do not insist their staff are vaccinated, and there should be no hospital accepting unvaccinated job applicants. So if medical personnel want to work in medicine, they will need to find somewhere else to work, maybe a GP reception?

I don't believe there is ever a shortage of nurses or medical staff, but there is a shortage of qualified people who are prepared to work in hospitals. Most of the ones I know have had enough after 5 years or so and go looking elsewhere.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:18 PM, d'ranger said:

The big problem I see is burnout after 18 months of crisis now being created by all those who have refused the vaccines. 

This is what will devastate healthcare within the next two years (as if it wasn't bad enough before COVID). There are older docs and nurses (and support staff) that are literally saying "eff it" and taking their retirement now, as they are perfectly entitled to. As a result...mandatory OT coverage across the specialties. 

24 months from now you local level 1 trauma center is going to look like Beirut. They are not going to have the bodies to staff the place.

What really pisses me off is that admins and planners have had 18 months to plan for this. 

The admins and planners probably didn't account for <50% vaccination rates and willful disregard for basic public health measures by the general public.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, ShortForBob said:

Yes, Why?

Sorry, it was an attempt at a joke.  Claiming refugee status from the USA for medical care.

3 hours ago, Vin said:

What really pisses me off is that admins and planners have had 18 months to plan for this. 

Hard to plan for mass stupidity, antivax conspiracy theories, mandates to kill off voters supported by politicians and no mask wearing freedumb. 

18 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Hard to plan for mass stupidity, antivax conspiracy theories, mandates to kill off voters supported by politicians and no mask wearing freedumb. 

You can never, ever be cynical enough.  Unless you’re evil, but that is the other side of the coin, no?

2 hours ago, Amati said:

Or North Idaho.  

Scary people live there. It’s a survivalist and white nationalist haven.

Beautiful, but full of armed, paranoid characters getting ready for the zombie (furriner) apocalypse or the Rapture, whichever comes first.

I lived in south/central Idaho (Mountain Home) for a couple of years as a kid.

4 hours ago, accnick said:

Scary people live there. It’s a survivalist and white nationalist haven.

Beautiful, but full of armed, paranoid characters getting ready for the zombie (furriner) apocalypse or the Rapture, whichever comes first.

I lived in south/central Idaho (Mountain Home) for a couple of years as a kid.

And now they’re instituting death panels!  Way too many sick people for ICU’s, so admitting will be based on who is most likely to survive.

Freedom!  Guns!  Low vaccination rate! What could go wrong?  

6 hours ago, Amati said:

And now they’re instituting death panels!  Way too many sick people for ICU’s, so admitting will be based on who is most likely to survive.

Freedom!  Guns!  Low vaccination rate! What could go wrong?  

If they're instituting death panels and the sick people are gun owners, I'm guessing a good proportion are..... I cannot imagine this ending well.

It would be just like the selfish stupid to get angry and take a few good people out with them because freedum, no masks and no vaccines.

On 9/6/2021 at 4:27 PM, Navig8tor said:

Seriously?? Did anyone pay attention the last 6 years in this country? 

Look, I don't want to turn this into PA, but not considering social factors and beliefs (right or wrong) in the planning process is willful disregard of a phenomenon that is developing right in front of their faces. This is simply not paying attention to the people that work for them.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Vin said:

Look, I don't want to turn this into PA, but not considering social factors and beliefs (right or wrong) in the planning process is willful disregard of a phenomenon that is developing right in front of their faces. This is simply not paying attention to the people that work for them.

Tiny bubbles,

floating around my brain

avoiding reality,

avoiding pain.

(or something like that)

14 minutes ago, Vin said:

Whilst I agree  with your sentiments,  equally its hard to apply planning when politicians, TFG first and foremost dismantle any Pandemic response, and pretend nothings happening,  in "willful disregard of a phenomenon that is developing right in front of their faces."

Unfortunately this became political when TFG caring only about his own political survival ignored any meaningful response saying instead that "soon it will be zero" , "its a hoax" and turning his segment of supporters into no mask wearing superspreaders. 

Many businesses believed what the President was saying,  after all he was the President.

Only when it became obvious this was not the case, it was already too late,  hospitals nationwide were slammed, remember trying to get basic things like PPE and let's not forget the previously unheard of scale of treatment isolated wards and every hospital on the planet looking for the same devices and oxygen to save lives, it was a medical perfect storm and Delta was/is the double whammy.

The minute TFG knew this was bad shit the Medical professionals and Hospitals should have been put on Notice-they weren't .

Hard then to make plans, I empathize  totally with overworked medical staff but political assholes that still insist on no vaccines and no masks are still not helping, indeed they are a major problem.

Hard to plan for the lunacy on display.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Unfortunately this became political when TFG caring only about his own political survival ignored any meaningful response saying instead that "soon it will be zero" , "its a hoax" and turning his segment of supporters into no mask wearing superspreaders. 

And yet politicians around the world have been reelected on the back of tough/strong measures to contain covid. I still contend that if TFG had taken it seriously, hard closed borders, including between states and been pro masks and social distancing, he would've won in a land-slide, daylight second.

Clearly he's not the political wizard he thinks he is.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Ncik said:

Clearly he's not the political wizard he thinks he is.

He is and always will be a narcissist and a fuckwit, if he had handled the pandemic properly you would be living under a dictatorship now- absolutely no question in my mind.

If that's the only plus to come out of this clusterfuck, its a pretty big one.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

He is and always will be a narcissist and a fuckwit, if he had handled the pandemic properly you would be living under a dictatorship now- absolutely no question in my mind.

If that's the only plus to come out of this clusterfuck, its a pretty big one.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

27 minutes ago, IStream said:

Think the fat lady tried to push onto the stage Jan 6.....well before it was her turn, fortunately there's been a bit of blowback since then and many more people a now wise to how the opera should end.

There are numerous references to the "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" however my context is based upon this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_ain't_over_till_the_fat_lady_sings

11 minutes ago, IStream said:

You're more optimistic than I am. I hope you're right, I fear you're not.

1. TFG sets the trap (reduces taxes, increases spending, debt ramped up)
  2. Loses the unlosable election
  3. Biden can't escape the trap
  4. USA defaults on debt
  5. Economic and social armageddon world wide
  6. TFG is resurrected

Is that the playbook?

10 minutes ago, Ncik said:
  1. TFG sets the trap (reduces taxes, increases spending, debt ramped up)
  2. Loses the unlosable election
  3. Biden can't escape the trap
  4. USA defaults on debt
  5. Economic and social armageddon world wide
  6. TFG is resurrected

Is that the playbook?

If that was a playbook would you elect TFG to engineer a recovery? Seriously?

That turd would be the last person on this earth in mine, the only thing he appears to be good at is bankruptcy.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

If that was a playbook would you elect TFG to engineer a recovery? Seriously?

That turd would be the last person on this earth in mine, the only thing he appears to be good at is bankruptcy.

Who said anything about being elected?

But to be fair, he isn't much good at insurrections either.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, IStream said:

Given the prospensity for obesity to be  co morbidity with this bug will the fat lady ever sing again?

My niece is a nurse on the cardiac ward at the major hospital in Gainesville, FL.  Of course she is vaccinated.  Her "country folk" husband, who smokes heavily, and his family would not get vaccinated despite her pleading.  They all are now positive for Covid, including her son who is too young to be vaccinated yet.  Her husband's parents are in the hospital, one just admitted to ICU.  She is the only one not positive.

These are not stupid people.  They have evidence to just how serious this all is.  My niece has been on involved with this since it first started.  I don't understand how these people that are obviously informed, can make the decision to not get vaccinated?

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

These are not stupid people.  They have evidence to just how serious this all is.  My niece has been on involved with this since it first started.  I don't understand how these people that are obviously informed, can make the decision to not get vaccinated?

I think they ARE stupid. They ignore evidence that is obvious to most of us.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

My niece is a nurse on the cardiac ward at the major hospital in Gainesville, FL.  Of course she is vaccinated.  Her "country folk" husband, who smokes heavily, and his family would not get vaccinated despite her pleading.  They all are now positive for Covid, including her son who is too young to be vaccinated yet.  Her husband's parents are in the hospital, one just admitted to ICU.  She is the only one not positive.

The 'country folk' husband married her but still doesn't respect her judgement on her area of expertise.    At the very least, he thinks anonymous internet trolls are more believable then his own wife.   That says everything about his intelligence, or his marriage.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bridhb said:

Anyone who smokes heavily has already shown a disregard for medical advise so it's not a surprise that he treats vaccinations with disdain.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lark said:

The 'country folk' husband married her but still doesn't respect her judgement on her area of expertise.    At the very least, he thinks anonymous internet trolls are more believable then his own wife.   That says everything about his intelligence and his marriage.  

Fixed…..

On 8/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, shaggybaxter said:

I recently came across a photo of myself in late December 2020 getting my first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. I was ecstatic. Many of my colleagues posted similar images. Even though we were all wearing masks, no one could miss the smiles on our faces. This vaccine was the hope we’d been waiting for. In that moment of jubilation, I could not imagine the tragedy to come.

In the hospital in Tampa where I work as a hospitalist, the daily number of Covid-19 patients held steady in the 20s between January 2021 and July. While some of those patients were incredibly sick, and some died, the work felt doable after the crushing summer surge in 2020.

Then everything changed. Beginning in late July, the number of Covid-19 patients we are caring for has skyrocketed. The hospital went from fewer than 20 patients with active Covid-19 to more than 200 today. When the two floors of our Global Emerging Disease Institute quickly filled with Covid-19 patients, we scrambled to convert other areas of the hospital to treat them. The inpatient rehabilitation facility was closed and reopened as a Covid-19 unit. Every three to five days another unit was emptied to make room for the Covid-19 patients flooding the hospital’s emergency department.

As I write this, 13 of the hospital’s wards are now dedicated to caring for people with Covid-19.

It’s not just the number of patients that’s worse this time around. They are also sicker. I’ve gotten used to seeing a patient during morning rounds on minimal supplemental oxygen who ends up in the ICU before the day is over. I cared for one patient who, in 24 hours, went from being on a small amount of supplemental oxygen — 4 liters — to being on a ventilator. When even maximal ventilator support couldn’t provide him with the oxygen he needed, I called his wife and told her I didn’t think he would make it. She broke down on the phone and asked if we could arrange a call for their 9-year-old son to say goodbye to his dad.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/24/florida-doctor-this-devastating-covid-surge-didnt-need-to-happen/

But BE doesn't need a vaccine. Nurses and doctors are just shills for big pharma.

I feel for his friends and family that don't get a say. But if push came to shove, the doctors and nurse are far more important.

We should just mandate vaccinations for those eligible or deny them a hospital bed. It's extreme, but so is the result of their selfishness. Why should we allow the selfish to continue to kill or maim decent folk? When you start using malaria, a non contagious disease, as an example against vaccinations this might be an outcome we are forced to take. After all, wilful ignorance is just another name for stupidity.

//Salute// to all the Hospitalists like you.   There was a period- around March and in my hospital-- where things seemed surreal.   COVID pts could be counted on one hand, visitors were back, the big hallway of death was just a regular hallway with regular pts.  Walking around after the really dark days of '20 to Jan '21 it felt weird, like "Holy shit, we made it. . . . we're on the other side."   

And we know how that turned out. 

I left to be a school nurse right when we were running out of fucking BIPAPS in my Hospital last month.  One of the last things I did was take a 75 year old unvaxxed smoker down to be intubated.  Full Code, of course, "she's a fighter."  Admitting note said "Entire family sick with COVID and all unvaccinated."    I mean, really, what are we supposed to do at this point?  

On 9/5/2021 at 8:32 PM, RobG said:

I don't believe there is ever a shortage of nurses or medical staff, but there is a shortage of qualified people who are prepared to work in hospitals. Most of the ones I know have had enough after 5 years or so and go looking elsewhere.

5 is pretty good. I lasted 1.  I think the average is 2.  My rural hospital was pretty short staffed before COVID. That's why I got thousands in a signing bonus which I squirreled away in boat fund and just used it to buy an S2 now that I am back near water.   

But this is true:  On my 1 year anniversary as a nurse I was the most experienced nurse on our Progressive Care/Cardiac/COVID unit.  Not the most experienced we have, just the most experienced that day.  How crazy and fucked up is that? It was another day with no Charge Nurse, no aides, no monitor tech or anybody to answer phones.   The attrition has been like the Battle of Stalingrad: "Holy shit, that grizzled ass guy has been here a year."  And while some nurses like me are leaving for less stressful work, others are taking travel contracts and making BANK.  

The job has always been grueling- 12 hour shifts which are usually 13.  Straining back and such working with 400--800lb total care pts.  I'd get 15,000 steps in before noon every day, half way through my shift.  But COVID took that grueling to another level. 

3 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

//Salute// to all the Hospitalists like you.   There was a period- around March and in my hospital-- where things seemed surreal.   COVID pts could be counted on one hand, visitors were back, the big hallway of death was just a regular hallway with regular pts.  Walking around after the really dark days of '20 to Jan '21 it felt weird, like "Holy shit, we made it. . . . we're on the other side."   

And we know how that turned out. 

I left to be a school nurse right when we were running out of fucking BIPAPS in my Hospital last month.  One of the last things I did was take a 75 year old unvaxxed smoker down to be intubated.  Full Code, of course, "she's a fighter."  Admitting note said "Entire family sick with COVID and all unvaccinated."    I mean, really, what are we supposed to do at this point?  

Tent in the car park. Lots of pain-relieving drugs and wait until they die.

As for having to deal with personal care/movement of 400lb-800lb people (800 lbs!!! For fuck's sake) - no. Just no. My petite GF did personal care on people with disabilities in her younger days, got a damaged back out of it, nobody was anywhere near that weight.

How in the world can people get to that weight and still be alive? And I ask that after living in Tucson for a year seeing the utterly obese go everywhere on mobility scooters.

Perhaps a decent winnowing is long overdue.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Tent in the car park. Lots of pain-relieving drugs and wait until they die.

As for having to deal with personal care/movement of 400lb-800lb people (800 lbs!!! For fuck's sake) - no. Just no. My petite GF did personal care on people with disabilities in her younger days, got a damaged back out of it, nobody was anywhere near that weight.

How in the world can people get to that weight and still be alive? And I ask that after living in Tucson for a year seeing the utterly obese go everywhere on mobility scooters.

Perhaps a decent winnowing is long overdue.

FKT

Oh. . . . I once had a 600lb lady with bed bug infestation.  She needed a new catheter. I couldn't get anybody to help. People stayed far away from that room and avoided her call light. I felt bad for her. Anyway, I finally tapped my work wife.  She lifted up the woman's belly, which was the size of a table, so I could crawl between her legs, suited up,   and go spelunking through folds of flesh trying to find her vagina- which wasn't as easy as it sounds,  and then really get in there to find her urethra while laying in the bed with her to get the new cath in.  Mission accomplished! 

4 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Oh. . . . I once had a 600lb lady with bed bug infestation.  She needed a new catheter. I couldn't get anybody to help. People stayed far away from that room and avoided her call light. I felt bad for her. Anyway, I finally tapped my work wife.  She lifted up the woman's belly, which was the size of a table, so I could crawl between her legs, suited up,   and go spelunking through folds of flesh trying to find her vagina- which wasn't as easy as it sounds,  and then really get in there to find her urethra while laying in the bed with her to get the new cath in.  Mission accomplished! 

That is definitely above and beyond the call of duty. How are people like that even alive ?

I salute you for your dedication. Being a school nurse must feel like a walk in the park after that.

2 minutes ago, accnick said:

That is definitely above and beyond the call of duty. How are people like that even alive ?

I salute you for your dedication. Being a school nurse must feel like a walk in the park after that.

It's really heartbreaking, actually. Most of the people I've met that big are profoundly sad, kind and have experienced trauma. We're talking a true psychological pathology.     When we discharged an 800 lb person we had to call EVERYONE.  Fire department refused to help but I guess they showed up to get the person inside the house, so that's good.  Had 12 people in the room including sheriff's deputies lifting the person onto the bariatric stretcher.  EMS responded to a call at that house a couple weeks later and found the individual dead.  Which is pretty much what happens. 

• Like 1
On 8/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, Vin said:
On 8/21/2021 at 1:15 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Not sure I understand you.

You're saying that medical professionals don't believe in the protection/risk ratio of the covid vaccinations and are refusing to have them? Have I got that right?

Perhaps they're in the wrong business, then.

FKT

Expand  Expand  

I met one such person and I continue to be puzzled by her. She stands there while a dentist with a drill flings mouth parts around the room and she's scared of the vaccine. I'd want a full biohazard suit to do her job but her job doesn't scare her.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:17 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Medical science is not something one "believes in."

Perhaps not, but people get degrees in the medical arts. Do you believe in second opinions? Science should give the same answer every time.

9 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

It's really heartbreaking, actually. Most of the people I've met that big are profoundly sad,

I was implementing an Asset Management system in a Hospital.

Before that I had no idea about Bariatric Equipment was.  It's for super heavy people.  Slings, beds, wheel chairs etc.  They all had to be tested to ensure they were safe and could take the weight.

I also didn't know about the Stealth trolleys that are used to take dead people away without upsetting the kiddies!  I have some great boring stories from that job.

16 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

Perhaps not, but people get degrees in the medical arts. Do you believe in second opinions? Science should give the same answer every time.

That just shows your ignorance Tom.

Science does stuff with thousands of people to prove a drug.  Each of those thousands of individuals has a different story to tell.

But thanks for confirming your anti-science credentials.

Fucking shill.

35 minutes ago, random. said:

Science does stuff with thousands of people to prove a drug.  Each of those thousands of individuals has a different story to tell.

Fucking shill.

Oh no. I've been told off by an expert on the science of nanothermite. The horror.

3 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:
On 8/21/2021 at 1:17 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Medical science is not something one "believes in."

Agreed. Science does give the same answer every time.

If not, then either you're not asking the question quite the same way, or measuring things quite the same way, etc. Science is not an absolute because there are very few things we -know- absolutely... everything gets refined, redefined, and measured more accurately. That's different from saying "this" or "that" answer is wrong.

- DSK

I made a very good living in a few different careers following 2 ideas:

1) you have to really want to get good data

2) the data are trying to tell you something

Yes I know I split an infinitive and anthropomorphized data.

On 9/11/2021 at 3:27 AM, Excoded Tom said:

You do know that we're just a chemical factory in a bag, with our own unique recipes on how to mix/match and produce the chemicals, right? And that introducing a new chemical has different effects on other bags of chemicals?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, Raz&#x27;r said:

You do know that we're just a chemical factory in a bag, with our own unique recipes on how to mix/match and produce the chemicals, right? And that introducing a new chemical has different effects on other bags of chemicals?

Yes and yes. Your point?

And no, mocking me again for making fun of randumb's reliance on Richard Gage is not a point.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:43 AM, random. said:

Fucking shill.

Calling me names doesn't make your leader Richard Gage seem any more sane.

Here's a quote.

Richard Gage at the United We Stand Festival, July 3, 2021: “The evidence is so clear and people can’t deny it. Once you knock it over for them, all of a sudden they’ll see JFK, they’ll see RFK, they’ll see MLK, they’ll see COVID, they’ll see vaccines. You can open their eyes with this. It’s not biologically complex like they try to make the current false flag operation, which is what all these are. Where they manipulate us with emotions and fear. In the case of 9/11, to be afraid and to acquiesce to wars. In the case of the current false flag operation, to be compliant and to take what they’re recommending to give us which is extremely dangerous.”

Expand   Expand  

By the way, have you solved 9/11 in Gage's recommended way?

In a 2019 podcast appearance, Gage encouraged listeners to read Christopher Bollyn’s book, Solving 9/11, which claims the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by Israel and the Jews, calling it “valid research.”

2 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Yes and yes. Your point?

That not all experiments go the same for all people. Some will get super immunity, some will have breakthrough infections, some will get shingles, some will get liver cancer. Not all experiments turn out exactly the same, each time.

7 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Calling me names doesn't make your leader Richard Gage seem any more sane.

So you are quoting a story promulgated by a Jewish propaganda .org?

"ADL is a leading anti-hate organization that was founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry. "

Are you being paid by Mossad?

Got any credible shit?

3 hours ago, random. said:

So you are quoting a story promulgated by a Jewish propaganda .org?

"ADL is a leading anti-hate organization that was founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry. "

Are you being paid by Mossad?

Got any credible shit?

How am I to know which sources will be randumbly approved?

I take your response to be a "yes" to this question?

11 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

By the way, have you solved 9/11 in Gage's recommended way?

In a 2019 podcast appearance, Gage encouraged listeners to read Christopher Bollyn’s book, Solving 9/11, which claims the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by Israel and the Jews, calling it “valid research.”